BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
These early recruiting coaches will be doing a resume before the U-13 commits are shaving more than once a week. I am 45 years old, about what a college coach would be. Must be at some level humiliating for them to be doing this musical chairs for spots thing with 8th or 9th graders. Seemed like last year Dom Starsia complained about how embarrassing it is to watch 9th graders play lacrosse. No wait; that was last year. Good for kids and families to get a college opportunity. Not so good for the coaches who will be stuck with kids who may or may not develop in the next 4-5 years before they even get to college.

Recently spoke to an asst coach at a top ACC school who's program is "very concerned about their early commits". Yet it keeps on going... Absolute insane process, best of luck and congrats to the kids. They can only work within the system.

Yup- I'm sure you DID talk to asst acc coach - trying to get him to look at ur pathetic son. It's incredible the asinine things grown people say!!!!

Moron, why the personal attack??? My son is in a great spot, thanks.
Lacrosse is a small world. Think about it. I'm very sorry you have trouble with the truth. By the way, I didn't say it, THE COACH DID! Did I reveal the school? No. Did I reveal any individual recruit? NO. Did I reveal a particular grad year? NO.
It was a perfectly pertinent comment from the inside on early recruiting, something you should be thankful I shared with you.
Something you should keep in mind, when and if your son is ever lucky enough to get noticed. If he's already committed, then keep your eyes wide open.
I guess in your world it couldn't be possible that a recruit doesn't continue to develop the way a particular school would hope. Personally, I feel for the kids, way too much pressure.

What a debbie downer!! You must be be fun to be around!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
semantics people - this conversation is about 2018 kids getting recruited and committing to colleges before their first day of high school not college rankings - there are doctors and lawyers coming out of a lot of schools and there "bartenders" coming out of ivy's.

My son played against mad lax and said kid was the best player he saw in the grade this year - I think it is even more impressive that he apparently is the same age as most rising freshman and not a "hold back"

my son will go to a few prospect days and tournaments this fall and play in the spring and when we get a full years grades we will decide his best fit academically and lacrosse wise and hope we can find a good match.....I am concerned that we night be missing out on something but this is what we are planning on doing, I am very interested in what others plan on doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The name of the madlax kid was released - he is not a reclass as he was on the U13 madlax team that went to [lacrosse]'s

Congrats to him and his family - JHU is a great school

Glad he is not older

Why?

He's not a U13 player. But regardless, why would you care? If it works for him and his family, more power to them.

so, basically you are try to say that a U13 [which by the way is 7/8 grade] got a commit from JHU. Must be one heck of a player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not mean to offend Suny schools or Penn state or Duke for that matter.

All are great, I went to Suny (not even one of the top four) yet post grad work is really what got me where I am-which is a pretty good place.

My point was simple, how can a kid go wrong committing to one of the top schools in the country that is willing to not only accept his application, but offer a 40% reduction in the cost of tuition?

If he doesn't develop they way they expect and pull the scholarship after one year--if he hates the school after one year--if he wants to study something that the school doesn't offer after one year--He or she can transfer. Lax is not a career it is a game, any kid (or parent) that thinks he will do well without post-grad degrees in today's world is sadly mistaken.

Yes, we all know someone who made it big without college, and ten years from now we will know people that made it big without post grad, but if you are playing the odds and seeing the world, more education = a better life.

If we were just talking about $, all of us would be better off sending our kids to Suffolk or Nassau for two years and then transferring...or spending all the time and money on SAT tutors rather than club dues, hotels, and food...

But my kid, wants to play lacrosse and some of the best institutions in the country are asking him to commit to their program to do just that. Where is the big risk that everyone is concerned about?

Someone please share with me the downside of this decision because I don't see it. Someone mentioned it puts too much pressure on the kid, my kid doesn't feel pressure on lax field, he feels pressure to get 100 on all his exams...

Again, my apologies if I offended anyone by incorrectly grouping schools, that was not my intention.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All are great, I went to Suny (not even one of the top four) yet post grad work is really what got me where I am-which is a pretty good place.

My point was simple, how can a kid go wrong committing to one of the top schools in the country that is willing to not only accept his application, but offer a 40% reduction in the cost of tuition?

If he doesn't develop they way they expect and pull the scholarship after one year--if he hates the school after one year--if he wants to study something that the school doesn't offer after one year--He or she can transfer. Lax is not a career it is a game, any kid (or parent) that thinks he will do well without post-grad degrees in today's world is sadly mistaken.

Yes, we all know someone who made it big without college, and ten years from now we will know people that made it big without post grad, but if you are playing the odds and seeing the world, more education = a better life.

If we were just talking about $, all of us would be better off sending our kids to Suffolk or Nassau for two years and then transferring...or spending all the time and money on SAT tutors rather than club dues, hotels, and food...

But my kid, wants to play lacrosse and some of the best institutions in the country are asking him to commit to their program to do just that. Where is the big risk that everyone is concerned about?

Someone please share with me the downside of this decision because I don't see it. Someone mentioned it puts too much pressure on the kid, my kid doesn't feel pressure on lax field, he feels pressure to get 100 on all his exams...

Again, my apologies if I offended anyone by incorrectly grouping schools, that was not my intention.

There is no downside as far as I'm concerned. I think it is about the right fit and financial situation. Most of the people on here complaining are doing so because they have not gotten any offers. My son is committed to a great school and program. He will be a Jr. this year but committed early last summer. It has actually made him more focused, and he works harder in school knowing the criteria/reputation he must meet. We did not put him into a position he couldn't handle, but where thought he would have the best experience/fit. It is a very exciting time in these boy's lives. Let them enjoy it without all the "what ifs" . There are no guarantees in life, sometimes you must seize the moment (with your eyes wide open!)

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no downside as far as I'm concerned. I think it is about the right fit and financial situation. Most of the people on here complaining are doing so because they have not gotten any offers. My son is committed to a great school and program. He will be a Jr. this year but committed early last summer. It has actually made him more focused, and he works harder in school knowing the criteria/reputation he must meet. We did not put him into a position he couldn't handle, but where thought he would have the best experience/fit. It is a very exciting time in these boy's lives. Let them enjoy it without all the "what ifs" . There are no guarantees in life, sometimes you must seize the moment (with your eyes wide open!)

You guys are pretty spot on. As the dad of a true 2017 who committed to a top school (a number b/w 1 and 10; not 1'or 10 but somewhere in the middle 2/5th's for those about to attack) we've been through all of what is now going on in the 2018 thread.

I would state to all 2018 parents.....relax....if the kid is good enough he will be noticed with in the next 2-3 years. We took the early commit as many offers came and the kid has a good head on his shoulders and was able to articulate why it was ok to commit now instead of in 2-3 years. It certainly takes some pressure off, but his goals are purely academically inclined and chose the school that offers him the disciplines he was interested in. We know his interests will prob change and that is why a broad spectrum university was chosen such that he could take different paths as his future unfolds.

Enjoy the lacrosse. Don't put any pressure on the kids. Let it unfold. There will be back biters along the way. That is life. Make sure the kid is having fun. If he is talented; he doors will be open. In any case; just be there for him or her and enjoy the ride. It's really short.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, hard to make a mistake with that list of schools but if it turns out bad, transfer is the next step. no harm in that, happens every day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just received notice that my son will not have to apply for the 3d Blue Chip 2015, first round automatic invites going out soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
me too, but this is only for the florida portion. so, you do not need to apply to go to 3d blue chip florida.

these are not invites to jake reed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just received notice that my son will not have to apply for the 3d Blue Chip 2015, first round automatic invites going out soon.

Just received notice that you are a total egomaniac.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha ha...so true! Nevertheless, how soon before someone chimes in with the usual reflexive refrain of "so says the Dad whose kid didn't get an invite."?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats toolbag

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you people come to the site? Makes you happy to post nasty thing anonymously?

I stop by to see what's going on and there are some well articulated positions on various topics, updates on how some other teams performed, and then you sad people with the nasty comments.

Don't you have a dog you can kick? Did the boss yell at you today?

Did you forget that you are supposed to treat people the way you want to be treated?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you people come to the site? Makes you happy to post nasty thing anonymously?

I stop by to see what's going on and there are some well articulated positions on various topics, updates on how some other teams performed, and then you sad people with the nasty comments.

Don't you have a dog you can kick? Did the boss yell at you today?

Did you forget that you are supposed to treat people the way you want to be treated?

this thread has degenerated into the 2017 thread, I fear it will only get worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We recieved the same. We will decline this event for several reasons.

First we went last year. This event is an evaluation/instructional event only. No stand alone recruiting value.

The instruction last year was consistent across all grades. Don't expect to take away much educationally the second time around unless your kid is a slow learner. It is a great opportunity to get reps but there are plenty of cheaper options.

During the event we were given the impression by several players that they were pre-ordained selections to JR. Those boys all received JR invites regardless of how they played. Connections count very much, don't be fooled by what you read on a website. Afterall, this is 3d we are talking about, read the posts on their other evetns such as fl$ 3d

We are waiting for the direct JR invite and are looking at other options in case it doesn't come.

My advice is that if you want to go to Florida in January go to Disney the lines are short in the off season and you will spend less money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First we went last year. This event is an evaluation/instructional event only. No stand alone recruiting value.

The instruction last year was consistent across all grades. Don't expect to take away much educationally the second time around unless your kid is a slow learner. It is a great opportunity to get reps but there are plenty of cheaper options.

During the event we were given the impression by several players that they were pre-ordained selections to JR. Those boys all received JR invites regardless of how they played. Connections count very much, don't be fooled by what you read on a website. Afterall, this is 3d we are talking about, read the posts on their other evetns such as fl$ 3d

We are waiting for the direct JR invite and are looking at other options in case it doesn't come.

My advice is that if you want to go to Florida in January go to Disney the lines are short in the off season and you will spend less money

That is good advice, and this is coming from a 2017 parent. If your son plays on a strong club team at good tournaments against other good teams, that is the best forum to get evaluated. And I'd go for 3-4 Fall / Winter prospect days at schools of highest interest over showcases for money best spent. Lacrosse has gotten so silly with showcases everywhere, and it is not like JR is the only game in town for that like it was only 3-4 years ago. It is also fair to criticize it as a captive 3d event that fills in first with 3d kids. Have to take care of the lacrosse family first I suppose. I would highly recommend to the 2018 parents to get your sons nominated by HS or club coaches for the Adrenaline Black Card. One day, no b.s., cheap and tons of free gear. Oh, and the dozens of top coaches is another plus. Good luck to all the 2018s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe you are reading this wrong, they sent out notices to some stating that they will get the direct invites in September, today, they sent out a letter for those who do not get the direct invite to Jake Reed to sign up for the 3d Blue Chip tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We received an invite to 3d bluechip stating that we did not need to apply to 3d bluechip. Just register and attend in January. We also recieved a follow up clarifying exactly what this was. Apparently there was confusion around these mails.

We did not receive a direct invite to JR. If anyone received something from JR can you confirm what you received. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice turn out for the free tune up session put on by Igloo, could be a top contender for the older grade teams. A job well done to TA and crew.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Terps or 91 extreme helmets?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice turn out for the free tune up session put on by Igloo, could be a top contender for the older grade teams. A job well done to TA and crew.

Before you hurt yourself patting yourself on the back , understand big difference between kids showing up for free clinic and top A players leaving their team as they get ready for recruiting with an unknown in the showcase world.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bunch of 91 and express, and therashers helmets!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo + Therahers = Lagacy + Riptide = Run Away!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All preparing for their tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big money for a new team!!!!! Big risk for the 2018 to switch to a new team!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo + Therahers = Lagacy + Riptide = Run Away!!

yeah I cryptically posted this would be a Threshers team a while back, guess I was right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Before you hurt yourself patting yourself on the back , understand big difference between kids showing up for free clinic and top A players leaving their team as they get ready for recruiting with an unknown in the showcase world.

you are reading too much into the original comment. everyone knows that igloo has always had a great program for the younger kids, it is only stating that they are now expanding out to the older groups. nothing about top kids leaving their programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big risk switching to any team but you know that some will be forced to find new homes, have to look at options. what is different from this new to an existing organization, they all are money grabbing and most of them are not well run.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never a risk to change from one competitive club to another if a good fit for your family. A bigger risk to remain where your family is less happy.

Big risk switching to any team but you know that some will be forced to find new homes, have to look at options. what is different from this new to an existing organization, they all are money grabbing and most of them are not well run.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are reading too much into the original comment. everyone knows that igloo has always had a great program for the younger kids, it is only stating that they are now expanding out to the older groups. nothing about top kids leaving their programs.

Not reading too much in to it. Just reading it!

"Could be top contender for the older grades"
"Job well done"

Anyone who can make the first two teams of express or 91 , or the top teams of fl$, Jesters or outlaws will not be playing igloo.

Maybe you put together a decent B team at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Job well done"

Anyone who can make the first two teams of express or 91 , or the top teams of fl$, Jesters or outlaws will not be playing igloo.

Don't care about a vs b. This is a recruiting year. I want my son on a team that is going to the Fall Philly, preparing kids for Jake Reed, Maverick and Brine. And planning on doing Adrenaline and NXT next summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Job well done"

Don't care about a vs b. This is a recruiting year. I want my son on a team that is going to the Fall Philly, preparing kids for Jake Reed, Maverick and Brine. And planning on doing Adrenaline and NXT next summer.

The showcases are upon us. Philly individual invites are out. Jake reed invites, and I'm not talking about the watered down 3d tryouts, will go out soon. Same with maverick. Changing teams at this point is risky.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Job well done"

You should care a or b. Worse than not going to showcase is going with average team and getting beat up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Job well done"

The showcases are upon us. Philly individual invites are out. Jake reed invites, and I'm not talking about the watered down 3d tryouts, will go out soon. Same with maverick. Changing teams at this point is risky.

WHen do the Jake reed full invites go out? WHen do you need to sign up for maverick?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 'A' teams...anyone know which teams will have openings?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 'A' teams...anyone know which teams will have openings?

They all have openings, the kid just has to be better than everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd like to hear opinions on the top events of the Fall 2014 season for 2018 teams

Also, is there value for players attending the team portion only of the Philly Freshmen event?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd like to hear opinions on the top events of the Fall 2014 season for 2018 teams

Also, is there value for players attending the team portion only of the Philly Freshmen event?

Coaches were at both days in extreme cold for the 2017's at the Philly SC. Had to be 9 degrees on team day. But here they were with their folding chairs and clip boards!!

AND....your son wants to be there for his TEAM!

Def do philly, maverick , JR ....?brine?....seems there were more this year than last as far as coaches go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly Freshman Showcase, Jake Reed and Rotanz Fall Classic are all the same weekend. Curious as to how others here would rank them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly Freshman Showcase, Jake Reed and Rotanz Fall Classic are all the same weekend. Curious as to how others here would rank them?

Jake Reed fall is a 2nd tier event from what I have heard - Philly is better attended and had better talent based on commits to date

Page 3 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard