BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 29 1 2 3 4 28 29
Re: Boys 2023 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
South Shore Thunder has some of the best 2023 kids on Long Island. They play for elite travel teams as well as their town. SST does a nice job. Kudos to their kids and families that supported a great day of lax for a good cause.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
South Shore Thunder has some of the best 2023 kids on Long Island. They play for elite travel teams as well as their town. SST does a nice job. Kudos to their kids and families that supported a great day of lax for a good cause.

Yeah okay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Maniac
Plainedge plays there 4th & 5th graders in the 3rd grade brackets at theses tournaments so i hope they look good against 3rd graders..

Your out of your mind! I am the coach of the 2023 Plainedge Maniacs team and I will never risk the health and well being of anyone on the field by playing a boy who is not the correct age or grade. I coach the game to these boys and stress honor and sportsmanship. Anyone that knows me knows that. Step out from behind the Anonymous shield and put a name to that complete and total lie. Name one instance ever that the 2023 team played with older players on their sidelines. You are taking away from the great group of kids and families that we have in the Plainedge community that are trying to build a good lacrosse program.

You should have them take the 4th grade stickers off of their helmets then... Gives other teams the wrong idea.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many smaller towns have combined teams during the season just to field a team.So that 2023 kid may very well play on the 4th grade team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What stickers are you talking about? All Plainedge helmets are the same. Some of the boys may have stickers from there travel team but nothing that would indicate a particular grade.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if the Bandits or Honey Badgers are looking to make significant changes to their teams? Are the tryouts just money grabs or do kids that were not those teams last year have a real shot at making it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if the Bandits or Honey Badgers are looking to make significant changes to their teams? Are the tryouts just money grabs or do kids that were not those teams last year have a real shot at making it?

Is this a serious question? Neither of these teams are going to make significant changes. Maybe upgrade 2 or 3 players to add depth to the bench. Unless you have been approached you are trying out for the B teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this a serious question? Neither of these teams are going to make significant changes. Maybe upgrade 2 or 3 players to add depth to the bench. Unless you have been approached you are trying out for the B teams.

it's a serious question. When you advertise tryouts for a team team and charge money parents should know if there are any spots open. Otherwise its called fraud. clubs should have to post what positions are available

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it's a serious question. When you advertise tryouts for a team team and charge money parents should know if there are any spots open. Otherwise its called fraud. clubs should have to post what positions are available

It cuts both ways. If they made significant changes plenty of parents on here would argue there is no loyalty. I think the reality is if the team is successful they will keep the core group and probably turnover the bottom 6 or 7 roster spots to either add depth or more likely to replace turnover for kids that leave who were not playing many minutes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wishful thinking dad... If a kid tries out and he's better than your kid then your kid is gone. You're going to see a tremendous influx of new talent trying out this year now that the boys are a bit older. Traditionally, 4th grade is when most parents consider travel lax. The little kids that could catch in 2nd grade made Bandits and HB. I will bet you that you'll see about 8 new kids on each team. The coaches don't care about you OR little Johnny. They want the best kids available.

Time for a reality check...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is frustrating for sure. The elite teams are definitely more of an invite process, but I am sure if a kid wows the evaluators, there is a chance of making a team that didn't have an opening. Either they will be added or bump a player. However, they are advertising try outs- not for specific teams, so I don't think it is fraud. A call to the director may be able to help clear up which teams are looking for which positions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have friends with kids on both teams. I've heard that Bandits are looking to upgrade more size at middie and a second goalie. HB are looking to upgrade at defense. Both are looking for more physical lefty attackmen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would anyone know completely what is available. On the other hand, you are asking about some of the best if not the best teams in the area, so you must believe your kid has some RP3 in him. Why not roll the dice, it is going to be a challenge for your boy. Let him see how he stacks up against the best. Maybe he is right there and needs a little work on his weak hand, maybe he needs to play with more (or less) control. It might be good for him to see how they play/practice. At a minimum he will get two reasonable runs in and a pinnie (ok he has enough pinnies I am sure). Good Luck, and remember that $85 or $100 is not what it used to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every top team adds. But remember when these teams played at the 2023/U9 level won every game. The only two games the Badgers lost was to the Bandits. That means they have talented kids. However, if kids show up that are clearly better, they'll take them. That means catching and throwing with the off hand for starters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are kids from both the Honey Badgers and Bandits looking to go elsewhere. Sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side, but its worth a look. The True Blue rising 4th grade 2023 team is apparently creating a buzz with new additions from other programs. I heard they have kids committed from other elite teams that will allow this team to be significantly better and compete. Tryouts will be exciting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Committed! Cant wait for a 2024 to re neg on the verbal to a youth team. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are kids from both the Honey Badgers and Bandits looking to go elsewhere. Sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side, but its worth a look. The True Blue rising 4th grade 2023 team is apparently creating a buzz with new additions from other programs. I heard they have kids committed from other elite teams that will allow this team to be significantly better and compete. Tryouts will be exciting!

Creating a buzz, stop it. They aren't getting any players from the Bandits or Badgers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Creating a buzz, stop it. They aren't getting any players from the Bandits or Badgers.

True Blue creating buzz! Ha! LOL!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honey Badger coaches are holding per-tryout practices for their team and they are opening it up to any rising 4th grader looking to join their team. I think it's a great idea to allow the kids a more intimate look instead of getting lost in the 100 's of kids at tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's detailed on the the honey badger website. Not sure where the practice is. If anyone knows. Please post it here. R

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's interesting to hear considering my son was on the team last year and I have not heard a word about this. Guess the writing is on the wall?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wishful thinking dad... If a kid tries out and he's better than your kid then your kid is gone. You're going to see a tremendous influx of new talent trying out this year now that the boys are a bit older. Traditionally, 4th grade is when most parents consider travel lax. The little kids that could catch in 2nd grade made Bandits and HB. I will bet you that you'll see about 8 new kids on each team. The coaches don't care about you OR little Johnny. They want the best kids available.

Time for a reality check...

the reality check is there will be 100+ kids trying out for 8 spots. Your kid will get
limited opportunities to shine so will need to stand out when given the chance. Lots of variables. Last year the tryouts were very unorganized.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not that spots are available, it's your son having to standout and take a spot away. That's how this works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are talking about. My son is on the team also and if you read your emails, you'll see the event is a practice for existing Badgers with an open invite for others who can play at that level. Stop being so paranoid. It's a great process

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
totally not unorganized. They had 3 more tryouts to ensure the right kids were picked. Your kid is obviously not that good. Accept it and stop bashing the process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
totally not unorganized. They had 3 more tryouts to ensure the right kids were picked. Your kid is obviously not that good. Accept it and stop bashing the process.

My son is more than happy as a Bandit. The 91 tryout is in another league compared to Express as far as organization and each kid getting a fair look. They did in two tryouts what Express needed 5 tryouts to do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is more than happy as a Bandit. The 91 tryout is in another league compared to Express as far as organization and each kid getting a fair look. They did in two tryouts what Express needed 5 tryouts to do.

Great. I wish you nothing but the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are talking about. My son is on the team also and if you read your emails, you'll see the event is a practice for existing Badgers with an open invite for others who can play at that level. Stop being so paranoid. It's a great process

Been there already, express takes up to 10 new kids a year until about 5th grade and then starts narrowing it down to the 3-5 positions they need to fill. I know it's tough medicine for parents of express kids in the 3-4 grade, but express is not a feel good organization, they are all about winning. They will take bigger, tougher faster kids year after year, no loyalty. I am not putting them down, it's the right strategy to be the best but do so e sole searching, is your kid in the top 10 on the team? If not he will get cut this year or next.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Figured you were a Bandit Dad. Not a biased view at all, right?

LOL

Listen, if you want to be on a team where 5 kids never leave the field and you're one of the 5, great. If you aren't, you're a fool to stay. They are 3rd/4th graders. Sitting on the sideline is teaching them nothing. There were games when a Bandit player never got on the field after traveling 5 hours and paying for a hotel. You're paying for the other kids to get better. Wake up.

This is the time when your kid should be playing in games and learning lacrosse IQ, not just being on a winning team. What good does that do him if he never contributes to the wins?

Man, sometimes I wonder about the mentality of you parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure, because it's much easier when you have to take the 15 coaches kids and the kid who's Dad is so far up the coaches ARSH all you see is his tiny feet hanging out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try getting a first goalie. The one they had was a 4th grader last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man, sometimes I wonder about the mentality of you parents. [/quote]

That says it all...the kids are in the 3/4 grade- let them learn and HAVE FUN.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately, you are correct this is the reality for 91 and Express. Difference is 91 gets there sooner, so if you think the "everyone plays" game plan for express is here to stay, ask around. And no, your team or coach isn't different. Express appears more welcoming at the 3rd grade level then each year they cut 8-10, unequal playing time until they get to the best 20 they can find, and only 13 play. Difference between 91 and express is 91 doesn't pretend, they do this at 3rd grade, express Does it over the course of 2 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, the one thing I've decided after reading this thread is that my son won't be trying out for either HB or Bandits. You're all insane. Don't you have more important things to worry about than 3rd/4th grade lacrosse? Anyone have any helpful suggestions/comments regarding any of the other organizations?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played for coach Lange on Legacy. Great coach with values. Very good experience

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, the one thing I've decided after reading this thread is that my son won't be trying out for either HB or Bandits. You're all insane. Don't you have more important things to worry about than 3rd/4th grade lacrosse? Anyone have any helpful suggestions/comments regarding any of the other organizations?

Don't let a FEW people pollute your views. The Badgers really have a great lax enviorment and the team is very good. And I say that honestly. My kid didn't start, but played enough. However, the development is off the charts. We practiced at least 50 times and the coaches are fully dedicated. I encourage you to draw your own conclusions. And without knowing anything about the Bandits I would say give them the benefit of the doubt as well. Ps this is travel lax you'll encounter crazy parents everywhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding with the " we want you " slogan pre tryout. What are you The Marines ? That is the most pathetic action I've ever seen in this insane lacrosse world . This "boom" is going to burn out pretty much every kid by the time they are in 7th grade. The clubs don't care . They are laughing to the bank.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the kids that are still away at camp?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents, please have your sons play another sport. Stop specializing in only lax and your child will not only be better at lacrosse but will well rounded. Some of these programs are focusing too much on practice, practice, practice. Lacrosse used to be a spring sport!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding with the " we want you " slogan pre tryout. What are you The Marines ? That is the most pathetic action I've ever seen in this insane lacrosse world . This "boom" is going to burn out pretty much every kid by the time they are in 7th grade. The clubs don't care . They are laughing to the bank.

What are you talking about?

Page 2 of 29 1 2 3 4 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard