BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
Re: Boys 2016 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Maryland has won what?????? Thats what I thought. LI likes to go down and visit, eat, and beat up the little guys from down south who talk funny!!!!! Similar to events that have occurred before. You guys are our whipping boys who we have to put in thier place every once in awhile. Anyway see you over the summer, lets have a schmidts brewski (from Brooklyn). Oh yea, our boro's/towns are even bigger. Later MD

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Funny. Lookin forward to it HON. Natty bo on me. Youze guys talk strang not us guys. GO RAVENS!! (Gotcha)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is a reason no major tournaments happen on WRONG ISLAND. You cant get on or off that place all summer long. takes you guys 8 hrs to drive 400 miles to MD. I, for one would never play in a tournament on that dump of an island.

Pack some more houses on 1/4 acre lots with 14k taxes and keep your paradise. Your idea of a park is one or two lax fields next to some junk yard or industrial park with a bunch of locals playing "futobol".

just keep coming to us for your beat downs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice..sounds like you need a little bit of an education about STRONG ISLAND
Do a little research before displaying your ignorance

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
there is a reason no major tournaments happen on WRONG ISLAND. You cant get on or off that place all summer long. takes you guys 8 hrs to drive 400 miles to MD. I, for one would never play in a tournament on that dump of an island.

Pack some more houses on 1/4 acre lots with 14k taxes and keep your paradise. Your idea of a park is one or two lax fields next to some junk yard or industrial park with a bunch of locals playing "futobol".

just keep coming to us for your beat downs
I do agree about it being hard to get to Long Island for a tourney. But according to coach/computer rankings at the end of last year, 7 of the top 25 boys H.S. teams came from L.I. . and 11 from N.Y. in total. only 5 from MD. and from the girls side 11 from MD. to 5 for L.I.. So , unless your a girl ,I would shut up Maryland boys lax is not that good. But if you keep changing the rules , not allowing us to check ,because you MD. players don't like to be hit. someday you'll catch up

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ABSOLUTELY GREAT POST!!!! Now who will explain this to the MD ignoramous

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
"YOU" KEEP CHANGING THE RULES???. DONT LIKE TO BE HIT? WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW AN NCAA GAME? HITTING IS NOT THE GAME. MOVING THE BALL IS AND PUTTING IT IN THE GOAL. STOP CRYING LI (PARENT). THE GAME HAS PASSED YOU BY. NO LONGER WOODEN STICKS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Lax parent
"YOU" KEEP CHANGING THE RULES???. DONT LIKE TO BE HIT? WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW AN NCAA GAME? HITTING IS NOT THE GAME. MOVING THE BALL IS AND PUTTING IT IN THE GOAL. STOP CRYING LI (PARENT). THE GAME HAS PASSED YOU BY. NO LONGER WOODEN STICKS.
I watch games all the time and people get laid out in almost every one? stop being so high and mighty, we on long island do both move the ball and play physically , you guys in maryland play P.C. lacrosse,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The funny thing is Long Island boys can beat you Maryland boys using wood sticks. And you can't get on Long Island because people want to come here for vacation. Maryland is easy because no one wants to go there .

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I noticed how nice LI was when we came up there to the fl$ tournament and went un-defeated both U13 and U15. I'm sure you will say fl$,Tri-State and Express werent any good? Hey whats up with the Islanders home? I thought that was torn down years ago? By the way I am not a lax Marylander but from Baltimore. Down here there is a diffrence. No offense to Next Level , Club Blue ect but Baltimore lacrosse is way better than DC lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mary-Land. The name says it all. Where the women play lacrosse and the boys play like women. Your name says it all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At first I thought these were parody posts, but I think you guys are seriously in a pissing contest over LI vs Baltimore. Get over yourselves. You all are looking like utter fools.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I know. Actually my entire family is from Suffolk County.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At first I thought these were parody posts, but I think you guys are seriously in a pissing contest over LI vs Baltimore. Get over yourselves. You all are looking like utter fools.
You must be new to lax, because this has been a pissing contest for decades

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore has the 3rd highest crime rate of any large city...
New [lacrosse] is the 5th SAFEST city. That is the reason most teams don't want to go there...the place is a dump.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Baltimore has the 3rd highest crime rate of any large city...
New [lacrosse] is the 5th SAFEST city. That is the reason most teams don't want to go there...the place is a dump.
Please stop the Baltimore vs. New [lacrosse] (Long Island) nonsense. Baltimore hosts some truly outstanding universities including Johns-Hopkins and Loyola which should be focal points for your visits in the upcoming years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw a Balt. laxer at 31 Flavors last night and said strong island lax was better then Balt. lax. so I guess it's pretty true.

Thank you Simone

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Nice... We love our dump. Go Ravens!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please refrain from making disparaging remarks about eachother's hometowns. We all live in the same country and we should be proud of that. Furthermore, a few should not taint the mutual respect and admiration displayed by the majority of the Long Island and Maryland parents as witnessed at the recent Crabs vs. Express game down in DC. Let's be thankful that our children have the God-given ability and health to compete against eachother. Let's stop throwing stones and use this energy to promote more events where these great teams can play eachother.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It really does not matter what any of you say because MY KID IS BETTER THAN YOURS! Maryland lax rules, we play harder, move the ball faster and hit harder. HAHAHA, We are all lucky to be involved in this great sport. Enjoy the friendships competition and smack talk. lax parent is buying the first round. Hawks rule!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets not forget, most of your gifted LI players will be leaving Wrong Island for college. So use these years to find a good college for your wonderboys.

Hopkins, Loyola, Towson, UMD, UMBC, Navy, etc

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I the only one that thought this was good natured banter....sheesh relax peeps its ok to goof each other, at least I thought we were just ribbing...because who could ever really defend baltimore...LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets not forget, most of your gifted LI players will be leaving Wrong Island for college. So use these years to find a good college for your wonderboys.

Hopkins, Loyola, Towson, UMD, UMBC, Navy, etc
It's a good thing too , otherwise Maryland college lacrosse would suck as bad as it's high school lacrosse .

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
With you there. Cold one and a crab cake at the delly!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's, turtles, crabs. Doesn't Maryland have any tough types of names. When we from LI come down and play we refer to the teams as the "Teddy bears". They look nice but are very "squishy". Similar to cooked crab and turtle. We prefer lobster with our brewski. Lobster eat crab.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Like the "Fly" refrence. I dont know what kind of crabs they serve in NY but skwishy?? Yuck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys give them ther due maryland does have good teams to play. The differance is they concentrate on one ELITE team where if we did that on the island everyone is up in arms. Learn from MD the gifted kids should play together and the kids who work hard and want to play up have a goal to shoot at. There is no team on the island with the exception of the express who can play with the crabs. The express also will have a hard time with them. Lacrosse on the island is a money making buisness and there are too many teams competeing at AA. If we combined teams and had better AA teams on the island and concentrate on better competition for everyone else to raise there skills it would be a win win. Just a thought

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
please take note, there are plenty of good ole boys from Maryland on the Maryland lacrosse teams. Because it is a great place to live and learn, they stay local.

Look at the rosters from Hofstra and Stony Brook. You have to rely on kids from CT,NJ,MA and Canada, etc. You almost never get a blue chip player to stay on Wrong Island, why do you think that is?

Just saying.......................but I will admit Wrong Island does rule D2 and D3 lax, you know where phyical play is considered more important than moving the ball. footballax

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Guys give them ther due maryland does have good teams to play. The differance is they concentrate on one ELITE team where if we did that on the island everyone is up in arms. Learn from MD the gifted kids should play together and the kids who work hard and want to play up have a goal to shoot at. There is no team on the island with the exception of the express who can play with the crabs. The express also will have a hard time with them. Lacrosse on the island is a money making buisness and there are too many teams competeing at AA. If we combined teams and had better AA teams on the island and concentrate on better competition for everyone else to raise there skills it would be a win win. Just a thought

Totaly agree with this statement.... Although my son is a 2019, I feel that the elite teams need to consistently look to play each other, whether in tournaments or leagues.... I've said on another post that I respect the express for joining NYPLL. This is the type of league that needs to be brought to the Island. My thoughts would be, NYPLL is equivalent to the NCAA. The Maryland teams would be in the "ACC" conference. Long Island teams would be considered the "Big East". Upstate New [lacrosse] and Western Mass teams would be the "NEC". You would have to play at a consistent level in order to stay in the league. This would be a win/win for both the organizations and the more dedicated players. We can learn from Maryland which is why the 2019 Dune Dawgs are playing in two tournaments in Maryland this upcoming summer...... Only looking to play the best!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
please take note, there are plenty of good ole boys from Maryland on the Maryland lacrosse teams. Because it is a great place to live and learn, they stay local.

Look at the rosters from Hofstra and Stony Brook. You have to rely on kids from CT,NJ,MA and Canada, etc. You almost never get a blue chip player to stay on Wrong Island, why do you think that is?

Just saying.......................but I will admit Wrong Island does rule D2 and D3 lax, you know where phyical play is considered more important than moving the ball. footballax
I have to disagree with this The only reason why L.I. schools do not dominate N.C.A.A. lax is because the kids here choose to leave to go to the better schools. If you look at the rosters from Prinston , Brown Cornell MIT etc.. they are littered with kids from L.I. These are kids that don't go to prep schools like MD. lax. they are mostly from public schools with good enough grades to go to Ivy and top ties schools. It shows that they are smart enough to look beyond the game, and get the education. No offense to the MD. schools , but I'd rather my kid at Harvard then Maryland, even if she never wins a DI title. And lastly , the top players from both mens and womans lax came from L.I. Shannon Smith, and Nicky Galasso.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seen Crabs and Express and they are comparable. Express strengths are defense and midfield. Crabs seem strong and balance at every position and probably have a better attack than Express. But overall pretty even. High quality lax and fun to watch if you get a chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 8 freshman from long island on Hofstra's roster, do you have any idea what you type before you do it or does it not matter? Maryland only has 4 freshman from the entire state on their roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. The MD crowd will never be confused with the more intelligent of the groups we encounter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I said blue chip players from long island. dont just read, comprehend!

do you need the definition of blue chip?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I said blue chip players from long island. dont just read, comprehend!

do you need the definition of blue chip?
O.K. so what are you talking about . I'm talking about blue chip players. Are Shannon and Nick not blue chip. I understand that some kids don't want to leave there home state and thats fine. Lets just say our kids are a bit more adventurous . You need to calm down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxDad#14

Totaly agree with this statement.... Although my son is a 2019, I feel that the elite teams need to consistently look to play each other, whether in tournaments or leagues.... I've said on another post that I respect the express for joining NYPLL. This is the type of league that needs to be brought to the Island. My thoughts would be, NYPLL is equivalent to the NCAA. The Maryland teams would be in the "ACC" conference. Long Island teams would be considered the "Big East". Upstate New [lacrosse] and Western Mass teams would be the "NEC". You would have to play at a consistent level in order to stay in the league. This would be a win/win for both the organizations and the more dedicated players. We can learn from Maryland which is why the 2019 Dune Dawgs are playing in two tournaments in Maryland this upcoming summer...... Only looking to play the best!!!!

Don't kid yourself, you'll end up playing another LI team in the finals. There are only a handfull of competitive teams you will encounter at the young ages and there not in md. Until you play u-13 your just kidding yourself with all the self hype, that's when crabs, dukes, clams start to care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nick is at UNC not Hofstra and Shannon is at Northwestern, which last I checked are not on wrong island.

so, thanks for confirming my point, players from wrong island get off wrong island.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Nick is at UNC not Hofstra and Shannon is at Northwestern, which last I checked are not on wrong island.

so, thanks for confirming my point, players from wrong island get off wrong island.
Yes for good schools they didn't stay on L.I. just because they were from L.I. Unlike kids from Md. that don't want to leave MD. they went to schools for a degree in a particular field , at the school that they thought were best in that field . your saying that kids from MD. go to schools in MD. because the school is in MD. I'm sure if they wanted to be lawyers they would go to Hofstra , or a doctor they would go to Stony Brook, But there the only big DI lacrosse schools on L.I. . and by the way I looked at the rosters for the big MD. schools , and both men and woman pull kids from a lot of states not just MD. and an average of 5 kids from L.I. per team , so it sounds like your schools have to come here for there talent. You should really doom research before you start posting ridiculous statements

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont know what you are refering to. Long Island U-15 do not compare to maryland. This is a 2016 which is U-15. The express has played both the crabs and the dukes at U-15 level. They are great teams. Lets see 91, outlaws, fl$,and the riptide compete in the NYPLL with the express. MD goes after a team of great players. On long Island a team gets a handful of good players starts a team and takes your money. Look at the express they now are stacked with great players and everyone cryed that they did something wrong.

Don't kid yourself, you'll end up playing another LI team in the finals. There are only a handfull of competitive teams you will encounter at the young ages and there not in md. Until you play u-13 your just kidding yourself with all the self hype, that's when crabs, dukes, clams start to care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not kidding myself... No self hype, just trying to challenge the kids at an early age. If the crabs, dukes, loonies, are not serious until U-13, where are are they going to pick the kids from? Kids that are currently playing U-11. Another thing, intentionally looked for tournaments where LI have teams have not really played in the past. This goes back to the CageSage reference discussing what you should be looking for in team(organization) selection. If you are paying money to play on a travel team, you should make sure that your organization selects the most appropriate tournaments for your team. One of the tourneys we are registered to play will have teams from Central NY, Texas, Illinois, North Carolina, Virgina, as well as the Maryland teams....

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard