BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 24 25
Re: Girls 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't matter, sounds like the kid is going over to the Yellow Jackets

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who would hold there kid back a year in school for lacrosse ? that is comical.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Too funny . Why do you TG people even reply. Do you have kids on the team that are already 13 and thus are school hold backs , yes. Do you have kids that will turn 13 prior to December 1, yes, again making them school hold backs . Are these kids allowed to play in grade level tournaments , yes.If you took those kids off your team and put them on YJ or TG or SW would the outcome of those games be different , I believe so . If those teams took a few kids off their 2019 teams and played them would the outcomes of those games be different , I believe so. Your best players on TG 2020 happen to be older than many 2019 players, is what it is but why bother denying it , not illegal as the rules are at this time. What I find interesting is that your 2019 superstar is actually a 2020 graduation year yet she gets to pick what age she plays at ( good for her playing age appropriate ).

According to this poster who seems to know the details, the TG person who said "There are no older kids on the team! I think what has you confused is that 7-8 of them played on the TG 2019 three years ago because they were that talented - let's move on now and find the next excuse because this one is bogus and has no merit"
Is flat out lying. Are you a liar?????

They will not reply because they are the [lacrosse] person who knows the truth but refuses to discuss it. They try to misdirect but notice no TG 2020 parent will come on here and deny they have school age holdbacks.

I am trying to make sense of all of this 2020 Black banter. You think that the TG 20 Black team has "kids" meaning more than one that are too old to be rising 7th graders.Someone has come on here and singled one of the kids out by naming her town. The 'Pequa kid that you singled out is a phenomenal athlete that is for a fact 12 years old and going into 7 the grade. Is she tall? Yes. Does she play up on older teams in the off season in other sports? Yes she does. The 20 Black team has 24 kids on the roster. Can I say that I know for a fact that every kid is 11&12 years old ? No I can not make that statement. Is my kid on the team and is she 11 ? That I can say .

We are talking about 11 & 12 year old girls that are playing a game. Please let it go. You are obsessed with a team that your kid doesn't play on! I have been around this team for the past two years and have never though that any of the girls could be reclassified. I wish you and your daughter well with whatever team she plays on. Please take the 'Pequa kid off your too old to play on a 2020 team list she is 12 end of story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't matter, sounds like the kid is going over to the Yellow Jackets

Who's going to YJ - the Pequa kid or the 2020 Superstar who plays on 2019? Oh wait no one really cares! Worry about your own kid and stop worrying about other people's kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would any 20 black kid want to leave the team? They have only lost one game in two years?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would any 20 black kid want to leave the team? They have only lost one game in two years?

Because the proceeds from our annual "optional" BBQ goes to recruitment scholarships. Unlike the NCAA, we pay our players!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Doesn't matter, sounds like the kid is going over to the Yellow Jackets

Sure and let Curcio control your kids future. Don't forget girls doing private training take priority pay and play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Doesn't matter, sounds like the kid is going over to the Yellow Jackets

Sure and let Curcio control your kids future. Don't forget girls doing private training take priority pay and play.

It's the same on Jones team. Do the camp and training and move up the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by kidsgame
Too funny . Why do you TG people even reply. Do you have kids on the team that are already 13 and thus are school hold backs , yes. Do you have kids that will turn 13 prior to December 1, yes, again making them school hold backs . Are these kids allowed to play in grade level tournaments , yes.If you took those kids off your team and put them on YJ or TG or SW would the outcome of those games be different , I believe so . If those teams took a few kids off their 2019 teams and played them would the outcomes of those games be different , I believe so. Your best players on TG 2020 happen to be older than many 2019 players, is what it is but why bother denying it , not illegal as the rules are at this time. What I find interesting is that your 2019 superstar is actually a 2020 graduation year yet she gets to pick what age she plays at ( good for her playing age appropriate ).

According to this poster who seems to know the details, the TG person who said "There are no older kids on the team! I think what has you confused is that 7-8 of them played on the TG 2019 three years ago because they were that talented - let's move on now and find the next excuse because this one is bogus and has no merit"

They will not reply because they are the [lacrosse] person who knows the truth but refuses to discuss it. They try to misdirect but notice no TG 2020 parent will come on here and deny they have school age holdbacks.

I am trying to make sense of all of this 2020 Black banter. You think that the TG 20 Black team has "kids" meaning more than one that are too old to be rising 7th graders.Someone has come on here and singled one of the kids out by naming her town. The 'Pequa kid that you singled out is a phenomenal athlete that is for a fact 12 years old and going into 7 the grade. Is she tall? Yes. Does she play up on older teams in the off season in other sports? Yes she does. The 20 Black team has 24 kids on the roster. Can I say that I know for a fact that every kid is 11&12 years old ? No I can not make that statement. Is my kid on the team and is she 11 ? That I can say .

We are talking about 11 & 12 year old girls that are playing a game. Please let it go. You are obsessed with a team that your kid doesn't play on! I have been around this team for the past two years and have never though that any of the girls could be reclassified. I wish you and your daughter well with whatever team she plays on. Please take the 'Pequa kid off your too old to play on a 2020 team list she is 12 end of story.

Take any one, or even better two kids off 2020 black it doesn't matter, they still dominate. They are strong because they have a dozen kids who are well trained to play the right way with quick precise ball and player movement. They were brought to the team with high lax IQs. Add the fact that they have pretty much the only real coach TGs has, they become a solid team. They play at their best when they avoid isolation plays and keep to the motion. Take any players in question of age off the team( and I'm not so sure there are any) and they still win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take any one, or even better two kids off 2020 black it doesn't matter, they still dominate. They are strong because they have a dozen kids who are well trained to play the right way with quick precise ball and player movement. They were brought to the team with high lax IQs. Add the fact that they have pretty much the only real coach TGs has, they become a solid team. They play at their best when they avoid isolation plays and keep to the motion. Take any players in question of age off the team( and I'm not so sure there are any) and they still win.

Dream on.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen to that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Take any one, or even better two kids off 2020 black it doesn't matter, they still dominate. They are strong because they have a dozen kids who are well trained to play the right way with quick precise ball and player movement. They were brought to the team with high lax IQs. Add the fact that they have pretty much the only real coach TGs has, they become a solid team. They play at their best when they avoid isolation plays and keep to the motion. Take any players in question of age off the team( and I'm not so sure there are any) and they still win."

Is this a joke.Watch them play the whole offense including the draw is run thru one kid. Watch them in a close game and see if they take their superstar out of the game, no way. Watch in the big games and they do not play some kids at all while some kids do not come out of the game.Very good players at the top of that team with not very good players at the bottom.I think the 2015 will be different than the 2014 in this age group much like 2013 was different than 2014.Watch out for YJ as we have played both their top teams and they are deep , move a couple kids up and down or move a couple kids positions ie middies to attack or defense and they may surprise you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Take any one, or even better two kids off 2020 black it doesn't matter, they still dominate. They are strong because they have a dozen kids who are well trained to play the right way with quick precise ball and player movement. They were brought to the team with high lax IQs. Add the fact that they have pretty much the only real coach TGs has, they become a solid team. They play at their best when they avoid isolation plays and keep to the motion. Take any players in question of age off the team( and I'm not so sure there are any) and they still win."

Is this a joke.Watch them play the whole offense including the draw is run thru one kid. Watch them in a close game and see if they take their superstar out of the game, no way. Watch in the big games and they do not play some kids at all while some kids do not come out of the game.Very good players at the top of that team with not very good players at the bottom.I think the 2015 will be different than the 2014 in this age group much like 2013 was different than 2014.Watch out for YJ as we have played both their top teams and they are deep , move a couple kids up and down or move a couple kids positions ie middies to attack or defense and they may surprise you.

Yes, the kid is an amazing athlete, why wouldn't you use her abilities to help win? It is travel lax and I'm pretty sure winning is the goal. However, she is by no means the entire team. There is a group of truly talented kids on the team (top kids). They all do their part to make the team successful. No to worry TG 2020 black will continue to grow and dominate!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is the coach of 2020 black?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, the kid is an amazing athlete, why wouldn't you use her abilities to help win? It is travel lax and I'm pretty sure winning is the goal. However, she is by no means the entire team. There is a group of truly talented kids on the team (top kids). They all do their part to make the team successful. No to worry TG 2020 black will continue to grow and dominate!

Not worried at all but don't fool yourself without that kid you are not nearly as good as you think. I get its travel lax but if the team is so deep why the need to play some kids so much more in tight games.Also its 11 y.o. lacrosse so get over yourself. A group of truly talented kids, ask anyone who has played your team and they will all only remember one kid. When you people say you would win even if she were on the other team you are fooling yourselves, and really insulting her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How long have all of you been around sports? Many sound new to this, here's how this usually goes, the biggest, strongest kids on the team stand out, this year. If they continue to grow and stay the biggest and fastest kid on the team they continue to stand out. 9 times out of ten the other kids catch up and they melt back into the pile. The smaller kids who dominate stand the best chance at continued dominance several years down the road. I have watched countless adolescent athletes in countless sports trend back to the median, Getting excited over a jump start 11 year old is ridiculous. Come back in at least three or four years and you will have a better idea what your dealing with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How long have all of you been around sports? Many sound new to this, here's how this usually goes, the biggest, strongest kids on the team stand out, this year. If they continue to grow and stay the biggest and fastest kid on the team they continue to stand out. 9 times out of ten the other kids catch up and they melt back into the pile. The smaller kids who dominate stand the best chance at continued dominance several years down the road. I have watched countless adolescent athletes in countless sports trend back to the median, Getting excited over a jump start 11 year old is ridiculous. Come back in at least three or four years and you will have a better idea what your dealing with.

You really can't comprehend the attitudes of many of the parents on the top teams .... YJ , TG, they all think their 7th grader is going to start this year on Varsity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what you are all talking about, CR told us that if we paid over $3,000 a year starting with the Hornets and stayed with it until 12th grade - no cheating, do every clinic, use her personal trainers, play winter league, eat her magic luau bbq food and wear bee apparel 7 days a week my daughter would be guaranteed a spot on a D1 college program with lots of money. She would also be recruited by 9th grade regardless of my daughters DNA.

I think everyone needs to be realistic about their kids abilities and the parents on my daughters team are definitly drinking the kool aid after a banner 6th grade summer season LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]"Take any one, or even better two kids off 2020 black it doesn't matter, they still dominate. They are strong because they have a dozen kids who are well trained to play the right way with quick precise ball and player movement. They were brought to the team with high lax IQs. Add the fact that they have pretty much the only real coach TGs has, they become a solid team. They play at their best when they avoid isolation plays and keep to the motion. Take any players in question of age off the team( and I'm not so sure there are any) and they still win."

You really can't comprehend the attitudes of many of the parents on the top teams .... YJ , TG, they all think their 7th grader is going to start this year on Varsity [/quote

My 7th grader WILL start on Varsity, she's also 15 and plays on 2020 (we knew when she was 2 she was gonna be a superstar so we held her back a few years) she's small but we're confident she'll grow and kick the tall kids a** and she's been recruited by 12 schools already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's an idea, why don't you spend more time watching your own kid play? is it it too uncomfortable? Also, take two best players off yj blue and they would have there hands full with the C team and couldn't compete with the B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's an idea, why don't you spend more time watching your own kid play? is it it too uncomfortable? Also, take two best players off yj blue and they would have there hands full with the C team and couldn't compete with the B team

Now that's funny!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The difference is everyone knows who the best TG kid is because she is so much better than any other kid on the team , not sure who those two best kids on YJ are that you are talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So says the father of the small kid. Check out the dominate players in college , not very small.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The difference is everyone knows who the best TG kid is because she is so much better than any other kid on the team , not sure who those two best kids on YJ are that you are talking about?

Really, you've GOT to be kidding???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you don't know who it is then it aint your kid! The team wins or losses depending on two middies, evryone but you knows who they are

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of the TG parents know or care who the best two middies on YJ Blue are. But the YJ parents are obsessed with TG2020 Black and know everything about the team. Sad ......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of the TG parents know or care who the best two middies on YJ Blue are. But the YJ parents are obsessed with TG2020 Black and know everything about the team. Sad ......

Whats sad is you are so clueless, there is nothing to know about your TG team other than stop the one kid. Good to know you speak for all TG parents, you sound like a know it all toolbag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]None of the TG parents know or care who the best two middies on YJ Blue are. But the YJ parents are obsessed with TG2020 Black and know everything about the team. Sad ......

Whats sad is you are so clueless, there is nothing to know about your TG team other than stop the one kid. Good to know you speak for all TG parents, you sound like a know it all toolbag. [/quote

Stop the one kid and you still lose!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid is coming over to YJ but the parents said they will only play on the Jones team. Tough decision for CR now. Stay tuned

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]None of the TG parents know or care who the best two middies on YJ Blue are. But the YJ parents are obsessed with TG2020 Black and know everything about the team. Sad ......

Whats sad is you are so clueless, there is nothing to know about your TG team other than stop the one kid. Good to know you speak for all TG parents, you sound like a know it all toolbag. [/quote

What happened when that one kid got tossed from your game against MD, you got smoked , was not even close .Remove that one kid and your team is average.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened when that one kid got tossed from your game against MD, you got smoked , was not even close .Remove that one kid and your team is average.

Average? Not even close! Were already losing when she got tossed! Lost yes, got smoked no.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's tough being at the top when people have to go back over a year and talk about the teams last loss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to address a few things. 1st I believe the father or mother was speaking about girls still growing up. Not 1 smaller kid in particular. 2nd the dad on 2020 yj blue that doesn't believe a couple of girls are so much better is just ignorant. Your kid stands out because what's on her head and not in it. Just because your coach tells you how great she is at $$$ training. Of course she will say that to keep the money train rolling along. You are nuts!!! Why do you care how good or bad tg is. 3rd I bet if you took the 2 better kids and put them on jones, and you took the 2 lesser kids (just saying) there is no doubt they would hand your team a loss. I know a couple of girls pretty well (seen them play for yrs). I bet if someone on our team reached out to them they may jump ship. 4th relax!!! Is your daughter having fun? Mine is and that is all that really matters. 5th. No way that girl going to jones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's tough being at the top when people have to go back over a year and talk about the teams last loss.

Only loss in two years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder what would happen if you split the team in half to go play 7v7 fall tournaments? Would the team with the dominate player win every time they matched up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to address a few things. 1st I believe the father or mother was speaking about girls still growing up. Not 1 smaller kid in particular. 2nd the dad on 2020 yj blue that doesn't believe a couple of girls are so much better is just ignorant. Your kid stands out because what's on her head and not in it. Just because your coach tells you how great she is at $$$ training. Of course she will say that to keep the money train rolling along. You are nuts!!! Why do you care how good or bad tg is. 3rd I bet if you took the 2 better kids and put them on jones, and you took the 2 lesser kids (just saying) there is no doubt they would hand your team a loss. I know a couple of girls pretty well (seen them play for yrs). I bet if someone on our team reached out to them they may jump ship. 4th relax!!! Is your daughter having fun? Mine is and that is all that really matters. 5th. No way that girl going to jones.

The core group on Jones is jumping ship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to TG Purple?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm absolutely amazed how many parents have no real sense. TG is better than YJ. Or Blue is better than Gold. Or these kids are the whole team. What is this all judged on? Other than Curcio playing Jones this season, what is this based on? National Draw? Neither TG Black or YJ Blue played many tough teams this season. Most were blowouts against teams that had no chance from the opening whistle. Including teams in their own club. Both teams have plenty of talent. Are there a couple of girls that may be better than most? Of course. But there are 12 girls on the field and they did a fine job for both clubs this season. Honestly, I hope it gets better as the girls get older because I don't think anyone enjoys these useless blowout tournaments. Except BS and CR, of course.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are they jumping to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to TG Purple?

Nope playing the friends and family card and going to curcio

Page 4 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard