BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 144 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As with any team some are happy and some are not.The Express program was very clear about saying the team your son made is a summer travel team.There is additional training sessions,practices,tournaments,winter leagues available to all at additional cost. Which is necessarry and expected to pay fees for fields and entry registration fees. If you are not happy contact a director all info is on the website and they will help you. My child is on a orange team and we get the same amount of practices right now as everyone else. We do have other things available to do just like you at additional cost. We even have 91 players paying to come to Express training sessions because it is avialble to anyone that is interested in learning and training. So to those that want it there is more than enough available just ask...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can anybody explain NPYLL- Express is playing in? are all games in Balt.? is there going to be a northern Div.?

thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
saw a tweet last night on 91's twitter. It was promoting the success of one of their COACHES in NLL! I also follow Express twitter (my kid is Exp player) where their twitter constantly promotes their PLAYER accomplishments. BIG difference in the mindset of the two clubs in the statement I just typed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching ALWAYS ALWAYS matters, Funny thing is your following them. 91 has only been around 3-4 years so of course they wont have as many older player accomplishments. duhh. Remember who ever is coaching your kid is all that matters. As someone whos kids are long through this process. If your happy stay happy. I always wanted quality people coaching my boys. People who can show them and tell them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Coaching ALWAYS ALWAYS matters, Funny thing is your following them. 91 has only been around 3-4 years so of course they wont have as many older player accomplishments. duhh. Remember who ever is coaching your kid is all that matters. As someone whos kids are long through this process. If your happy stay happy. I always wanted quality people coaching my boys. People who can show them and tell them.

why is it funny I follow 91 on twitter? We are very happy with our kids with Express. So why is whom i choose to follow on twitter funny?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why is it funny I follow 91 on twitter? We are very happy with our kids with Express. So why is whom i choose to follow on twitter funny?

I gueess you missed all the other tweets tehn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the Piranhas?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
saw a tweet last night on 91's twitter. It was promoting the success of one of their COACHES in NLL! I also follow Express twitter (my kid is Exp player) where their twitter constantly promotes their PLAYER accomplishments. BIG difference in the mindset of the two clubs in the statement I just typed.

Don't have a child on either team, but have no problem with this at all. You want your kids to be successful and your coaches to be accomplished as well.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Who are the Piranhas?

They are one of the 2017 Express Orange Teams (Korwin)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LAXER DAD
Who are the Piranhas?

Thanks. I guess the express teams all have nicknames these days.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are the white team. turtles are orange. Coach mac is blue team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can anybody explain NPYLL- Express is playing in? are all games in Balt.? is there going to be a northern Div.?

thanks

I would guess Express cut a deal with them where they can play 2 or 3 games in a day so they are only making a few trips a year vs. a trip every weekend. You can find the NPYLL on the web if you need more info about the league.

They seem to have a few good teams there along with the not so good teams. Just like any other league. Don't know the reasoning behind it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the Piranhas?

Korwins team is the piranhas...NOT orange team. McManus team is Orange team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Who are the Piranhas?

Korwins team is the piranhas...NOT orange team. McManus team is Orange team.

Both teams are orange, check the website under tournament winners. Both teams are the "a" teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that makes every one feel better, they are both orange. The turtles are white.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO you have absolutely NO clue on what your talking about.

The Turtles are the Turtles, they are NOT the Orange team.

McManus team is the Orange Team, NOT the blue team.

Korwans team was added as another A level team, so they are far from a white team

Do some research before you post your nonsense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO you have absolutely NO clue on what your talking about.

The Turtles are the Turtles, they are NOT the Orange team.

McManus team is the Orange Team, NOT the blue team.

Korwans team was added as another A level team, so they are far from a white team

Do some research before you post your nonsense

Thanks for correcting that knucklehead! Clueless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
three teams at the same age group and they are AA teams? Turtles beat mcmanus and corwin every time. if they were all the same level, whatever you want to call it, they would each take turns winning. and if mcmanus or corwin manage to recruit a really good player then the turtles will poach him.

ps please dont forget to buy your new helmets and gloves this yr

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Removed References
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 Turtles (Express)- (AA) team, we (those that are familiar with local 2017) all know this and accept them as a high performing group of kids through, at least, this year.

2017 Express McManus and Korwan (not corwin)- (A) teams, I will speak to what I know, and the potential is there to do well, time will tell as there are many new players. They almost never play Turtles. Korwan has never played Turtles (fact). Many kids that play for a team actually elect to play for that specific team.

2017 Express Crimson- (B)team

Boys and men are no different, they all like new toys. Like an adult never wanted a new driver to hit the ball straight. Let the kids get whatever they want if it makes THEM happy.

All clear??

three teams at the same age group and they are AA teams? Turtles beat mcmanus and corwin every time. if they were all the same level, whatever you want to call it, they would each take turns winning. and if mcmanus or corwin manage to recruit a really good player then the turtles will poach him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another rather silly post

Everyone that has a kid playing at the 2017 age group knows the Turtles are in a league of their own, Noone on this board has stated that either McManus or Korwans teams can compete with the turtles at this point.

Korwans team is a new group of very talented kids who will be playing at the A level this spring and summer. I can tell you that they will definitely be a tough out for anyone at the A level.

McManus has a solid , talented group as well.

McManus and Korwan have A level teams, case closed. The Turtles are in a whole different stratosphere, but don't think for a second that doesn't come with a price.

As far as helmets and gloves. Who really cares?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Very good and accurate assessment

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Happened when MacManus played the Turtles last year, I heard one of the games was close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Happened when MacManus played the Turtles last year, I heard one of the games was close.

I wasnt there but heard that McManus played them in the finals of a tourney last year..Shut down their top scorers. It was a real good game from what I heard. Its tough for mcmanus or Korwin, they get the best players taken by you know who..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sadly enough this is very true, and a blind eye is turned to this, my sons team has had friends taken. It is bad enough people from other clubs doing this but in our own backyard??!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that Team still in place, maybe they got better.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I wasnt there but heard that McManus played them in the finals of a tourney last year..Shut down their top scorers. It was a real good game from what I heard. Its tough for mcmanus or Korwin, they get the best players taken by you know who..

The game was a semifinal at Summer Sizzle. Score was 5-2 with 10 seconds left after a rediculous call by stripes. Final score was 5-3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Turtles didn't take ANYONE from McManus this year! Not one player.
2-Turtles didn't take ANYONE from Korwin this year! Not one player
(so your "best players get taken by you know who" comment is wrong)
3-McManus has half of a brand new team but did get a few 91 Orange players that are on that team now and several other good players from other teams.
4-Big losses for McManus is a very good F/O guy (went to a different club) and lost goalie. Attack & Defense (with new additions) is extremely solid. Still has two of his top middies and picked up two other big fast middies. So not really sure why they aren't winning.
5-The "lets blame the Turtles" line is such BS, coach the kids up & worry about whats going on in your OWN yard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was there it was 5-2 in a 30 minute running time game. it was 5-1 and they scored with 10 seconds left. I think McManus' team scored the first goal of the game also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who True Blue? how many guys left Mcmanus last year...let's face the facts, players aren't getting taken they are leaving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are referring to the term "poaching" its simply ridiculous...every team is looking for the best players. There are no rules here unless you would like to make them up and post them on the site for all to agree. Every parent has the opportunity to say yes or no to any offer made to them about where there son may play. No one forces any parent or player to play on a team it is an offer that is entended either after a tryout or when an opening happens. Its a free country and as far as I know no club has a policy that allows them the move players without there consent. So enough with poaching, generally speaking most people leave the team they were on for a better opportunity just like you would do with your job or any other chance to better yourself or your family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm pretty sure every club team tries to have a AA team and a few other teams that boys should be able to move up to fluidly as they get better. Which by the way it is communicated clearly to all involved. People should be thrilled for boys that earn the right to make a better team. It will happen more and more as they get older, embrace their success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not every club has AA and A ect. fl$ has one team per grade and that is how they choose to do it and it seems to work for them, Express has 3-4 per grade and that seems to work for them - as for the poaching, my son left an organization that we were very happy with because he wanted to tryout for a better team and play against better competition - He made the top team in his age group and we decided to let him try it even thought it was a lot more money and time commitment - I am sure people from his old team would consider that poaching but we were never approached by anyone asking us to come to the express - this was something my son wanted on his own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You seem a little sensitive about the topic????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles in Another stratosphere?? Wow !! I will gen-u-flect the next time i am in their presence. 91 with their "big middies" will beat them this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles in Another stratosphere?? Wow !! I will gen-u-flect the next time i am in their presence. 91 with their "big middies" will beat them this year.

blahhhh...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 added ONE let me repeat that ONE new big middie. Turtles have nothing to worry about in their age group. 91 should worry about the other teams like True Blue and the 2 Express groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You seem to be very accurate and educated on this situation. I think most of these people are referring to Kids leaving in prior years. The Turtles work harder than any other Team. When another Team dedicates the time to practice and train like the Turtles do, they will see some of the same results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents should not write checks that their kids can't cash, its not fair to the kids that generally respect and enjoy one another to create this type of challenges and animosity. I have never seen a 91 kid and Express kid or whoever show any ill will toward each other...only the parents do that.

Parents should stay out of it and let the kids play and enjoy the game without creating this atmosphere of hate.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Have to disagree, a "Hills" player said some disparaging remarks to my son just last summer. A big reason why our son does not want to be a part of "91." But you are correct about one thing, this player must of heard parents complaining, it was what he it taught and heard. Parents are a big problem in any organization, especially the HILLS parents. The kid never appologized for his cruel words, but his father and the coaches did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Laxinator
Have to disagree, a "Hills" player said some disparaging remarks to my son just last summer. A big reason why our son does not want to be a part of "91." But you are correct about one thing, this player must of heard parents complaining, it was what he it taught and heard. Parents are a big problem in any organization, especially the HILLS parents. The kid never appologized for his cruel words, but his father and the coaches did.

I don't think it's fair to have the words of one person taint your opinion of the 91 organization or Hills parents/player. However, I do understand that it is human nature.

My son has played with and against many Hills players over the last few years, he hasn't found one yet he didn't like. I can say the same for the parents.

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 144 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard