BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 68 of 144 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Legacy is a C level org at best. The kids on their A teams wouldn't make the 91 or Express C teams. Not even close. Zummo is clueless.

Our 2020 Legacy A team beat Express B at JDRF by double digits. I watched True Blue A beat them by a bunch an hour later. You are clueless.

Why was Legacy's A team playing B teams?

Because they put the Express B team in A brackets

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 Barracudas was abandoned by MC. He handed the boys over to good coaches, never any chemistry. Once he had his first round of commits , the rest were forgotten. At Adrenaline did not take a moment to tallk to hids former team, watched for a few min then walked on. Shame on us for writing the checks !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express, barracudas 2016, once their best team fell apart. Express is not what it once was. Barely have any decent teams. There best is probably 2020 Terps but they can never win against crush so they won't be winning major tournaments. 91 is now the premier club building the best teams at the younger ages. Legacy, igloo good too

As the recruiting starts younger most of these clubs will start to peak in 8th grade summer. Trend towards individual showcases and prospect days will weaken demand in hs years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is a C level org at best. The kids on their A teams wouldn't make the 91 or Express C teams. Not even close. Zummo is clueless.

Our 2020 Legacy A team beat Express B at JDRF by double digits. I watched True Blue A beat them by a bunch an hour later. You are clueless.

Express b not in any a brackets. In fact express Terps could hardly handle a bracket, which is why they placed in b in some tournaments so they could win. Just terrible!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is having tryouts in August. They will give offers and want parents to lock in with a payment before Labor Day. If you are not on their top team in a given grade, you should really consider trying to get on another groups top team that plays in A brackets. The Express 2019 and 2020 B teams really struggled this year. You are spending all that money to be on a team that is solely set up for them to make money. The B teams hardly practice and could not win many games against A teams from other groups.

No kid on Express but read many posts discussing top 2020 teams and Express "B" was consistently in the top 5. Not sure where you're coming from.

How do you figure?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am aware of at least 15 kids at various age groups leaving 91 A and express A teams to join Legacy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express, barracudas 2016, once their best team fell apart. Express is not what it once was. Barely have any decent teams. There best is probably 2020 Terps but they can never win against crush so they won't be winning major tournaments. 91 is now the premier club building the best teams at the younger ages. Legacy, igloo good too

I guess you haven't seen or hear of the 2018 terps? Wins lots of tee shirts and more importantly sending boys to the right showcases...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why did legacy 2020 beat express b at least 2x. They will beat Terps next year and titanium is right on their [lacrosse] as well. There are already certain positions being dominated by legacy kids. Good luck, you will need it!

I think Legacy is a fine team, but to say they will beat Terps is ridiculous. They're not even close, played in LaxFest and didn't even make it to the finals. Whenever Terps play Legacy it's a blowout. Titanium lost to Manhasset in Stony Brook, who lost to West Islip, so why don't you put those two teams in the conversation....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you haven't seen or hear of the 2018 terps? Wins lots of tee shirts and more importantly sending boys to the right showcases...

33 kids on team. How much action are the bottom 12 getting at the "right" showcases? Your kid better be on man up or man down. Hope you don't grow out of the Tee shirts!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express "A" teams joining Legacy ? Not the 2022 group... no way... sounds like a Legacy parent trying to cause trouble

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could ask the same about 2020 Terps. They lost in any real A Tournament they played in, losing to other A teams (besides Crush) from off the Island (Crabfest for example), They only won in b bracket tournaments. Express terps still better than 91 titanium and Legacy Taz, but that gap will close. They may be in 2nd place ON LI for now, but that is really not good enough for a club charging the amt of money they do, and bragging about winning all the time. Many better teams than them off LI. That early tryout date will backfire because people are not going to want to lay out a big down payment for a mediocre club without exploring other options first!

Please don't compare Terps to Legacy, compare Legacy to B teams or weak A teams, Terps are second only to Crush, did they lose a bad game at Crabfeast, yes, but they consistently beat the best, at [lacrosse]'s they killed Rising Sons and Looney's, they've lost to Crabs (who have older kids so not true 2020), but they are clearly the second best team on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express b not in any a brackets. In fact express Terps could hardly handle a bracket, which is why they placed in b in some tournaments so they could win. Just terrible!

You're an idiot, Terps played in one U13B bracket and destroyed everyone, they are a strong A team and lose only to the Crush and last game against Crush in the finals of Legacy/Laxachusetts tourney was a solid game and probably the closest game Crush had against another 2020 team in a year +

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're an idiot, Terps played in one U13B bracket and destroyed everyone, they are a strong A team and lose only to the Crush and last game against Crush in the finals of Legacy/Laxachusetts tourney was a solid game and probably the closest game Crush had against another 2020 team in a year +

I think they didn't even make it to championship at crabfest!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Legacy is a C level org at best. The kids on their A teams wouldn't make the 91 or Express C teams. Not even close. Zummo is clueless.

Yet when confronted about playing in that one B tournament and "crushing" everyone, the parents and coaches insisted 2020 Terps were a B team. Funny how they want it both ways. Trophy chasing at it's best-must have felt good. If you are second to Crush and a strong A team, you owe an apology and the Championship trophy to the teams you "crushed" in that tournament. For some reason, I don't think we will see any apologies issued or the "trophy" returned. Again, Terps calling people names for having opinions when they are consistently unsportsmanlike and disrespectful on the field and on the boards. Feeling even more sorry for the Terps kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are clueless and not worth responding too. Guess your kid wasn't one of the 33...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

33 kids on team. How much action are the bottom 12 getting at the "right" showcases? Your kid better be on man up or man down. Hope you don't grow out of the Tee shirts!!
Are there really 33 kids on 2018 Terps ? Wow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha , The only one that should be apologizing is Legacy to the parents they ripped off pretending to be a legitimate organization. Now go away this is an EXPRESS thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps lost to Sweetlax at Crabfest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry if this is off topic, but for Express Tryouts it states that I need a US Lacrosse Number, but when I go and try to make one it says to become a member I have to pay (so and so). What do I do because I don't want to pay for a membership, but on express tryouts form it's asking for one?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have a high performing kid, the Express is the way to go. Look at the college placements on their 2017 team for the strong players. Chanenchuck focuses on those top kids and trains them to be top level lacrosse players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seasons over, zero kids on terps 2018 right now, tryouts end of the month

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No 34

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have a high performing kid, the Express is the way to go. Look at the college placements on their 2017 team for the strong players. Chanenchuck focuses on those top kids and trains them to be top level lacrosse players.

In the past, I would agree. Better options out there now. Why do you think express moved up their tryout date. I'm out!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No 34

YES

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can see a lot of those 2018 kids going to 91 and outlaws, not much else out there that will get into the top recruiting events. It's a big year for the 2018s and you don't want to be numbers 18-34 on the Terps team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am aware of at least 15 kids at various age groups leaving 91 A and express A teams to join Legacy.

So now Legacy is a premier organization? Doesn't that require solid teams at every level? If so you should know that their 2020 B team got a solid beat down from a mediocre town team at Lax Fest. Feels like either a Legacy director or parent is applying different rules when it comes to their organization. The bottom line is that the landscape is subject to change year to year. Kids move around singularly or as a group. Today's flavor of the month travel team is next year's whipping boy. And, above all, for every travel program, no matter how successful, there are people willing to come on here and bash the organization. No program is immune. You can say Express had stronger teams than others this year, but their long term results speak for themselves making it hard to argue, based on one year, that the organization is "over." That is especially true when the organization you are touting suits up teams that are no better than town teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, Legacy might not be premier yet, but they are moving in the right direction while express is becoming a has-been. Your best shot is to attack the 2020 b team. I will agree, not a strong team this year, but next year with the merger , they should be solid. As another poster confirmed, to put 33 kids on a recruiting year team is simply a money grab, as well as a terrible injustice to the kids. I would want no part of that. Express is done. Even the director MC is no where to be seen. Not the team I want my son on going into the important years!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Oh yea. I'm sure they will take 18 this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry if this is off topic, but for Express Tryouts it states that I need a US Lacrosse Number, but when I go and try to make one it says to become a member I have to pay (so and so). What do I do because I don't want to pay for a membership, but on express tryouts form it's asking for one?

Use mine! wink

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard they have a kid on that team that's not worthy of a B level team 2 years younger but the 2018 Terps are saddled with him because the dad works in the Town of Oyster Bay and gets Channy field permits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Oh yea. I'm sure they will take 18 this year.
How many are entering the 3 Catholic schools ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard they have a kid on that team that's not worthy of a B level team 2 years younger but the 2018 Terps are saddled with him because the dad works in the Town of Oyster Bay and gets Channy field permits.

no need to call out a kid, he would be a very good player on any 2018 B team and probably contribute on a few "A" teams, no need to ridicule a kid because of the sins of the father. He has improved greatly over the years and he knows his place and does not complain about playing time, he is a great kid and you are an a$$ for calling him out like that - these kids all read this site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can see a lot of those 2018 kids going to 91 and outlaws, not much else out there that will get into the top recruiting events. It's a big year for the 2018s and you don't want to be numbers 18-34 on the Terps team!

not 91 extreme, they are a better team then the 2018 terps and even if maybe a handful could make 91 but my guess is the better kids that might be able to make the extreme are not the ones looking to move. outlaws and FLGreen are more likely destinations for kids that might be looking to leave terps

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only reason a kid will leave the 2018 Terps is if he does not make the team. But every kid realizes there are tryouts and they have to earn their spot and they continue to work very hard for it. Kids and parents love the team. It is strange how many parents from other programs come and spend time on the LI Express forum. I wonder what that reveals...maybe it is where they really want to be. If so there kid should try out. If there kid is a good kid and great player he will always have a chance. Probably not many express parents hanging out on other teams forums, mainly because they are very happy where they are and focused on all the opportunities Express makes possible for our kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no need to call out a kid, he would be a very good player on any 2018 B team and probably contribute on a few "A" teams, no need to ridicule a kid because of the sins of the father. He has improved greatly over the years and he knows his place and does not complain about playing time, he is a great kid and you are an a$$ for calling him out like that - these kids all read this site.

Not saying anything that is not true so why be so defensive. Parents wants to bring out the truth when it helps their position and bury the truth when it hurts their agenda. Lacrosse is the world of entitled liberals who can justify all their actions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder how you would feel if that was your son being spoken about that way. Or better yet I wonder how your son would feel. Terrible role model.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not saying anything that is not true so why be so defensive. Parents wants to bring out the truth when it helps their position and bury the truth when it hurts their agenda. Lacrosse is the world of entitled liberals who can justify all their actions.

So who decided you are in charge of calling out player ability on here. If so proud and righteous to spread the truth , why don't you put your name on it?

Coward!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only reason a kid will leave the 2018 Terps is if he does not make the team. But every kid realizes there are tryouts and they have to earn their spot and they continue to work very hard for it. Kids and parents love the team. It is strange how many parents from other programs come and spend time on the LI Express forum. I wonder what that reveals...maybe it is where they really want to be. If so there kid should try out. If there kid is a good kid and great player he will always have a chance. Probably not many express parents hanging out on other teams forums, mainly because they are very happy where they are and focused on all the opportunities Express makes possible for our kids.

Haha that's funny!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too funny, TOB is being discussed and it is liberals causing all of the wrongs in the world. I think it is angry people of all types (like you) that are making things the way they are. Mean people.....unfortunate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the dad works in the Town of Oyster Bay and gets Channy field permits.

Lacrosse is the world of entitled liberals who can justify all their actions.

Say what you want about my kid but call me a liberal and I will find you and ..........

Like Reply Quote
Page 68 of 144 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard