BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 327 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Because this week was the dealine to accept or decline your spot on that team. So in a few days the final rosters should be posted with the girls that have accepted that position

Why would someone try out and then not accept a position?

Ask Libertydad
go ahead ask,

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post about working hard. However, you absolutely lost me when you said there are no politics with the YJ's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is funny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post about working hard. However, you absolutely lost me when you said there are no politics with the YJ's.

Saying there is no politics in YJ is like saying there is no national deficit!!! Not sure what age your talking about but my daughters age all the girls who play HS for the top blue team coach all made blue and a few DO NOT deserve it...so politics is a big part of YJ the rest is true hard work pays off in the end bc those put on teams who don't deserve to be in the end wind up suffering. Just bc a girl plays for Farmingdale or Northport doesn't mean they deserve to be on blue!! But then again I'd rather my daughter be on the lowest team bc she will get to play in playoff games where it counts vs those who sit and watch others during a championship game bc they don't deserve to be on blue and their school colors got them there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saying there is no politics in YJ is like saying there is no national deficit!!! Not sure what age your talking about but my daughters age all the girls who play HS for the top blue team coach all made blue and a few DO NOT deserve it...so politics is a big part of YJ the rest is true hard work pays off in the end bc those put on teams who don't deserve to be in the end wind up suffering. Just bc a girl plays for Farmingdale or Northport doesn't mean they deserve to be on blue!! But then again I'd rather my daughter be on the lowest team bc she will get to play in playoff games where it counts vs those who sit and watch others during a championship game bc they don't deserve to be on blue and their school colors got them there

That is true to an extent! Most if not all of the kids from "the chosen" schools that are on the blue teams might not be the best kids on the team and there may be a handful of kids better than them on the lower teams, but they are all competent.You have to expect some degre of politics , but for the most part all the girls eventually wind up on the right team for their talent level.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I always had a feeling that the club looked at what high schools the girls went to as a way to determine what teams they were assigned to. At the tryouts there were girls who played awesome who didn't make the top two teams but they weren't from the powerhouse high schools. The only reasoning i can see is that the YJ realize that if a girl is from a good lax hs they can be pretty confident that they will be getting some good coaching during the other seasons.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I always had a feeling that the club looked at what high schools the girls went to as a way to determine what teams they were assigned to. At the tryouts there were girls who played awesome who didn't make the top two teams but they weren't from the powerhouse high schools. The only reasoning i can see is that the YJ realize that if a girl is from a good lax hs they can be pretty confident that they will be getting some good coaching during the other seasons.

That may be true some of the time, but I know a handful of girls from my small, non-powerhouse town who play/ed on the Blue team back when it was clear what a Blue team was. I also know a few who were on Yellow and now I'm not sure if they're still Yellow or the new Blue.

Truth is anywhere you get three people together for any reason you create politics. Ask any mom, this is why we don't like playdates of three. Are politics in sports right? Not really. But it's never going to change so it's best to learn the ropes, sidestep away when you can and work within the reality of the organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is so far from the truth I personally know at the 2014 level you have Farmingdale girls and Garden City girls not on either of the blue teams in one instance you have a Garden City player on the lowest team and she has been part of the organization for awhile. You have St. Anthony players and Mt Sinai players all on the lowest team and then you have ESM girls who play for BT the top blue coach not on her team so as far as where you go making a difference it couldn't be further from the truth!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

That may be true some of the time, but I know a handful of girls from my small, non-powerhouse town who play/ed on the Blue team back when it was clear what a Blue team was. I also know a few who were on Yellow and now I'm not sure if they're still Yellow or the new Blue.

Truth is anywhere you get three people together for any reason you create politics. Ask any mom, this is why we don't like playdates of three. Are politics in sports right? Not really. But it's never going to change so it's best to learn the ropes, sidestep a
way when you can and work within the reality of the organization.

So true!! I never come on here bc I find that most people who are on here when they are getting what they want back the directors and their actions. However; once something is done we don't appreciate with we go against the organization. Truth be told not everyone is going to agree with everything but as adults if we take a step back and watch our children's reactions to things without our input we will find its far different then ours. I have sat on the sidelines and watched parents scream at their kids...have their kids tell coaches they want to play different positions with hopes of getting more playing time...even have players follow coaches in hopes of getting on their good side. While this player is miserable bc her parent is embarrassing her, she wants to play the position she wants, and her friends are swimming I the pool at the hotel while she is forced to do otherwise!! If we as parents let our kids take the lead in sports with an occasional kick in the butt you will see the difference...your child will want to practice more bc it's not a chore and will develop and grow into an outstanding athlete but furthermore a well adjusted adult. Let your children accept failure but work hard to improve upon it so it doesn't happen again. Stop blaming politics and coaches yes it does happen and in a perfect world the right players wind up on the right team bc of talent not because of personality or parents. But the reality of this is it will never change so you can think the grass is greener on the other side but it isn't let your child decide whether it not they are happy with the organization and coach w/o your input you will find 99% of them are!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To think there is no politics involved is crazy. There most certainly is. Is it anymore than the other clubs out there? Maybe, but there is politics every where you go. I figure there are three groups of players out there as far as politics are involved and it may be a near even split. The first are on the receiving end of it, where they may get a position or playing time or put on a team they don't deserve to be on. The other end of the spectrum you have the players getting the short end of the stick. In the middle you have the kids playing exactly where they belong. Luckily most kids are where they belong, but every team has a few of the others effected by politics good and bad. Hopefully for you, if your child is effected by politics it benefits them, if not, I would agree that another organization might provide a fresh start. Someone earlier mentioned it is a sheer matter of hard work. I do not agree, sometimes players are put into suppressed positions. This is a great trick from parent coaches who do not want teammates to outshine their own kid. I have been on both sides of the politics many times with my kids in sports. It's great when it benefits you and sucks when your on the losing end. Still my biggest complaint with politics always seems to stem from parent coaches.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To think there is no politics involved is crazy. There most certainly is. Is it anymore than the other clubs out there? Maybe, but there is politics every where you go. I figure there are three groups of players out there as far as politics are involved and it may be a near even split. The first are on the receiving end of it, where they may get a position or playing time or put on a team they don't deserve to be on. The other end of the spectrum you have the players getting the short end of the stick. In the middle you have the kids playing exactly where they belong. Luckily most kids are where they belong, but every team has a few of the others effected by politics good and bad. Hopefully for you, if your child is effected by politics it benefits them, if not, I would agree that another organization might provide a fresh start. Someone earlier mentioned it is a sheer matter of hard work. I do not agree, sometimes players are put into suppressed positions. This is a great trick from parent coaches who do not want teammates to outshine their own kid. I have been on both sides of the politics many times with my kids in sports. It's great when it benefits you and sucks when your on the losing end. Still my biggest complaint with politics always seems to stem from parent coaches.

Do you actually think that Carol rose gives a rats [lacrosse] about the parent coaches opinion??? Most of them are on the lower teams anyway! For the ones coaching the blue teams DeFelice and Mitchel, this doesn't apply, their kids are great players and they are great "parent coaches". Politics in the YJ's may get you the nod if it is equal or close, but if a kid is great and deserves to move up, they will! What benefit would it be to the organization to not take the best kids and win tournaments???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you actually think that Carol rose gives a rats [lacrosse] about the parent coaches opinion??? Most of them are on the lower teams anyway! For the ones coaching the blue teams DeFelice and Mitchel, this doesn't apply, their kids are great players and they are great "parent coaches". Politics in the YJ's may get you the nod if it is equal or close, but if a kid is great and deserves to move up, they will! What benefit would it be to the organization to not take the best kids and win tournaments???

Your are exactly right, she doesn't give a rats [lacrosse] about parents opionon, and that's the problem. We as parents mean nothing and she often let's parents know it too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love it!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your are exactly right, she doesn't give a rats [lacrosse] about parents opionon, and that's the problem. We as parents mean nothing and she often let's parents know it too.

I wrote "parent coaches" opinion, in regards to who gets moved up or down. They may make a suggestion, but make no mistake, she makes all the decisions. As far as the parents opinion, I am sure that is true some of the time, but I am sure that most of the parents and all their years of evaluating players and building teams, makes their opinion way more valuable than Carol's or the other coaches(sarcastic). Parents need to understand that there are 600 kids in the organization and if you took the opinion of every parent the organization would be in chaos! Be patient and your child will end up on the team she belongs on. It is usually the childs parent that is the only one who can't see that! If you stop and realistically evaluate your child you will be much better off and so will your child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wrote "parent coaches" opinion, in regards to who gets moved up or down. They may make a suggestion, but make no mistake, she makes all the decisions. As far as the parents opinion, I am sure that is true some of the time, but I am sure that most of the parents and all their years of evaluating players and building teams, makes their opinion way more valuable than Carol's or the other coaches(sarcastic). Parents need to understand that there are 600 kids in the organization and if you took the opinion of every parent the organization would be in chaos! Be patient and your child will end up on the team she belongs on. It is usually the childs parent that is the only one who can't see that! If you stop and realistically evaluate your child you will be much better off and so will your child.

But isnt the parent the best coach a kid could get (sarcasm). Couldn't agree more Carol and Tracey know exactly what they are doing its clear by looking at YJ stats as well as their high school teams. If they simple listened to all the parents and moved kids based on how parents felt they played their track records would be completely different.....not better! To say that Coach Rose doesn't care is so far from the truth she cares so much and that's why the organization is so strong. It's is true she doesn't give a rats [lacrosse] about what a parent thinks as far as how good there kid is..(that was a great quote btw) but the person who said she doesn't care must not be a yellow jacket!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But isnt the parent the best coach a kid could get (sarcasm). Couldn't agree more Carol and Tracey know exactly what they are doing its clear by looking at YJ stats as well as their high school teams. If they simple listened to all the parents and moved kids based on how parents felt they played their track records would be completely different.....not better! To say that Coach Rose doesn't care is so far from the truth she cares so much and that's why the organization is so strong. It's is true she doesn't give a rats [lacrosse] about what a parent thinks as far as how good there kid is..(that was a great quote btw) but the person who said she doesn't care must not be a yellow jacket!!!

Parents can help their kids a lot! You should learn the game, and work with your kid on the areas she needs to improve on. Don't just drop her off at the field and expect the coaches to turn her into a superstar. No one is watching your kid all the time but you! Work with your coach to make your kid better. Its like school, when they are at practice let the coach do the teaching. When they are home, you need to help them with their homework!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Carol plays who is good and who deserves to play at Northport and with Yellow Jackets. Some parents just think their kids are better than they really are and it is a lot easier to blame her and the organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you guys are right, there is no politics involved at all. Every parent coach is 100% unbiased and it has never effected any kid on any team. It must be that the kids who apparently suffer are lazy and no good to begin with. Thanks for pointing that out, it's so obvious now, what was I thinking?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats a little dramatic--they are just not as good and nobody said they were lazy...please

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand that it is not the most ideal situation having a parent-coach. I'm sure many of you out there have been one for your children in some sport at some time. For every parent-coach who you feel is keeping your child down, there is a parent on the sideline who is unrealistic about there child's talent. Someone who thinks their son/daughter is all world and clearly isn't. I have seen these people go from team to team and organization to organization in hopes of finding that coach that tells them they are right...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats a little dramatic--they are just not as good and nobody said they were lazy...please

I don't remember reading anywhere about kids being lazy!!! Is it to hard to accept that some children are just not as good as others...when did the definition of that become lazy?? Dramatic is an understatement!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you guys are right, there is no politics involved at all. Every parent coach is 100% unbiased and it has never effected any kid on any team. It must be that the kids who apparently suffer are lazy and no good to begin with. Thanks for pointing that out, it's so obvious now, what was I thinking?

Nobody is saying there are no politics! What is being said is that if a kid deserves to move up or get more playing time they usually do. It may take a bit for the creme to rise, but it always does! You are always better off looking at how you can help your kids improve, rather than looking to blame a coach's politics., even if it is true!!!Kids need to learn how to overcome adversity without their parents always coming in to save the day! Life isn't fair sometimes. From what I have seen the YJ's are MOST of the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody is saying there are no politics! What is being said is that if a kid deserves to move up or get more playing time they usually do. It may take a bit for the creme to rise, but it always does! You are always better off looking at how you can help your kids improve, rather than looking to blame a coach's politics., even if it is true!!!Kids need to learn how to overcome adversity without their parents always coming in to save the day! Life isn't fair sometimes. From what I have seen the YJ's are MOST of the time.
with that said , how about the kid with the parent coach, is that parent "saving the day" for his/her child. And if so why does that parent then recuse themselves for the sake of the child. Or maybe Carol should allow the parent to coach a team other than there own child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is political bias by nearly all parent coaches for their kids and their "crews".

There is political bias by directors and coaches for kid from programs with which they are affiliated.

Team, playing time, and position is NOT 100% merit based.

Most (probably all) parents (including parent coaches) think that their princess is better than they are.

Most kids are on the right team.

Winning is the most important thing to the club, but on a squad of 25 girls, 1 or 2 8's on a team of 10's isn't going to make a difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is political bias by nearly all parent coaches for their kids and their "crews".

There is political bias by directors and coaches for kid from programs with which they are affiliated.

Most (probably all) parents (including parent coaches) think that their princess is better than they are.

Winning is the most important thing to the club, but on a squad of 25 girls, 1 or 2 8's on a team of 10's isn't going to make a difference.
It will to the poor girl thats a 10 playing on a team of 7's , because a 7's dad is coaching the 10 team. But i guess that does no matter because she's not your daughter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will to the poor girl thats a 10 playing on a team of 7's , because a 7's dad is coaching the 10 team. But i guess that does no matter because she's not your daughter

First of all there is NO team with all 10's! If your daughter(who was obviously snubbed) was a 10 she would be moved. She is probably an *, so if the coaches daughter is a 7 and your daughter is an 8 and she is on the second team, so be it. Maybe you should coach. Thing is, she is probably better off being an 8 on the second team, rather than stting on the bench with 9's and 10's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all there is NO team with all 10's! If your daughter(who was obviously snubbed) was a 10 she would be moved. She is probably an *, so if the coaches daughter is a 7 and your daughter is an 8 and she is on the second team, so be it. Maybe you should coach. Thing is, she is probably better off being an 8 on the second team, rather than stting on the bench with 9's and 10's.
I bet your the coach and you know you stole a spot
t from a better player , without you your daughter probably wouldn't be able to make a spot on green. And I don't have to coach to have my daughter play on blue . because unlike your daughter, my daughter deserves to be there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your the reason every team hates us please shut up , you sound obnoxious

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that the reason every team hates us is because Carol fields the best teams and we Jack It Up...if these so called parent coaches weren't doing their jobs then why do they have winning records!! Get over yourself people tell your daughter to put down the remote and her cell phone and puck up her stick and she too will get the playing time she deserves!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should all FEAR THE BEE!!! And if you don't like the way the program is run then instead of complaining move your daughter..guarantee you'll be back!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fear the bee, that saying is so stupid. Can't believe an adult (if you are) is on a discussion board using it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious? obnoxious? What is obnoxious is parents whinning about their kid being overlooked by a "parent coach". The kid is 1 kid out of 25. That is what you are worried about? If the coach is great and the kid is marginal, I am thrilled if my kid is getting good coaching at the expense of carrying 1 kid who might be a 7 or 8 and not a 10. News Flash, no one is ENTITLED to athything! If you take that as why people hate the YJ's than so be it. I find it obnoxious that people disparage the kids on the teams other than blue because they feel it is beneath them. The kids play where their talent level dictates,! It isn't a bad thing!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

t from a better player , without you your daughter probably wouldn't be able to make a spot on green. And I don't have to coach to have my daughter play on blue . because unlike your daughter, my daughter deserves to be there.

I am not a coach. I just call it as I see it. It doesn't matter how good your daughter or my daughter is. BTW if you look at the blue teams there are only 2 parent coaches and their daughtrs are excellent, so they didn't steal anything from any kid!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why do they have winning records ? I don't know. maybe because they have the best players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not a coach. I just call it as I see it. It doesn't matter how good your daughter or my daughter is. BTW if you look at the blue teams there are only 2 parent coaches and their daughtrs are excellent, so they didn't steal anything from any kid!

Actually I can think of at lease 3 blue parent coaches. At least one kid does not belong. As far as politics, it's so evident it's ridiculous but if you are not happy you have the option to leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen to you all , I am embarrassed to say I am involved in an organization with people as tasteless as you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They should all FEAR THE BEE!!! And if you don't like the way the program is run then instead of complaining move your daughter..guarantee you'll be back!!

While I agree with you, please stop with the fear the bee. it makes you look juvenile.

As for the parents who are screaiming unfairness, instead of being a ghost poster and bashing these parent coaches and kids, why don't you just leave? even if your daughter deserves to play more, does anonymously bashing these guys (and their daughters) really help your case? YJS don't appeal to everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I agree with you, please stop with the fear the bee. it makes you look juvenile.

As for the parents who are screaiming unfairness, instead of being a ghost poster and bashing these parent coaches and kids, why don't you just leave? even if your daughter deserves to play more, does anonymously bashing these guys (and their daughters) really help your case? YJS don't appeal to everyone.
And yet here you are , a ghost writer bashing every opinion a parent has if it does not conform with your opinion of the club. Why not register a name a really show your team pride or are you just a coward thats afraid to confront someone without anonymity

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually I can think of at lease 3 blue parent coaches. At least one kid does not belong. As far as politics, it's so evident it's ridiculous but if you are not happy you have the option to leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why do they have winning records ? I don't know. maybe because they have the best players

well its definately not the coaching.... must be the better players

Like Reply Quote
Page 30 of 327 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard