BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 51 52
Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
BOTC is opening our Fall 2014 through Summer 2015 thread covering the Boys 2018 age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: Anonymous
How many people have received their invites from Philly Freshman Showcase. Are they all out yet or are they still sending them out? What hotels to stay in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told by a reliable source that they are not out yet. There are a few people with connections that know they are getting one...

Again, not first hand info.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was told by a reliable source that they are not out yet. There are a few people with connections that know they are getting one...

First hand, some have been received

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is your club team playing in the event the next day? Just wondering?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

honestly do not know the answer to that, tryouts haven't even been announced and don't know what team he will be on or what the fall schedule will be

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
some of the express terps kids got them as early as last month

honestly do not know the answer to that, tryouts haven't even been announced and don't know what team he will be on or what the fall schedule will be

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think some people may be confused about this event. It is a two day event, club teams playing on Sunday, individuals playing on Saturday.

the invites everyone is waiting on are for the Saturday individual event. for the Sunday event, yes our team is going but we have not yest received the individual invite for Saturday although we are told my son will get one.

Like everything else in life, if you are the top four players on your AA travel team, you will get an invite. If you are on terps, extreme, dukes, you can probably get invite if coach ranks you top 7...

For those that are just waiting, make sure you tell your coach that you want to get your son in. If you leave this one to luck, you wont get the invite to Saturday...

The guys sending the invites are doing so based upon coach recommendations. so if Mike C or sal say my whole team should be picked, the philly guys will say we can't do that so give me your top 7 or so choices. For realistic people who know where they stand on their club, use your HS coach if you are not top of club team...

Some free advice from someone that has been through this before...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
some of the express terps kids got them as early as last month

hard to believe that anybody was invited in June

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think some people may be confused about this event. It is a two day event, club teams playing on Sunday, individuals playing on Saturday.

the invites everyone is waiting on are for the Saturday individual event. for the Sunday event, yes our team is going but we have not yest received the individual invite for Saturday although we are told my son will get one.

Like everything else in life, if you are the top four players on your AA travel team, you will get an invite. If you are on terps, extreme, dukes, you can probably get invite if coach ranks you top 7...

For those that are just waiting, make sure you tell your coach that you want to get your son in. If you leave this one to luck, you wont get the invite to Saturday...

The guys sending the invites are doing so based upon coach recommendations. so if Mike C or sal say my whole team should be picked, the philly guys will say we can't do that so give me your top 7 or so choices. For realistic people who know where they stand on their club, use your HS coach if you are not top of club team...

Some free advice from someone that has been through this before...

spot on post, the only thing I would add is if you have been contacted or in contact with a college and/or have a relationship with a college coach, they can also recommend a player and college coach recommendations carry a lot of weight

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i posted above that the invites weren't out, my kid got one this afternoon...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

congrats

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well done... i wouldn't get your hopes up and don't get discouraged. 36 of the 200 were from Long Island, but that is still quite low with the talent pool.

Last year breakdown:
LI Express - 12
Team91 - 8
fl$ - 6
Team LI - 4
LI Outlaws - 3
GC - 2
Jesters - 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where do you see the invites? webpage somewhere?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well done... i wouldn't get your hopes up and don't get discouraged. 36 of the 200 were from Long Island, but that is still quite low with the talent pool.

Last year breakdown:
LI Express - 12
Team91 - 8
fl$ - 6
Team LI - 4
LI Outlaws - 3
GC - 2
Jesters - 1

There were 232 invited last year.... and 55 were from NY and the above listed were from Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where do you see the invites? webpage somewhere?

Last years!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What ever happened to the guy that was claiming the first 2018 early commit? Haven't seen anything on 2018 yet??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are all the Philly showcase invites out already?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are all the Philly showcase invites out already?

You can still register. So assume it is not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 terps in lake placid finished the day 2-0 beating u-15 fca in last second.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2018 terps in lake placid finished the day 2-0 beating u-15 fca in last second. [/quote

Breaking News!! That's for the news flash Terps Dad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your welcome! must be interested in updates or you wouldn't be trolling this site...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is playing up...and there were only 30 kids...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2018 terps in lake placid finished the day 2-0 beating u-15 fca in last second. [/quote

Breaking News!! That's for the news flash Terps Dad!

No players or teams of note are at that silly convention of a tourney. And FCA is a team of whatever they could scrape together at the last moment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your welcome! must be interested in updates or you wouldn't be trolling this site...

Not really. Looking at tryout information. But keep us posted. Can't wait to hear about today's games. No one else is playing in August so gives everyone something to read about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really. Looking at tryout information. But keep us posted. Can't wait to hear about today's games. No one else is playing in August so gives everyone something to read about.

thank you for the updates, we were on the team this year but could not make it this week and since JR is not texting me updates and the tourney does not post results it is nice to keep up with the team on BOTC........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
August is a football month. No reason to attend a lax event in August. August tournaments are just another excuse to throw away cash.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to the guy trashing this convention of a tourny--Guess your kid didn't get invited to come play with fca...a few turtles did and all catholics well represented. not a joke tourny as far as i have seen. plenty of commits here playing.

Just dont read updates if you are not interested.

For tryout guy--every team puts them on the website, no need to look here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to the guy trashing this convention of a tourny--Guess your kid didn't get invited to come play with fca...a few turtles did and all catholics well represented. not a joke tourny as far as i have seen. plenty of commits here playing.

Was invited to play with fca, knew it would be a waste of time. Good decision for us, also, Turtles brought nothing to fca, it was an embarrassment. Why was tourney a joke, because they lost?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thank you for the updates, we were on the team this year but could not make it this week and since JR is not texting me updates and the tourney does not post results it is nice to keep up with the team on BOTC........

Couldn't make it? The team went to a tournament with only 32 players ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bla bla bla please keep telling us how good your kid is. Everyone wants to hear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess we know your son was not asked to be on terps and you feel the need to bad mouth...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where did poster say anything about his kid?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
August is a football month. No reason to attend a lax event in August. August tournaments are just another excuse to throw away cash.

August is a football month, no need to go to a lax website.....is it possible that there are some kids that don't play football, this tournament has been around 25 years so it must have some allure - perhaps that it is in a beautiful resort town with a lot of things for the whole family to do and you can have a really nice family vacation and also play some lacrosse....imagine a tournament that was just for fun

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 orange beat 2018 terps in semi 8-5 for those who like the updates. for those that don't care, I already know your thoughts so please dont respond.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes my son [i][/i] was only one out of 50 kids not ask to play. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So just how many top 10 D1 coaches are chilling on the sidelines up there anyway? My guess is prob a whopping zero (unless they are playing in the masters tournament)

Yes; a convention of a tourney... Terps begging kids to go; FCA filling spot just as mentioned by whatever mercenaries they can get, sweet lax trying to make a "committed only team" that serves only to sweeten their club's name if they win.....

Twerps beating twerps in the semi's? .......wow.

Seriously....not on the "must be there" radar for anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So just how many top 10 D1 coaches are chilling on the sidelines up there anyway? My guess is prob a whopping zero (unless they are playing in the masters tournament)

Yes; a convention of a tourney... Terps begging kids to go; FCA filling spot just as mentioned by whatever mercenaries they can get, sweet lax trying to make a "committed only team" that serves only to sweeten their club's name if they win.....

Twerps beating twerps in the semi's? .......wow.

Seriously....not on the "must be there" radar for anyone.

Hate all you want but this has been a well run tourney with some great competition in a great setting. You will be hard pressed to find anybody here say a bad thing about the experience. Are there college coaches here? No, but that may be part of the great experience. The kids seem to be having a blast and the adults are all very well behaved. But keep on hating all you unhappy souls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are everything wrong with lax...just another jackass without a brain...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was invited to play with fca, knew it would be a waste of time. Good decision for us, also, Turtles brought nothing to fca, it was an embarrassment. Why was tourney a joke, because they lost?

sounds like you're in need of some fellowship.

Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard