BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
Boys 2025 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
BOTC is opening our Fall 2014 through Summer 2015 thread covering the Boys 2025 age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2025 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waiting to see what teams are fielding a true 2025 team. Was leaning toward Millon because I like the more instructional approach and they play local. Heard they are not having a 2 nd grade team now so We may try out for Hurricanes, and Outlaws just to see the process and how he does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Waiting to see what teams are fielding a true 2025 team. Was leaning toward Millon because I like the more instructional approach and they play local. Heard they are not having a 2 nd grade team now so We may try out for Hurricanes, and Outlaws just to see the process and how he does.

Just finished up a 2024 2nd grade season. Our experience was mixed. My son had fun and loved the comraderie and the gear. Reality is there are very few true 2nd grade teams and even fewer 2nd grade brackets in tournaments. We needed up playing many 3rd grade teams in tourneys and the size difference was significant at times which made it tough to compete.

I think millon and outlaws are 3rd grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Both are going to be 3rd grade. I keep hearing the same about the size disparity. Mostly from express parents. Other kids I coached on 91 and Legacy seemed to play mostly 2nd grade. My main focus is quality instruction. Do the teams ever post the coaches prior to tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zummo who is the main owner of Legacy coaches the 2024 team along with former Tewarton finalist Chris Fiore. I think Mike Taylor coach of Dowling just merged in and also has a son this age. Crazy staff for a 3 rd grade team..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great line up of coaches. Do they practice in ISlip or Smithtown?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Split time between both

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Islip,massage qua, hauppage are all towns they may practice in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
depends on coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
depends on coaches

COACHES ARE EVERYTHING AT THIS AGE!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely.Which it was easier to find out who they are before trying out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely.Which it was easier to find out who they are before trying out.

Any ideas? I hope I don't have to sign him up for coach blank!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 was nice enough to email the 2025 coaches. 2 varsity coaches and a college coach already signed on. Was very impressed with their response and transparency. One of 3 teams to respond to my emails.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 was nice enough to email the 2025 coaches. 2 varsity coaches and a college coach already signed on. Was very impressed with their response and transparency. One of 3 teams to respond to my emails.

Care to share?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Care to share?

Can BOTC help out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont want to post in respect because it was sent to me privately. HS coach of 91 player who just signed D1 and was a posted on here about it. 16 yr NCAA College coach who is all over there Twitter feed and the 3rd Varsity Head Coach was from T Birds . Seemed like a very strong lineup of coaches for a 2025 group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids show up for a specific grade like 2025 at an express , 91 or legacy tryout? How many get cut or what makes them set up a second team . Thanks for the insight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to 91/Expresso tryouts last year. Here is what I remember.

Express - tryout was a disaster as they had the 2nd and 3rd graders mixed together and 100+ kids on the field. They ended up with one 2nd grade team. No cuts and actually sent out an email saying the team was short players. Added players over the winter, lost a few too. Ended up with 20+.

91 - pure 2nd grade tryout. very organized. probably 30 kids. took about 12 for the A team and 12 for the B team. Held a 2nd tryout in January where they filled out both rosters.

The only pure 2nd grade teams out there were express, legacy, 91 a/b. Can make the tournament match ups tough as you end up playing a lot of 3rd grade teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you have to make both tryouts? Some are the same day and would like to attend both?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you have to make both tryouts? Some are the same day and would like to attend both?

If you are a new family and the coaches do not know your kid, I would say going to both is absolutely better/necessary. Remember, unless your little guy is an amazing standout, they will need to see him over a longer timeframe (certainly for the A teams). So you need to pick your first choice and get to both of those. Maybe for the second choice you only go one day and cross your fingers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want a shot at 91a then yes. Express, Legacy, 91B no as long as your son is decent. Would give the evaluators a heads up if you're going to miss the 2nd tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks.How long after tryouts do the decents (not the stud) kids know where they stand.Also for the ones that went thru it recently where did you end up and how is it? Thanks again,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When trying out for 91, have they been up front as to what team eack kid has made? Or do they just saythat they made a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks.How long after tryouts do the decents (not the stud) kids know where they stand.Also for the ones that went thru it recently where did you end up and how is it? Thanks again,

After the second tryout they post the results on the website by the end of that week. They post the pinnie #s for A and B separately. You also get an email.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When trying out for 91, have they been up front as to what team eack kid has made? Or do they just saythat they made a team.

They tell you the team you make. It is listed on their web site- they list the team and coaches with the kids listed by number, not name. If your kid doesn't make it at first, they may here in a week or so later- as some kids decline, as they've tried out for a few teams and pick their first choice. GL to you- it is a little stressful for the kids, and even parents because you want your kid to be happy, not disappointed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next question is travel schedule. Hoping to find a team that is going to play here on Long Island with maybe one Out of state tournament. Safe to assume at this age there won't be much travel?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next question is travel schedule. Hoping to find a team that is going to play here on Long Island with maybe one Out of state tournament. Safe to assume at this age there won't be much travel?

Typically the A teams travel much more than the B/C teams. So be careful about what you wish for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What drills do they do during tryouts for the younger guys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My experience is: Ground balls left/right...simple catch/throw/cradle left and right, catch and shoot on the run left and right. One on one ground balls to see how much fight they have in them. Just like they get at any good clinic.

The better ones have a good pace to them so they get the kids to stay focused, but at 2nd grade, even the good ones might shoot down a few airplanes with their sticks.

Depending on what they see from your kid, they might even coach him a little to see if he listens and picks things up on the fly.

They look at who is watching (good), who is walking (bad), which kids sit down (not good). You get the idea. At this stage the stick skills seem more important, but as they say, you can't coach height, so if your boy doesn't have skills, he better be big and fast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My experience is: Ground balls left/right...simple catch/throw/cradle left and right, catch and shoot on the run left and right. One on one ground balls to see how much fight they have in them. Just like they get at any good clinic.

The better ones have a good pace to them so they get the kids to stay focused, but at 2nd grade, even the good ones might shoot down a few airplanes with their sticks.

Depending on what they see from your kid, they might even coach him a little to see if he listens and picks things up on the fly.

They look at who is watching (good), who is walking (bad), which kids sit down (not good). You get the idea. At this stage the stick skills seem more important, but as they say, you can't coach height, so if your boy doesn't have skills, he better be big and fast.

At 91 last year, they spent the last 45 minutes doing full field scrimmage. Also did one on ones., line drills (right and left) and butt to butt gbs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am taking my little guy to Legacys free clinic on the 19th as a warm up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am taking my little guy to Legacys free clinic on the 19th as a warm up

Will it be a zoo?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the 91 coaches for 2025? Chamberlain tweeted something and has a 2025, also heard Jaferis and Haugen as possible. Any specific word?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chamberlain. Varsity coach for comsowuge and varsity coach from Hills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually that is correct. Chamberlain, jaferis and Haugen are what they told me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually that is correct. Chamberlain, jaferis and Haugen are what they told me.

So how many teams and who will be head coach and assistants. Any info from 91?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems to be confirmed....

2025 ORANGE

Coaches: Brett Jaferis, Nils Haugen & Brendan Chamberlain

http://boys.team91lacrosse.com/tryout-results.html

W
wildcatLAX
Unregistered
wildcatLAX
Unregistered
W
Only one team but looks like they are prepared to add a second one. See they added a 3rd 2024 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting close to tryouts. Looking to get my son started in the right organization with good people and the least amount of drama. My son is decent, can catch and throw . Listens to everything and soaks it in quickly.Hoping to find a team into developing players year in and out. Don't care if we win tournaments. I just want to see him to improve his game and have fun. Any input on 91, express , empire or legacy. So far I like what I have seen a read on Empire and the coach . 91 staff looks amazing but concerned how they are with 8 yr olds. Heard good things about Legacy and Coach Fiore. Express was our 1st choice but have received by far the least amount on info from them . Past players told me don't try out for them until 4th grade. Appreciate any insight other than don't do it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would go with a legacy my son played for coach Fiore last year he is amazing with the kids. Not all about winning, really about fun and getting better

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard