BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 24 25
Girls 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
BOTC is opening our Fall 2014 through Summer 2015 thread covering the Girls 2020 (7th Grade) age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If we're going to have to play a significant amount of our summer games against other yj teams the very least cr can do is make the mitchell field scrimmages a club party and have a big bbq there for us

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is 2020 Icon? Does anyone know about try outs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. This will be our first year of girls' travel lacrosse. We will be coming from Queens so it will be tricky. Any suggestions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thank you. This will be our first year of girls' travel lacrosse. We will be coming from Queens so it will be tricky. Any suggestions?

Stay away from the teams that practice in suffolk county. You will never get there and back in any reasonable amount of time. I know that Team Elevate is in Cold Spring Harbor (Nassau County) and Liberty is in Nassau as well. Many of the others are in Suffolk.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stay away from the teams that practice in suffolk county. You will never get there and back in any reasonable amount of time. I know that Team Elevate is in Cold Spring Harbor (Nassau County) and Liberty is in Nassau as well. Many of the others are in Suffolk.

Play soccer locally, queens has tons of good teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Icon is out of Nassau County as well...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not all 2020. Mixed with 2021

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the suggestions. I think my daughter is going to try out for both Liberty and Elevate. We went to a few Elevate clinics this Winter. Coach seemed like a good guy and also hear good things about Liberty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty is out of Manhasset. Good program. Some Express Girls practice at Kellenberg in Uniondale. Good Luck, Soccer is for Fall. :-)

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will they stay mixed? How are they as a competitive team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the suggestions. I think my daughter is going to try out for both Liberty and Elevate. We went to a few Elevate clinics this Winter. Coach seemed like a good guy and also hear good things about Liberty.

I would go watch liberty and elevate in a fall tourney before commiting to either one - lots of craziness on elevate sidelines

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would go watch liberty and elevate in a fall tourney before commiting to either one - lots of craziness on elevate sidelines

Liberty is just not that good. But they are local.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. Good to know. Definitely not interested in sideline craziness . Uniondale is pretty easy to get to for us. I didn't realize that Express had a girls' program. Will look into that also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. Good to know. Definitely not interested in sideline craziness . Uniondale is pretty easy to get to for us. I didn't realize that Express had a girls' program. Will look into that also.

Who practices or plays in Uniondale?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express is mostly boys program now. The girls program has gone downhill the last several years. I would go to a few and see what you think. I wouldnt listen to people who say things like (crazy parents, etc.), those people are far more crazy since they are the ones sitting on here ridiculing other clubs. Go and see for yourself and you can judge what is crazy or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fairly new program, have a lot of mixed aged teams since they are new. Saw them play this summer, talent wasnt very strong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As per Webster Dictionary............

Definition of Crazy: mad, insane <yelling like a crazy man> AKA Yellow Jacket Parent

Definition of Insane: mentally disordered : exhibiting insanity AKA Yellow Jacket Parent when daughter's team is losing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't listen to all the noise on here. Experience it for yourself. The Elevate clinics are excellent and you have seen that for yourself and the program is run the exact same way. Incredible attention to detail. Talk to them if you are interested, experience the difference for yourself. Ask questions but the last thing you should so is listen to the loudmouths on here. We called and looked around and you should do the same. See which programs are willing to give you the time of day when you call and that will be the experience you have when you join. What you see is what you get.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 has a nice B level program and is very well run just think the practices in Farmingdale might be a little far from Queens. Do not be insulted but if you are from Queens some of the top clubs like Yellow Jackets, Top Guns and even Liberty may be a little overwhelming for your daughter if she hasn't been playing for the last five years. Maybe look at South Shore and Wave practice in Nassau and are reasonably priced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

had a 2021 on Elevate this summer. she had an incredible time. it was our first year. very competitive team. beat Top Guns 2021 Black and lost 3-2 in a playoff game to best YJ team so by LI standards we held our own. the club is super family oriented and my daughter made a lot of nice friends BUT I will say, go to a couple of tryouts. We did and we saw what was out there. tryouts alone will give you a vey good idea as to what a club is like and how it is run and how the parents are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 has a nice B level program and is very well run just think the practices in Farmingdale might be a little far from Queens. Do not be insulted but if you are from Queens some of the top clubs like Yellow Jackets, Top Guns and even Liberty may be a little overwhelming for your daughter if she hasn't been playing for the last five years. Maybe look at South Shore and Wave practice in Nassau and are reasonably priced.

With the exception of one older age group, team 91 is not strong at all. My daughter played there and it is a BOYS program. Girls are a complete afterthought. The program is completely disorganized. There was zero communication and people run I g it had no clue. A lot of girls left there last year and they had trouble fielding teams in some age groups and even had to have spring tryouts to fill rosters. If you have a boy then that would be the right move, this is not a girls program. South shore elite is small and unknown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for the advice. Sounds like a good idea.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definition of Crazy: mad, insane <yelling like a crazy man> AKA Yellow Jacket Parent

Definition of Insane: mentally disordered : exhibiting insanity AKA Yellow Jacket Parent when daughter's team is losing

Crazy parents is one thing-crazy director AKA Elevate is just plain embarrassing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crazy parents is one thing-crazy director AKA Elevate is just plain embarrassing

Dave is so crazy that he drops anything to help out any kid or family in need.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With the exception of one older age group, team 91 is not strong at all. My daughter played there and it is a BOYS program. Girls are a complete afterthought. The program is completely disorganized. There was zero communication and people run I g it had no clue. A lot of girls left there last year and they had trouble fielding teams in some age groups and even had to have spring tryouts to fill rosters. If you have a boy then that would be the right move, this is not a girls program. South shore elite is small and unknown.

I thought Team 91 was buying Yellow Jackets?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is so true, In last two weeks he organized charities for 2 elevate families in need due to tragic incidents - not something you would EVER see from another club. Things he doesn't publicize. He and this club is really what it means to be part of a club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not really know him, but my girls (including a 2nd grader) went to 2 of his clinics. They are not elite players, and he could not have been more attentive to them (including cutting and taping my little one's stick, which was a little too big).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What girls lacrosse camps are left on LI for the summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not really know him, but my girls (including a 2nd grader) went to 2 of his clinics. They are not elite players, and he could not have been more attentive to them (including cutting and taping my little one's stick, which was a little too big).

And, that is exactly how he is with the kids which is most important. The clinics he runs are amazing, high energy and takes time to watch EVERY kid regardless of age, skill, etc. This is why people need to experience things for themselves and not listen to what people say on here. or listen to the "I heard".....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is so true, In last two weeks he organized charities for 2 elevate families in need due to tragic incidents - not something you would EVER see from another club. Things he doesn't publicize. He and this club is really what it means to be part of a club.

Not to mention the charity work he does for underprivileged kids during the holiday season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who practices or plays in Uniondale?

The NY Islanders !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were 6 2021 girls on the Icon 2020 team. There were a total of 23 girls on the team roster. For a first year team, they did well winning the Shamrock Shootout and LI LaxFest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were 6 2021 girls on the Icon 2020 team. There were a total of 23 girls on the team roster. For a first year team, they did well winning the Shamrock Shootout and LI LaxFest.

They won Shamrock because all the other 2020s were playing up in 2019. It was a rebel vs green machine final for the real 2020 teams that took place up in 2019. If you think Icon could even step on field with either of those teams, you are dreaming. You think you won the tournament but you have no idea what is really going on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, they played well against town teams. Nothing wring with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the truth about the Coach. He is a man who is a very good coach at practices and does run a family-type club. Everyone stays together but as in any club, there are cliques. He is very driven to make Elevate a strong name on the East Coast. The club is very organized. However, he is very good to the people/players in his inner circle and on his top teams. If you are on a lower team, your team is just practice to the top teams. You and your daughter will feel a little left out. He practices all teams together which is not a good thing if you are on a lower team. On the top team side, there is parent coaching and they definitely promote certain players over others. Our team did not go to the tournaments we should have this year. If you don't drink his Kool-Aid you will hate being there and so will your daughter. The lower teams are an after thought.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No offense but they only have 1 descent team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for a very informative response.

Does anyone have any similar type of information on the Liberty and how they set their teams, how practices are run, who travels to tournaments, etc.?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to disagree with the afterthought comment, at least for this year. The new (last year) director of the girls’ side ran a great program. Great communication, instruction and a great family atmosphere. It was my daughter's first year in a travel program, and she loved it. A lot of attention from top coaches, mostly HS coaches with college assistants, and she really grew from it. They are finally following the YJ formula of HS coaches supplemented with college girls. I did hear from my friend whose daughter played there two years ago that it was an afterthought, but the girls program is its own entity now from what we experienced and the girls’ director made it a top experience.
Several of the older teams were very good, showing well in the top tourneys (undefeated in the Capital Cup) ect. And my daughters' young team had some good talent, and hopefully will draw some more this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the truth about the Coach. He is a man who is a very good coach at practices and does run a family-type club. Everyone stays together but as in any club, there are cliques. He is very driven to make Elevate a strong name on the East Coast. The club is very organized. However, he is very good to the people/players in his inner circle and on his top teams. If you are on a lower team, your team is just practice to the top teams. You and your daughter will feel a little left out. He practices all teams together which is not a good thing if you are on a lower team. On the top team side, there is parent coaching and they definitely promote certain players over others. Our team did not go to the tournaments we should have this year. If you don't drink his Kool-Aid you will hate being there and so will your daughter. The lower teams are an after thought.

Interesting take on things but not quite the same as our experience. Have a kid NOT on a top team and thought the practices were great. We welcomed the opportunity to practice with the better teams, playing with better kids, makes you better. We did not feel left out at all. Totally felt like we were part of the club and kids had a great bonding experience with girls on many of the teams. And yes, coaches play the better kids (it is competitive travel lacrosse) and no matter what club/team you play on, that will be the experience where better kids will play more. However, overall, the playing time was very fair and my child was not one of the better kids. Our Elevate experience was a great one and look forward to returning next year.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard