BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,630
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 45 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ty Xanders has become a comedy within a bad joke. "Can't talk about 2018 commits, but we have one. Can't make it public, but I can make comments that imply who the kid is." This kid is 13 years old. It didn't wind up on Twitter without the club / prep school coach crazies putting it out there. Sounds like Petro for once may have tried to save some dignity to at least wait until this kid took his first pee in the high school locker room, but no. My kid committed to an Ivy two months ago. I give my son a lot of credit. When IL's little Twitter [lacrosse] asked around about him, his HS and club coaches both respected our privacy. Nobody knew then, nobody will know for 2 more years. Why make a public spectacle of your kid at the age of 13, 14, 15, 16?

Agreed. I respect what your saying, Ty Xanders is a hypocritical wanna be. Zero credibility. Seems like a non athletic 24 year old living in mom's basement.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty Xanders has become a comedy within a bad joke. "Can't talk about 2018 commits, but we have one. Can't make it public, but I can make comments that imply who the kid is." This kid is 13 years old. It didn't wind up on Twitter without the club / prep school coach crazies putting it out there. Sounds like Petro for once may have tried to save some dignity to at least wait until this kid took his first pee in the high school locker room, but no. My kid committed to an Ivy two months ago. I give my son a lot of credit. When IL's little Twitter [lacrosse] asked around about him, his HS and club coaches both respected our privacy. Nobody knew then, nobody will know for 2 more years. Why make a public spectacle of your kid at the age of 13, 14, 15, 16?

Agreed. I respect what your saying, Ty Xanders is a hypocritical wanna be. Zero credibility. Seems like a non athletic 24 year old living in mom's basement.

What's the matter, your boy not make top 20 list? Work harder and stop blaming Ty. The guy does a great job and is well respected in the lax community. All the kids he writes about are well deserving and are being offered scholarships, so he must know something, because coaches don't offer scholarships as favors!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's the matter, your boy not make top 20 list? Work harder and stop blaming Ty. The guy does a great job and is well respected in the lax community. All the kids he writes about are well deserving and are being offered scholarships, so he must know something, because coaches don't offer scholarships as favors!

Top 20? Hey genius, you mean Top 25 and its NOT even out yet! Do you homework before you come on here, you goof. As far as my son, Xanders has written about him and it means nothing to me. My son committed on his ability, work ethic & grades. Back to "Ty being respected" you are completely incorrect, that's the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 20? Hey genius, you mean Top 25 and its NOT even out yet! Do you homework before you come on here, you goof. As far as my son, Xanders has written about him and it means nothing to me. My son committed on his ability, work ethic & grades. Back to "Ty being respected" you are completely incorrect, that's the truth.

You are an [lacrosse]! Nice try. Why would you put down someone who talks about your son on a flattering way. If you know anything about Ty, you would know that he relies heavily on the opinions of both the travel and D1 Coaches. Why would you be so bitter? Unless of course, you are full of shi☆

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The player, his family and Yale coach asked for privacy, we should all respect it. Great kid, great family, and plays for a great club. Leave it at that. It will be out soon enough.
Another smithtown east boy commits to yale. Program on fire!

A Turtle?

No,91. Class currently has 5 2017 committs, program has 10 top D1 committs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an [lacrosse]! Nice try. Why would you put down someone who talks about your son on a flattering way. If you know anything about Ty, you would know that he relies heavily on the opinions of both the travel and D1 Coaches. Why would you be so bitter? Unless of course, you are full of shi☆

Yes, but I'm a WELL INFORMED [lacrosse]. Believe what you like. I know this much, his opinion is not important to me. Just because you want to throw a party because some nobody tweets about your son, doesn't mean every parent with a committed kid are so flattered or even care. Have a good night, I guess I better end the exchange because I'm worried you will curse at me again on here, its very SCARY!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland to offer lifetime scholarships for all athletes...announced today, for all sports, not just revenue sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The player, his family and Yale coach asked for privacy, we should all respect it. Great kid, great family, and plays for a great club. Leave it at that. It will be out soon enough.

A Turtle?

is the kid a 2018 and 16 or am I mixing a few random posts or are they all related?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Turtle?

is the kid a 2018 and 16 or am I mixing a few random posts or are they all related?

I can confirm that Yale coaches appreciate privacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Turtle?

I can confirm that Yale coaches appreciate privacy.

So lets keep putting it out there!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 2017 li teams are at quaker fest in fall - its the top recruiting tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 2017 li teams are at quaker fest in fall - its the top recruiting tournament

Outlaws!! 2017 team is going to be top top team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh please make it stop!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles going to be there? Or a different Express team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe that the Quakerfest occurs during the NCAA contact period but during that same period coaches can't evaluate players. If correct, how do you think this will affect coach attendance? I think the same thing happened last year; so how was last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe that the Quakerfest occurs during the NCAA contact period but during that same period coaches can't evaluate players. If correct, how do you think this will affect coach attendance? I think the same thing happened last year; so how was last year?

Evaluation period starts November 1, so there will be evaluations going on, and there will be a lot of coaches there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The good athletes are playing football and are not going to waste time going there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The good athletes are playing football and are not going to waste time going there.

The players that want to play big D1 lacrosse should be going there on a sunday, no football on sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "good athletes play football" comment is plain ignorant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you're right, it should say the "very good"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The SMART athletes know to concentrate on sports that have actually have a future in...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The SMART athletes know to concentrate on sports that have actually have a future in...

You do not sound very SMART

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha! Please send around the long list of NFLers from LI. There are so many I have lost track. Lmfao!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha! Please send around the long list of NFLers from LI. There are so many I have lost track. Lmfao!

Please send around the long list of LI players that have made a descent living playing lacrosse. Professional lacrosse is a joke .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty soon you will also see a trend of D1 assistant and even head coaches quitting to leave for the club or showcase side where the money is, or just leave the sport. D1 lacrosse coaches work too hard for too little, especially the assistants who work all school year and then all summer living out of a suitcase to recruit. It needs to be football money for rational people to fill these coaching decisions and deal with all this recruiting mania to be competitive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please send around the long list of LI players that have made a descent living playing lacrosse. Professional lacrosse is a joke .

Are you that much of a moron? The goal is to get into a better college, enjoy the experience of being a student athlete, and have some tuition relief.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plenty of LI players get football scholarships each year. A football scholarship is real money saved not 5k off of a 50k tuition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plenty of LI players get football scholarships each year. A football scholarship is real money saved not 5k off of a 50k tuition.

Define plenty. 4-5? , compared with 100+ for lax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly the reason why the "best athletes" from other areas of the country will not be playing lacrosse over football anytime soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax dreamers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax dreamers

My kid, D1 commit - much more than "5k" - he don't play football. No dreaming here, those are facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax dreamers

My kid, D1 commit - much more than "5k" - he don't play football. No dreaming here, those are facts.

Same here. Bunch of jealous loses out there!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax dreamers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax dreamers

We were talking about ATHLETIC scholarship money only. Not need based and/or academic money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax dreamers

We were talking about ATHLETIC scholarship money only. Not need based and/or academic money.

Correct. My kid, "ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIP" for the sport of lacrosse over $5K in 2017 grad year. Not a football player, STILL not dreaming.

Honestly, if you are doubting that MANY of these 2017's have gotten lax $$$ over $5000 than your son is NOT being recruited as of now. Your not in the loop buddy, meaning you don't know what your talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100+ for lax?? where are you living?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you that much of a moron? The goal is to get into a better college, enjoy the experience of being a student athlete, and have some tuition relief.

I agree with you.... Think about the source, football parent, too many hits to the head... I think you know the deal now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Add it up, I counted 100 D1 commits on Laxpower where they list the kids alphabetically for the 2014 grad year. And I was only up to the letter H! Probably closer to 200+. And you want to play Football??

100+ for lax?? where are you living?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly, if you are doubting that MANY of these 2017's have gotten lax $$$ over $5000 than your son is NOT being recruited as of now. Your not in the loop buddy, meaning you don't know what your talking about. [/quote]

My kid committed early and is getting zero dollars. Only scholarship money at Ivy are academic scholarships.

The point is valid Mr. Daddy Bragger...lacrosse is a 12.5 sport. On the club sidelines and in these chat rooms everyone loves to brag they are getting big money %s or $$$ figures. Of course some kids get a lot more at some programs. But on average is isn't much. Assume 3 scholarships per class and 12 recruits per class, and assume last 3 are walk ons, that still leaves 3 over 9 kids and their psycho insecure Dads to please. The poster is not suggesting anything dumb. In football everyone rides free, in lacrosse few if any do. That is just the math and not my argument.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Majority of people lie even when the truth has been announced about scholarship monies. Nature of the beast to not be honest or forthcoming. So many should think when the child is assuming loans at 45,000 + to play a game. Rather it be academics then lax.

Page 7 of 45 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard