BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
Re: Boys 2016 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thats news to me about not having 2 of our best players? Where did you here that? We ended up practicing and were short one of our defenders who is a monster 13yr old 6-2 but we were covered. when we played you guys in DC we were short one kid. Our roster is light carrying 21 players. Crazy thing we have one player from NJ who drives down with his mother for every practice and a Mass boy who flies in.Both came to practice at BL (our home field in Balt) Both have parents who are from Balt and have granparents here.So as far as you know you folks will be doing all the travel? Doesnt seem fair as a couple teams are from Southern MD and Mad Lax from DC/Va.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were in philly and beat every team. We were disapointed. It had to come from your side and our coach relayed it through a couple parents your coach called him and said you would not attend without these 2 kids. Maybe they could practice but not spend the whole day. Listen win or lose thats the lacrosse that is fun to watch. We were 2 short with our faceoff kid out when we played you guys. Ask the looneys he is a game changer good luck I am sure we will see each other often Happy Holidays

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You the same. Lets introduce ourselves when we play.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Removed Player Reference Per Parent Request
Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yes I had hoped we would have been there. Thank you for the good wishes and same to you and yours

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 Express Orange are all 1998 except for a few late 97's, if those are same age as Crab players they are perfectly matched. First game was great to watch, looking forward to many more.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yes thats the ages of the Crabs U15 boys. This will be fun and good for both teams. By the way, Looneys is the name of the other team here in Balt. Not "the " Looneys. Many people make that mistake. Looneys is a pub in Fells Point (Batlt. city) whic sponsers them. Happy holidays to you and yours

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Express Orange 8th grade team won the Winter National tournament earlier today. They beat Dukes by a goal in championship game. Dukes beat Express in pool play. Seems like a good rivalry brewing there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by BashBros
Express Orange 8th grade team won the Winter National tournament earlier today. They beat Dukes by a goal in championship game. Dukes beat Express in pool play. Seems like a good rivalry brewing there.

Were the Crabs at that indoor tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No they do not seem to show up to very many events

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After watching the express vs dukes game it would be nice to see the dukes, express, crab and looney rivalry develop this year. Express has played both the crabs and dukes and both are incredible teams. Looneys played express well over the summer. Not to over look other teams but the outlaws who I respect and have a good team and are well coached came in fourth last week. There are way to many 10 goal plus wins at this level. Hopefully pictures on the web site come second and the brackets get picked to better competition not to watch blow outs week in and week out

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Orange and Dukes 8th grade teams have played eachother three times this fall and every game has been a nail biter. The players from both teams have benefitted greatly from playing in these evenly-matched high caliber lacrosse games. What makes these events even more enjoyable is the first class coaching and parents on both sides. Can't wait for the next time these two teams meet.

I agree with the previous poster that Express, Dukes, Crabs and Looneys should play eachother as much as possible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of players on the full summer squads are not in uniform in the fall due to other commitments such as football or basketball. Lets see what the summer brings...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The level of play at this age has changed greatly. Any teams that are not playing or practicing all year long are at a disadvantage. There is no team on the island who will wake up one day and be able to play with the dukes, crabs and looneys. The express play and practice every week. They are small compared to the other three teams. There is no teams on the island that will dominate these teams including the express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The level of play at this age has changed greatly. Any teams that are not playing or practicing all year long are at a disadvantage. There is no team on the island who will wake up one day and be able to play with the dukes, crabs and looneys. The express play and practice every week. They are small compared to the other three teams. There is no teams on the island that will dominate these teams including the express.

Very few if any kids at this age have eliminated all other sports to just focus on lax year round. If they have, I think its a mistake. I'm sure in Maryland the crabs and looney kids also play other sports in the winter. Its only the lax club program directors that would endorse dropping all other sports so they can continue to collect more fees for meaningless off-season tournaments, clinics etc. Lets see what happens when basketball, wrestling etc.. is over.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Crabs just posted their winter practice schedule for U15 and U13. Every Sunday from now untill NPYLL begins. Crabs director does specify winter sports come first though based on my expierence, Crabs boys are lacrosse players 1st and will all attend foregoing their winter sports. Crabs does not charge addtional fees for practices or tournaments in the fall or winter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The committment level to play for the Express this fall has not been so onerous that you can't play other sports. Most of the kids on the team are playing football, basketball and/or hockey. The Express coach is very understanding that kids play other sports in the fall. There are usually a handful of kids missing a practice or game as a result of their committments to other sports. Despite all the success achieved by this team, they have yet to field their full squad for any competition this fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The committment level to play for the Express this fall has not been so onerous that you can't play other sports. Most of the kids on the team are playing football, basketball and/or hockey. The Express coach is very understanding that kids play other sports in the fall. There are usually a handful of kids missing a practice or game as a result of their committments to other sports. Despite all the success achieved by this team, they have yet to field their full squad for any competition this fall.

Looks like a nice team but lets see how the summer plays out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws were missing 11 of their regulars so the team's performance was not truly indicative of how good the team really is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting comment, Express beat looneys twice in the same week end at Madlax Summer tour finale. Shock to the Looneys. The Express have beaten the Dukes 2 out of 3 times this fall. The express lost the only time they played the Crabs. Are you sure that no LI team will dominate the three? Looks like the domination has already started. Wake up....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting comment, Express beat looneys twice in the same week end at Madlax Summer tour finale. Shock to the Looneys. The Express have beaten the Dukes 2 out of 3 times this fall. The express lost the only time they played the Crabs. Are you sure that no LI team will dominate the three? Looks like the domination has already started. Wake up....

Easy big fella...take a deep breath...its only 8th grade...lets stay away from terms like "domination" and resist crowning any 8th grade team world champs just yet. Long way to go. The only thing for sure is that every team will have 50% turnover over the next two years and everything will look different from where we are now. Be humble, pray for no injuries and just enjoy the journey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am an express parent too. My point was these teams that think, come spring they can wake up one morning and compete with the better teams is not the case. Yes we have dominated individual events but if they played all these teams at one event I do not see one team going undefeated. I know the looneys reloaded this year and do not forget this is U-15 there will be older teams. With the exception of this team no long island team has dominated the "Maryland, DC," teams in a long time. These other teams will be ready to play this year. We should enjoy this year The lacrosse should be great. But other programs that have not competed at this level have no idea how good these teams are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the advice...I did not initiate the "dominate" comments. Please read all the posts before giving advice. As for enjoying the game at the 8th grade level..that is all I am doing. Enjoy

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Watch out for the Crabs this yr. Their U13 was very good last yr won NPYLL against a solid MAD LAX all star team and most tournaments they entered. Did loose a tight game to Looneys and to Green Turtle once at the end of the summer season using U11 goalies. Crabs only kept 6 players from that team for U15. The program is known to have "real " tryouts, so untill HS Sophmore its season to season and even that team is known to cut boys from previous yrs. So far in the fall(U15) they have beaten Looneys, Mad Lax (not too good not sure why)GT twice, and LI Orange/Cudas. All games in a dominate fashion. Another solid team down this way which does not get noticed is the Annapolis Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hang on there guy. They did not dominate the express you jumped out big in the first half and express dominated the second half. You were suppose to show up at the dukes tournament and were missing two players so you did not come. You have not played express at full strength. Only reason you dominated the first half was faceoffs. Our faceoff guy could not make it against you. Don't beat your chest so soon. We will see you March 30th. So far all the parents from the crabs and dukes are great people and respect good lacrosse win or lose. Please don't be the idiot on the sidelines

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's March 30? Is Express playing the Crabs that day?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
At first I enjoyed your email. Sorry about your fogo but since you make it a point we also were missing players. I guess the word "idiot" flows easily from your NY big mouth. Oh and yes you must not have been one of classy LI parents I sat near during the game. On the other hand your boys were outstanding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have given the crabs and all teams the upmost respect. One thing express has is great parents and kids. I go to every game and the parents and kids are always respectful to everyone. I did not call you an idiot I asked you not to be one. If you read earlier posts i have always said win or lose watching these teams play will be fun. I will not stoop to your level and attack your parents and team because the were all great to be around.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I dont know which posts are yours as you are listed as anonymous. Lets just say when you use the term "idiot" offense can be taken. With that said, I think we are on the same page. Please dont take things so seriously. Just some good natured talk between parents who are crazy about their kids sports. No harm meant when I described the game Crabs played against LI as dominating. I agree the halves were completely different. We did miss our 17 yr old 8th grader though who has been held back 3 times (just a joke).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of you will have to revisit this forum 3 years from now with a lot of mea culpas about how over-the-top ridiculously intense you all were. I guarentee that most of your boys are not nearly as intense about the "domination" of their summer club team as you are. All they want to do at this age is have fun playing with their friends. Three years from now none of what is happening today will every be remembered or at least certainly won't matter. Trust me, my oldest son is a freshman in college now (yes, he is playing varsity lax at highly ranked DIII school) and I can't remember (nor does he care right now) what happened in 8th grade. Stop with the snarky, nasty comments and JUST CHILL!!! How about discussing really important issues such as over-use injury prevention, academic study habits and aids, best tournaments and must avoid tournaments for this age etc...

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Well said. The voice of reason speaks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crabs will have a much better season overall, they get to play better competition all the time, mad lax, looney's, green turtle, etc they are actually doing the express a favor. if they learned anything from chanabuck they would start charging for the priviledge of playing them.

really who is benefitting more from these games, just wait until summer when it counts, Express will be getting the beat down. Especially if Crabs pulls a express move and takes the ringers from the other clubs mentioned above.

But, by then Chanabuck will already have your ca$h. happy trails

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love the md hate! Crabs "steal" or as you like to say havea open tryout process every year. Your just sad the express beat you at your own game. Show mea great player from he crabs and I'll show you a kid who has been held back in school at some point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very true. The MD kids would have to be held back 2 years to complete the curriculum in NY. They hold thier kids back and continue to lose to Strong Island Lax. C'mon MD, take your loss with class. LI Lax trvels down there all summer with all age groups and consistently win.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yes sir. Spring is around the corner and parents are getting reved up! Go Crabs! Oh by the way, love those new helmets and sweats (at no charge thank you)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News flash look at npyll.com. You said it right learn from Chanachuck. He will be playing in the same league you are and will be playing the same teams that you mentioned. Differance is he shows up to all tournaments he commits to cant't say the same for the crabs. It is amazing all the bs parents can come up with. You wouldn't be on this forum if the express didn't deserve respect for fielding a great program. Guess he beat you at your own game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just a reminder Mike had to come to MD to play great lax and his older boy is now a Terp. why so sad? no good lax schools in NY? why not attend cuse, cornell, albany, hofstra, stony brook, etc?

admit it, you travel to MD because it is better lax.

just saying........and yes my 15 yr old left back kid can beat your 15 yr old "held" back boy all day long.

get some old bay, a bag of blue claws and a good cold one, its going to be a great summer of kicking some yankee butt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not a Md parent it is from a competing LI club

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
just a reminder Mike had to come to MD to play great lax and his older boy is now a Terp. why so sad? no good lax schools in NY? why not attend cuse, cornell, albany, hofstra, stony brook, etc?
College selection is based on a variety of items outside the lacrosse lines.

admit it, you travel to MD because it is better lax.
Or where the tournament du jour is being hosted in an effort to be centralized on the east coast. The same Maryland/Delaware/Southern New Jersey axis is seen in soccer and it does not mean that the better teams are from one area or another.

just saying........and yes my 15 yr old left back kid can beat your 15 yr old "held" back boy all day long.
And come 22 years of age, my academically gifted child that played lacrosse socially will out-earn your currently held-back child. Exactly what was the point? There is no future in lacrosse for long term lifetime earnings.

get some old bay, a bag of blue claws and a good cold one, its going to be a great summer of kicking some yankee butt.
Somehow, this turned into a Bobby Flay throw-down :-> ... best wishes for the summer season!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This is not a Md parent it is from a competing LI club
For the purposes of disclosure, LaxParent is the former Balt.LAX Rules user who requested a name change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Luv It- now there is a Marylander I want to hang with! You get the claws I'll bring the steak, then we tailgate with both teams because in the end most of these kids will be playing together or against in college. The boys both respected each other, and that is what counts!! Forget the parental BS. Oh yeah only Colorado beer!

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard