BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 25 1 2 3 4 24 25
Re: Girls 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thank you for a very informative response.

Does anyone have any similar type of information on the Liberty and how they set their teams, how practices are run, who travels to tournaments, etc.?

Yes, teams are picked by taking all the Manhasset kids and giving them uniforms.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to disagree with the afterthought comment, at least for this year. The new (last year) director of the girls’ side ran a great program. Great communication, instruction and a great family atmosphere. It was my daughter's first year in a travel program, and she loved it. A lot of attention from top coaches, mostly HS coaches with college assistants, and she really grew from it. They are finally following the YJ formula of HS coaches supplemented with college girls. I did hear from my friend whose daughter played there two years ago that it was an afterthought, but the girls program is its own entity now from what we experienced and the girls’ director made it a top experience.
Several of the older teams were very good, showing well in the top tourneys (undefeated in the Capital Cup) ect. And my daughters' young team had some good talent, and hopefully will draw some more this fall.

This was in regards to the 91 Girls program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for a very informative response.

Does anyone have any similar type of information on the Liberty and how they set their teams, how practices are run, who travels to tournaments, etc.?

You should really call the teams you are interested in and hear what the teams have to say and not listen to what goes on here. Ask them about tryouts, practices, fall tournaments, winter leagues, number of kids on a team, what's included in the fees, etc. DO not do your research on here. I would have wound up in a bad place had I listened to the people on here and after talking to the clubs and attending 4 tryouts, you will see and feel what is right for your child.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to disagree with the afterthought comment, at least for this year. The new (last year) director of the girls’ side ran a great program. Great communication, instruction and a great family atmosphere. It was my daughter's first year in a travel program, and she loved it. A lot of attention from top coaches, mostly HS coaches with college assistants, and she really grew from it. They are finally following the YJ formula of HS coaches supplemented with college girls. I did hear from my friend whose daughter played there two years ago that it was an afterthought, but the girls program is its own entity now from what we experienced and the girls’ director made it a top experience.
Several of the older teams were very good, showing well in the top tourneys (undefeated in the Capital Cup) ect. And my daughters' young team had some good talent, and hopefully will draw some more this fall.

Are you sure they were writing about 91? It doesn't sound like it. The girls program is a complete train wreck! Good communication? Organized? There is no way this is about the 91 girls program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. We couldn't have been happier with the 91 program this year. We will definitely be back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, I know quite a few girls that were very happy this year. There was a definite turn around and I think the program will only get stronger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do see your point, however, the Elevate program at the early high school level is driven based on his daughter being on that team (who is a good lacrosse player)and his personal relationships with parent coaching. My daughters team did not go to any important tournaments and we had only 13 girls on the team. We will not be coming back to try out. That is not to say that Elevate would not be a good program for her daughter. But I stand by my comments. My daughter did get great practices out of the program. He also has burned alot of bridges with lacrosses coaches which I know for a fact. Has been told not to return to tournaments for various reasons. He is known to be explosive at games. These are all facts. If you have been around lacrosse for a few years you would know this information. He can also be very rude when he wants to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you sure they were writing about 91? It doesn't sound like it. The girls program is a complete train wreck! Good communication? Organized? There is no way this is about the 91 girls program.

Yes, I was refering to 91. Was very happy with the return on investment and my daughter loved it. I know from friends that this was not the case several years ago, but the new director and coaches were great this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter LOVED her 91 coach this year and great communication and good side line with NO drama.
I would suggest to do your research and make the best decicion for your girl. 91 was great, and can't go wrong with TG, YJ either. All great programs. TG and YJ do draw top talent, and the talent on my daughter's 91 team was solid, and they are really growing.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter LOVED her 91 coach this year and great communication and good side line with NO drama.
I would suggest to do your research and make the best decicion for your girl. 91 was great, and can't go wrong with TG, YJ either. All great programs. TG and YJ do draw top talent, and the talent on my daughter's 91 team was solid, and they are really growing.

The 91 girls better not get comfortable. Once 91 buys yellow jackets their spots on the top team will go away

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 91 girls better not get comfortable. Once 91 buys yellow jackets their spots on the top team will go away

It must be true that 91 is buying YJ because you read it on the internet........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be the YJ girls that should be nervous. The spots will be filled by effort and ability, not the fact that they were on the Hornets 4 years ago or that their big sisters were YJs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is this coming from? The first I heard of this was on here, but very often the rumor mill is the start of the public leak. Is Spallina buying out YJ? Is there a merge or is this just more stirring the pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be the YJ girls that should be nervous. The spots will be filled by effort and ability, not the fact that they were on the Hornets 4 years ago or that their big sisters were YJs.

You are saying the girls 91 teams are better than the YJ Teams? Interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is this coming from? The first I heard of this was on here, but very often the rumor mill is the start of the public leak. Is Spallina buying out YJ? Is there a merge or is this just more stirring the pot.

Its coming from TG parents starting crap.....Not heard this from anyone else...With 91, both boys and girls side, and DEF not true.....Almost laughable!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not saying better, just that a merger provides an oppty for an organization to get rid of some of the political baggage at the bottom of their rosters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know about 1/2 dozen girls left 91 for Elevate last year, the kids and parents said that the talent at Elevate is way beyond 91 and the program itself is so much better. I can only tell you from speaking to parents that have experienced both. I don't know anyone who left elevate for 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This wS the first year for. 91. Girls that the response has been so positive. If girls left last year, they have not experienced the changes. 91 needed to spend more time and d edgy on the girls side. The new director and coaches did a great job. I do think it will continue to grow and be positive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know about 1/2 dozen girls left 91 for Elevate last year, the kids and parents said that the talent at Elevate is way beyond 91 and the program itself is so much better. I can only tell you from speaking to parents that have experienced both. I don't know anyone who left elevate for 91.

Well, my daughter's team had girls that left from TG Black and YJ. But that being said, go to a program that works for you and your daughter, and if it is Elevate, that's great. I just wanted to correct someone who was stating as fact that has no idea what they are talking about. 91, as of this past year was well run, with communication and coaching being top notch. That is fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VERY TRUE - My friend came over from 91, said teh programs are NOT comparable on ANY level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were 6 2021 girls on the Icon 2020 team. There were a total of 23 girls on the team roster. For a first year team, they did well winning the Shamrock Shootout and LI LaxFest.

They won Shamrock because all the other 2020s were playing up in 2019. It was a rebel vs green machine final for the real 2020 teams that took place up in 2019. If you think Icon could even step on field with either of those teams, you are dreaming. You think you won the tournament but you have no idea what is really going on.

Programs are not built overnight..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ's were working the sidelines this summer looking to expand to even more teams and girls. Will be a very interesting Fall. What does that say about the other programs if people would rather be on the 6th or "F" team rather than bee on the 2nd team of a another program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ's were working the sidelines this summer looking to expand to even more teams and girls. Will be a very interesting Fall. What does that say about the other programs if people would rather be on the 6th or "F" team rather than bee on the 2nd team of a another program?

It says there a lot of dumb uninformed people drinking lots of Honey Flavored Kool Aid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It says a fool and their money are quickly parted

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, my daughter's team had girls that left from TG Black and YJ. But that being said, go to a program that works for you and your daughter, and if it is Elevate, that's great. I just wanted to correct someone who was stating as fact that has no idea what they are talking about. 91, as of this past year was well run, with communication and coaching being top notch. That is fact.

Girls didn't leave TG black, they got cut

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who would really pay to be on a 4th/5th/6th/7th team? Why? Absurd. Those teams are not recognized by that club at ALL!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree 91 was very well run this year and the coaching was top notch. They might not be as talented as some other clubs but they are definitely moving in the right direction. Interested to see where this program will be in the next few years with the Spallinas and all the high school varsity coaches involved. Say what you want about how much of a family Elevate has become but when push comes to shove the CSH kids come first as do the Manhasset kids at Liberty. Also Elevate is starting to price themselves out of many communities just look at how expensive their camps are double the price of what Top Gun offers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree 91 was very well run this year and the coaching was top notch. They might not be as talented as some other clubs but they are definitely moving in the right direction. Interested to see where this program will be in the next few years with the Spallinas and all the high school varsity coaches involved. Say what you want about how much of a family Elevate has become but when push comes to shove the CSH kids come first as do the Manhasset kids at Liberty. Also Elevate is starting to price themselves out of many communities just look at how expensive their camps are double the price of what Top Gun offers.

There's not a large percentage of CSH kids at Elevate. Coaches kids and owners buddies kids come first

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True about the lack of talent at 91, that is obvious if you ever watch them. Sounds like it's being run better though. My daughters Elevate team had 2 CSH kids which is less than 10% so I wouldn't say that is a lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True about the lack of talent at 91, that is obvious if you ever watch them. Sounds like it's being run better though. My daughters Elevate team had 2 CSH kids which is less than 10% so I wouldn't say that is a lot.

Lack of talent is clearly an issue with 91. MOST not ALL but most of their teams (80% or so) do not play in any competitive tournaments. They play mostly in tournaments on LI and dont fare too well. They do not go to National Draw, Lax for Cure, etc. like YJ, TG, Elevate, etc. and play teams like M&D, Skywalkers, etc. Most 91 teams are not exposed to high level competition. I would think the fact that they play in low level tournaments and play B level teams and do not fare well, makes them a C Team. Again, this for MOST of their age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lack of talent is clearly an issue with 91. MOST not ALL but most of their teams (80% or so) do not play in any competitive tournaments. They play mostly in tournaments on LI and dont fare too well. They do not go to National Draw, Lax for Cure, etc. like YJ, TG, Elevate, etc. and play teams like M&D, Skywalkers, etc. Most 91 teams are not exposed to high level competition. I would think the fact that they play in low level tournaments and play B level teams and do not fare well, makes them a C Team. Again, this for MOST of their age groups.

If you mean MOST of their teams as their 3rd-7th grade, you are partially right. They go to Brine Club Championship where M&D And Skywalkers play. They go to tourneys on LI where YJ play (Babylon Lax Blast) and Hofstra where TG play. ALL of the grades above that go to all the top recruiting tourneys.
SO if you want your all star 4th grader to play other YJ teams and pay all the tolls and hotels in Maryland have at it! That's the biggest complaint from parents at that age group.
Getting the coaching and development with an age-appropriate tournament schedule is a good thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you mean MOST of their teams as their 3rd-7th grade, you are partially right. They go to Brine Club Championship where M&D And Skywalkers play. They go to tourneys on LI where YJ play (Babylon Lax Blast) and Hofstra where TG play. ALL of the grades above that go to all the top recruiting tourneys.
SO if you want your all star 4th grader to play other YJ teams and pay all the tolls and hotels in Maryland have at it! That's the biggest complaint from parents at that age group.
Getting the coaching and development with an age-appropriate tournament schedule is a good thing.

They used to say this about the boys 91 cub when it started. They had weak teams, would not be able to compete with express, etc. They got their boys program settled and soaring in about 6 years. During that time, they did lose sight of the girls program, which IMO- should not have been started until they solidified the boys program. I bet in a few years, 91 will be a strong girls club as well. It is about business, knowing lax/ having connections. Spallina knows about both. I think they will continue to bring in the bigger names for the girls, solid coaches, and in time you will see them growing. I find it interesting though, with the boys, they started focusing on the younger teams and grew the program up. With the girls, it appears they are focusing on some of the older teams first. GL to all the girls and may they land on a team where they are happy and learning. At the younger years, it should be about development and winning should not be a priority. The older years should be about exposure and recruitment. Winning is still important, but getting the kids into the right showcases and in front of the right coaches is half the battle. I think you will see continued positive growth in the girls program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was my older daughter's summer schedule. BTW National Draw is not a recruiting tournament Traveling with your 11 year old all over the Northeast to play other LI teams doesn't make your daughter better.
For the person who was asking about a good team for their daughter, read some of the comments here, the way they speak negatively about other programs; they bring that same crap to their sidelines!!
The ones that are on here just sayiing possitive stuff about their programs and not saying anything negative about other programs, I think says a lot about them and the programs they are involved in.

Summer Classic - June 7-8, Bel Air, MD 
Games on Saturday + Sunday

Player Waiver
Hotel: Best Western Plus Towson
Book Hotel
Schedule

Lax Inception - June 14-15 Bel Air, MD
 Games on Sat. + Sun.

Player Waiver
Hotel: Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn
Book Hotel
Schedule

The Grind - July 11-13 - Malvern, PA 

Player Waiver
Hotel: Double Tree Philadelphia Valley Forge *HOTEL CHANGE
Book Hotel

Capital Cup – July 17 - 18 - Midlothian, VA 
Games on Thursday + Friday

Player Waiver - team pin: SM4951
Hotel: Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Downtown
Book Hotel
Schedule

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was my older daughter's summer schedule. BTW National Draw is not a recruiting tournament Traveling with your 11 year old all over the Northeast to play other LI teams doesn't make your daughter better.
For the person who was asking about a good team for their daughter, read some of the comments here, the way they speak negatively about other programs; they bring that same crap to their sidelines!!
The ones that are on here just sayiing possitive stuff about their programs and not saying anything negative about other programs, I think says a lot about them and the programs they are involved in.

Player Waiver
Book Hotel
Schedule

Games on Sat. + Sun.

Player Waiver
Book Hotel
Schedule

Player Waiver
Book Hotel

Book Hotel
Schedule

This was my daughter's 91 summer schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Player Waiver
Book Hotel
Schedule

Games on Sat. + Sun.

Player Waiver
Book Hotel
Schedule

Player Waiver
Book Hotel

Book Hotel
Schedule

Thank you Team 91 Directors for posting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They used to say this about the boys 91 cub when it started. They had weak teams, would not be able to compete with express, etc. They got their boys program settled and soaring in about 6 years. During that time, they did lose sight of the girls program, which IMO- should not have been started until they solidified the boys program. I bet in a few years, 91 will be a strong girls club as well. It is about business, knowing lax/ having connections. Spallina knows about both. I think they will continue to bring in the bigger names for the girls, solid coaches, and in time you will see them growing. I find it interesting though, with the boys, they started focusing on the younger teams and grew the program up. With the girls, it appears they are focusing on some of the older teams first. GL to all the girls and may they land on a team where they are happy and learning. At the younger years, it should be about development and winning should not be a priority. The older years should be about exposure and recruitment. Winning is still important, but getting the kids into the right showcases and in front of the right coaches is half the battle. I think you will see continued positive growth in the girls program. [/quote]

Yes, it's great to have the Spallina name, but they don't have the right Spallina involved on the girls side - the one who coached HS County champs, D2 national champs and now D1 Stony Brook. His focus is on the boys side.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Player Waiver
Book Hotel
Schedule

Games on Sat. + Sun.

Player Waiver
Book Hotel
Schedule

Player Waiver
Book Hotel

Book Hotel
Schedule

Thank you Team 91 Directors for posting.

This was my point about poor communication from 91. Even on here the 91 staff posting the message above is posting hotel info for tournaments that have past. Their commuication is lazy. Example above. Nothing has changed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will admit that, as a dad who is new to Long Island Elite club lacrosse, I am a little surprised by the aggressive nature of the texts and the venom some of the programs (parents) seem to have for the other programs. In most of the tournaments my kids have played in over the years (not at elite level, but still high quality), the parents seems more concerned that the kids play hard and try their best, and have fun. Personally, I regularly cheer for girls on the other team who make a great shot or a nice save.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saw their 2018 team play this summer. They were just not competitive at any level against teams that were not very good. My friends daughter said going to some of the tournaments was absolute torture. She and a few other girls will not be going back.

Page 2 of 25 1 2 3 4 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard