BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Junior Lizards - anyone have info on their 3rd grade team?
rmjboys Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I recently recieved an email that tryouts are next week 11/12 for their 3rd grade team. This would be my first go round with my son, however their website has limited information about the team, coaches, tournments, etc. Anyone play for them in the past and have any feedback?

Thanks,

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Junior Lizards - anyone have info on their 3rd grade team?
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My friends son played with them last year. It was a disaster. Coaches not showing up for games and no communication at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I have heard..the jr lizards are an organization on their last leg and about to fall. Not verified but that's the rumor. I also heard they cancelled original tryout date due to complete lack of interest.

rmjboys Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Yeah - I tried to get more information and was only emailed come on down Sunday - cost is $1350 and you get 4 tournaments, 10 practices and a coach. I know a few All American Lacrosse Players, Syracuse that played for them back in the mid-90s, who I know didn't spend this type of money on teams. Can anyone honestly tell me it is really worth it for 8 and 9 years who are developing skills where really good camps can't provide. Are we not hindering the sport by not making it more assessable do to cost and now big business?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The law of supply and demand runs deep.

At that age stick skills and fundamentals of the game are most important. Your son will not learn that by being on a 3rd grade travel team. Best to invest in clinics and maybe a few one on one lessons. Best of luck and enjoy your kids growth in the game as he grows.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
This organization is one of the worst i have dealt with signed up for try out showed up with several others and no one from there organiztion showed up , NO EMAIL till 4 hours later saying it was postponed till febuary. TERRIBLE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dont know where you are from but one of the lacrosse coaches at St. Johns University is probably one of the most dedicated and most responsible people i have seen run camps and clinics..look him up, Dan Paccione...From start to finish your son or daughter will get a complete workout and understanding of the game..Think he is from Long Island..

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Just a quick question has anyone heard anything further about this team unfortunately the team my son made cancelled there 3/4 grade team and all the other teams are full looking at the jesters also

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by lidolfan
Just a quick question has anyone heard anything further about this team unfortunately the team my son made cancelled there 3/4 grade team and all the other teams are full looking at the jesters also
There are several clubs that we handle here on the BOTC Tryouts Forum that will still be looking for 4th grade players. If you need assistance, please e-mail or private message us and we will get your family hooked up with one of our partner organizations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by lidolfan

Contact Havoc Dune Dawgs Lacrosse. Havocdunedawgs@gmail.com they should have a team for your son.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Still waiting to get my $50.00 back .......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by FSLAX22

Sure am glad I waited until the day of the cancelled tryout to pay the fee

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by FSLAX22
We know that Jim Mule resigned from the organization, but according to the Lizards web site, Joe Spallina is still involved. Why not contact him at the Lizards web site, Rocky Point schools, and Stony Brook? He can help get you sorted, no?

Link Copied to Clipboard