The CBLaxers.com Elite 88 Showcase & The Igloo Elite 80 Showcase Camp Are Now Open for Registration - Limited Spots!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,272
Posts349,281
Members2,504
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 54 55
Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
Joined: Feb 2014
T
Chief Admin
OP Online Content
Chief Admin
T
Joined: Feb 2014
BOTC is opening our Fall 2014 through Summer 2015 thread covering the Boys 2022 age group.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
BOTC is opening our Fall 2014 through Summer 2015 thread covering the Boys 2022 (5th Grade) age group.


Here we go!! laugh

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the Rising Sons again cause some waves as they beat United in pool play but get dropped 5-3 in Finals. I'll give credit where it is do. For a first year program they've done a great job. I met the director at the First Look Camp he had his son....probably up here recruiting kids, lol.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
BOTC is opening our Fall 2014 through Summer 2015 thread covering the Boys 2022 (5th Grade) age group.


Here we go!! laugh

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the Rising Sons out of?

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Rising Sons are a great team. In my opinion, much better than United. Just saying...

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Express is going to be the team makes it to elite level this season. Coaching change.

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Malvern PA

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2022 Express is going to be the team makes it to elite level this season. Coaching change.


Who is taking over?

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2022 Express is going to be the team makes it to elite level this season. Coaching change.


Who is taking over?


Rising sons

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching change for the worse, director taking over so he can take credit for the core group that was developed by previous regime. Typical of that organization. Heard most if kids leaving anyway, tired of the nonsense and a parent calling the shots for that team whose kid didn't even make it, but paid his way on another express team.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Raising Sons at SBU were not from Malvern PA. They were some Allstar team with kids for 5 different states including a few from Manhasset 32. Very good team with a great Goalie. championship was a great game with United beating 5-3. Both team played very well.

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, not an "all-star" team. We are a lacrosse community here in the mid atlantic. Parents and coaches were asked if they had kids that wanted to play a tournament. 6 groups of kids from 5 states. The core was from malvern and philly- then deleware, baltimore and even a family from Florida was in town. Rising Sons organized it. The Rising Sons are one of the groups that "get it" in youth lacrosse. Great time was had and the boys really enjoyed it- they just went out and played... 91 was a very good team as was much of the other competition. Fun youth lacrosse...

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why make an All Star team from 5 different states at the 4th grade level? What does it proove when you play kids from one community... I think its pretty crappy - come to long island and play with your club team and see what happens.

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Malvern PA


Come visit maryland.

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2022 Smash team looked really good today at Stony Brook.... i did not see any week spots... can't imagine them actually having any turnover unless parents are unhappy with playing time.
Thoughts ?

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually, not an "all-star" team. We are a lacrosse community here in the mid atlantic. Parents and coaches were asked if they had kids that wanted to play a tournament. 6 groups of kids from 5 states. The core was from malvern and philly- then deleware, baltimore and even a family from Florida was in town. Rising Sons organized it. The Rising Sons are one of the groups that "get it" in youth lacrosse. Great time was had and the boys really enjoyed it- they just went out and played... 91 was a very good team as was much of the other competition. Fun youth lacrosse...


Thanks for showing us what genuine feel good lax looks like, unfortunately, we did that and do that periodically on li already. That all said, bring your best and play smash.,the current best li team in this age group. See here in li, we gave plenty of options for feel good lax but we like to be the best.

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Sons are drawing kids from Delaware and Maryland. However nearly every kid comes from the mainline area. Watch how the next few summers shake out with this club. Big things brewing.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why make an All Star team from 5 different states at the 4th grade level? What does it proove when you play kids from one community... I think its pretty crappy - come to long island and play with your club team and see what happens.

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the Sons come from a 15 square mile area, Long Island is 1400 Square Miles, so PA in turn has "rec teams" competing with your Travel Teams. "Come to the Island and see what happens" loser, they did and won Shamrock, beat Igloo, beat united, outlaws, legacy, crush, express, 3 village, jesters, etc.

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And the Sons come from a 15 square mile area, Long Island is 1400 Square Miles, so PA in turn has "rec teams" competing with your Travel Teams. "Come to the Island and see what happens" loser, they did and won Shamrock, beat Igloo, beat united, outlaws, legacy, crush, express, 3 village, jesters, etc.


All teams you listed are second tier teams. Smash will crush the sons team.

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What yr are you talking about??? 2022?
Never played half those teams. We r on express, never played them

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually, not an "all-star" team. We are a lacrosse community here in the mid atlantic. Parents and coaches were asked if they had kids that wanted to play a tournament. 6 groups of kids from 5 states. The core was from malvern and philly- then deleware, baltimore and even a family from Florida was in town. Rising Sons organized it. The Rising Sons are one of the groups that "get it" in youth lacrosse. Great time was had and the boys really enjoyed it- they just went out and played... 91 was a very good team as was much of the other competition. Fun youth lacrosse...


Thanks for showing us what genuine feel good lax looks like, unfortunately, we did that and do that periodically on li already. That all said, bring your best and play smash.,the current best li team in this age group. See here in li, we gave plenty of options for feel good lax but we like to be the best.


This type of post and attitude is why so many people, regardless of age group, think Smash parents are white trash losers. Nothing against the kids, they play great lax but parents epitomize the word "tools"

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say always about playing time, if you son is on the bench with Smash, wouldn't you want him at this age to play and improve his game to be better??? Smash bench would say could start on other clubs, unless you like your son to be a role player then stay on Smash, I rather have more playing time!!!

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And the Sons come from a 15 square mile area, Long Island is 1400 Square Miles, so PA in turn has "rec teams" competing with your Travel Teams. "Come to the Island and see what happens" loser, they did and won Shamrock, beat Igloo, beat united, outlaws, legacy, crush, express, 3 village, jesters, etc.


All teams you listed are second tier teams. Smash will crush the sons team.



If they are all seconf tier, who is first tier? Just smash?

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Sons are drawing kids from Delaware and Maryland. However nearly every kid comes from the mainline area. Watch how the next few summers shake out with this club. Big things brewing.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why make an All Star team from 5 different states at the 4th grade level? What does it proove when you play kids from one community... I think its pretty crappy - come to long island and play with your club team and see what happens.


Anyone can put together an All Star Team from various states. Play with your club team and support the kids that play with your club, unless you want to advertise yourself as a national team, like others do. We were also told by some older kids that they are reclassifying, even though a mother denied it, the kids confirmed it in front of her. I really wish parents would put academics first and I am sad to hear that Sons is doing it in lax now too. So yes, some things might be brewing...lol.

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Express Minutemen have never played Sons. Team Li white U10 has never played sons. To go a step further I was told on Saturday by the parent of a Son's player that they were rising 6th graders. If this is true they could not even win a bracket when they played down.

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The huge number of club teams on long island makes your argument about 1400 square miles moot. LI Lax is becoming watered down with so many clubs popping up. SMASH is clearly #1 - and you could have made at least another 3 "ALL STAR" Teams out of the LI teams there were at SB this weekend - that would have beaten SONS.

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never seen Sons in Maryland tournaments

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was not an all star team this weekend it was just some dad putting his kid in one additional tournament that he heard good things about. Since he was short he made some cold calls and got some kids from other states. Thats how we got involved. The kids never practiced together and for the most part had not met each other until Saturday at 1:30 in the afternoon. For 80 bucks it seemed like a pretty decent way to spend the weekend. United played a great game beat us in the ground ball and clearing department. Hopefully he is able to get a solid full time team together for next year and come up again.


Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely - we did not practice - but had great chemistry. SMASH will be no problem for us next year if they want to play in the right grade... I say bring it on.

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
T
TV Coach
Unregistered
TV Coach
Unregistered
T
Three Village does not belong in this conversation. We are a town team only. The only ones on our team are the ones that will be attending the same high school. I thought we gave the Sons a run for their money. Our game ended 3-1. Hats off to them. The team was made up of at least 3 different states and 4 kids from Manhasset. Overall it was a great way to end the year.

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Absolutely - we did not practice - but had great chemistry. SMASH will be no problem for us next year if they want to play in the right grade... I say bring it on.


Bring it

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TV Coach
Three Village does not belong in this conversation. We are a town team only. The only ones on our team are the ones that will be attending the same high school. I thought we gave the Sons a run for their money. Our game ended 3-1. Hats off to them. The team was made up of at least 3 different states and 4 kids from Manhasset. Overall it was a great way to end the year.
why call it Rising Sons then? When my son plays a tournament with mixed kids, they go under a different name, so as not to misrepresent themselves. I think it is great that kids from all over got together and had a good run, but then call it what it is- a thrown together team- with it's own name.

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TV Coach
Three Village does not belong in this conversation. We are a town team only. The only ones on our team are the ones that will be attending the same high school. I thought we gave the Sons a run for their money. Our game ended 3-1. Hats off to them. The team was made up of at least 3 different states and 4 kids from Manhasset. Overall it was a great way to end the year.


Completely Agree!! Same goes for Manhasset 32, Garden City, Farmingdale, Port, and others that I am missing...

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they meant the Sons in general between their 2020s 2021s and now 2022s that they beat some of our best teams. I saw with my own eyes the 20194 Sons pound crush. I'm convinced it was that game that mad spallina stay in the 2020 bracket all summer
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What yr are you talking about??? 2022?
Never played half those teams. We r on express, never played them

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Absolutely - we did not practice - but had great chemistry. SMASH will be no problem for us next year if they want to play in the right grade... I say bring it on.


Bring it


Smash is never hard to find. They will play anyone on age or otherwise. They may not win....but they will play. Any team that has played them knows they will always give them their best. They are fun to watch and fun to play against.

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Absolutely - we did not practice - but had great chemistry. SMASH will be no problem for us next year if they want to play in the right grade... I say bring it on.


Bring it


Why not win a 4th grade A tournament first before talking smack to Smash?

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We did win. Patriot Games last week went 5-0

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We did win. Patriot Games last week went 5-0


Patriot Games.... LOL.

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for some input; son is an A type player.
Just wondering which way to look when tryouts begin.
Would appreciate some input, thank you

Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express A team has some openings, director taking over and looking to bring the team to the next level. The team took a big step this season and is looking to get to the next level. Team has a strong core that it wants to add to. Of the so called top teams, the best chance for a roster spot will be will Express.

Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4