BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,518
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 117 of 220 1 2 115 116 117 118 119 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes if your an M&D parent then your daughter,s team is the best but certainly the list of elite teams is subjective. Is there 1 elite team ? two ? five ? as far as championships very hard to tell as the only tournaments all the best teams are together are showcases

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
IT depends how you define elite. some of their age groups are top 5. example 2016 black 1-0 yj blue, 1-1 hero's,2-1 skywalkers blue, 0-1 M&D black, this past summer.

That's just shows you are not elite, your 2016 has never won a competitive tournament , you beat a combined YJ team at a showcase tournament when high school teams were still in playoffs . Your record against YJ blue at 2016 ion championship format is 0- however many times you have played. This is an MD parent and your teams are not cannot be compared. I still believe we are better than YH 2016 but will say the teams are very very close, you are not.

Hey Larry Miller, there are many posts here on the main forum from people claiming to be MD parents. Can you get a thread going for M&D, Skywalkers etc on this thread? I know you have a MD lax section thread but all the talk and action is on the botc main forum.

the MD poster is talking about a TG team and replying to a comment made on this forum so its seems to be in the right place even if you do not like its content.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IT depends how you define elite. some of their age groups are top 5. example 2016 black 1-0 yj blue, 1-1 hero's,2-1 skywalkers blue, 0-1 M&D black, this past summer.

That's just shows you are not elite, your 2016 has never won a competitive tournament , you beat a combined YJ team at a showcase tournament when high school teams were still in playoffs . Your record against YJ blue at 2016 ion championship format is 0- however many times you have played. This is an MD parent and your teams are not cannot be compared. I still believe we are better than YH 2016 but will say the teams are very very close, you are not.

Hey Larry Miller, there are many posts here on the main forum from people claiming to be MD parents. Can you get a thread going for M&D, Skywalkers etc on this thread? I know you have a MD lax section thread but all the talk and action is on the botc main forum.

the MD poster is talking about a TG team and replying to a comment made on this forum so its seems to be in the right place even if you do not like its content.

I am fine with any content and welcome all on any thread. Thinking that the original M&D, Skywalker, etc thread headings were set up by cagesage under the wrong folder or heading. Nearly all discussions and thread headings are listed under main forum. There is a heading "Maryland lacrosse" I think. But it is never used or visited. The MD people are all over the TG and YJ threads, give them their own thread under the same "main forum" that all the rest of the teams are under.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Anybody who REGISTERS can start a thread. If MD or SW or YOU want a MD thread, register and start one! It's free! It's not traceable back to your real life identity. What's stopping you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top guns just ran a 4 day camp and cancelled one day because of weather. Understandable. Didn't offer a make up. How's that possible? Charge for a 4 day camp and only provide 3 days. Theft!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top guns just ran a 4 day camp and cancelled one day because of weather. Understandable. Didn't offer a make up. How's that possible? Charge for a 4 day camp and only provide 3 days. Theft!!

Happens all the time. Camps and clinics are sometimes weather permitting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where were all the TG people at team BBQ yesterday, not a good turnout, very disappointing. Jump ship ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one ever goes to TG BBQ , say what you want but who wants to spend more time around BS . They may be crazy but most YJ parents seem to actually enjoy being around CR.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one ever goes to TG BBQ , say what you want but who wants to spend more time around BS . They may be crazy but most YJ parents seem to actually enjoy being around CR.

The TG BBQ Is only attended by the younger age groups. Anyone with HS age kids that play sports knows that this week and next are the only two weeks in the summer that you can schedule a family vacation without conflicting with HS sports . Also next week is tryouts so really aug 10-22 was your only shot at getting out of town for most families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The TG BBQ Is only attended by the younger age groups. Anyone with HS age kids that play sports knows that this week and next are the only two weeks in the summer that you can schedule a family vacation without conflicting with HS sports . Also next week is tryouts so really aug 10-22 was your only shot at getting out of town for most families.

True but not even the younger girls were there. Of course the brown nosers and those who are worried their kid will be cut (and they should be) but it was really bad. I was there to pick up as somebody else took my little one, I too am curious if this is the writing on the wall. Hearing the 17& 18 girls are not happy with the large rosters..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you cancel a day and not offer a make up or refund? That's like stealing 1/4 of the money!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most YJ parents like being around CR? LOL the butt kissers and kool aide drinkers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah right! The YJ parents I know are either intimidated by, or afraid of CR, and so are their kids!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah right! The YJ parents I know are either intimidated by, or afraid of CR, and so are their kids!

Afraid?! Seriously?! She's honest about the kind of athlete your kid is but there is no reason to be afraid of her. That's ridiculous. The YJ luau is a blast and well attended

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where were all the TG people at team BBQ yesterday, not a good turnout, very disappointing. Jump ship ?
m

It's not that type of club. Not a real club/team environment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
m

It's not that type of club. Not a real club/team environment.

That's not true, we have been with Top Guns 2 years now, and my daughter had a nice experience both years, as well as her parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you cancel a day and not offer a make up or refund? That's like stealing 1/4 of the money!!!

The organization may have to pay for the field for the full four days. Sometimes, if possible, camp directors will add an hour or two to another day when one day needs to be cancelled to make up for some of the wasted time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they are... You are correct however good programs do the honorary thing. Because they want the kids to get the most out of these camps and clinics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am taking my kid to sport hub this week. There is a 4 day clinic starting today. Pretty sure that can't get rained out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ program clearly states for the Hornets that they do not control the weather and allow one makeup for weather. If it rains twice or after the makeup date has passed your out of luck and the cost is $375. Ouch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the camp otherwise?? was it worth the money?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am taking my kid to sport hub this week. There is a 4 day clinic starting today. Pretty sure that can't get rained out.

You won't get rained out but you did pay $325 for 4 days when Top Guns 4 day camp was $175. I think it still works out money-wise in favor of the Top Guns camp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You won't get rained out but you did pay $325 for 4 days when Top Guns 4 day camp was $175. I think it still works out money-wise in favor of the Top Guns camp.

I don't think the money is the issue. Just the fact the they didn't offer what they advertised.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well run, good instruction, good turnout and the kids got time to scrimmage each day as well. For $175 well worth it. The rainout thing sucked, but it was a storm that left the entire field under water, out of their control. If that happens in a lacrosse tournament they also will cancel games with no refund. I've been to tours where lightning threatened and half the scheduled games were cancelled. After all that travel plus entry, to only play 1/2 your games, that is way worse.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Well run, good instruction, good turnout and the kids got time to scrimmage each day as well. For $175 well worth it. The rainout thing sucked, but it was a storm that left the entire field under water, out of their control. If that happens in a lacrosse tournament they also will cancel games with no refund. I've been to tours where lightning threatened and half the scheduled games were cancelled. After all that travel plus entry, to only play 1/2 your games, that is way worse.

Same. More than once. And after it's too late to cancel your hotel room. Them's the breaks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that your famous 2020 black team has lost its superstar coach? Trouble in paradise!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did go??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Same. More than once. And after it's too late to cancel your hotel room. Them's the breaks.

Exactly...this is another non-story, being hyped up for no reason!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG parent, took my 2021 to the clinic at Sportshub yesterday and it was very good. Saw a couple of other TG parents there as well. If anyone is looking to do something in the late afternoon the next few days, my daughter had a great time. I know it is not run by TG but just wanted to share.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did go??

Starting up his own thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did go??

Another person tired of seeing all of these club owners transport their money in brinks trucks. The American way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did go??

Another person tired of seeing all of these club owners transport their money in brinks trucks. The American way

So now he wants his own brinks truck, good luck but doubt any TG will follow him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First and foremost, I am in no way connected with TG or YJ. However, I must say that if this is indeed true and is referring to SL, it is a huge loss for TG. I had the pleasure of playing for him many years ago at West Babylon when he a coach at the boys program there. He is one of the best coaches I have ever played for. Head and shoulders above the rest, inclusive of the D1 coach I played for in college. If he is starting his “own thing” I’m certain that players will follow him and he will draw top talent from other programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did go??

So now he wants his own brinks truck, good luck but doubt any TG will follow him.

He doesn't need anyone to follow him. He just needs 25 kids per age. Everyone's money is the same color. There are a lot of weak players that keep paying poor clubs for lousy lacrosse. LI crazies will pay for anything!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that your famous 2020 black team has lost its superstar coach? Trouble in paradise!

and the irony...Right after someone posts about SL leaving, the 2020 team, even before there can be a response there is an advertisement for Legacy tryouts. WOW. Coincidence

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and the irony...Right after someone posts about SL leaving, the 2020 team, even before there can be a response there is an advertisement for Legacy tryouts. WOW. Coincidence

there is a rotating sponsor there but it was funny to see

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First and foremost, I am in no way connected with TG or YJ. However, I must say that if this is indeed true and is referring to SL, it is a huge loss for TG. I had the pleasure of playing for him many years ago at West Babylon when he a coach at the boys program there. He is one of the best coaches I have ever played for. Head and shoulders above the rest, inclusive of the D1 coach I played for in college. If he is starting his “own thing” I’m certain that players will follow him and he will draw top talent from other programs.

Anyone know the name and or age groups of this startup? Sounds good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well, many of us know he had a girl on the 2020 Black team so start there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

there is a rotating sponsor there but it was funny to see

I thought Legacy only had a boys program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds good? No it doesn't. It certainly is not a option to follow the coach, see how strong his team is next year. He can put together a decent team but will never draw enough talent to beat any significant teams. 2 options- stay at TG or jump to YJ. The 2020 team is so strong because of the talent on the team, was he a good coach? Yes, but he didn't need to do a darn thing except rotate kids. Just like many TG and YJ coaches. The kids on that team play and train hard year round, not under SL, that is the reason they are so strong. Good luck to him, its tough to get new clubs going, even tougher to get dysfunctional clubs turned around.

Like Reply Quote
Page 117 of 220 1 2 115 116 117 118 119 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard