BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 144 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2018 Express did, by far, the least competitive tournaments last year.
A classic last summer was traveling a few hours into PA to destroy a few teams instead of playing at a competitive tournament, LI Laxfest, right in their own backyard. Come on already.
This Fall playing against 6th grade town teams is really going to challenge the kids. Only ones getting any benefit from that is the kids on the town teams that have to actually work.
Lets not forget to mention the LACK of sportsmanship. Hey everybody we can score 40 plus goals in a game against younger kids and town teams. Weeeeeeeeeeeee. I'm sorry but if my son kept shooting I would be pissed. Teach the kids respect for the game and class.
Very surprised they actually went to Trilax.

point well taken, this is why Express players that stay in the program never develop into good players, never play in high school and never sign with good colleges, it is really a wonder how they can even get enough kids in an age to field a team, they suck - if you have a good 2018 team, please contact them and set up a game so your team can teach them a lesson.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's true they have always produced great players but it seems as though their younger teams are not as good as they used to be.
I never heard of them doing such garbage tournaments in the past. They always seemed to challenge the kids. Now it just seems like winning anything to throw pictures on the website to attract people. Just call it as I see it.
My children have been involved with the program for years.
They used to be the only game in town. Not anymore!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG When did this site turn into express bashing 101 site. For anyone to say that the express kids growing up don't go to good colleges or play good lacrosse is absurd. Sounds like they kicked your but and your jealous of a good program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG When did this site turn into express bashing 101 site. For anyone to say that the express kids growing up don't go to good colleges or play good lacrosse is absurd. Sounds like they kicked your but and your jealous of a good program.

sarcasm (ˈsɑːkæzəm)
1. mocking, contemptuous, or ironic language intended to convey scorn or insult

the post was obviously (or so I thought) sarcastic as it is obvious the talent that comes out of the express program year after year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The comment about Express players not being that good was sarcastic.
Read the whole post next time. I didn't even write it but its easy to figure out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
totally agree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is some BS man. Mike chanenchuck coached at least two blue teams in the last summer season and when your on the blue or any other color you get alot of time devoted to you by the coach. You can tell by just watching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to LI Express 2018 Orange on winning this past weekend at the Skulls and Bones tournament at the Greenvale School.Great job players and coaches!

they played 5/6 grade division right! come on! do what 2018 orange team 91 does they have been playing all u13 except 1 and another played 7/8.
-note they are 6 grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WoW I wonder which 91 Orange parent this could be doing all the bashing??? Let me guess...by the way 2018 Express Orange players did a great job playing some great 7th/8th grade(with a few 9th graders thrown in) competition today and won 2 and lost 1! Stop the hating,you made a choice be happy for your child and move on...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to LI Express 2018 Orange on winning this past weekend at the Skulls and Bones tournament at the Greenvale School.Great job players and coaches!

they played 5/6 grade division right! come on! do what 2018 orange team 91 does they have been playing all u13 except 1 and another played 7/8.
-note they are 6 grade.

has this team played any of the express 2017 teams? If they can beat any of them we'll talk.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Express Orange did beat 2017 Orange at the OBLL Turkey Shootout it was a great competitive game played by all the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone tell me what the differnce is between Express Orange and Blue girls teams? is one team an "A" team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are all the tryouts over? when do they post rosters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MY son now 14 and a maybe just a little big for his age now,but went through a very large growth spurt at age 11 and looked 13, I actually had a parent run after us after a game accusing us of playing our son down, some kids are bigger than others and people should not assume a kid is older just because he looks older.
I think most of these parents that have a problem with this have small boys, no matter what the new August 31st rule is there will always be players almost a year older as there are 12 months in a year.its very petty really,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are over for 2014,but not 2013, It typically takes about a week after final try outs to receive notice about team placement, I think most kids make a team, I think its more about placement.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Express just tweeted that their 2016 Orange (i think thats the baracuda group?) team beat all the teams at the Duke Invitational. They won a couple of games by 7 goals...tough comp at that tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious and I was one of those parents. Were there any refunds provided for any of the players placed on teams for the turkey shootout? My Son plays defense and his team was a combo team we had at least 10 longpoles on our team for 75 dollars per player not enough time in a game to please that many kids... Just wondering because my wife was told some would get refund.

Like Reply Quote
Long Island Express 2014 Teams
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on Express 2014 team selections?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's been more than two weeks, anybody?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a site that lists the teams in this tournament and/or results?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Express 2014 Teams
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you missed an email we heard a week ago what color 2014 team my son made and deposit was due last Friday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails were sent out last week there were however 130 boys trying out and only 3 teams of 24 made up ,so over 50 boys may not have made a team,unless maybe they are adding a fourth team,they may be doing teams in order of ability to see who actually pays as we only had 24 hours to do so or spot was given to another kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's been more than two weeks, anybody?

Yes emails went out last wednesday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails were sent out last week there were however 130 boys trying out and only 3 teams of 24 made up ,so over 50 boys may not have made a team,unless maybe they are adding a fourth team,they may be doing teams in order of ability to see who actually pays as we only had 24 hours to do so or spot was given to another kid

Correction 48 hours not 24

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the LI Express 6th Grade Orange and 8th Grade Orange for winning the Winter National Tournament in NJ last weekand earned a spot to play at halftime of the Bi City Classic in April at the MetLife stadium.
Congratulations to LI Express Turtles team for winning in Tampa FL this weekend at the Dicks tournament. Nice job representing LI Express and Long Island lacrosse!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is getting out of control, all this money and we get nothing! my sons team hardly ever practices, what is going on here. we left the outlaws for this what a travesty!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which team are you on? i know some teams play more but there is additional costs involved. My son is on the Korwin team and i could not be happier (my son loves it)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly on the wrong one practice tops per week and no indoor league its glorified town ball! We played in one winter tournament and got embarrassed vs another travel team very disappointed, maybe thats why they want the money up front. I feel ripped off! Our coach coaches another express team as well problem is our team is in shambles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your sons team is a cash team. Its all about the $ at this point. The problem is that we keep paying the money. If your not on Orange the LI Express is just looking for the money. I have to say that they have a nice business model. Send your kid to public school and join another organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your sons team is a cash team. Its all about the $ at this point. The problem is that we keep paying the money. If your not on Orange the LI Express is just looking for the money. I have to say that they have a nice business model. Send your kid to public school and join another organization.

Really? It's about the $$? Well isn't every club about making $$? Isn't youth lax clubs a business? Aren't business SUPPOSE to try to MAKE $$$$?!!? Wake up son! Pay the $$ if your kid is LEARNING the proper way to pay lax! A way that u might not know how to teach your kid yourself..,therefore u PAY someone like the Express Directors. Trust me, Express is NOT only about $$!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can you explain our coach NEVER practicing or hardly ever practicing No leagues then puts our kids in a tournament setting them up for failure (getting embarrassed)!! He coaches his other sons team (which cant even wear express colors) and thats all he cares about! We have had more payments then practices! Just find a different coach if you dont have the time. $$uggh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? It's about the $$? Well isn't every club about making $$? Isn't youth lax clubs a business? Aren't business SUPPOSE to try to MAKE $$$$?!!? Wake up son! Pay the $$ if your kid is LEARNING the proper way to pay lax! A way that u might not know how to teach your kid yourself..,therefore u PAY someone like the Express Directors. Trust me, Express is NOT only about $$!

Not every club is a business. There are clubs that don't make money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly on the wrong one practice tops per week and no indoor league its glorified town ball! We played in one winter tournament and got embarrassed vs another travel team very disappointed, maybe thats why they want the money up front. I feel ripped off! Our coach coaches another express team as well problem is our team is in shambles.

ADVICE!!! If your team is in a shambles, contact Mike Chanenchuk directly and i guarantee he fixes it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not every club is a business. There are clubs that don't make money.

Ok, fair enough. So, if not every club makes $$? How good is that club? Who is COACHING those "freebie" clubs? You get what u pay for.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

ADVICE!!! If your team is in a shambles, contact Mike Chanenchuk directly and i guarantee he fixes it!

I have no doubt that he will fix it, that being said I know that the teams you make and payments made are for Summer 2012 and practices for that do no start untill May. We were offered additional fall and winter programs and they were at an additional cost and strictly voluntary. This is my first year with Express and my son and I could not be happier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No doubt we have some 91 parents claiming to be Express parents. Just curious, Is it your week to go over to Joe's house and clean his bathrooms. Keep kissing his butt. Do you really think he cares about your sons skills more than he does getting his picture posted on the website with his finger in the air. Think about it..........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why are some teams practicing more than others!!?? ONCE A WEEK with no winter leagues you think is ok? This has NOTHING to do with 91 people! Sounds like we are on the same team! This is ok with you? Its not for me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HI BOBBY we knew it was you!! How have you been!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow! there couldn't be an express family having a bad experience, could there? It's this arrogant attitude that typifies the express experience. This program is just a cash and publicity grab for most families. Just telling it like it is!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should really read what you're writing. You're just making a fool of yourself.
No doubt we have some 91 parents claiming to be Express parents. Just curious, Is it your week to go over to Joe's house and clean his bathrooms. Keep kissing his butt. Do you really think he cares about your sons skills more than he does getting his picture posted on the website with his finger in the air. Think about it..........

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 144 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard