BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Boys 2019/2020 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by lidolfan
I was wondering if anyone knows of an available 3/4 grade team looking for players the team my son made is not putting out a team due to lack of commitment looking to stay in nassau county if possible Thanks

try contacting the Jesters, they often have spots available and are an inexpensive well run organization, my son joined a Jester team in mid season a few years ago and has been thrilled

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you cant compare an organization like 91 to dune dogs!#1 really, it was an off season winter game! team 91 is an established lacrosse organization with many prior pro and college players/coaches! the dune dogs sell themselves with having 1 college coach(who is great), but it is not realistic to coach a whole program!please stop the comparison! but good luck with your program during its 1st year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stand corrected my friend- Dune DAWGS have been around for 3 years before merging with Havoc this past offseason. The orginal DUNE DAWGS were coached by parents who loved the game of lacrosse. So we are being coached by a college coach big deal- its all about the kids and the right coaching. Coaches shouldnt being yelling at kids for not winning or losing, or taking kids out. Even Professional coaches lose all the time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out fl$ Lite too. The 3/4 is something new but a quality organization with very good teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can not compare your program to 91! when you pay your 1st tuition payment for 91, you dont get a surprise email after informing you that you have to pay extra for practices! now that sounds real fair and "all about the kids".It sounds more like every other travel program that you have to pay for! good luck with your travel program!And by the way, any realistic coach knows you cant win them all!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no comparision to the two teams. They are 2 totally different organiztions- just like every other lacrosse program out there- you choose who you would like to represent and who has the love of the game and who will let your kid play the most

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You can not compare your program to 91! when you pay your 1st tuition payment for 91, you dont get a surprise email after informing you that you have to pay extra for practices! now that sounds real fair and "all about the kids".It sounds more like every other travel program that you have to pay for! good luck with your travel program!And by the way, any realistic coach knows you cant win them all!

Show me one post where we are trying to compare the DD's to 91. At this point, stop the pissing on other programs and worry about your son's team. Continue to practice and hopefully there will be competitive games during the season!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will see when the real season hits and all your players go to their full time teams who they are more committed to! Enjoy your important wins on the off season! And make sure you check which team your players are playing for when you commit to summer tounaments!How are you going to explain to the other parents on your team on how you are scheduling your tournaments around certain players schedules! Sounds like a legit organization!good luck!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Once again, no one is gloating about winning in the offseason. If you want to get into that we can. Dune Dawgs last summer 20-0 in the tournaments. Playing the tournaments that most of you played in. Now regarding scheduling, I have no control nor input because I'm only a parent in the organization, but if it were me, I would be in Maryland every chance I could get. True competitors will only want to play the best. You guys can go to your LaxFest, Hofstra B/G, etc.... I would rather plays Loonies, Annapolis Hawks, Zingos, Greene Turtles, Prime-Time, , NOVU, Yorktown, Cross River.... Teams we haven't seen or beat yet. It doesn't make sense to keep seeing the same Long Island teams every week.... It gets boring!!!!! Must be boring for you guys as well! This is not personal, it's about making the boys better. I do commend Express for getting involved in the NYPLL... You probably aren't familiar with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
once again avoiding the facts! Are those the tournaments your star players are playing with their more committed #1 teams? there is plenty of talent and tournaments on L.I.(town or travel) But you cant participate in those because your star players are playing with their #1 committed teams.How do you explain to the parents why you are not participating in the local tournaments? Do you think that is really fair to avoid certain tournaments because there is a possibility of a conflict that your team will play another team that your players play for?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It's funny but I can actually understand all that, weird, and you are correct, conflicts......that is why if you commit to playing for a team, that team should be your number one priority. Some people/players want it all, thinking there is always a better opportunity. Yes, as a parent, I would be embarrassed if my opposition was the team that I ditched. Loyalty, honesty, morals, values, good sportsmanship, isn't this what we are trying to teach these young men.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you would hope so! its really unfair to the rest of the kids and their families! pathetic!A true team is one that is loyal and committed to each other! Its real SAD!and unfair to the kids!!I cant believe they (coaches)allow this!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Agreed, a true team player it seems is hard to come by these days!!!! See you out on the field my friend.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
once again avoiding the facts! Are those the tournaments your star players are playing with their more committed #1 teams? there is plenty of talent and tournaments on L.I.(town or travel) But you cant participate in those because your star players are playing with their #1 committed teams.How do you explain to the parents why you are not participating in the local tournaments? Do you think that is really fair to avoid certain tournaments because there is a possibility of a conflict that your team will play another team that your players play for?

I'm not avoiding anything. It goes back to been there and done that... One local tournament a year is good. Big picture is, you want to see the best everywhere. If you continue to play the same local teams is it helping both teams, or the one that is not as good? I guess we will continue to disagree on this point. Notice, my point is about the "team" and not as you put it, "star players". As I said, focus on your son's team, I'm quite sure our directors would love to scrimmage you!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in 5th grade people were tellng me my kid is a can't miss off the charts middie. guess what he is the same size in 7th grade and pkaying goalie. calm dowm and enjoy it year to year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents who have children with a true passion for lacrosse often find it hard to get them enough good lacrosse to play. How is it anyone's business? My son has played on multiple teams during a travel season. One of the teams was always his first team, and the other team knew from the start that when a conflict arose, he would be playing with his first team. I have seen the Dune Dawgs play, and can say one thing for certain, they are a strong team loaded with talent. A player or two does not make or brake a team. As a team I would hope the coaches/organization find the players the very best competition to play against, it's not about playing the same old teams beating them over and over just so you can gloat, it's about building skills for the players and raising their game. After all..isn't this about the players not the coaches or parents egos?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are right! the more the better and especially if the child really enjoys it! but unfortunately there are parents out there that allow their child to play down to get extra lacrosse!i really dont see any positive impact this can have? it only holds back their child and really doesnt challenge them! it is also hurtful to the other children they play, especially those just starting out.I'm just an over concerned mom who wants whats best for all the kids, because thats what they are 'KIDS' smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I THINK THE HAVOC DUNE DOGS ARE THE BIGGEST JOKE OUT THERE. TOTALLY UNORGANIZED AND CLEARLY THE ENTIRE PROGRAM IS CATERED TOWARD "THE SPECIAL 5TH GRADE TEAM". WHAT A JOKE. AND THE LOGO SUCKS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I THINK THE HAVOC DUNE DOGS ARE THE BIGGEST JOKE OUT THERE. TOTALLY UNORGANIZED AND CLEARLY THE ENTIRE PROGRAM IS CATERED TOWARD "THE SPECIAL 5TH GRADE TEAM". WHAT A JOKE. AND THE LOGO SUCKS.

Please don't hold back, tell us you really feel.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Everyone has a right to their opinion. Like they say, we all have them, amongst other things....:) As for your other comments, if so organized, I already have my tournament schedule and practice times for each week during the summer. Do you have that from your son's team? As for catering, once again, I suggest you attend the clinics. All teams going throughout the day on Saturdays.... Your comment regarding the logo clearly shows your maturity. I WOULD HOPE YOU ARE A KID, BECAUSE IT WOULD BE A SHAME FOR A PARENT TO ACT THIS WAY...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really, If the organization is so unorganized why do we have our summer schedule already and when we practice. I guess your a little jealous and fearful of our SPECIAL 5TH GRADE TEAM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whateva you are jealous of the team and sorry your not part of it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dune dogs will fold once the parents see that you arranged your schedule and cater around 2 players who play for a more legit organization that doesn't charge for practices! How can you do this to the players and parents? False statement you ask?? Compare 91 to Dune dogs schedule??hmmm not doing the same tournaments?? Thats funny..

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Dune dogs will fold once the parents see that you arranged your schedule and cater around 2 players who play for a more legit organization that doesn't charge for practices! How can you do this to the players and parents? False statement you ask?? Compare 91 to Dune dogs schedule??hmmm not doing the same tournaments?? Thats funny..

You can only hope! Maybe the team that you are associated with will then have a chance. The Dune Dawgs played local last year besides Vermont. They played in Rockstar this winter. Does it make sense to then play in local tourneys to see the same teams again? It's not funny, it's about challenging the kids. I've said once before, have your director call our director and schedule a scrimmage if this is such a problem for you. Good luck on your season!

As for saying one organization is more legit than another, people probably felt the same way when 91 was started. Several years later, they are deemed legit. Same thing will happen here. There is room for everyone here. As for a charge for practices, what facility is going to be available fo rfree during the winter? Believe me, another organization does the same thing. You must be new to the Long Island lacrosse scene.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still avoiding the facts about how you schedule your tournaments around other organizations!! lol, your program will never compare to 91! good luck in your season as well!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly, most of you posting stuff about this organization are uninformed or just broken hearted.

I especially love the comments about scheduling for 2 players and the references to 91 as if they were the foundation of that organization- wow where would 91 be with out them.

Oh - I know - they would be Express

Anyone posting that has no clue what they are talking about.

Its youth lacrosse - get a grip and enjoy your summer!

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Replayed from the Shamrock Shootout Tournament Thread - Placing Discussion in the Age Group Thread

DUNE DAWGS are here to stay!!!!!!! Our 2019 team won the championship over 91 orange!!! It was a well played game by both sides but the DUNE DAWGS came out on TOP!! When you put the kids 1st with excellent coaching, this is the result!! We don't strive to be the BIGGEST travel team out there, just 1 that keeps the kids 1ST!!!!!! CONGRATS TO DUNE DAWGS 2019 and here's to a great season!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does tis age group really need a thread? What a waste of time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes and what about the 2021 teams, how can we leave them out?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Does tis age group really need a thread?
Yes, the age group needs a thread on its own as the discussion of these teams started some time back and information was leaking into other age group threads.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Yes and what about the 2021 teams, how can we leave them out?
If there is demand, we will include this age group on its own thread. Remember that there are organized tournaments for the 2021 (U/9) age groups right here on Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are the stronger 2019 teams. not neccesary to rank them just who seems to have the early edge.

town then travel

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are the stronger 2020 teams. not neccesary to rank them just who seems to have the early edge.

town then travel

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Ranking
1. Dune Dawgs
2. Express Orange
3. 91 Orange
4. Gladiators
5. True Blue
6. Outlaws

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No need for ranking - How about the towns?

If you have a pulse on Travel you should have a pulse on Town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a prior post noted on one of these blogs.

Local Colleges withcommunity affairs - with no affiliation to Express, 91, Gladiators etc. (sorry SB or Hofstra no affiliations)

Please set up a tourny (or 2) and reap the benefits of the profits so noone can say one is squewing the schedule. This way we find out who is best of class!

I am sure all of your schedules have space for this!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have any of these teams played each other to know why it is ranked this way.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Stampede had a scrimmage with Jesters this evening. Jesters are a great team and look forward to seeing them play during the summer tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on with Dune Dawgs?

I am only asking these questions because there are some boys in my town interested in playing. These are boys/parents that did not understand the "urgency" of trying out back in Sept, and i want to help the parents (my friends) because I have been asked what they should do.

As i am sure i will get the good, the bad, the ugly, but that is ok. Brign it on. I'd rather that than the Roses id be given by organizers (and I understadn that).

Do they have a make up try out this Sunday or are they just looking for a middie.

Or both

they are looking for a middie for their "A" team (is that blue or green)

and the try out is for the "B" team (is that blue or green)

Also a post (on the tryout blog) stated they never planned on playing spring, yet they won Shamrock. Were they a late entry to that or was it planned?

I lso hear there are boys who played for DD in the winter and play on other teams in the spring summer. That being the case, if they wanted to play a game or two in Spring/summer (if their teams are not playing) will they take minutes away from these new boys.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What is going on with Dune Dawgs?

I am only asking these questions because there are some boys in my town interested in playing. These are boys/parents that did not understand the "urgency" of trying out back in Sept, and i want to help the parents (my friends) because I have been asked what they should do.

As i am sure i will get the good, the bad, the ugly, but that is ok. Brign it on. I'd rather that than the Roses id be given by organizers (and I understadn that).

Do they have a make up try out this Sunday or are they just looking for a middie.

Or both

they are looking for a middie for their "A" team (is that blue or green)

and the try out is for the "B" team (is that blue or green)

Also a post (on the tryout blog) stated they never planned on playing spring, yet they won Shamrock. Were they a late entry to that or was it planned?

I lso hear there are boys who played for DD in the winter and play on other teams in the spring summer. That being the case, if they wanted to play a game or two in Spring/summer (if their teams are not playing) will they take minutes away from these new boys.

Dune Dawgs merged with Havoc to try and reach more kids. My son is not part of their organization but has played with a few of the kids from the 5th grade Dune Dawgs in previous winter sessions at Sports Arena as well as some clinics. These are a good group of kids and parents, and I can only see this organization getting better.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard