BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 55 1 2 3 4 54 55
Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look the other way!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kind of depends where you live (unless you don't mind driving)... I doubt there are spots open on 91's "A" team SMASH.. but if you are looking for a competitive team - then look to either their "B" team 91 United, Igloo, Outlaws, Team Long Island, Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 has great coaching and very strong players. Look beyond the whit-noise you read on this site about 91. True, the parents are sometimes tough to take, but the coaches and players on the two 2022 91 teams are just solid.

Igloo has solid coaching and is very competitive.

Express also has good coaching, and I would argue a better "lax culture" then the two aforementioned, supporting their teams.

Jesters have made some nice strides competitively, but I don't think they are in the same league as 91, Igloo & Express. Not talking wins & losses, just complete club instruction & experience.

ICON, while a start-up, and not as competitive, has great coaches and in my opinion, it's only a matter of time before this club rises up the ranks.

Good luck to your son. Keep him smiling, that's the most important thing to remember.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team 91 has great coaching and very strong players. Look beyond the whit-noise you read on this site about 91. True, the parents are sometimes tough to take, but the coaches and players on the two 2022 91 teams are just solid.

Express also has good coaching, and I would argue a better "lax culture" then the two aforementioned, supporting their teams.

Jesters have made some nice strides competitively, but I don't think they are in the same league as 91, Igloo & Express. Not talking wins & losses, just complete club instruction & experience.

ICON, while a start-up, and not as competitive, has great coaches and in my opinion, it's only a matter of time before this club rises up the ranks.

Good luck to your son. Keep him smiling, that's the most important thing to remember.

I can only speak for my experience. My son was on Jesters Black and had great experience. Had well over 20 practices. Played in 9 tournaments and coould not have had better coaching. We particpated in great winter training and shooting clincs. (additional cost). I am not sure how someone can comment on "lax culture" of 5 different clubs they did not participate in, but I can tell you that I know for a fact that kids from igloo and Express want to come here next year. I absolutely agree that it is about the individual coaches, players and families. Not strictly wins and loses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can only speak for my experience. My son was on Jesters Black and had great experience. Had well over 20 practices. Played in 9 tournaments and coould not have had better coaching. We particpated in great winter training and shooting clincs. (additional cost). I am not sure how someone can comment on "lax culture" of 5 different clubs they did not participate in, but I can tell you that I know for a fact that kids from igloo and Express want to come here next year. I absolutely agree that it is about the individual coaches, players and families. Not strictly wins and loses.

Isn't the head coach leaving for Igloo?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree- it is hard to pick a "club" when looking for a team. I think the coach is actually more important than the name of the club. Sure, the club designs the uniforms, the clinics, the camps and what not- but the experience and the tone of the team is really dependent on the coaches of the actual team your son makes. I would try out for a few teams and get first hand accounts on what is important to you and your son- a soft spoken coach or one that yells and fires them up, an organized coach, or a laid back, spur of the moment coach, where they practice and how often, Spring/Summer team or year round training, and of course- financially, the club/team should fit your budget. Some teams do way more travel than others and hotel and gas costs rise substantially. Others stay local and only to one out of state team. I personally think it is more about the coaches than the club. GL to your son. It is quite a ride, but if you find the right team, the ride is lots of fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the rumor. To coach younger son. But other coach returning and most of families we spoke to not even trying out for another team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who quits a job for the chance for his son to make igloo? What if his kid does not make Igloo? FUNNY this is just more proof Igloo teams are set before tryouts. I feel bad for that kid who is rated last on Igloo's depth chart at the position of the son of the new coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you feel bad for the kid rated last on the Igloo depth chart - he probably does not see much game action - maybe now - he can go to a different team and play and have fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree- it is hard to pick a "club" when looking for a team. I think the coach is actually more important than the name of the club. Sure, the club designs the uniforms, the clinics, the camps and what not- but the experience and the tone of the team is really dependent on the coaches of the actual team your son makes. I would try out for a few teams and get first hand accounts on what is important to you and your son- a soft spoken coach or one that yells and fires them up, an organized coach, or a laid back, spur of the moment coach, where they practice and how often, Spring/Summer team or year round training, and of course- financially, the club/team should fit your budget. Some teams do way more travel than others and hotel and gas costs rise substantially. Others stay local and only to one out of state team. I personally think it is more about the coaches than the club. GL to your son. It is quite a ride, but if you find the right team, the ride is lots of fun!

Go to the Express at this age group. You'll be very happy.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is great about Express 2022 ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is great about Express 2022 ?

Very good now. New coaching regime incoming. A lot of spots will be open.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The player referred to was the leading goal scorer for 2022 Express, an All-Tournament player and made the team again this year. The player gave up his roster spot because he was mistreated. But Express stepped up and placed the kid on a higher level team at no additional tuition. The coaching change is occurring because the previous coach wants to refocus his time on charitable efforts. Those are the facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be a whole new team. Maybe 4 kids back from a team that was very good last year. They will not be any good this coming year. Director taking over team. Stay away!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 2022 Express team are you referring to... "A" or "B"... Minutemen or Terps... Are you saying that only 4 kids from the "A" team - Minutemen will be Returning ? Where is everyone else going ? Sounds like nonsense to me

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is part of the Minutemen. First of all it has been a great experience. We have met some great people, parents and kids have all become friends and it has been a positive experience. The coaching staff was great as well. I have had a good laugh reading the nonsense on here about the team. Most of it could not be further from the truth. Team had a great season and was vastly improved from the previous season. Head Coach stepped down because he is involved in other things. Director is taking over. From what I understand 80% of the players are coming to try outs with the intention of staying. The others are moving on because as we all know "the grass is always greener, somewhere else". There will be plenty of roster turnover because the director being the coach will draw a lot of players. Think the future for this team is very bright. They are definitely expecting to take the team to the next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express kids play their because they want to attend one of the Catholic lax schools. Most will stay no matter how bad they are or mistreated they feel

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The player referred to was the leading goal scorer, an All-Tournament player and made the team this year. The player gave up his roster spot because he was mistreated. But Express stepped up and placed the kid on a higher level team at no additional tuition. The coaching change for 2022 Express is occurring because the previous coach is refocusing his time to charitable efforts. Those are the facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The player referred to was the leading goal scorer, an All-Tournament player and made the team this year. The player gave up his roster spot because he was mistreated. But Express stepped up and placed the kid on a higher level team at no additional tuition. The coaching change for 2022 Express is occurring because the previous coach is refocusing his time to charitable efforts. Those are the facts.

Good luck making the starting line up. It's not the Thunder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was this an autobiography?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He was not the leading goal scorer. He was all tournament because everyone else went home. And express put him at a higher level team cause he quit another program this spring. 2 years 3 different teams.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boy, a little too much chlorine in that gene pool. –Jerry Seinfeld

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who the [lacrosse] keeps stats at 3rd grade travel ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "serious" clubs are already using Krossover all the way down to 2023 teams. Full film breakdown and individual/team stats. A little overkill, but really great to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really ? I have been through with 2 boys. Each on "serious" clubs and have yet to see a stat kept .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some clubs use the fees for league enrollment, tournament fees, practice field time, and on tools to help the coaches (like krossover) and some just bank the profits or buy gear the kids may or may not need.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams should list the coaches when they send out tryout information. I've been around the travel scene long enough to know the most important thing in choosing the team is the coach. You can have a big name organization and not a great coach and the experience will not be very good. Or you can have a small organization and a great coach and a great experience. These organizations send out try out information and you have to commit $100 to try out (in some cases) but you don't know who the coach will be. From what I have been reading on this thread there will be a lot of coach movement this year. The organizations should all list the coaches.

Who will be coaching the express A and B teams?
Who will be coaching the jesters?
Who will be coaching outlaws?
Who will be coaching igloo?
Who will e coaching fl$?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash is breaking up Detamasso is leaving with 6 kids and coaching with Zummo. Should be interesting. They are only taking a few kids from DD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash is breaking up Detamasso is leaving with 6 kids and coaching with Zummo. Should be interesting. They are only taking a few kids from DD.

Why is a successful team breaking up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cromwell taking CSH kids to igloo, too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 SMASHED if true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 SMASHED if true

LOL to all of the above

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All Teams will have turnover... teams will get better.. some..not so much. Looking forward to next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would eat my shoe if any of the CSH boys left Smash.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boy, a little too much chlorine in that gene pool. –Jerry Seinfeld

Jerry Seinfeld - held back in 5th grade.
Elaine Benes - since she is from Towson, Md started a year late, repeated the 7th grade. True Story

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
me too...eat my shoe!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get ready to eat your shoe, Legacy here we come!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, not an "all-star" team. We are a lacrosse community here in the mid atlantic. Parents and coaches were asked if they had kids that wanted to play a tournament. 6 groups of kids from 5 states. The core was from malvern and philly- then deleware, baltimore and even a family from Florida was in town. Rising Sons organized it. The Rising Sons are one of the groups that "get it" in youth lacrosse. Great time was had and the boys really enjoyed it- they just went out and played... 91 was a very good team as was much of the other competition. Fun youth lacrosse...

Thanks for showing us what genuine feel good lax looks like, unfortunately, we did that and do that periodically on li already. That all said, bring your best and play smash.,the current best li team in this age group. See here in li, we gave plenty of options for feel good lax but we like to be the best.

It's ON Long Island and anyone who is actually from here would know that. So where are you from really?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We did win. Patriot Games last week went 5-0

Patriot Games.... LOL.

What's so funny about that Smash played there last year. It's only a joke tournament when you aren't there? You Smash dads are a bunch if red solo cup losers who are trying to live life through your kids. The arrogance factor is incredible, what are you going to do when your kid picks travel soccer over lacrosse?

Page 2 of 55 1 2 3 4 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard