BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25
Re: Girls 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's crazy that so many people have so much to say about other teams, why do you care? If your daughter is happy, growing and having fun that's all you should care about. Not all kids have a desire to play on a "top" team or even have the skill to do so but that doesn't mean they shouldn't play. Put your kid where they will succeed and have confidence and don't worry about what anyone else says. There are great people on every team and there are crazies on every team, you'll know if a team is right for your child and your family.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This was my older daughter's summer schedule. BTW National Draw is not a recruiting tournament Traveling with your 11 year old all over the Northeast to play other LI teams doesn't make your daughter better.
For the person who was asking about a good team for their daughter, read some of the comments here, the way they speak negatively about other programs; they bring that same crap to their sidelines!!
The ones that are on here just sayiing possitive stuff about their programs and not saying anything negative about other programs, I think says a lot about them and the programs they are involved in.

Summer Classic - June 7-8, Bel Air, MD 
Games on Saturday + Sunday

Player Waiver
Hotel: Best Western Plus Towson
Book Hotel
Schedule

Lax Inception - June 14-15 Bel Air, MD
 Games on Sat. + Sun.

Player Waiver
Hotel: Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn
Book Hotel
Schedule

The Grind - July 11-13 - Malvern, PA 

Player Waiver
Hotel: Double Tree Philadelphia Valley Forge *HOTEL CHANGE
Book Hotel

Capital Cup – July 17 - 18 - Midlothian, VA 
Games on Thursday + Friday

Player Waiver - team pin: SM4951
Hotel: Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Downtown
Book Hotel
Schedule

This was my daughter's 91 summer schedule.

Thank you Team 91 Directors for posting.

This was my point about poor communication from 91. Even on here the 91 staff posting the message above is posting hotel info for tournaments that have past. Their commuication is lazy. Example above. Nothing has changed.

You are something special Einstien.
I just copied my daughtet's last summer's schedule to disprove the comment that 91 doesn't go to top tourneys. Please read the whole thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I
This was my older daughter's summer schedule. BTW National Draw is not a recruiting tournament Traveling with your 11 year old all over the Northeast to play other LI teams doesn't make your daughter better.
For the person who was asking about a good team for their daughter, read some of the comments here, the way they speak negatively about other programs; they bring that same crap to their sidelines!!
The ones that are on here just sayiing possitive stuff about their programs and not saying anything negative about other programs, I think says a lot about them and the programs they are involved in.

Player Waiver
Book Hotel
Schedule

Games on Sat. + Sun.

Player Waiver
Book Hotel
Schedule

Player Waiver
Book Hotel

Book Hotel
Schedule

This was my point about poor communication from 91. Even on here the 91 staff posting the message above is posting hotel info for tournaments that have past. Their commuication is lazy. Example above. Nothing has changed.

I just copied my daughtet's last summer's schedule to disprove the comment that 91 doesn't go to top tourneys. Please read the whole thread.

Team 91 also placed these teams in some of the lowest divisions in each tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year 5 non travel girls on my daughters High School team went on to play in college 3 in divison 3 (2 via tryout, 1 recruited through video), 2 in division 2. I know for sure 1 of the d2 girls got some money not sure about the other one. Three of the freshman d3's got significant minutes. My other daughter plays travel because she likes it. Point is there is always a place to play in college if your interested even if you don't play travel. Now if you want that half ride, well I think most kids are born with that gene and just fine tune their skill through practice and a travel program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

Player Waiver
Book Hotel
Schedule

Games on Sat. + Sun.

Player Waiver
Book Hotel
Schedule

Player Waiver
Book Hotel

Book Hotel
Schedule

Team 91 also placed these teams in some of the lowest divisions in each tournament.

So not being in the orginization, you know where they asked to be placed? Are you the same person on here who is the schedule guru and says TG and YJ always manipulate their schedules?
Enjoy being on the 3rd YJ team and paying all that travel money to play othe YJ teams in other states.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. Good to know. Definitely not interested in sideline craziness . Uniondale is pretty easy to get to for us. I didn't realize that Express had a girls' program. Will look into that also.

As per Webster Dictionary............

Definition of Crazy: mad, insane <yelling like a crazy man> AKA Yellow Jacket Parent

Definition of Insane: mentally disordered : exhibiting insanity AKA Yellow Jacket Parent when daughter's team is losing

Crazy parents is one thing-crazy director AKA Elevate is just plain embarrassing

Dave is so crazy that he drops anything to help out any kid or family in need.

That is so true, In last two weeks he organized charities for 2 elevate families in need due to tragic incidents - not something you would EVER see from another club. Things he doesn't publicize. He and this club is really what it means to be part of a club.

Not to mention the charity work he does for underprivileged kids during the holiday season.

It's called marketing - that seems to be the on thing that elevate is good at - website looks great too and it's downhill from there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

Player Waiver
Book Hotel
Schedule

Games on Sat. + Sun.

Player Waiver
Book Hotel
Schedule

Player Waiver
Book Hotel

Book Hotel
Schedule

[lacrosse] YJ Parent I am shocked that 91 is sitting here bragging about the talent in their GIRLS program? Where in the world is this coming from? Yes they playing the YJ tournament and the best 91 team in most age groups is equal to about the 4th YJ and would lose to the 3rd YJ team. They are NOT a top team from Long Island. Where in the world is this coming from? The only LI teams I would say go and compete at a high level are YJ, TG and Elevate (at most, not all ages) but give them credit for going to the hard tournaments and playing the best teams out there). Team 91, really? I mean come on people! They are a C club at best playing B or C clubs in B level tournaments. Let's call it what it is and move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They used to say this about the boys 91 cub when it started. They had weak teams, would not be able to compete with express, etc. They got their boys program settled and soaring in about 6 years. During that time, they did lose sight of the girls program, which IMO- should not have been started until they solidified the boys program. I bet in a few years, 91 will be a strong girls club as well. It is about business, knowing lax/ having connections. Spallina knows about both. I think they will continue to bring in the bigger names for the girls, solid coaches, and in time you will see them growing. I find it interesting though, with the boys, they started focusing on the younger teams and grew the program up. With the girls, it appears they are focusing on some of the older teams first. GL to all the girls and may they land on a team where they are happy and learning. At the younger years, it should be about development and winning should not be a priority. The older years should be about exposure and recruitment. Winning is still important, but getting the kids into the right showcases and in front of the right coaches is half the battle. I think you will see continued positive growth in the girls program.

Yes, it's great to have the Spallina name, but they don't have the right Spallina involved on the girls side - the one who coached HS County champs, D2 national champs and now D1 Stony Brook. His focus is on the boys side.
[/quote]

Here is the real deal...... 91 is a boys club!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop comparing Elevate to Yellow Jackets and Top Gun. They are closer to the lower half teams you continue to bash on this thread than those two clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop comparing Elevate to Yellow Jackets and Top Gun. They are closer to the lower half teams you continue to bash on this thread than those two clubs.

That's not what the 2017 YJ parents were thinking when they lost to Elevate at the rise. Let's hear all the excuses.......

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughters 2021 Elevate team beat TG black at National Draw and lost 3-2 to the best YJ team in their last playoff game. I am confused why they can't be compared?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughters 2021 Elevate team beat TG black at National Draw and lost 3-2 to the best YJ team in their last playoff game. I am confused why they can't be compared?

unfortunately they will not have the talent pool to keep up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This seems to be the problem with LI- we have so many clubs, we dilute the talent pool. Imagine if we had three major clubs with three super teams? Then the B teams would also be fairly strong. Some clubs have one or two strong teams, but then the rest of the years are weak. I know everyone wants a piece of the pie, but it is hard to compete out of state sometimes when you have a lot of good teams coming from LI, but others states send 1-2 great teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's not what the 2017 YJ parents were thinking when they lost to Elevate at the rise. Let's hear all the excuses.......

I'm tired of this pathetic attempt to assert that 2017 Elevate is better than YJ.

No excuses will be offered for the 1goal loss at the Ride. I wasn't there. However, shouldn't you also remind everyone of the results at U15 Nationals? Elevate lost to both the YJ 2018 Blue and 2017 Gold teams. What do you think the result would have been had they played 2017 Blue?

Also, zero Elevate players made the U19 National Team. But, there are 5 YJ players among the 7 girls selected for the team from Long Island. Hopefully no one will be ignorant enough to accuse those evaluators of favoritism and bias.

Everyone on this thread knows that the Yellow Jackets program is very strong. All the "hating" comes from people who are wondering if their kid will get the same opportunities and exposure on other clubs. Figure that out and take your daughter to the appropriate tryout. This is not rocket science.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This seems to be the problem with LI- we have so many clubs, we dilute the talent pool. Imagine if we had three major clubs with three super teams? Then the B teams would also be fairly strong. Some clubs have one or two strong teams, but then the rest of the years are weak. I know everyone wants a piece of the pie, but it is hard to compete out of state sometimes when you have a lot of good teams coming from LI, but others states send 1-2 great teams.

Talent pool is diluted because there are too many teams on LI??? Seriously?

signed,
All parents in Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And lost to M&D 10-3 who had their goalie playing in the field and every other girl playing out of position as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Please stop comparing Elevate to Yellow Jackets and Top Gun. They are closer to the lower half teams you continue to bash on this thread than those two clubs.

And lost to M&D 10-3 who had their goalie playing in the field and every other girl playing out of position as well

Liberty black best team in the age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Please stop comparing Elevate to Yellow Jackets and Top Gun. They are closer to the lower half teams you continue to bash on this thread than those two clubs.

And lost to M&D 10-3 who had their goalie playing in the field and every other girl playing out of position as well

Liberty black best team in the age group

What's the best team in 2020?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not even close. TG did not loose a single game this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many overage girls do they have again? Play them in 2019's where they belong and they LOSE a lot ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many overage girls do they have again? Play them in 2019's where they belong and they LOSE a lot ...

There are NO overage (as you call them) currently on the TG 2020 black team. If you believe there are, which there are Not, give some proof to support your fictitious claim.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG.

Does that team have the dominant player from Pequa?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop with all of your accusations . My kid has been on the TG 20 Black for two years and every kid on the team is going into 7th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop with all of your accusations . My kid has been on the TG 20 Black for two years and every kid on the team is going into 7th grade.

Not sure if it is accurate, but the story goes a few of the girls repeated a grade and "re-classed" their graduation year. Not sure if it is true and I have no problem with it, but I believe that is the accusation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG.

What's a "Pequa"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG.

What's a "Pequa"?

Sorry from Massapequa. Your a lacrosse person and couldn't figure that out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG.

What's a "Pequa"?

Sorry from Massapequa. Your a lacrosse person and couldn't figure that out?

Thank you for the clarification but was the snide after remark necessary? This is why so many of the girls playing have [lacrosse] poor nasty attitudes on the field. Apparently the apples don't fall far from the trees.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is not even close to true. You have 4-5 true 2020 girls on that team who could play with and against 2019s and be just fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG.

Yes one of the goalies is from Massapequa!! Thank you for noticing !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is not even close to true. You have 4-5 true 2020 girls on that team who could play with and against 2019s and be just fine.

That isn't the point. All the top 2020 teams have true 2020 girls that could play up and do "just fine". The problem lies with older girls playing down. It is the problem with a grade based system instead of age based. Wrong-minded people are incented to hold their kids back. The TG 2020s have held back kids on the roster. Makes a big difference, particularly at the 11,12,13 age levels when physical development of girls tends to be drastic. It says nothing about their talent level, they are a very good team. Just one that has an age advantage, that's all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That isn't the point. All the top 2020 teams have true 2020 girls that could play up and do "just fine". The problem lies with older girls playing down. It is the problem with a grade based system instead of age based. Wrong-minded people are incented to hold their kids back. The TG 2020s have held back kids on the roster. Makes a big difference, particularly at the 11,12,13 age levels when physical development of girls tends to be drastic. It says nothing about their talent level, they are a very good team. Just one that has an age advantage, that's all.

There are no older kids on the team! I think what has you confused is that 7-8 of them played on the TG 2019 three years ago because they were that talented - let's move on now and find the next excuse because this one is bogus and has no merit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are no older kids on the team! I think what has you confused is that 7-8 of them played on the TG 2019 three years ago because they were that talented - let's move on now and find the next excuse because this one is bogus and has no merit

Impossible ! The whole team is older than everyone else ! Every single one of them is 14! They have to be because my daughter is the best and she would never lose to a team that plays by the rules!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Impossible ! The whole team is older than everyone else ! Every single one of them is 14! They have to be because my daughter is the best and she would never lose to a team that plays by the rules!

Actually, it is playing by the rules. The problem is the rules themselves. You shouldn't play by grade in a game as physical as lacrosse. Just like in hockey you should play by age. Kudos to TG 2020 for being a good team and playing by the rules, even if they have some older girls. The rules should be changed tho.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear BS went to all the 2020 girls houses when they were all 4 yrs old and payed for them to go to another year of pre-k so he could have all the older girls and beat everybody.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too funny . Why do you TG people even reply. Do you have kids on the team that are already 13 and thus are school hold backs , yes. Do you have kids that will turn 13 prior to December 1, yes, again making them school hold backs . Are these kids allowed to play in grade level tournaments , yes.If you took those kids off your team and put them on YJ or TG or SW would the outcome of those games be different , I believe so . If those teams took a few kids off their 2019 teams and played them would the outcomes of those games be different , I believe so. Your best players on TG 2020 happen to be older than many 2019 players, is what it is but why bother denying it , not illegal as the rules are at this time. What I find interesting is that your 2019 superstar is actually a 2020 graduation year yet she gets to pick what age she plays at ( good for her playing age appropriate ).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too funny . Why do you TG people even reply. Do you have kids on the team that are already 13 and thus are school hold backs , yes. Do you have kids that will turn 13 prior to December 1, yes, again making them school hold backs . Are these kids allowed to play in grade level tournaments , yes.If you took those kids off your team and put them on YJ or TG or SW would the outcome of those games be different , I believe so . If those teams took a few kids off their 2019 teams and played them would the outcomes of those games be different , I believe so. Your best players on TG 2020 happen to be older than many 2019 players, is what it is but why bother denying it , not illegal as the rules are at this time. What I find interesting is that your 2019 superstar is actually a 2020 graduation year yet she gets to pick what age she plays at ( good for her playing age appropriate ).

I don't know if TG 2020 has oldt kids or not. However, your explanation means that there are probably older kids on all teams at all age levels so I woud say it probably all equals out and is not anything to worry about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to this poster who seems to know the details, the TG person who said "There are no older kids on the team! I think what has you confused is that 7-8 of them played on the TG 2019 three years ago because they were that talented - let's move on now and find the next excuse because this one is bogus and has no merit"
Is flat out lying. Are you a liar?????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe some of the kids were held back a grade for legitimate reasons unrelated to lacrosse. I do notice an inordinate number of grammar and usage errors on many of the posts. Perhaps maybe there is a little too much emphasis on lacrosse as college tool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to this poster who seems to know the details, the TG person who said "There are no older kids on the team! I think what has you confused is that 7-8 of them played on the TG 2019 three years ago because they were that talented - let's move on now and find the next excuse because this one is bogus and has no merit"
Is flat out lying. Are you a liar?????

They will not reply because they are the [lacrosse] person who knows the truth but refuses to discuss it. They try to misdirect but notice no TG 2020 parent will come on here and deny they have school age holdbacks.

Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard