BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 69 of 70 1 2 67 68 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Everyone knows the U15 tournament is a joke in terms of competition and recruiting value. No matter if it's FL or CO, it's too far to travel to play crappy competition.

Every year, there are only 2-3 decent teams. Everyone else is horrible.
Wait a second, last year Turtles were boasting on "shocking the world" at U15 and a year later this tournament stinks and find out that most Turtles are not even age eligible this year?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I counted about 5-6 Turtles and a couple of team 91's in Denver.

Incorrect. Zero Team 91 helmets for FCA but 8 Turtles helmets without question.

heard there are 10 Long Island players on FCA

OK...CSH helmet= 91. Feel better?

FCA not doing well, guess the guns for hire flopped!

Fish rots from head down my friend. If a coach doesnt know how to use the hardware he has the machine breaks. Just look at 1900 Pennsylvania Ave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched several of the FCA games in Denver. I am not sure if they are burnt out or the altitude and heat of Denver has taken the starch out of them, but even the basic fundamentals of passing and catching were not good, and when Colorado turned up the heat they were frazzled.

The FOGO has consistently been dominant, but other than that a surprising showing to be honest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much for the Fellowship of Christian Turtles

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched several of the FCA games in Denver. I am not sure if they are burnt out or the altitude and heat of Denver has taken the starch out of them, but even the basic fundamentals of passing and catching were not good, and when Colorado turned up the heat they were frazzled.

The FOGO has consistently been dominant, but other than that a surprising showing to be honest.

We all know the 2017 Turtles are the best team with the best players. If some of the kids look like they are playing on fumes, I can understand why. Those kids have played a lot of lacrosse this Spring and Summer and the recruiting trail events. Does not make them any less excellent team or group of kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Idoit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We all know the 2017 Turtles are the best team with the best players. If some of the kids look like they are playing on fumes, I can understand why. Those kids have played a lot of lacrosse this Spring and Summer and the recruiting trail events. Does not make them any less excellent team or group of kids.

Here come the excuses!! Typical. Everyone has been playing a lot of lax this summer, not just them. Stop the whining and admit that there are other players that are as good/better out there! You can't just excel on your travel team and expect that to carry you. If you can't adapt to new situations, that is trouble going forward, as the Turtles will not play together indefinitely. There new motto might read "together we stand, divided we fall"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here come the excuses!! Typical. Everyone has been playing a lot of lax this summer, not just them. Stop the whining and admit that there are other players that are as good/better out there! You can't just excel on your travel team and expect that to carry you. If you can't adapt to new situations, that is trouble going forward, as the Turtles will not play together indefinitely. There new motto might read "together we stand, divided we fall"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think anyone is whining. The only whining I hear sounds like your jealousy. These Turtle players have excelled and will continue to excel. It has carried them all the way to the bank- committing to colleges. Also, it seem like the college coaches who committed these players believe they can adapt to new situations, so no trouble going forward. Stop being a hater!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Idoit

Idiot, but a funny idiot

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think anyone is whining. The only whining I hear sounds like your jealousy. These Turtle players have excelled and will continue to excel. It has carried them all the way to the bank- committing to colleges. Also, it seem like the college coaches who committed these players believe they can adapt to new situations, so no trouble going forward. Stop being a hater!!

Only time will, and it will tell a lot! nobody can blame not starting on their varsity teams next year on being a freshman!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are they all committed? Sounded like whining

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to 3 for winning the u15. Major talent on that team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, let me get this strait. Turtles did not enter u15 championship this year. They entered last year and were beat down. Many of Turtles players played for FCA this year. FCA was eliminated early while 3D wins second strait year. Sounds like someone was afraid to lose!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole idea of National All Star teams playing in events that are advertised as club team evetns destroys both the integrity and interest in these events.

These events reduce themselves to meaningless money grabs when there is no integrity behind the selection process.

There should be a separate national all star bracket and a local club bracket where home towns are verified.

Both 3D and the FCA/Turtle team are at a distinct advantage when drawing from a national pool rather than localized pool. Same thing happens at [lacrosse]'s this is part of the reason these events are so lopsided

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA team was NOT a Turtle team. Not one Turtle goalie not one Turtle Close Defensemen. The two LSM's were Turtles. A few middies, FOGO & two Attack were Turtles. My kid was on the team and we are not from NY but it was great time with the FCA team and getting to watch the boys try to gel. 1 practice when we first met on Sunday.

As far as colleges coaches not being there, two of the FCA Dmen committed D1 while there and playing for FCA in front of coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA team was NOT a Turtle team. Not one Turtle goalie not one Turtle Close Defensemen. The two LSM's were Turtles. A few middies, FOGO & two Attack were Turtles. My kid was on the team and we are not from NY but it was great time with the FCA team and getting to watch the boys try to gel. 1 practice when we first met on Sunday.

As far as colleges coaches not being there, two of the FCA Dmen committed D1 while there and playing for FCA in front of coaches.

With all that talent, why did you do so bad? National teams don't practice either, so that cant be it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has 3D apologized for this fiasco? If so, can somebody copy/paste what they wrote? I'd love to see how they explained away that clusterF.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Complain....but every year your driving to the same poorly run tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With all that talent, why did you do so bad? National teams don't practice either, so that cant be it.

lost twice to same team, crushed everyone else. Thats "so bad"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, let me get this strait. Turtles did not enter u15 championship this year. They entered last year and were beat down. Many of Turtles players played for FCA this year. FCA was eliminated early while 3D wins second strait year. Sounds like someone was afraid to lose!

Afraid to lose???? C'mon man can you be anymore of a
Db. The team had a vote and as a group decided not to attend. Adrenaline champs, crabfeast champs , 12 verbals, what else do you want?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a turtle team....2 LSM, a few middies, 3?,
2 attackmen, fogo. Sure sounds like a turtle team to me!!!
8 players. If there were 8 players from one town you would be calling that a town team. Turtles lost their luster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Db. The team had a vote and as a group decided not to attend. Adrenaline champs, crabfeast champs , 12 verbals, what else do you want?

Unfortunately they lost where it counted U15. They blew it last year and now again this year hiding in plain sight on another team. They may have won other tourneys but they never beat 3D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately they lost where it counted U15. They blew it last year and now again this year hiding in plain sight on another team. They may have won other tourneys but they never beat 3D.

Man, you funny! Does your wife make you sit when you pee?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's move on. Any new commits since the summer showcase season is coming to a close?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing unfortunate anything regarding turtles. Every single game they played in as a turtle team they won. Two of the toughest tournaments in adrenaline & crabfeast, undefeated. As someone posted here, 12 commits D1 so far. Things going "well"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's move on. Any new commits since the summer showcase season is coming to a close?

If Ty Xanders's recent tweets have any truth to them, early commits mean less than nothing now. Horror stories out there of kids committing and then rival coaches recruit them more once they have that validation stamp. I have a friend close to Hill in Canada who basically said schedule visits for all your committed kids with us. And this is a school supposedly almost full for 2017s. It now looks like a total free for all. Message from the coaches is they are going to keep recruiting committed kids, and the message taken by the kids and families is to keep listening in case a better deal comes along. How did it get to this point where ethics are out the window on every side of the tables?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I blame the top division 1 coaches for everyones behavior in this early recruiting process!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, they did. Parking attendants are supplied directly by Cedar Lane and 3d did not employ them nor were they given a say in how they handled the traffic control and parking. Working on changes for future tournaments held there. That being said, there was an alternative route to come in the back way, which I used and there was not traffic on that route.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing unfortunate anything regarding turtles. Every single game they played in as a turtle team they won. Two of the toughest tournaments in adrenaline & crabfeast, undefeated. As someone posted here, 12 commits D1 so far. Things going "well"
I would say so, but appears that the reason they went to u15 last year was because it would be last year they would be age eligible. In retrospect it seems odd that they would do all this talking through the years when their team, while maybe a "2017" team, really wasn't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote] I would say so, but appears that the reason they went to u15 last year was because it would be last year they would be age eligible. In retrospect it seems odd that they would do all this talking through the years when their team, while maybe a "2017" team, really wasn't.[/quote]

you're over thinking this! The goal of these teams are to get RECRUITED. The U-15 is just another tournament with a fancy name, if it was a big recruiting event there's no doubt they would've gone, as they ALL qualify. Not to mention a few that will be eligible next year. The travel for this tournament is cost prohibitive for many teams, with little to no recruiting benefit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Ty Xanders's recent tweets have any truth to them, early commits mean less than nothing now. Horror stories out there of kids committing and then rival coaches recruit them more once they have that validation stamp. I have a friend close to Hill in Canada who basically said schedule visits for all your committed kids with us. And this is a school supposedly almost full for 2017s. It now looks like a total free for all. Message from the coaches is they are going to keep recruiting committed kids, and the message taken by the kids and families is to keep listening in case a better deal comes along. How did it get to this point where ethics are out the window on every side of the tables?

Like always, Xanders brings nothing to the table. When a verbal happens in any sport before Sr. year it "doesn't mean anything" so that isn't any NEW NEWS for those of us who have been thru this before. BUT, these 2017 players with commitments to these D1 programs it is a massive accompaniment for these players. Kep your grades up, don't get in trouble, keep training and it will be great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote] I would say so, but appears that the reason they went to u15 last year was because it would be last year they would be age eligible. In retrospect it seems odd that they would do all this talking through the years when their team, while maybe a "2017" team, really wasn't.

you're over thinking this! The goal of these teams are to get RECRUITED. The U-15 is just another tournament with a fancy name, if it was a big recruiting event there's no doubt they would've gone, as they ALL qualify. Not to mention a few that will be eligible next year. The travel for this tournament is cost prohibitive for many teams, with little to no recruiting benefit. [/quote] If that is the case, why did they go last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say so, but appears that the reason they went to u15 last year was because it would be last year they would be age eligible. In retrospect it seems odd that they would do all this talking through the years when their team, while maybe a "2017" team, really wasn't.

you're over thinking this! The goal of these teams are to get RECRUITED. The U-15 is just another tournament with a fancy name, if it was a big recruiting event there's no doubt they would've gone, as they ALL qualify. Not to mention a few that will be eligible next year. The travel for this tournament is cost prohibitive for many teams, with little to no recruiting benefit. [/quote] If that is the case, why did they go last year? [/quote] Last year was NOT a recruiting year plain and simple.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you're over thinking this! The goal of these teams are to get RECRUITED. The U-15 is just another tournament with a fancy name, if it was a big recruiting event there's no doubt they would've gone, as they ALL qualify. Not to mention a few that will be eligible next year. The travel for this tournament is cost prohibitive for many teams, with little to no recruiting benefit.
If that is the case, why did they go last year? [/quote] Last year was NOT a recruiting year plain and simple. [/quote]

That's a load of crap. U bet your, [lacrosse] it's a recruiting tournament. They all are at this age group. Fact is Turtles or CFT, as they're being called lost again. Face it 3D athletes are better. How many times does it take? How many committed kids do they have, cause if I was a college coach I'd be going after those studs!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that is the case, why did they go last year? [/quote] Last year was NOT a recruiting year plain and simple. [/quote] If what you say is true about last year not being a recruiting year doesn't it seem like a small window to have major schools committing to them? After u15 there is little or nothing. The Fall is Philly Showcase and then what you did this past Spring. But didn't some of these players commit before JV/Varsity season was over? Per a previous post, if the time, cost, and distance is an issue, then why did they do it last year, especially if it was NOT a recruiting year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that is the case, why did they go last year?
Last year was NOT a recruiting year plain and simple. [/quote]

That's a load of crap. U bet your, [lacrosse] it's a recruiting tournament. They all are at this age group. Fact is Turtles or CFT, as they're being called lost again. Face it 3D athletes are better. How many times does it take? How many committed kids do they have, cause if I was a college coach I'd be going after those studs! [/quote]

Dummy, FCA never played 3D in Denver. I watched the over time win by 3D over Colorado. 3D won, but Colorado is the better team. 3D was NO WHERE near as strong as their older cheating held back team, 3D had a luck on their side from a pool play & bracket standpoint.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, they did. Parking attendants are supplied directly by Cedar Lane and 3d did not employ them nor were they given a say in how they handled the traffic control and parking. Working on changes for future tournaments held there. That being said, there was an alternative route to come in the back way, which I used and there was not traffic on that route.

3D held a tournament WAY too big for that facility, and they knew it. They should have found a bigger site or scaled back the number of teams. That park cannot handle that much traffic coming in at once.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hill Academy 2017 to Duke turned 18 in early January?!? Unless a typo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hill Academy 2017 to Duke turned 18 in early January?!? Unless a typo.

Turned 18??? Holy smokes! Duke loves to roster the "MEN". Where was the info of the commit?

Page 69 of 70 1 2 67 68 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard