BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24
Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
BOTC is opening our Fall 2014 through Summer 2015 thread covering the Boys 2021 age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else see the 91 Mom go to fists on the sideline??? what are we in the Bronx?!
Wow, 10 years on the sidelines, and that is the first I've see of a chick fight...In front of the kids too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bronx? you mean what rock.
Wolverines lost to 91 in the championship game.
That being said the wolverines players and parents have more class then 91 even after a loss. I couldn't believe the 91 mom
Went after an express grandma, she had to be pulled away.
The grandma was cheering on her grandson I guess a little to
Loud for the 91 mom. Funny because 91 has the
Loudest parents around.
Who goes to attack a grandma at a lax game?
Guess we know that answer. That was after a win
Imagine what a great example she will set after a loss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing compares to the Barracuda Sachem parent , who is the most Obnoxious loud mouth always yelling at the refs ,his kid , and other parents at every tournament we see him at . Now that's a guy who needs help with his anger issues ! Hate to see what he looks like when his kid is in high school .

Originally Posted by Anonymous
That being said the wolverines players and parents have more class then 91 even after a loss. I couldn't believe the 91 mom
Loudest parents around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loudest parents around.

Some people have no class, no matter what team their kid is on. I'm sure she'll be wearing a different organization shirt in the future. Thankfully the parents at my kids games were pretty good this year (both sides), I can't say the same about his dekhockey games.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another 91 parent who is out of control, now there is a surprise!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 11 year oil is still talking about it this morning, he said, " II didn't think moms do that."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should hook her up with the Barracuda nut job daddy.

quote=Anonymous]Another 91 parent

who is out of control, now there is a surprise! [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weekend was totally nuts!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know the Mom in question and I'm not surprised by her actions. I have seen her and the crew yell at parents many times. Her husband has also had yelled and cursed many times from the sideline. I witnessed a lot of bad sportsmanship by all the 91 teams!!! I witnessed a father encouraging his son to hurt someone else and then celebrating when the kid was carried off the field. We used to play for 91 and went elsewhere do to their constant antics.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not all. 91 teams have these behaviors- been with the club with my sons over the years and can honestly say, the majority of all the parents at 91 and other teams are fine, respectable families. It's the few rotten eggs, here and there, that brings a club it's bad reputation. It's a shame and an embarrassment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any comments on the game? This was the reason that we all were there, right? The game was well played by both sides. It is unfortunate what happened after the game. Any comments from the Wolverine's about the new player from Icon? I feel sorry for the player that lost his spot to the new addition for the last game. We all spend a lot of money for our kids to play on an elite team. It's not right to do that for a win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any comments on the game? This was the reason that we all were there, right? The game was well played by both sides. It is unfortunate what happened after the game. Any comments from the Wolverine's about the new player from Icon? I feel sorry for the player that lost his spot to the new addition for the last game. We all spend a lot of money for our kids to play on an elite team. It's not right to do that for a win.

Was he there as a guest player or he joined the team for the end of the season? What position? I can see a coach wanting to try a new player to see if he fits before next season, but I totally see what you are saying- someone got less playing time if this kid started and bumped another rosetted since the try outs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard he left Icon, big blow to their team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the Igloo director at Laxfest talking to the kid fo a very long time. I guess he picked Express where his brother played. Icon was an A- to A team with him. I wonder if this will knock them down to the B ranks if he left.
Heard he left Icon, big blow to their team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard there are a few "A" Players out there in 2021 that are thinking about moving on from their teams to try something different. I am expecting a shake-up next season with Igloo still the team to beat....Everyone is gunning for top talent. Should make for a great fall tryout schedule. If these programs were smart they would offer partial scholarships or else they could fins themselves on the end of a losing season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG - 'merit' scholarships for youth club lacrosse.

It seems so ridiculous, but it certainly could make sense from a team's point of view to grab a real difference-maker . . . until everyone does it. Then could you end up with the bottom half of the roster paying more so discounts can be used to attract better players. I would say that this could never happen, but then I remember that is exactly what is happening with many colleges and most law schools now in our post-US News/World rankings world.

Seriously, I certainly hope clubs save scholarships for quality kids whose parents can't or can barely afford it. I think clubs should find a way for any kid good enough to make the team to be able to play regardless of money (we actually had good luck getting hotels to offer comped rooms for a couple scholarship kids.)

Do most clubs offer full "scholarships" to a kid that can make the team (not a star) whose parents don't have any money? I certainly didn't see it on a few websites when I checked, but I thought most did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loudest parents around.

Some people have no class, no matter what team their kid is on. I'm sure she'll be wearing a different organization shirt in the future. Thankfully the parents at my kids games were pretty good this year (both sides), I can't say the same about his dekhockey games.

Which dek hockey team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that is done already. Especially for goalies. Although I think the individual coaches are more in favor of this then the owners/Directors. Cant imagine why
I heard there are a few "A" Players out there in 2021 that are thinking about moving on from their teams to try something different. I am expecting a shake-up next season with Igloo still the team to beat....Everyone is gunning for top talent. Should make for a great fall tryout schedule. If these programs were smart they would offer partial scholarships or else they could fins themselves on the end of a losing season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the same thing , Grass is greener on the other side syndrome . I heard that many organizations have been congragating a list of the ones who hop around from team to team too each year , that's not a good sign when these organizations are in bed with each other .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously, you are quite misinformed and a sore loser to boot. Shame on you for forming an opinion on a matter which didn't involve you or go down the way you suppose it did!! The wolverine parents & kids were devastated with the final outcome of the laxclash tournament but overall it was a well played finale.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was thinking same thing. Plenty of Dek Hockey parents I always imagine as some of the lacrosse parents. Last year we are going to play @ the Sports Arena. I know one 8-9 yr olds mom with a bad reputation there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me a break...this is nothing new....how many times have you seen some kid show up and play on a PAL team that they are NOT on. How many times have you seen a GROUP of kids show up to a tournament and play for a club and have never attended a practice. It happens all the time. Coaches will bring in a kid or kids to get a win or try someone out. But now when it happens to you all of a sudden it's not fair. There are no rules in lacrosse unfortunately. It is here to stay. It sucks but it will never change. I have been seeing this happen for years.

Was he there as a guest player or he joined the team for the end of the season? What position? I can see a coach wanting to try a new player to see if he fits before next season, but I totally see what you are saying- someone got less playing time if this kid started and bumped another rosetted since the try outs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He didnt leave ICON. Season was over for Icon and he was invited to play for the Express . The ICON player will be back with ICON in the Fall for the tryout.
Express must be getting nervous needing to recruit 5th Graders to compete vs 91.
Not looking to start a BOTC war here just clearing up the 5/6 grade lacrosse rumor mill.
What a Joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is awesome when your kid gets asked to play for another team, right? But then when someone is asked to play on your sons team and your kid gets bumped...not so great...what goes around comes around...it happens to the best of us so be careful what you wish for

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was done in typical Express fashion...took on a player a tournament... sat the others who paid for the season...nothing new here..guess they really wanted to win versing real competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now you want to give partial scholarships to 11/12 yr olds ? Are you out of your mind. Most club parents can afford it trust me. There's enough talent on LI to replace a young "stud" who's parents are probobly crazy. This whole lax scene is crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2021 91 parents are an absolute embarrassment. I cannot believe the language and the way they scream at everyone's kids on the field. Bunch of low-life's. Where are the classless ones from anyway?
My older son was recruited this past year. His coach told us that the second thing the college coaches asked ( after what his grades were) was, what are the parents like?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He didnt leave ICON. Season was over for Icon and he was invited to play for the Express . The ICON player will be back with ICON in the Fall for the tryout.
Express must be getting nervous needing to recruit 5th Graders to compete vs 91.
Not looking to start a BOTC war here just clearing up the 5/6 grade lacrosse rumor mill.
What a Joke

So why would the Express ask a player who has no intention of leaving his current team to play one tournament? Is winning the tournament that important? Why would the parents of that Express team allow this? Maybe beating 91 at what was considered a home tournament was more important then finishing the season with the players that that gave them a very good summer season. If I was parent on that team I would be pissed!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express didnt "need" the player to beat 91. They have beat 91 the last 2 times they played them on their own. The higher ups asked that the kid play on that team for that tournament. And yes the parents should be pissed. But that is typical Express. It is what it is and anyone who knows Express knows this is how they do things.
What a Joke

So why would the Express ask a player who has no intention of leaving his current team to play one tournament? Is winning the tournament that important? Why would the parents of that Express team allow this? Maybe beating 91 at what was considered a home tournament was more important then finishing the season with the players that that gave them a very good summer season. If I was parent on that team I would be pissed!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Higher ups? And you know this how?
Coming from Anonymous I would say your theory is not credible, but yes wolves beat 91 before , maybe just relying on an outside talent a bit to much , causing them to lose in championship. Parents being pissed on the wolves is nothing new as most likely this statement is coming from a disgruntled Wolve parent . As on 91 you hear the same drama on that end . Parents if you see the writing on the wall in the beginning of the season and you think your kid is the next Paul Rabil then jump ship, this is youth lacrosse , there's an [lacrosse] for every seat out there ! Don't become a cancer to the team and bash on the sidelines, throughout the season. I can't tell you how many parents I stood with on the sideline who consistently bashed a coach and player the whole season , but stood in front of the coaches with a smile like everything is okay. Or better yet the ones who bash , go directly to the coach after a game and bitched , and usually that's the parent who acts inappropriate on the sidelines and you can't blame a coach for his decision making of the kids playtime .then you have the ones who go shopping during the season trying to get recruited to another travel program for the next season while trying to mantain his current situation without a glitch , only to be exposed by the coaches they approached , causing a bad reputation to follow .
All for the Glory of youth Ncaa lacrosse .
Take a deep breath , people you need to relax and take your son fishing .

Express didnt "need" the player to beat 91. They have beat 91 the last 2 times they played them on their own. The higher ups asked that the kid play on that team for that tournament. And yes the parents should be pissed. But that is typical Express. It is what it is and anyone who knows Express knows this is how they do things.
What a Joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It just gives the appearance that they brought in someone to make sure they won. Someone who apparently had no intention of leaving Icon. Have faith in the kids that gave you a pretty good summer season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said!
Coming from Anonymous I would say your theory is not credible, but yes wolves beat 91 before , maybe just relying on an outside talent a bit to much , causing them to lose in championship. Parents being pissed on the wolves is nothing new as most likely this statement is coming from a disgruntled Wolve parent . As on 91 you hear the same drama on that end . Parents if you see the writing on the wall in the beginning of the season and you think your kid is the next Paul Rabil then jump ship, this is youth lacrosse , there's an [lacrosse] for every seat out there ! Don't become a cancer to the team and bash on the sidelines, throughout the season. I can't tell you how many parents I stood with on the sideline who consistently bashed a coach and player the whole season , but stood in front of the coaches with a smile like everything is okay. Or better yet the ones who bash , go directly to the coach after a game and bitched , and usually that's the parent who acts inappropriate on the sidelines and you can't blame a coach for his decision making of the kids playtime .then you have the ones who go shopping during the season trying to get recruited to another travel program for the next season while trying to mantain his current situation without a glitch , only to be exposed by the coaches they approached , causing a bad reputation to follow .

What a Joke

What a Joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good point and food for thought. Next time you get a phone call or email to "help out" remember how it affects others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very well put together point that is !

Especially the ones who are never happy .

Well said!

What a Joke

What a Joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays on the Barracudas and they had new players show up during the season. We won't be back next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays on Wolves and will be trying out for Barracudas

My son plays on the Barracudas and they had new players show up during the season. We won't be back next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It gets worse as they get older on Express. New kids showing up all year. The coaches aren't safe either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's the same tryout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered