BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Boys 2019/2020 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is anything but fair. Too bad there aren't rules prohibiting kids from playing down. Where is the challenge in that? I wouldn't brag about a team who's "all star player" is not even playing his grade, as a matter of fact I am ashamed to be a part of the team, we will rethink our options for next year. As I am sure many other 91 parents will.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is nice to hear a parent being honest! Dirty play by either team is wrong. When you are losing playing dirty just makes the loss that much worse. The coaches of BOTH teams are responsible for how this game was played and turned out, SHAME on all of them. Teach the game, winning will be that much sweeter!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because Some anonymous poster sticking up for 91 who says hes an express parent doesn't mean its true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or an express parent posing as a 91 parent! Guys its travel lacrosse lets move on! Worry about closing the 20 goal gap.According to people in the know 91 practices four days a week and play in a bunch of leagues probably not a coincidence there ahead of everyone by a good deal. Is it too much maybe but...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dune Dawgs is a scam! Not a legit program! Their sales pitch is that every team is going to be coached by the same college coach, which is impossible! The kids that get cut from other organizations usually find a home with these kind of travel teams.I would beware of these overnight pop up travel programs. Do your research!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a Dune Dawgs player, I can vouch it is not a scam. Understand me clearly when I say I am not speaking for the organization. We've tried the other teams out there, and believe me, from what I see there is no better coaching for youth. The "other" organization has always seemed to benefit from the fact that most of the good players wanted to play there. I don't think that is the case anymore. Lacrosse is growing; therefore, new organizations will continue to "pop" up. Not every child, nor parent is interested in sending their kids to the high schools which benefit from these "feeder" programs. If you ever attended one of the Dune Dawgs practices, you would see what I mean.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for saying these are usually kids that get cut from other programs, you must have not seen them play. Most of these kids would start at other programs. I'm sorry that this is anonymous, but my screen name is LaxDad14. If you have any issues with what I said, please get in touch with me. Unlike most of you, I will not hide behind an anonymous screen name.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My son has played against the Dune Dawgs this winter in rockstar, and I can say they are an excellent team. He had played with a few of the boys with another team last winter and I can say they are a great group of kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As for saying these are usually kids that get cut from other programs, you must have not seen them play. Most of these kids would start at other programs. I'm sorry that this is anonymous, but my screen name is LaxDad14. If you have any issues with what I said, please get in touch with me. Unlike most of you, I will not hide behind an anonymous screen name.

What in the world makes your generic screen name any less anonymous than a straight up anonymous post?...I have seen you raise this point on several different boards, you are so proud of it it's cute...lol. If you are so proud of yourself and are so interested in accountability..what is your name and what team does your kid play on?.....I didn't think so.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

What in the world makes your generic screen name any less anonymous than a straight up anonymous post?...I have seen you raise this point on several different boards, you are so proud of it it's cute...lol. If you are so proud of yourself and are so interested in accountability..what is your name and what team does your kid play on?.....I didn't think so.
Registered users are required to register with a known e-mail address which is also used in the validation sequence. BOTC has other attributes known during the registration process that helps us to uniquely identify individual posters should questions be asked.

So, coming back to your post, we did miss your name - but we do like TMobile.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why in the world would I put my name here? I however am not boasting about accountability and accusing other posters of hiding behind the anonymous tag,

By the way if you like Tmobile you must not use them...the service sucks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the Dune dawgs were such a great team, how come they didnt play in the santa jam? Oh wait a minute, their 2 "star players" play for 91. that sounds like a really fair deal to all the other dune dawg players who im sure would of loved to play? This just concretes my decision on staying with my town team and sit back and laugh at all you desperate people/ coaches!Keep on paying for these "elite teams", you will have to come and play for the school district sooner or later, which might be too late!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fyi most college recruiting takes place with travel lacrosse..ask around. And if you honestly think your kids game is going to be elevated playing pal town lacrosse, I wish you the best, and you owe your child an appology in a couple years.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I don't think some of you guys quite get it. As a parent, wouldn't you want your child to play against top competition? As I've said before I'm not speaking for the organization, but as far as fifth grade goes it didn't make sense to play in the Santa Jam. So there you have it, my son plays on the fifth grade DD's. I think you can figure out the rest.

As far as staying on your local town team, whatever works for you, please do!!! Everyone has different expectations regarding their childs lacrosse experience. I know that my expectation is to always play the best competition. I think once you see the schedule for the fifth grade Dune Dawgs you will understand. It is the only way you get better!!!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Oh Sure - Dune Dawgs is quite a scam LMAO- Excellent program and coaching is top notch We are not a popup travel team we have played together for 3 years. All of our kids are top notch not just the 2 players you are talking about. We are very well rounded thats why we play up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Board is becoming a complete joke. Every parent of every club comes on here bashing every other club. Parents we gotta get a grip. Go play catch with your kid

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This Board is becoming a complete joke. Every parent of every club comes on here bashing every other club. Parents we gotta get a grip. Go play catch with your kid
This type of chatter happens all the time during the holiday weeks heading into the Spring season. Give it a couple of weeks and the discussion will be very seriously grounded by the competitive games, leagues, and tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "Santa Jam" is a two-bit small time local tournament designed by it's directors to make money. If a team, ANY TEAM, chooses not to play in it, why is that an issue. No one except the directors of ANY given organization know why a team plays or doesn't in a tournament. Stay playing town lacrosse, I'm sure it works fine for your child. Other kids need and want more opportunities to play. Why do you need to attack them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know as well as I do that people are jealous, and for the most part we know who they are. Get a life...stop your hating!! Dune dawns are here to stay, tell us in 10 years we're a "pop-up travel team". One thing we are is a group of parents who's sons LOVE to play lacrosse and LOVE to play it well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no "sales pitch" and no one ever said EVERYONE is being coached by ONE coach. get your facts straight. COLLEGE LEVEL COACHING!! That is what we wanted and that is what we get from Dune Dawgs!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks! Maybe next year you should consider having your son play with the Dune Dawgs, they are always looking for good players and GOOD PARENTS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sour grapes much? Why don't you get over it already and move on...EVERYONE is sick of you whining about the Dune Dawgs...Boo-Hoo. Go coach your Express team...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently, This Dune Dawg team is not a pop up travel team- just a bunch of kids who are a really great team and coached very well. As a 91 parent leaving the game today our kids were being told how to play like the Dune Dawgs and that they can learn from them-- actually it is an embrassment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fifth grade 91 team is ok and probably in comparing what I have seen the 4th grade 91 team is a much much more talented team. Our Dune Dawg team is a very good team but , I too have concerns when college season starts and the asst coach is on the road or recruiting the weekends! Chances are all that glitters is not gold

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fifth grade 91 team is ok and probably in comparing what I have seen the 4th grade 91 team is a much much more talented team. Our Dune Dawg team is a very good team but , I too have concerns when college season starts and the asst coach is on the road or recruiting the weekends! Chances are all that glitters is not gold

This doesn't sound like a Dune Dawgs parent. Everyone knows what to expect and what they will get from the Dune Dawgs, superb coaching, dedicated coaching, and players who's talent grows by the day due to the leadership of their team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently, This Dune Dawg team is not a pop up travel team- just a bunch of kids who are a really great team and coached very well. As a 91 parent leaving the game today our kids were being told how to play like the Dune Dawgs and that they can learn from them-- actually it is an embrassment

Both teams played well today. The approach to coaching is different and shows on the field. The 91 boys played well today, their team was out coached. The Dune Dawgs love to play together and it shows.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
No need to worry about that. Coach Mac is the head coach of the fifth grade team. "Asst. Coach" is the director of lacrosse operations for the Havoc DuneDawgs if I understand it correctly. Most youth teams play their spring/PAL leagues during the college season. Once that is over then we get back to business!! See, at the end of the day, HavocDD's are not trying to monopolize all the kids time. Playing with your PAL team is not frowned upon!!!!

I think you guys know I'm not one to get negative on here; however, I would hope this is not someone posing as a DD parent... After the game that was played today, I couldn't imagine someone speaking like this from our team.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Another thing, I wonder do people really understand this whole lacrosse scene??? Have you ever noticed that there is usually one or two tourneys in March, then nothing until June? Connect the dots people.... Lacrosse season (High School/College) is in full swing during this time, and travel does not get fully underway until it these seasons are over. Most coaches of any worth are usually busy with these types of teams during this period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not trying to be negative , just stating concerns, recruiting is almost every weekend during the summer. So far its going good

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Understood. My older son has played two summers for Havoc. It was never an issue. Keep in mind that the game is an extension of practice. If properly coached and taught in practice, there shouldn't be much of an issue during the games. Now, if you've been over to the practices, you know the kids are being prepared properly. We will be fine......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dune Dawgs, congratulations on you win against 91 yesterday. It's a little soon to start gloating though. When your 4th and 6th grade teams can compete against other clubs "A" teams, then you'll have something to pat yourselves on the back about. The 91 5th grade team is not a very strong team. Your teams are competing against younger teams or "B" teams in other age groups. You do seem to have recruited some fine players. It will be interesting to see how the teams develop.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Am I missing something here? No one is gloating!!! Most responses you see here from DD parents are simply responding to some of the outlandish posts trying to dismiss the program. If you look at the posts from yesterday, you wouldn't have even known who we played. We are not the type to come on here and put up scores and such.

The 2019 team has a group of parents and kids who genuinely enjoy playing with, as well as, being around one another. Most know and/or understand that there are two goals with this team. One is to continue improving, and the other...... Well we will keep that to ourselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another 91 apologist. Take your lumps and show some class. Your "other" teams are not that good either. You guys ripped DD then LOST to them. A little NY Jet Ryanesqe if you can follow. 91 are a lot of talk no matter what agre group we talk about. Im sure we will hear next that they were missing thier top players!!!!!! Booo-Hooooo

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
This sounds so immature! Really? glad you are having a wonderful experience with your Dune Dawg team, but come back down to reality. It sounds like the parents of what a 4th grade team seem to care too much about winning. Agreed, it's nice to beat a seasoned team like 91 but enough. If your that good and and that happy, you wouldn't have to convince everyone else, it would just show.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A 91er giving advice about being humble. How funny. Without a doubt the most obnoxious group most have encountered. Stop crying 91ers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
give me a break 91 dune dog express you guys are all nuts. it will be funny to look back at your 4 th grade rosters when your kids are in 9th and you will see more than two thirds will be new kids

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Not a "91er" sorry, just speaking the truth. You keeping talking the talk, just walk the walk my lax friend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just the fact they have a section for fourth graders is slightly weird...but then to argue over fourth graders pretty pathetic...and if i thought 8th grade was ridiculous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So true...

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I was wondering if anyone knows of an available 3/4 grade team looking for players the team my son made is not putting out a team due to lack of commitment looking to stay in nassau county if possible Thanks

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard