BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,715
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 159 of 327 1 2 157 158 159 160 161 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Us neither. You are dead on That's often exactly what happens. It's the most convenient way. Thank you for clarifying.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Couldn't agree more with the previous parent post regarding Elevate. Besides the noted coaching issue which is a HUGE problem when the head coach misses half of the tournaments, they actually charged you for the uniform on top of the team fee. To make matters worse the uniform sizing was scheduled at the last minute that then required the parents to not only go to a retail store for sizing but then to go back and pick them up. Unfortunately the organization like most became all about the almighty dollar.

That may have been the funniest thing I have ever heard in this forum. All teams make you go somewhere for uniforms. Wait, you should go to YJs. If you make a top team CR will send a tailor to your house so your daughter can have it fitted in the comfort of her own home. Hahhaha. That was really funny that you wrote that. I'm not sure you as a parent are cut out for travel lax if that's your issue.

In my experience with two lax clubs and several soccer and basketball clubs, the club gets a few sample sizes, tells you where and when to go to try them on for size (somebody's house, a practice, a neutral location like a school), and then they get distributed at a practice. I've never had to go to a retail store to try and then buy.

You would think for all you pay they would make it easy. YJ's want you wearing that ridiculus bee on everything in your closet morning noon and night

At least TG has nice uniforms

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pinnies. Just new ones finally

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it's who I think it is, she was on TG Black, not white. I also have no idea what you're talking about with SS "town." [/quote]

There were 4 or 5 girls who walked off black last year, all went to YJs. Not 4 or 5 who didn't make the cut, they left. Sounds like it was a good move for some of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 titanium 2017 is the team to try out for light years above orange .

The 91 Orange 2017 team cannot compete on the same level ad any TG, YJ or Elevate team. They are a step above PAL, save your money.

I agree, I saw them play this summer. Titanium is NOT that good at all. I also know the other 91 girls age groups are just awful. The third team in my daughters club would beat most of the top 91 teams. Previous poster is correct. Save your money.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there were three or four girls on the team who actually knew what they were doing… but others were not as talented and weren't ready to play at this level. the head coach was quite a nut case and had no business coaching with his lacrosse experience… that also did not help the team with getting as many wins as they should have. 91 also created titanium out of nowhere, they made it select and elite not giving other girls a chance to show what they have to offer.

That sounds like the 91 team my daughter played on for one year - then we left

This is EXACTLY the 91 Team that my friends daughter played on last year. I went to watch them at a tournament and was amazed that was the product they put on the field. I know the 91 boys are good. The dropoff between the boys and girls is like jumping off a steep cliff!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there were three or four girls on the team who actually knew what they were doing… but others were not as talented and weren't ready to play at this level. the head coach was quite a nut case and had no business coaching with his lacrosse experience… that also did not help the team with getting as many wins as they should have. 91 also created titanium out of nowhere, they made it select and elite not giving other girls a chance to show what they have to offer.

This is EXACTLY the 91 Team that my friends daughter played on last year. I went to watch them at a tournament and was amazed that was the product they put on the field. I know the 91 boys are good. The dropoff between the boys and girls is like jumping off a steep cliff!

fl$ is in the same boat. Boys are good by the girls are non-existent. They have combined teams in some age groups just to field a team these days. Wonder if they can hang on another year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

fl$ is in the same boat. Boys are good by the girls are non-existent. They have combined teams in some age groups just to field a team these days. Wonder if they can hang on another year.

Yeah, the girls 91 and fl$ boats are sinking fast. I would think at some point soon they will pull the plug on these programs and jst stick with the boys. I cant imagine for what they have with the girls it makes financial sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, the girls 91 and fl$ boats are sinking fast. I would think at some point soon they will pull the plug on these programs and jst stick with the boys. I cant imagine for what they have with the girls it makes financial sense.

Would you put 91 and fl$ at the Beach Bum level? I would think they are all C level clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would you put 91 and fl$ at the Beach Bum level? I would think they are all C level clubs?

Beach Bums as a club... C. Some age groups B, or one age group B, then the rest of the ages between C and D.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I oversimplifing it or are the teams broken down as follows

A YJ and TG
B Elevate and Liberty
C All other teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has to be true , I guess I have to just try have my daughter try out for the YJ's then , if its on the internet it must be true right???

91 titanium 2017 is the team to try out for light years above orange .

The 91 Orange 2017 team cannot compete on the same level ad any TG, YJ or Elevate team. They are a step above PAL, save your money.

I agree, I saw them play this summer. Titanium is NOT that good at all. I also know the other 91 girls age groups are just awful. The third team in my daughters club would beat most of the top 91 teams. Previous poster is correct. Save your money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A YJ and TG
B Elevate and Liberty
C All other teams

TG is between A and B, not an elite level at enough age groups yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A YJ and TG
B Elevate and Liberty
C All other teams

TG is between A and B, not an elite level at enough age groups yet.

Liberty is b/c

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great marketing DAVE!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A YJ and TG
B Elevate and Liberty
C All other teams

This is generally a pretty accurate assessment but I do think there are TG teams that can't compete with YJ teams and would make TG closer to B in many levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe to put it in a more regional/national context it would look like this:

AA YJ, Sky walkers, M&D etc

A Top Guns

B Elevate and Liberty

C All other teams

Point being their a few super elite teams and YJ is one of them. TG as a whole is next step down but still competes at a high level outside LI.

Fair?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Top Guns

B Elevate and Liberty

C All other teams

Point being their a few super elite teams and YJ is one of them. TG as a whole is next step down but still competes at a high level outside LI.

Fair?

Yes but I still think that Liberty has some C teams and there are a lot of LI clubs I have seen that would not be C but actually D teams. Teams such as Icon, beach bums, jesters, some 91 teams, fl$, etc. that would be in a D category. And while you write (etc) in the AA group I don't think many other teams would be added to that category.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Top Guns

B Elevate and Liberty

C All other teams

Fair?

I think that's very accurate. Well done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Top Guns

B Elevate and Liberty

C All other teams

Fair?

Besides YJs, every other club has some not so competitive top teams, especially Elevate. I have seen top TG and Liberty teams that were good, but not great by any way.

The truth may hurt some people, but when it comes to winning, there's the jackets and then every other Long Island team grouped together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Top Guns

B Elevate and Liberty

C All other teams

Fair?

Besides YJs, every other club has some not so competitive top teams, especially Elevate. I have seen top TG and Liberty teams that were good, but not great by any way.

The truth may hurt some people, but when it comes to winning, there's the jackets and then every other Long Island team grouped together.

How's your 2020 group doing against the group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Top Guns

B Elevate and Liberty

C All other teams

Fair?

Agree - this is pretty accurate with exceptions within some age groups

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Top Guns

B Elevate and Liberty

C All other teams

Fair?

You're a jackass. The poster gave you the credit, but that wasn't enough for you...you're pitiful

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Top Guns

B Elevate and Liberty

C All other teams

Fair?

You're a jackass. The poster gave you the credit, but that wasn't enough for you...you're pitiful

I agree you are pathetic, what are you a "anonymous lacrosse guru." Within one particular club some grade levels could be strong or weak, there are a lot of variables. You really can't generalize any one club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Top Guns

B Elevate and Liberty

C All other teams

Fair?

I think this is accurate but there is definitely a D level as there are so many teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Top Guns

B Elevate and Liberty

C All other teams

Fair?

I agree you are pathetic, what are you a "anonymous lacrosse guru." Within one particular club some grade levels could be strong or weak, there are a lot of variables. You really can't generalize any one club.

You can't generalize one club? But that is exactly what the original poster did with his A,B,C classifications. Why didn't you call him pathetic? I know why , because you are mad at HOW the more recent generalizations classified the teams, not necessarily that they are generalized. Hypocritical maybe? It seems you had no problem with the generalizations when TG was generalized in a high ranking fashion , but you get angry when you don't agree with differing opinions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes this is accurate because its on the internet !

A Top Guns

B Elevate and Liberty

C All other teams

Fair?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Top Guns

B Elevate and Liberty

C All other teams

Fair?

Yes but I still think that Liberty has some C teams and there are a lot of LI clubs I have seen that would not be C but actually D teams. Teams such as Icon, beach bums, jesters, some 91 teams, fl$, etc. that would be in a D category. And while you write (etc) in the AA group I don't think many other teams would be added to that category.

So basically all the BOYS programs are "D" GIRS programs (91, jesters, fl$, etc.). That actually makes sense as the girls are not their first priority.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Top Guns

B Elevate and Liberty

C All other teams

Fair?

I don't think Icon should be in the '91 catagory. They beat TG at the Hofstra tourny and looked very good. My daughter does not play for them, yet. But I can say after a few years that 91 is done. Darcy is awesome but they don't have the talent to take the girls to the next level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Top Guns

B Elevate and Liberty

C All other teams

Fair?

How's your 2020 group doing against the group?

They're great they win a lot! However, that's bound to happen when you only play your own club at most of the tournament you attend. One of the teams I definitely going to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Top Guns

B Elevate and Liberty

C All other teams

Fair?

I don't think Icon should be in the '91 catagory. They beat TG at the Hofstra tourny and looked very good. My daughter does not play for them, yet. But I can say after a few years that 91 is done. Darcy is awesome but they don't have the talent to take the girls to the next level.

Which TG White Team to the top Icon team beat, what age group was that in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughters friend is playing for titanium , and i do know that team is really competitive and has some strong talent which this summer have gone beyond the expectations that 91 could ever imagine. I am not saying they are yellow jacket material as that is where we play , but not far off to say they can compete .I do know that they had played Elevate through their pick up team over the winter and they competed very close in point margin , this all together shows progress in 91 program where years ago they couldn't even beat a PAL team. . You give credit when its do , not every program is as bad as people on here make it out to be !

A Top Guns

B Elevate and Liberty

C All other teams

Fair?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what age topguns won national draw, beating YJ, skywalkers and M&D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what age topguns won national draw, beating YJ, skywalkers and M&D.

2020 Black

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can not list just yellow jackets. I think to be accurate you need to state blue. As a tg parent, I agree your top team is awesome but the others, not so much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what age topguns beat Yj this year in Maryland?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can not list just yellow jackets. I think to be accurate you need to state blue. As a tg parent, I agree your top team is awesome but the others, not so much.

Yes. The post was meant to rank just the top teams at each club. Thank you for the clarification.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All these programs have some nice coaching but be honest, the best talent is choosing to play for yellow jackets so almost anyone could coach them and be successful. A handful of practices isn't changing anything. The kids are making these teams, not the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The college coaches don't seem to agree. Look at the commitments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The college coaches don't seem to agree. Look at the commitments.

Yes, you should look at the commitments and the percentage in each age group. If you have 5 teams at 1 age group and only the top 2 teams with great commitments the percentage is pretty poor for that age group. As opposed to 2 teams that have almost full commitments. It is funny how you forget about those 3rd, 4th and 5th teams as if they don't exist in your organization.

Like Reply Quote
Page 159 of 327 1 2 157 158 159 160 161 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard