BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 112 of 220 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
To be honest the TG U15 team did OK. In the Quarterfinals they obviously had the more difficult bracket. They lost to YJ Gold by a goal. It was a very competitive game and could have gone either way...a couple of TG goals disallowed. But kudos to YJ Gold they played great all tournament and were the better team

The TG team lost their consolation to Steps by a goal as as well. Another very competitive game. The Steps team lost by 2 to YJ Blue 2017 in the quarters...their closest game by far. The other side had Liberty and Eagle Stix...decent teams but not the same caliber as the others. Elevate and YJ Blue 2018 were the only teams on that side and both ended up losing to both YJ 2017 teams...

Again, this my opinion...not looking for an argument just how I saw it. Congratulation to the YJ organization...

To be honest you lost to the third best YJ U15 team. Then lost to steps which your TG friends were saying is a B level club 2 weeks ago. My guess TG stops sending teams as it does not look good for them even in the 2020 group as again their best players will not go.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OH stop! What's next? Celebrating coming in as the 8th place loser? Don Henley "Get Over It"! Learn it, love it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't appreciate that your saying Elevate was the easier schedule. This team competes at a very high level, has beaten YJ 17Blue recently and if we were to play YJ 2108 20 times we would win 19 of the meetings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really can't believe parents are complaining about no tent or food etc.. I would rather have the director focus on other things like coaches, calls etc.. tents, food etc should be coordinated by team parents. a parent on my sons team send around a link with what s needed and parents sign up for what they will bring. but for a tourney run by a program it would be wise to have one big tent for all in the program for their own tourney.

TG parents HAVE been complaining about coaches, lack of communication, favoritism, etc., they just get hungry sometimes

All good reasons to go try another club, and complain to them about whatever their issues are. There are issues everywhere! Go somewhere else and [lacrosse] about tents and food...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't appreciate that your saying Elevate was the easier schedule. This team competes at a very high level, has beaten YJ 17Blue recently and if we were to play YJ 2108 20 times we would win 19 of the meetings.

I agree that it is unfair. It is also unfair to say you beat YJ17 Blue recently when you know their entire team was not at that tourney.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be honest the TG U15 team did OK. In the Quarterfinals they obviously had the more difficult bracket. They lost to YJ Gold by a goal. It was a very competitive game and could have gone either way...a couple of TG goals disallowed. But kudos to YJ Gold they played great all tournament and were the better team

The TG team lost their consolation to Steps by a goal as as well. Another very competitive game. The Steps team lost by 2 to YJ Blue 2017 in the quarters...their closest game by far. The other side had Liberty and Eagle Stix...decent teams but not the same caliber as the others. Elevate and YJ Blue 2018 were the only teams on that side and both ended up losing to both YJ 2017 teams...

Again, this my opinion...not looking for an argument just how I saw it. Congratulation to the YJ organization...

To be honest you lost to the third best YJ U15 team. Then lost to steps which your TG friends were saying is a B level club 2 weeks ago. My guess TG stops sending teams as it does not look good for them even in the 2020 group as again their best players will not go.
How would u even know the best 2020 TG players, and IF they would go to the U15 tournament 3 years from now.! Ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would u even know the best 2020 TG players, and IF they would go to the U15 tournament 3 years from now.! Ridiculous.

I believe the point is some of the "best" 2020 players would have to play up for their U-15 tourney as they are older than the other players on the 2020 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come no scores posted for lacrosse by 3 tournament? Doesn't biscuits more and top guns doesn't want to
Pay this fee. Second rate tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whats ridiculous is how blind you are, everyone knows who the best player on your team is, everyone knows who some of the other key players are, 2 others. What not everyone knows is how old these kids are, my guess is 2 out of three will not go because they cant go due to age restrictions. Also tells me why they are your better players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was wondering that too. Also where are the vendors

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come no scores posted for lacrosse by 3 tournament? Doesn't biscuits more and top guns doesn't want to

Don't go next time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go across the street to Mitchell Field and play 25 minute games and pay an admission fee

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whats ridiculous is how blind you are, everyone knows who the best player on your team is, everyone knows who some of the other key players are, 2 others. What not everyone knows is how old these kids are, my guess is 2 out of three will not go because they cant go due to age restrictions. Also tells me why they are your better players.
My daughter is on TG but not in 2020 age group, so no, I have no idea who the best players are. Your obsessing about 11-12 year old girls is creepy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree with you completely. You got lucky with your northern rise win over 17 cook. Had the two teams played each other at U15 the score would not have been close at all. The truth is 18s will beat you more times than not and 17 Gold will beat you every time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree what a loser, no class

No class is elevate coach screaming at a ref in front of these young girls. You bet we were proud , you bet we wore our medals on the plane, you bet we would announce it, and don't think for a second you wouldn't do the same. Elevate parents were dancing, yes dancing, after their win in Northern Rise. We won with dignity and class. Not once did our coaches argue with refs, especially in front of other kids and college coaches. Spin it however you want-YJs swept U15. Our teams work their butts off and you all come on here and do anything you can to put us down and talk about how happy you are that you're not a part of our teams but your incessant bellyaching about us proves differently.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. The pendulum is always swinging. Congratulations it is in your favor. Stupid! I'm thinking it might be time to grow up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the top no class move of the day at Hofstra with the 2017 Black against 91 with a close game at hand the cheapest and dirtiest defensive move with a severe cross check from the black defender into a 91 middie with a full force on the run slam from a wooden shaft breaking it over an arm , then BS blaming 91 that the girl ran into his defenseman really??? . HEY SHANNON ,, time to teach daddy to learn how to deal with situations when your girls are at 100% fault . A red card that hopefully bans her from tournament ?? That's seems far fetch when they run tournie
I think your Black team has met their match ! Like to see these two teams in championship . Money on is on titanium !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the top no class move of the day at Hofstra with the 2017 Black against 91 with a close game at hand the cheapest and dirtiest defensive move with a severe cross check from the black defender into a 91 middie with a full force on the run slam from a wooden shaft breaking it over an arm , then BS blaming 91 that the girl ran into his defenseman really??? . HEY SHANNON ,, time to teach daddy to learn how to deal with situations when your girls are at 100% fault . A red card that hopefully bans her from tournament ?? That's seems far fetch when they run tournie
I think your Black team has met their match ! Like to see these two teams in championship . Money on is on titanium !!

Wahhhh. Your kidding right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wasn't cheap wasn't dirty please they were playing lacrosse get a grip or tell your daughter to play tennis!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wahhhh. Your kidding right.

Score? Heard black lost yo a C level Massachusetts team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was at Hofstra today and noticed that Top Guns plays a ver "aggressive", borderline dirty, Yellow Jacket brand of lacrosse. The teams are assembled to win at all cost, but not taught the rule of the game. They were constantly swinging there sticks with recklessness, in what was mostly feeble, dangerous attempts at checks. I did not hear a single coach attempt to remedy this. Now maybe they did on the side lines, or after the game. The Top guns girls also constantly innitiated contact with there sticks horizontal to the ground (pushing), backed into girls while going for ground balls (also pushing), or with possession of the ball, with there back to the defender, push there way through defenders (charging). If I was a parent of a girl on Top Guns, I would be more interested with these problems, and not with who should be bringing food and tents to tourney. With the amount of money you pay your daughters should be taught how to play the game properly, not like a bunch of Yellow Jacket thugs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical do wrong denial! , get a grip? that's why the refs called SS to the field , just to let her know how great her defender is at "playing lacrosse" ? Whatever mommy only grip that needs to happen here is to control your daughter which evidently that's something you cannot do. Karma!

wasn't cheap wasn't dirty please they were playing lacrosse get a grip or tell your daughter to play tennis!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All clubs at that level play the same hard aggressive style of lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys keep confusing "hard aggressive style" with "dangerous, illegal style". There is a difference and often times the Top Guns and Yellow Jackets cross that line. It seems to reason that it is coached that way. Or at the very least, when the line is crossed there isn't corrective action taken by the coaches. There needs to be better officiating across the board (RED cards used) and new rules put in place. There definitely should be limits to fouls per player and maybe per team like is done in basketball. As it stands now, the dangerous play is rewarded and therefore will continue to be taught by the less ethical organizations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about 2018 game? Nooo way top guns should have one. Heroes clearly and I say with confidence clearly better team. Refs just continued to favor tg. Clear trip on heros kid who actually got injured on play. Tg kid tripped kid cause she got burned so she tripped her. Kind of a good penalty to take or other kid would have broken out. But not good in that it was clearly dangerous cause heros kid was running fast Tg had to struggle to catch up and win and poor heros playing against 13 not 12 because elderly man ref just kept ignoring tg fouls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No all clubs on this level don't, because most clubs at this level teach how to play the game. Why don't you stop rationalizing and demand your coaches teach the right way. Your girls can still win and not be thugs. Don't turn into the Yellow Jackets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Go across the street to Mitchell Field and play 25 minute games and pay an admission fee

And you play YJ and Beach Bums teams great competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about 2018 game? Nooo way top guns should have one. Heroes clearly and I say with confidence clearly better team. Refs just continued to favor tg. Clear trip on heros kid who actually got injured on play. Tg kid tripped kid cause she got burned so she tripped her. Kind of a good penalty to take or other kid would have broken out. But not good in that it was clearly dangerous cause heros kid was running fast Tg had to struggle to catch up and win and poor heros playing against 13 not 12 because elderly man ref just kept ignoring tg fouls

TG won 4 to 3 in a 25 minute game....TG also beat them 11 to 5 in Summer Classic...you are right Heros is a better team. Heroes scored 2 goals in first couple of minutes and TG struggled to score 4 straight goals, giving up a third goal with a minute left. Sorry your daughter slipped and fell down...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys keep confusing "hard aggressive style" with "dangerous, illegal style". There is a difference and often times the Top Guns and Yellow Jackets cross that line. It seems to reason that it is coached that way. Or at the very least, when the line is crossed there isn't corrective action taken by the coaches. There needs to be better officiating across the board (RED cards used) and new rules put in place. There definitely should be limits to fouls per player and maybe per team like is done in basketball. As it stands now, the dangerous play is rewarded and therefore will continue to be taught by the less ethical organizations.

Sounds like the same Liberty parent on the YJ thread. Tennis anyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please, parents that never played any form of lacrosse, and this is 80% or more, buy a rule book and learn the rules before you open you mouth and sound ignorant. It's only $14.00 and will do you and your daughter a world of good. but for starter look at this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNW3Wk-Qfuw

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget the Grind...Heroes lost to SJS In semis and TG beat SJS 9 to 4 in finals...Heros is better...

TG won 4 to 3 in a 25 minute game....TG also beat them 11 to 5 in Summer Classic...you are right Heros is a better team. Heroes scored 2 goals in first couple of minutes and TG struggled to score 4 straight goals, giving up a third goal with a minute left. Sorry your daughter slipped and fell down...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please, parents that never played any form of lacrosse, and this is 80% or more, buy a rule book and learn the rules before you open you mouth and sound ignorant. It's only $14.00 and will do you and your daughter a world of good. but for starter look at this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNW3Wk-Qfuw

Have read the rules, the referee manual and more importantly have watch hundreds of youth, college and national level games. You are not living in reality. But keep preaching, csn I get an amen!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since this is a tournament where they state champions will be crowned, how come no results are posted? It would be nice to see who won since we played but did not advance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Go across the street to Mitchell Field and play 25 minute games and pay an admission fee

Missing the whole point of the Elite tourney. It's not a championship format so there's no Tshirt to win, just a huge successful great bunch of girls and their families getting together supporting each other and having fun. This is such a great way to end the summer season and I love that all teams are there to support each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's brought two teams up with them. How did the other one do? Did they do? I heard that one Maryland team did not even get out of pool play in 2019. Was that the other Hero's team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget the Grind...Heroes lost to SJS In semis and TG beat SJS 9 to 4 in finals...Heros is better...

Would you two stop fighting which2018 team is better. Reality both clubs are way sub par in this age group. M&D, SkyWalkers and YJ are miles ahead and I can name a dozen other teams that are better. You guys are seriously fighting over the 20th spot, irrelevant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Go across the street to Mitchell Field and play 25 minute games and pay an admission fee

Missing the whole point of the Elite tourney. It's not a championship format so there's no Tshirt to win, just a huge successful great bunch of girls and their families getting together supporting each other and having fun. This is such a great way to end the summer season and I love that all teams are there to support each other.

I also enjoy playing just YJ teams and supporting CR. I gladly shelled out my $10 bucks at the door.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Go across the street to Mitchell Field and play 25 minute games and pay an admission fee

I also enjoy playing just YJ teams and supporting CR. I gladly shelled out my $10 bucks at the door.

Yuck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yuck

You're actually supporting your child being involved in a great program but if you have a problem shelling out $10 at the door you need to go somewhere else. I gave $20 gladly and told them to keep the change. Oh and we also bought some $10 yj tshirts and a backpack and were happy to do it. You can all look at it negatively, I haven't once regretted having my girls involved in the yellow jackets. If any of you are move one. For all of you "others" that come on here and constantly bash the program, you're obviously jealous and obsessed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I took all I had not to pop the guy from top guns who was making fun of my child this morning, I did not because she could not hear your stupidity! I relay hope that is not what you are teaching your child, my daughter has had a good time playing she has made good friends and I look forward to her becoming the best she can be and that includes being nice to others....

Like Reply Quote
Page 112 of 220 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard