BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,649
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So much for us idiots that went to mediocre colleges, worked our asses off, made big money and saved it for our kids college educations. This countrs backwards. There is no reason you should be handed that kind of money, go work! What an absolute disgrace, welfare for education... Disgusting.

Did you walk to school barefoot through the snow too? I messed around with this thing and put in a hypothetical $300K income and $150K in other assets to see what output was. It came back with over $15K in aid. The cut for richest 1% in the US is about $200K a year.

It looks like this school has indexed tuition. You'd need a pretty high income to not get some discount. Consider it a bonus if your kid goes to this school instead of some other private college...Hofstra ain't got one of these calculators.

No moron, I didn't walk barefoot through snow. However, my summers were filled with 80-100 hour work weeks. From HS through college. I also had blue collar parents who knew the value of education and paid my tuition. I paid for everything else. We didn't need to rely on government handouts. Sorry, but your kids educational aspirations shouldn't come at mine or my families expense. I know, these are crazy notions right? Here's an idea, how about one price for everyone? Then the price would be $20k a year instead of $60k for those that can "afford" it and free for the mutt that didn't save a nickel for his kids education. You know, because those "rich" folks don't "need" that $240,000. Why not price cars, houses and everything else based on YOUR ability to pay??? You want a new Jeep, for you it's full price. I have no money, so its free for me. Sounds reasonable right?

Great post! What goes on is disgusting!

I think it is great that schools like Princeton have alumni that want to help send the best of the best to school. To be the best means you DO WORK YOUR [lacrosse] OFF and there is a reward at the end. Just because you worked hard and it paid off, does not mean it does for everyone. What about the blue collar worker that works 80 hours a week, and yet cannot afford to pay for three kids to go to college such as Princeton? Does this guy not work hard? Yet, if his kid works hard, like he does, there is a reward- endowments, scholarships aid, to help his three kids get into the best school they can make. My son wants to go to Princeton. I told him no- we cannot afford a school as such. Then we did learn about the various ways Princeton and some other big name schools help out the students, far more so than other schools. My son is not yet in HS- yet his aspirations are HIGH and he works round the clock on his academics, and travel sports teams. I would love to see my son land in one of these type of schools where they are rewarded for their hard work to get there. And yes, like a previous poster said, half of it may luck or connections in being successful. Good luck to you and your son. [/quote]

Your so dumb, its mind numbing. If there weren't different prices for different people the price would be about $15-20k a year. Those paying full price would not have to subsidize those going for free... Get it now?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't the Outlaw 2017 Team lose to the Team 91 Extreme 2018 this year at JDF???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cam Mule to Duke. Impressive, the top players are all going quick now. Season is over and the Teams know who they want. Now the mid level D1 schools will start.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Without the Gladiator group that came over this Team would have be average. They beat TB once, and then lost to them two weeks later. Who else did they beat?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also worked hard and can pay the tuition and as such there is no financial aid or discount when it comes to college--(that said, my oldest did receive both lax money and academic money for about half). However, rather than feel sorry for myself and begrudge some kid the opportunity to go to school with the help of financial aid, I feel blessed and lucky to be in the position I am in.

So for the jackwagon who is bitching about the fact that some kids are getting for free what he has to pay for, grow up. If you are as successful as you claim to be, then you know that half of life is luck. Put yourself in the best position to succeed and then work hard and hope for the best.

I know plenty of geniuses that lost it all when Bear, and Lehman tanked, through no fault of their own. I know plenty of very well paid senior managers that are where they are because a chance they took paid off.

So stop patting yourself on the back and thank god you have the ability to pay out of pocket and give your kid the best possible chance to put him/her in a position to also be successful/lucky...

This country is so upside down, you actually feel guilty for your own success! Well guess what? I don't. I also don't feel I owe anyone anything either. The government takes way more than a 4 year private degree from me every year in taxes, so I'm doing more than my part to help out those who need it. I also donate nearly a half years tuition to my town and local school district for the privilege of putting the key in my front door. My father fought in WWII for this country, for the opportunities and freedoms it used to afford. Hard work and success were things that were held in high regard. They weren't punished by progressive taxation. If you couldn't afford college, you worked and went to night school. You didn't look for a handout. The reason these schools cost $60k a year is because of the third party pay system set up by the government. So please, save your holier than thou drivel for someone who gives a sh=t. Now go see if you can find a way to vote again for this Ivy League Educated ZERO running this once great country.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much for us idiots that went to mediocre colleges, worked our asses off, made big money and saved it for our kids college educations. This countrs backwards. There is no reason you should be handed that kind of money, go work! What an absolute disgrace, welfare for education... Disgusting.

Did you walk to school barefoot through the snow too? I messed around with this thing and put in a hypothetical $300K income and $150K in other assets to see what output was. It came back with over $15K in aid. The cut for richest 1% in the US is about $200K a year.

It looks like this school has indexed tuition. You'd need a pretty high income to not get some discount. Consider it a bonus if your kid goes to this school instead of some other private college...Hofstra ain't got one of these calculators.

No moron, I didn't walk barefoot through snow. However, my summers were filled with 80-100 hour work weeks. From HS through college. I also had blue collar parents who knew the value of education and paid my tuition. I paid for everything else. We didn't need to rely on government handouts. Sorry, but your kids educational aspirations shouldn't come at mine or my families expense. I know, these are crazy notions right? Here's an idea, how about one price for everyone? Then the price would be $20k a year instead of $60k for those that can "afford" it and free for the mutt that didn't save a nickel for his kids education. You know, because those "rich" folks don't "need" that $240,000. Why not price cars, houses and everything else based on YOUR ability to pay??? You want a new Jeep, for you it's full price. I have no money, so its free for me. Sounds reasonable right?

Great post! What goes on is disgusting!

I think it is great that schools like Princeton have alumni that want to help send the best of the best to school. To be the best means you DO WORK YOUR [lacrosse] OFF and there is a reward at the end. Just because you worked hard and it paid off, does not mean it does for everyone. What about the blue collar worker that works 80 hours a week, and yet cannot afford to pay for three kids to go to college such as Princeton? Does this guy not work hard? Yet, if his kid works hard, like he does, there is a reward- endowments, scholarships aid, to help his three kids get into the best school they can make. My son wants to go to Princeton. I told him no- we cannot afford a school as such. Then we did learn about the various ways Princeton and some other big name schools help out the students, far more so than other schools. My son is not yet in HS- yet his aspirations are HIGH and he works round the clock on his academics, and travel sports teams. I would love to see my son land in one of these type of schools where they are rewarded for their hard work to get there. And yes, like a previous poster said, half of it may luck or connections in being successful. Good luck to you and your son.

Your so dumb, its mind numbing. If there weren't different prices for different people the price would be about $15-20k a year. Those paying full price would not have to subsidize those going for free... Get it now? [/quote]

a blue collar family earning 60-70k could afford $20/k tuition. so there would always have to be financial assistance unless only catering to the wealthy. Schools like Princeton have huge endowments paid for by the generosity of their alumni many of whom benefited from such assistance when they were in school. to refer to this is disgusting or imply the taxpayers subsidize is ignorant. btw i'm a different poster than one you called dumb

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So much for us idiots that went to mediocre colleges, worked our asses off, made big money and saved it for our kids college educations. This countrs backwards. There is no reason you should be handed that kind of money, go work! What an absolute disgrace, welfare for education... Disgusting.

No moron, I didn't walk barefoot through snow. However, my summers were filled with 80-100 hour work weeks. From HS through college. I also had blue collar parents who knew the value of education and paid my tuition. I paid for everything else. We didn't need to rely on government handouts. Sorry, but your kids educational aspirations shouldn't come at mine or my families expense. I know, these are crazy notions right? Here's an idea, how about one price for everyone? Then the price would be $20k a year instead of $60k for those that can "afford" it and free for the mutt that didn't save a nickel for his kids education. You know, because those "rich" folks don't "need" that $240,000. Why not price cars, houses and everything else based on YOUR ability to pay??? You want a new I think it is great that schools like Princeton have alumni that want to help send the best of the best to school. To be the best means you DO WORK YOUR [lacrosse] OFF and there is a reward at the end. Just because you worked hard and it paid off, does not mean it does for everyone. What about the blue collar worker that works 80 hours a week, and yet cannot afford to pay for three kids to go to college such as Princeton? Does this guy not work hard? Yet, if his kid works hard, like he does, there is a reward- endowments, scholarships aid, to help his three kids get into the best school they can make. My son wants to go to Princeton. I told him no- we cannot afford a school as such. Then we did learn about the various ways Princeton and some other big name schools help out the students, far more so than other schools. My son is not yet in HS- yet his aspirations are HIGH and he works round the clock on his academics, and travel sports teams. I would love to see my son land in one of these type of schools where they are rewarded for their hard work to get there. And yes, like a previous poster said, half of it may luck or connections in being successful. Good luck to you and your son.

Your so dumb, its mind numbing. If there weren't different prices for different people the price would be about $15-20k a year. Those paying full price would not have to subsidize those going for free... Get it now?

You're an idiot. Who cares if Princeton has a price tag of $60,000 or even $200,000 a year and indexes it down by income. Tuition indexing is fairly common among private colleges and at some prep schools, and what happens is people pay what the computer says they can afford. Sons or daughters of school teachers or mid-level white collar workers can be perfect kids at what they do and deserve their shot. What is wrong with that? I think it is admirable that some colleges say we want the best and the brightest students and future leaders and will grant kids who qualify. That sounds like a strategy to get the best and brightest like President Obama or President Clinton from where they came, not a subsidy. A subsidy is admissions spots and need based grants going to kids who are not necessarily the best or brightest, like lacrosse players. Parents like you should be grateful that Ivy schools consider recruited athletes to be worth exceptions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This country is so upside down, you actually feel guilty for your own success! Well guess what? I don't. I also don't feel I owe anyone anything either. The government takes way more than a 4 year private degree from me every year in taxes, so I'm doing more than my part to help out those who need it. I also donate nearly a half years tuition to my town and local school district for the privilege of putting the key in my front door. My father fought in WWII for this country, for the opportunities and freedoms it used to afford. Hard work and success were things that were held in high regard. They weren't punished by progressive taxation. If you couldn't afford college, you worked and went to night school. You didn't look for a handout. The reason these schools cost $60k a year is because of the third party pay system set up by the government. So please, save your holier than thou drivel for someone who gives a sh=t. Now go see if you can find a way to vote again for this Ivy League Educated ZERO running this once great country. [/quote]

We all pay Federal, local and property taxes and more if we are lucky to make more, that is nothing special. Looking for a handout, you mean like looking for a lacrosse grant in aid to help pay for your kid's college? That sounds like a handout to some kids who get perfect grades and scores who don't have a coach schilling them in and giving athletic money which is a hand out. What you call a pity case is pretty pathetic. If some private colleges can afford to hand out lots of academic aid and scholarships that seems like a private institution making a private decision that you should not care less about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are plenty of top players left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Without the Gladiator group that came over this Team would have be average. They beat TB once, and then lost to them two weeks later. Who else did they beat?

True Blue, NXT (who beat 91, Express), beat fl$, didnt play 91/Express. Beat Team Carolina, BBL, Laxachusetts Black, LB3 Atl, Express Terps 2018, West Islip Varsity, and Im sure a few other that my kid wasnt playing in that tournament. Very happy with this team. And there were a few gladiators that came over, a few kids from other teams, and a lot of kids that were on the team for years.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lost to the 2018 Team 91. Can't lose to younger teams. No matter how good they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That game vs the younger 91 team wasn't even close for the Outlaws. I think a few Outlaw players will be at the the new Rotanz try out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cam Mule to Duke. Impressive, the top players are all going quick now. Season is over and the Teams know who they want. Now the mid level D1 schools will start.

Top Player?? I think not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue, NXT (who beat 91, Express), beat fl$, didnt play 91/Express. Beat Team Carolina, BBL, Laxachusetts Black, LB3 Atl, Express Terps 2018, West Islip Varsity, and Im sure a few other that my kid wasnt playing in that tournament. Very happy with this team. And there were a few gladiators that came over, a few kids from other teams, and a lot of kids that were on the team for years.

Heard they are getting BIG names to come over, and could give you 91 reasons why they will, but too busy now, maybe later. GO Outlaws

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lost to the 2018 Team 91. Can't lose to younger teams. No matter how good they are.

Was Not Top team, was white Team, They had 3 Teams last year, Good try , 2017 Outlaws are going to be nasty this fall and next summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also worked hard and can pay the tuition and as such there is no financial aid or discount when it comes to college--(that said, my oldest did receive both lax money and academic money for about half). However, rather than feel sorry for myself and begrudge some kid the opportunity to go to school with the help of financial aid, I feel blessed and lucky to be in the position I am in.

So for the jackwagon who is bitching about the fact that some kids are getting for free what he has to pay for, grow up. If you are as successful as you claim to be, then you know that half of life is luck. Put yourself in the best position to succeed and then work hard and hope for the best.

I know plenty of geniuses that lost it all when Bear, and Lehman tanked, through no fault of their own. I know plenty of very well paid senior managers that are where they are because a chance they took paid off.

So stop patting yourself on the back and thank god you have the ability to pay out of pocket and give your kid the best possible chance to put him/her in a position to also be successful/lucky...

This country is so upside down, you actually feel guilty for your own success! Well guess what? I don't. I also don't feel I owe anyone anything either. The government takes way more than a 4 year private degree from me every year in taxes, so I'm doing more than my part to help out those who need it. I also donate nearly a half years tuition to my town and local school district for the privilege of putting the key in my front door. My father fought in WWII for this country, for the opportunities and freedoms it used to afford. Hard work and success were things that were held in high regard. They weren't punished by progressive taxation. If you couldn't afford college, you worked and went to night school. You didn't look for a handout. The reason these schools cost $60k a year is because of the third party pay system set up by the government. So please, save your holier than thou drivel for someone who gives a sh=t. Now go see if you can find a way to vote again for this Ivy League Educated ZERO running this once great country.

I guess you spent so much time working that you missed the day at school when they talked about having class and being tactful. You are everything wrong with our country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That wasn't Outlaws A team...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has played against several of the guys on the Villanova list this past year. I guarantee their age has nothing to do with why they were recruited. Neither kid was more mature they could just flat out play.

If you want to play at the D1 level. You need to be able to prove you can play well against older kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Player?? I think not

That is a classless post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was Not Top team, was white Team, They had 3 Teams last year, Good try , 2017 Outlaws are going to be nasty this fall and next summer

None of this matters anymore. Its all about the kids getting recruited at this point. Just take a look around, all the supposed "top" teams are concentrating on other things, winning means nothing. Its all about the exposure at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son received an invite to the TOP205 fall showcase. Ive heard mixed reviews about it, anyone have any input? I heard last year there were too many kids and hardly any coaches? Since it looks like you have to be in the mafia to get a Philly Showcase invite this seems like a decent alternative. Any intelligent input welcome......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way, That Outlaw Team that lost to the Team 91 2018 at JDF was the A Team. No doubt. Check again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 Outlaw Commit.

Congrats to Outlaws 2017 Defenseman Andrew McKenna for his commitment to Navy! McKenna is a rising soph at Ward Melville.

Looks like a Outlaw sales pitch. This kid played varsity at Ward Melville as a freshman, pretty impressive. Not sure how much the
outlaw coach had to do with him getting recruited. Good luck little mac! Navy is a great school/career! looking forward to watching you play the next few years.

Talk about sales pitch, you sound like one of the 3v Stooges.

Who said anything about Outlaws Coach. The post said congrats to the kid.
By the way, the fact that a 9th grader who played varsity at WM felt the need to play summer with an "Outside Club Team" speaks volumes. Actions speak louder than words. Stronger team, more competitive tournaments and more exposure to college coaches were probably some of the reasons for playing for the Outlaws.

Are you so insecure that you had to make this about WM? Just be happy for the kid.

Has Outlaws become "Ward Melville West" ?

Congrats to the young man, great news.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outlaw Black A TEAM. Lost to Team 91 Extreme.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you spent so much time working that you missed the day at school when they talked about having class and being tactful. You are everything wrong with our country.

Yeah... we highly taxed self made business owners who create high paying jobs for people, we really are everything that's wrong with this country. Thanks for pointing that out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outlaw Black A TEAM. Lost to Team 91 Extreme.

It was a combo team, not the A team.

Like a previous poster stated it is about recruiting at this age and playing in competitive tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe the Top 205 Fall is poor. A few D3 Schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Player?? I think not

Great HS Season on a Team with a tough schedule, you havent seen him play in awhile.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Player?? I think not

Great HS Season on a Team with a tough schedule, you havent seen him play in awhile.

Kid is not Duke material, will never see the field! Have fun riding bench!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Player?? I think not

How many goals, what team, don't ever remember seeing any of his stats in Newsday or MSG?? Who is he?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah... we highly taxed self made business owners who create high paying jobs for people, we really are everything that's wrong with this country. Thanks for pointing that out.

I am Elmer J. Fudd Millionaire, I own a Mansion and a Yacht!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My did fought in WWII also, he had the GI bill, was that a handout? Then he died when I was young so I had Social Security (another handout I guess). I always had a job that paid a little and got good grades, but it was not nearly enough. Thank God that I got plenty of handouts to go to college and I believe that being highly taxed now is how we pay it forward. The American Way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 Outlaw Commit.

Congrats to Outlaws 2017 Defenseman Andrew McKenna for his commitment to Navy! McKenna is a rising soph at Ward Melville.

Looks like a Outlaw sales pitch. This kid played varsity at Ward Melville as a freshman, pretty impressive. Not sure how much the
outlaw coach had to do with him getting recruited. Good luck little mac! Navy is a great school/career! looking forward to watching you play the next few years.

Talk about sales pitch, you sound like one of the 3v Stooges.

Who said anything about Outlaws Coach. The post said congrats to the kid.
By the way, the fact that a 9th grader who played varsity at WM felt the need to play summer with an "Outside Club Team" speaks volumes. Actions speak louder than words. Stronger team, more competitive tournaments and more exposure to college coaches were probably some of the reasons for playing for the Outlaws.

Are you so insecure that you had to make this about WM? Just be happy for the kid.

Has Outlaws become "Ward Melville West" ?

Congrats to the young man, great news.
Did he play with Patriot Gold also and Outlaws or just Outlaws ? I don't think WM coaches would be too happy with kids choosing club over school summer team. They had a really impressive summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Player?? I think not

How many goals, what team, don't ever remember seeing any of his stats in Newsday or MSG?? Who is he?

Hills west. Led the team in points

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Player?? I think not

Impressive for a freshman, if that's true he is deserving. HW was a good team. How come I never saw anything in the press about him?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Player?? I think not

LOL, thanks to DADDY.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Player?? I think not

He gets to go to DUKE!!!! Sign me up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 Words

DUKE

LACROSSE

SCANDAL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Player?? I think not

He gets to go to DUKE!!!! Sign me up!

You grown men know you are commenting on a 15-year old? I'm sure the Duke coach knows more than you about recruiting. Good luck to him and his family. I have no idea who he is, but believe it or not some talented kids don't get press for one reason or another.

I feel sorry for your children.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Player?? I think not

Yet apparently Danowski seems to think he is.

Page 3 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard