RIGHT>>>>>>OK...... I believe that,

Re: Colleges, Coaches, Recruitment : 2013-2014
bothkidsinlax #70401 07/23/14 12:42 PM
P
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
P
Originally Posted by bothkidsinlax
Regarding the questionnaires that each college requests, we are doing them for all colleges my daughter is interested in. Additionally, we are doing a few more for "reach schools"

Is it a good idea to get the kids name into these additional college data bases? It's a lot of work, hopefully worth it???

IDK, it is a lot of work with not a lot of return. What the questionnaires get you is a ton of invitations to camps and clinics. Any coach that is really interested is going to see you in tournaments, they're not trollling their questionnaire respondents. That's my feeling, anyway.

Sponsored Links
CageSage #70426 07/23/14 02:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I don't understand is why not attend the camps and clinics? This is how football is recruited, again I understand there is not a huge club circuit in football bar the 7v7 which is non existent on LI , but the camps are where the offers are made.

The kids I know who got recruited early, D1 schools for lacrosse, did the camps and clinics of the schools they wanted. Takes the power away from the club scene, and why not?

One kid I know, not even on anything but school team, only went to the camps from 7th grade on. Had an older sibling playing D1 and so I suppose knew better than to drop thousands on travel but gave to camps/clinics instead.

Anonymous #70474 07/23/14 06:49 PM
P
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
P
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What I don't understand is why not attend the camps and clinics? This is how football is recruited, again I understand there is not a huge club circuit in football bar the 7v7 which is non existent on LI , but the camps are where the offers are made.

The kids I know who got recruited early, D1 schools for lacrosse, did the camps and clinics of the schools they wanted. Takes the power away from the club scene, and why not?

One kid I know, not even on anything but school team, only went to the camps from 7th grade on. Had an older sibling playing D1 and so I suppose knew better than to drop thousands on travel but gave to camps/clinics instead.

I think if you go the camp route you have to have very specific target schools. Camps often overlap dates, not to mention the cost of the camp and getting there. Camps are also money makers for the coaches, so they'll tell you anything to get you there.

Powderfinger #70895 07/27/14 07:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by bothkidsinlax
Regarding the questionnaires that each college requests, we are doing them for all colleges my daughter is interested in. Additionally, we are doing a few more for "reach schools"

Is it a good idea to get the kids name into these additional college data bases? It's a lot of work, hopefully worth it???

IDK, it is a lot of work with not a lot of return. What the questionnaires get you is a ton of invitations to camps and clinics. Any coach that is really interested is going to see you in tournaments, they're not trollling their questionnaire respondents. That's my feeling, anyway.

IDK what the truth is, but we just had meetings with two top ACC schools that saw my son at showcases, one invited him to school camp. It was very small very legit, and include there current recruits. Coaches made it very clear that they are limiting the time on the tournament circut in favor of Showcase/Camps and their own Prospect day. Others say it going all towards prospect days. Who knows?

Anonymous #70901 07/27/14 08:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my experience with my daughter , I can tell you that I made many mistakes, but none bigger than relying on tournaments for her main recruiting exposure. She is now committed and I asked her college coach about this very topic. The coach told me that they use Tournaments to see how players play in game situations, and to see how parents react on the sideline, but it's at camps and clinics where they get a real feeling for a players true talent, coach ability, and to see how they interact with the college team already in place. Her travel club is all almost all committed and 90% of them got that way from camps, not at tournament.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
BOTC SPONSORS