BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 128 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait a minute...I competed in the all galaxy games as a rep of the southern milky way planets all-south team. I am an authority on all things good and know evil when I see it, do to my vast inter-galactic experiences. Top that....oh and I drove the lunar rover in the Sea of Tranquility. Please, gag us all... Olympian.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wait a minute...I competed in the all galaxy games as a rep of the southern milky way planets all-south team. I am an authority on all things good and know evil when I see it, do to my vast inter-galactic experiences. Top that....oh and I drove the lunar rover in the Sea of Tranquility. Please, gag us all... Olympian.

Who are you people? Scarier than a terrorist cell in Baltimore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the point was about sportsmanship, and you....no wait, never mind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree with your post. My boys play for a strong 7th grade philly team and we played several teams comprised of all-stars from multiple states such as 3d, West Coast Starz, CSC, etc. While these teams are good and getting better, they still have a bit to go to catch-up...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
more from fl$ 3d (this event deserves it's own thread)

I received links to the video I stupidly bought. Amateur quality camera work. Plenty of missed action from my son's games. Another waste of $$$$

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering having my son tryout for Crabs this year, for the first time. Any advice? Good idea or no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a current Crabs parent, if you want your son to have an opportunity to compete against the best, to be well coached with an emphasis on making him a better player and winning, then try-out. Its is way better to have tried and failed, than to never compete and become a hater on the forum. As you can see this site is full of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not limit your son to one team or another. If he wants to play club, be sure to hit 4 or 5 tryouts and talk to the coach about the schedule for the club. Some clubs practice much more than others (fall, winter, indoor, etc.) Some clubs do fall and winter leagues as well as spring NPYLL. You need to find the one that meets your level of commitment and your kids dedication to the sport.

At the very least I would recommend attending:

Crabs: www.baltimorelacrosseclub.net - starts 8/17.
Annapolis Hawks: www.annapolishawks.com - starts this weekend.
Baltimore Breakers: www.breakerslacrosseclub.com - starts 8/17.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the input. The NPYLL, where are most of the games played? Someone had told me around DC in most cases. Is that true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NPYLL games are played at the home team's field - so anywhere from northern Baltimore, to Kent Island, to Northern VA and Hagerstown.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have experience with goalie training at Crabs?
We are currently at a club (not naming names, not trying to bash anyone), that gives the goalies nothing more than, hey, get in the goal and we'll shoot on you. No real instruction.
Just wondering what their training for goalies is like. Thanks in advance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are currently at a club (not naming names, not trying to bash anyone), that gives the goalies nothing more than, hey, get in the goal and we'll shoot on you. No real instruction.

Unfortunately this is what almost all clubs do with there goalies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same in LI. Fortunately my son landed on a team where the coach gives the goalies some time during warm ups and works with them individually. I just think most coaches have no goalie experience and do not know how to help them or pinpoint what they need to improve on- other than saves and clears. A good goalie trainer can make or break a kid. sadly, they are few and far between.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA in Maryland brings in a goalie coach to work with upper age groups (U13-2017)...top notch training...the gentleman is hired privately by a lot of goalies in the area

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree 100%. My son has played on teams where one of the coaches was a goalie and they still do nothing with there goalies. Whats worse though IMO is when a coach that knows nothing about the position trys to "correct" things with the goalie.

Same in LI. Fortunately my son landed on a team where the coach gives the goalies some time during warm ups and works with them individually. I just think most coaches have no goalie experience and do not know how to help them or pinpoint what they need to improve on- other than saves and clears. A good goalie trainer can make or break a kid. sadly, they are few and far between.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree 100%. My son has played on teams where one of the coaches was a goalie and they still do nothing with there goalies. Whats worse though IMO is when a coach that knows nothing about the position trys to "correct" things with the goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA in Maryland brings in a goalie coach to work with upper age groups (U13-2017)...top notch training...the gentleman is hired privately by a lot of goalies in the area

I think you are referring to ex-Towson coach "The Goalie Man" who helps Quint out at Summer camps. He is terrific and does personal instruction. I am constantly amazed to keep hearing about such top clubs that provide NO goalie instruction. There are a few clubs that can do this, FCA is one and most prominently 3d has collected a few goalies who were looking for instruction away from MadLax and VLC where there was none. I think one poster is right...a little bit of instruction at that position is a difference maker for a kid developing the right footwork and lacrosse IQ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of this instruction is usually one on one lessons or 2 to 3 kids. It is also for a fee that is beyond the club fee. Clubs might bring in someone for free here and there for a practice or clinic but all clubs in the Baltimore area have a point where if the kid wants more it costs money and they hook him up with a position specific instructor. Fyi.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are referring to ex-Towson coach "The Goalie Man" who helps Quint out at Summer camps. He is terrific and does personal instruction. I am constantly amazed to keep hearing about such top clubs that provide NO goalie instruction. There are a few clubs that can do this, FCA is one and most prominently 3d has collected a few goalies who were looking for instruction away from MadLax and VLC where there was none. I think one poster is right...a little bit of instruction at that position is a difference maker for a kid developing the right footwork and lacrosse IQ.

How has 3D taken Goalies away from Madlax/VLC if this fall is the first year 3d will be in VA?

FUZE hasn't taken away anything from those clubs, FUZE is non-competitive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hawks bring in Ray Finnegan to work with the goalies. He does a great job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA of Maryland has a goalie coach as mentioned above, they bring in Brent Hiken (MLL Outlaws) for faceoff work, during the summer top NCAA Div I players (Kelly - UNC, Connell-UNC, Deemer Class - Duke, Garrett Epple - ND) just to name a few...combine that with coaches that all have top DI experience...makes for a good recipe, will be seeing more of FCA in the near future!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News flash. All of the top clubs do the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News flash. All of the top clubs do the same.

Not here on Long Island they don't unless for an additional fee.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Crabs do Indoor training, is that included in the pricetag or do they charge extra? Do Crabs bring in outside training for specialty positions? What is included in the price? Looking for a club, but don't want to get nickeled and dimed at every turn

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How has 3D taken Goalies away from Madlax/VLC if this fall is the first year 3d will be in VA?

FUZE hasn't taken away anything from those clubs, FUZE is non-competitive

3d does MD teams and Mid-Atlantic team for HS aged kids. Those teams have taken away players from Madlax and VLC, including a D1 goalie commit and two youth team goalies. They have two MLL goalies as coaches to work with the kids. The 3d Virginia / Fuze thing, not sure about. Agreed on Fuze being a pretty low end team. This Fall will be first round of 3d teams after the Fuze Virginia acquisition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3D was a bust. The best kids in MD and DC didn't flock to 3D. The kids who tried 3D were kids looking for more playing time.

That may change, but the talent at Fuze is pretty thin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3D no different than the other late comers trying to glean players from the established clubs. Nothing new here or special with their teams.....as bad as their [lacrosse] poor tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone interested in 3d be forewarned, you will get great instruction but may not play. 3d likes to bring kids in from other regions to play. You can travel to a tourney, pay fees and hotel costs to watch kids you never saw before play on your "team" If your player enjoys developing chemistry with other players, 3d might not be a good program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Munro plays favorites to the Colorado and Cali kids.
No way 3d competes locally with Crabs, Breakers, FCA or VLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone interested in 3d be forewarned, you will get great instruction but may not play. 3d likes to bring kids in from other regions to play. You can travel to a tourney, pay fees and hotel costs to watch kids you never saw before play on your "team" If your player enjoys developing chemistry with other players, 3d might not be a good program.

Hey, thanks for the advice Ryan!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did 3D ever apologize for that FLD in 3D tournament? What a fiasco.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Crabs do Indoor training, is that included in the pricetag or do they charge extra? Do Crabs bring in outside training for specialty positions? What is included in the price? Looking for a club, but don't want to get nickeled and dimed at every turn

Crabs are hands down the best program..
Breakers, Hawks, FCA will have their moments.
Crabs set the standard.
End of story

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why people think breakers is an elite program. Average at best. They play weak tourneys. Fca isn't elite yet. Could be considered that in a few years. Their best teams are really greene turtle teams and their younger teams are very average to below average.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean like the way Crabs brings in kids from their older teams when they play really tough competition? Is that what you mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3D / Fuze played before the Bayhawks game yesterday. 3d/fuze apparently just dumped the Fuze part of the name and gave all the gear with Fuze still on it away for free - so the kids and families were decked out nicely in fuze gear. The Annapolis Rec club AYLA beat them easily. No real changes to the program coaches or philosophy yet other than going from non-profit to for-profit apparently.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3D / Fuze played before the Bayhawks game yesterday. 3d/fuze apparently just dumped the Fuze part of the name and gave all the gear with Fuze still on it away for free - so the kids and families were decked out nicely in fuze gear. The Annapolis Rec club AYLA beat them easily. No real changes to the program coaches or philosophy yet other than going from non-profit to for-profit apparently.

Have you really been reduced to making these mean spirited observations about U-9 kids from some pohick in Virginia playing against an Annapolis rec team? Wow, that really makes a bold statement about the caliber of another rival club.

And do you mean for-profit like Crabs taking in club fees into a 501-C-3 entity and then the sole owner of that entity directing most of that money into tournament fees in a for-profit company also solely owned and managed by the same guy? Have another cheeseburger Ryan and hope the IRS has better things to do than read this board and audit your company.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Said the guy who's kid couldn't make the Crabs...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ouch....................

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My understanding is that there are two new 3d teams: 3d Virginia/Fuze, and 3d Mid-Atlantic/Maryland. The mid-atlantic team is based out of Annapolis, but pulls heavily from Virginia. It is invite-only and I believe just has a high school team right now. This is the team that several of VLC 2017 kids defected to, not the Virginia team. Never seen them play, but have heard that they are really good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Untrue. A couple of Madlax and a couple of VLC kids joined this team over the sumer, which is a combo team. Basically kids who weren't happy about playing time.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 128 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard