BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 70 of 70 1 2 68 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was 18 when I graduated high school.
Your telling this young man is 18 going into 10th grade??
Shouldn't be allowed, this must be a typo.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a typo.....played U17 box last year. What a joke!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You LI dads are such idiots. Forget for a second that you are scouring the Internet looking for evidence of cheating.

Has it occurred to you that maybe the kid is playing up in that league? LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not a typo.....played U17 box last year. What a joke!!!!!

wait until he gets redshirted

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You LI dads are such idiots. Forget for a second that you are scouring the Internet looking for evidence of cheating.

Has it occurred to you that maybe the kid is playing up in that league? LOL.

yes it did right up to the point where it said he turned 18.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy there cowboy. I saw him play last weekend with Ottowa Capitals 2016s. I thought it was odd and maybe a mistake he was a 2017. I looked at the tournament guide and it said Jan 1996 birthdate. Turning 18 before high school tryouts as a freshman is pretty ridiculous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy there cowboy. I saw him play last weekend with Ottowa Capitals 2016s. I thought it was odd and maybe a mistake he was a 2017. I looked at the tournament guide and it said Jan 1996 birthdate. Turning 18 before high school tryouts as a freshman is pretty ridiculous

Jan 1996 DOB should be in College this fall. No?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing up???? Are you nuts!!!!! He's 18 as a freshman!!!
What are you talking about. There is no defending an 18 ur old freshmen unless he's a freshmen in college

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is four months older than my son who will be a college freshman lacrosse player this fall..... and 10 months older than me when I entered my freshman year of college. Something has got to change here. Was at a recent ACC camp, 6 of their current recruits for the fall where there, all 19 and older. It's just insanity now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is four months older than my son who will be a college freshman lacrosse player this fall..... and 10 months older than me when I entered my freshman year of college. Something has got to change here. Was at a recent ACC camp, 6 of their current recruits for the fall where there, all 19 and older. It's just insanity now.

I agree its out of control. Here on LI they say it isn't happening but thats a lie. And speaking of Duke and held back LI players well many of us know the player committed to Duke. I know many of you are saying at least he isn't held back 2 or 3 times like their latest Attack commit 18 year old, but its the same issue. How does this stop?? Can it ever stop??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no rule against repeating 8th grade like a lot of MD kids do. I think it is weak but the strategy works. But this is just mind bending. Duke will get a kid who will turn 23 in first year of college!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS athletic associations do have maximum ages - this boy should not be allowed to compete in HS competions the year he turns 20

He will spend 2 years not playing lacrosse

Also as an adult would think he has some degree of added liability when competing with children

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel bad for the 2017 leftie attack players who didn't get this spot. What are they supposed to do to earn a spot, take 9th grade classes over and over to catch up? That's the bad part. Kids who work hard and see this happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't imagine what kind of HS experience a kid would have, senior girls would not date a freshman, freshman dads won't let their daughters date an 18 year old. By senior year a kid held back that much will be able to by booze, etc., and he will be more emotionally developed than his classmates.

Does this happen in the sports where there is an actual pro-sport outcome with multi-million contracts after college?

I know hockey players wait a few years after HS, play junior league then go to college, that system makes more sense academically and socially, finish HS in the correct year and take some classes at the CC so you can have a lighter course load when you start college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't imagine what kind of HS experience a kid would have, senior girls would not date a freshman, freshman dads won't let their daughters date an 18 year old. By senior year a kid held back that much will be able to by booze, etc., and he will be more emotionally developed than his classmates.

Does this happen in the sports where there is an actual pro-sport outcome with multi-million contracts after college?

I know hockey players wait a few years after HS, play junior league then go to college, that system makes more sense academically and socially, finish HS in the correct year and take some classes at the CC so you can have a lighter course load when you start college.

I wonder if it would occur to top coaches to suggest a different path to kids who are reclassifying or being encouraged to. When you reclassify in 8th or 9th grade it almost always means a transfer into a private HS. That's an extra tuition bill year or many. Why wouldn't NCAA coaches say I will give you a four year scholarship, but I want you on campus to do a red shirt year at your parent's expense. The kid would get a lot more out of it socially, lacrosse and get ahead a bit on academics to make the load less over five years. The really good lacrosse players aren't really being pushed as well to spend that last year in HS as a 19 year old or older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take a look at Jameis Winston.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
buy..as in 'to purchase'...is spelled "b u y"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to Wikipedia he was 18 when he entered college, is that correct? What is the connection I am missing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not exactly the best example of being "emotionally developed" multiple arrests and investigated for a rape before the age of 19.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone had better start thinking D3, my kid included. The number of hold backs and legit freak athletes involved in this sport now is off the meters.
The number of kids who would have been D1 football prospects just 10 years ago from places like Florida, Texas and Cali are turning up in Lax now. Think Jadaveon Clowney in the midfield.... JJ Watt with a long pole, or Johnny Mansiel as an attack. With those kind of athletes out there it will be pretty tough for a LI kid with great stick skills to break through. Hate to break it to you all, but that's where all this is going.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to Wikipedia he was 18 when he entered college, is that correct? What is the connection I am missing?

Apparently correct. I retract. We return to regularly scheduled programming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone had better start thinking D3, my kid included. The number of hold backs and legit freak athletes involved in this sport now is off the meters.
The number of kids who would have been D1 football prospects just 10 years ago from places like Florida, Texas and Cali are turning up in Lax now. Think Jadaveon Clowney in the midfield.... JJ Watt with a long pole, or Johnny Mansiel as an attack. With those kind of athletes out there it will be pretty tough for a LI kid with great stick skills to break through. Hate to break it to you all, but that's where all this is going.

I dont know about that....I just watched a bunch of committed D1 true 2017's from LI have no problem in Denver. And I watched the LI committed D1 kids from LI that are on age beat older Crabs, Patriot & West Coast Stars a few weeks ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stephen Keogh cuse attackmen, born 2/87 freshman year at cuse 08 was 21yrs old. Not a new trend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont know about that....I just watched a bunch of committed D1 true 2017's from LI have no problem in Denver. And I watched the LI committed D1 kids from LI that are on age beat older Crabs, Patriot & West Coast Stars a few weeks ago.

His general point is correct. You won't be seeing a lot of 5'7 rich white prep school kids saturating D1 rosters in a few years. The trend is not your friend. Kids can learn stick skills, they can't change their genetics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope you're not talking about the shelled ones. They didn't do much in Denver!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope you're not talking about the shelled ones. They didn't do much in Denver!

I am talking about the shelled ones, damm right. And they did more than "much". What team your kid on and where is he committed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am talking about the shelled ones, damm right. And they did more than "much". What team your kid on and where is he committed?
If you would be so kind and address previous unanswered posts - why did they not go as team, others have submitted that they were age ineligible, is this the case or not? this is a yes or no question. Don't convolute with travel distance and costs as some have already, committed or not committed. Remember, "shock the world"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you would be so kind and address previous unanswered posts - why did they not go as team, others have submitted that they were age ineligible, is this the case or not? this is a yes or no question. Don't convolute with travel distance and costs as some have already, committed or not committed. Remember, "shock the world"?

Like I said. They did nothing. Could not produce when needed. Just the facts. Sorry if you can't handle it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't say our kids won't earn spots, they will. The trend however, is not in the LI kids favor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't say our kids won't earn spots, they will. The trend however, is not in the LI kids favor.

Completely agree. The game is beginning to attract elite athletes who otherwise might have played football, primarily. It seems that the concussion focus in football and the constant "grow the game" message by US Lacrosse is changing the dynamic. Duke is the prime example and indeed, the trend is irreversible. If you want to be a D1 middie in 5 years you better work on a 4.4 40.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was at a few of the games and again don't know if it was end of summer burnout, not really wanting to be there, the altitude, or what, but the FCA team other than the FOGO did not look like a team loaded with DI commits.

I'm not affiliated with the team, but when we played them several of the parents were telling us that the team had something like 15 commits on it? I don't know if that was true or not as our team only had 2 (both poles) so I was surprised when we beat them twice.

Please correct me if I am wrong about the number of commits on that team, but again was told by parents of kids on that team.

Page 70 of 70 1 2 68 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard