Rosters Spot Available w/ the LI Outlaws + Legacy Lacrosse Boys & Girls Teams -> Check the Forums/Tryouts Section for More Info!

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026-6th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/19/19 10:52 AM
Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/19/19 10:45 AM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/19/19 10:44 AM
Looney's Boys Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 10/19/19 06:15 AM
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/18/19 10:38 PM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 10/18/19 05:02 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,810
Posts256,943
Members2,139
Most Online6,944
Oct 16th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: NCAA Face Off Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous] #74405
08/15/14 07:18 AM
08/15/14 07:18 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow what happens to the boys who have verbally committed to a college? will the colleges no longer give $ to fogo player?

Again verbals are just that. The NCAA does not recognize them and they are 100% non binding and every day they are being broken by both sides.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: NCAA Face Off Rule Changes [Re: LAXER DAD] #74409
08/15/14 07:46 AM
08/15/14 07:46 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be very interesting to see what happens, again I will say, NO ONE should be a FOGO before HS! Even then, it is a very risky position to play. Why not work on being a well rounded player who will have options to continue playing if the Faceoffs change

Re: NCAA Face Off Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous] #74426
08/15/14 09:05 AM
08/15/14 09:05 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps you should write the rules committee and let them know that you have seen the future and no one should be a fogo...

The rule will not pass although I have heard they very well may agree to not letting the fogo have the ball in the back of his stick for more than 5 or 10 seconds..

Re: NCAA Face Off Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous] #74428
08/15/14 09:09 AM
08/15/14 09:09 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have any proof that any school has backed off a verbal? We would all like to hear about that as it would drastically hurt the program that did it. Kids can change their minds, but coaches will damage all future recruiting efforts by doing that. Unless of course the coach conditioned the scholarship offer on grades or sat scores and the kid failed to make the grade...

Again, do you have any proof that any coach has failed to give what he verbally committed to give?

Re: NCAA Face Off Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous] #74440
08/15/14 09:36 AM
08/15/14 09:36 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have any proof that any school has backed off a verbal? We would all like to hear about that as it would drastically hurt the program that did it. Kids can change their minds, but coaches will damage all future recruiting efforts by doing that. Unless of course the coach conditioned the scholarship offer on grades or sat scores and the kid failed to make the grade...

Again, do you have any proof that any coach has failed to give what he verbally committed to give?

It's called a verbal. Do you think any college is worried about you or your kid not holding up their responsibilities?
Please...happens all the time

Sponsored Links
Re: NCAA Face Off Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous] #74443
08/15/14 09:51 AM
08/15/14 09:51 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My nephew was a stud vasity player in 9th grade and committed to a D1 program. That verbal was taken back by the coach 2 yrs later when my nephews game didn't progress at all. He basically peaked in 9th grade. This is just 1 example I personally know of 3 others all for various reasons.

Re: NCAA Face Off Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous] #74453
08/15/14 10:10 AM
08/15/14 10:10 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My nephew was a stud vasity player in 9th grade and committed to a D1 program. That verbal was taken back by the coach 2 yrs later when my nephews game didn't progress at all. He basically peaked in 9th grade. This is just 1 example I personally know of 3 others all for various reasons.

Schools break the verbal agreement all the time. Wake up. it really mans nothing until you sign

Re: NCAA Face Off Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous] #74497
08/15/14 11:48 AM
08/15/14 11:48 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would help if you guys that have seen this share the name of the school and the coaches name. No reason to spend time with a school if the school has a history of withdrawing offers.

Thanks for the wake up comment, but I am awake and looking for info. This is anonymous site so your sharing should not be a problem for you.

the schools we have spoken with (ND and UVA) have been very clear on the items that could make them withdraw both based on grades and SAT scores.

If the coaches are lying, I would like to know.

Re: NCAA Face Off Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous] #74503
08/15/14 12:14 PM
08/15/14 12:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would help if you guys that have seen this share the name of the school and the coaches name. No reason to spend time with a school if the school has a history of withdrawing offers.

Thanks for the wake up comment, but I am awake and looking for info. This is anonymous site so your sharing should not be a problem for you.

the schools we have spoken with (ND and UVA) have been very clear on the items that could make them withdraw both based on grades and SAT scores.

If the coaches are lying, I would like to know.

People can just throw any name out there to you now and be lying so I don't think it's fair for anyone to do so...WWhat if I told you Duke did it but I am making it up because I don't like them. That's not fair

Re: NCAA Face Off Rule Changes [Re: LAXER DAD] #74530
08/15/14 03:10 PM
08/15/14 03:10 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well my son is a wcomitted fogo and we spoke with his coach about the proposed changes. Coach felt they were unlikely to be passed or stick if they are. Says the commitment stand 100% either way. My son is not happy but feels he can adapt if necessary. Some of you that come on here saying things that are completely false because of what reason I don't know, should find a hobby.

Sponsored Links
Re: NCAA Face Off Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous] #74534
08/15/14 03:31 PM
08/15/14 03:31 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well my son is a wcomitted fogo and we spoke with his coach about the proposed changes. Coach felt they were unlikely to be passed or stick if they are. Says the commitment stand 100% either way. My son is not happy but feels he can adapt if necessary. Some of you that come on here saying things that are completely false because of what reason I don't know, should find a hobby.

He's committed that he has the scholarship or just in writing?.People are just trying to give you a heads up. and if he leaves and a new coach comes in that he has to honor it.Think about it.

Re: NCAA Face Off Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous] #74540
08/15/14 04:06 PM
08/15/14 04:06 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It seems that most people in the sport are in favor of the changes except for the fogos understandably. Nothing is 100% until the national letter of intent is signed in your senior year. If you son has done that than yes he has nothing to worry about. That is the only thing the NCAA recognizes.

Re: NCAA Face Off Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous] #74564
08/15/14 06:33 PM
08/15/14 06:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It seems that most people in the sport are in favor of the changes except for the fogos understandably. Nothing is 100% until the national letter of intent is signed in your senior year. If you son has done that than yes he has nothing to worry about. That is the only thing the NCAA recognizes.

Define most. Most comments I read by coaches were either neutral or not in favor of the changes. The polls such as in inside lacrosse shows the majority of people polled not in favor!

Re: NCAA Face Off Rule Changes [Re: Anonymous] #74600
08/15/14 10:59 PM
08/15/14 10:59 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Define most. Most comments I read by coaches were either neutral or not in favor of the changes. The polls such as in inside lacrosse shows the majority of people polled not in favor!

These coaches that are in favor of this change are all in favor if it benefits their team, for example the Coach of St Leo a D-3 Brad Jorgensen stated the following in inside lacrosse.

Saint Leo had the highest FO% in the country last year....and I love the new rule. FOGO's will adapt once they are done complaining.

Sounds honorable but when you look into his face off guy he is not a pinch and pop player (what a surprise),so this doesn't affect his team at all! if anything it helps

All of these coaches are not concerned with "the game" they are only worried about what is best for their team, just look at Desko at Syracuse once his faceoff guy started to struggle he started his crusade against faceoffs

Re: NCAA Face Off Rule Changes [Re: LAXER DAD] #74610
08/15/14 11:21 PM
08/15/14 11:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least no one is talking about getting rid of it anymore. Here is a link to the great Lacrosse Magazine article on the last time they DID eliminate it how disappointing it was.

http://www.laxmagazine.com/college_...ment_the_lacrosse_year_without_a_faceoff

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9