BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Air travel and lacrosse gear
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It looks like I'll be flying to two tournaments this summer and I'm seeking advice from those who've done this.

Usually I've got a trunk full of lacrosse gear, chairs, tents, and coolers which I can't be dragging behind me on an airplane. Right?

Do I just go to a Walmart and get a cheap chair and styrofoam cooler to be discarded when I leave or what? A collapsible cooler? I had one once and it leaked; I also don't think it offered the greatest insulation which, given the southern venues, I'm sure will be important.

What's the best way to fly with sticks? I really hesitate to check them in the soft-sided cases we already own. I've seen what the airlines have done to my hard-sided luggage and it's not pretty. The airline sites are pretty clear that the sticks must be checked, too, and can't be carried on.

Any travel tips from the experienced will be appreciated...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Air travel and lacrosse gear
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
last time i traveled with my daughter she checked one stick in her stick bag and took her back up stick and detached the head and layed it in the bottom of her luggage bag that she also checked. both sticks made the trip fine without any breaks. if you do decide to pack the stick dont forget to bring a screwdriver!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
here are some tips from an ex airline employee.
Bring with you as little as possible, forget the chairs and the coolers, buy cheap ones when you get to your destination as any additional items you check into the cargo bin outside of the specific carriers limit may be charged to the passenger. As for your sticks/equipment, they will arrive safely we know it is precious cargo to you, and they are experienced in handling valuable cargo.....put a fragile sticker on it and maybe wrap in plastic. Best of luck to you, safe travels

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Laxinator
here are some tips from an ex airline employee.
Bring with you as little as possible, forget the chairs and the coolers, buy cheap ones when you get to your destination as any additional items you check into the cargo bin outside of the specific carriers limit may be charged to the passenger. As for your sticks/equipment, they will arrive safely we know it is precious cargo to you, and they are experienced in handling valuable cargo.....put a fragile sticker on it and maybe wrap in plastic. Best of luck to you, safe travels
Arrived at LarryMiller with equipment bag and stick bag, the equipment was fine , because it looks like a regular duffle bag, but the stick bag , after asking an attendant 3 times where it was , and being ignored, we found it laying in a corner right behind them. so when you get to LarryMiller be careful. Most other airports were fine though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last summer traveled to Denver for a tournament the equipment bags were not a problem as a short stick fit inside, the long poles for the defensemen and goalie were an issue. One of the fathers used a ski bag and checked that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Could this be???? Lacrosse people helping other lacrosse people with good advice without arguing, bashing, or an agenda. I'm welling up with tears just thinking about it.

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard