BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So if a better player shows up to the tryout they should keep your son ? Why because you have been on the team for 3 years ? The best thing to do is let your son know that his spot is not a lock . Keep him hungry keep him working hard. Good luck.

Let the kid know he's not a lock...LOL...How about telling him we need to do these tryouts to raise money and if we are real lucky we will form a AAAA team a AAA and another AA team. consider yourself all A's . Explain to the kids the truth..Tell him he has to work hard from AUgust to September when the tryouts are after that take it easy because you are on the team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if a better player shows up to the tryout they should keep your son ? Why because you have been on the team for 3 years ? The best thing to do is let your son know that his spot is not a lock . Keep him hungry keep him working hard. Good luck.

That's a great company line. Did it come out of the 91 handbook?.That is so corporate sounding please don't say it in public.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm amazed at the rhetoric going back and forth. These are children ages 13 and under! Here's the deal. Not everyone is going to a D1 school. Many kids don't have the size, talent or grades. There's nothing wrong with a D2 or D3 school. In addition, there IS a school out there for every type of player. Coaches look for different things. Being on 91 or Express is NOT the only criteria. In the end - PARENTS! - the child who will excel will be athletic, be a team player and have good grades. Very simple. Last question. Is playing on a D1 school your child's aspiration or is it yours?

And finally, for those parents who will read this and say "Oh, your child must suck!" Not So! My child is an exceptional player who will find a school he will be happy at. Stop attacking each other and let the kids play competitively but enjoy the game as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm amazed at the rhetoric going back and forth. These are children ages 13 and under! Here's the deal. Not everyone is going to a D1 school. Many kids don't have the size, talent or grades. There's nothing wrong with a D2 or D3 school. In addition, there IS a school out there for every type of player. Coaches look for different things. Being on 91 or Express is NOT the only criteria. In the end - PARENTS! - the child who will excel will be athletic, be a team player and have good grades. Very simple. Last question. Is playing on a D1 school your child's aspiration or is it yours? Amen

And finally, for those parents who will read this and say "Oh, your child must suck!" Not So! My child is an exceptional player who will find a school he will be happy at. Stop attacking each other and let the kids play competitively but enjoy the game as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm amazed at the rhetoric going back and forth. These are children ages 13 and under! Here's the deal. Not everyone is going to a D1 school. Many kids don't have the size, talent or grades. There's nothing wrong with a D2 or D3 school. In addition, there IS a school out there for every type of player. Coaches look for different things. Being on 91 or Express is NOT the only criteria. In the end - PARENTS! - the child who will excel will be athletic, be a team player and have good grades. Very simple. Last question. Is playing on a D1 school your child's aspiration or is it yours?

Amen

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of folks on these pages view travel lacrosse as an necessary evil. there is no cookie cutter answer to a lot of these questions. I think like everything decision that a parent makes in regards to their son, should be tailored to the individual. I know with my experience with my son, we did it for the first time this past September. He decided that he wanted to see where he stacked up against players in his age group so decided on to try out and made the team which he picked as his first choice. Now, I heard a lot of the same things I've read on these posts from friends and parents of older boys that have been through the process...don't bother they just want your money most teams have been together since they are 8 yrs old. your son won't make it, you don't have any hooks, etc. etc. But personally the whole experience has been a positive. My son decided he wanted to try out for something and made a team. He then went to a team that had experienced coaches, handled the players extremely well, the players that were on the team for a couple of years were not clique-y at all and the new players on the team meshed very well with the "veteran" players on the team. Were there some things that I did not like, absolutely, but the negatives were outweighed by the positives. My son, who is and athletic 13yr old became a better, smarter lacrosse player. He was coached well and his lacrosse IQ was much improved. I think that if my son had made the team but not played a good amount I would still have him on the team because, he was happy with his teammates and I felt the coaching he was getting was very good. Additionally, I know that on the town level/PAL team, he would have his opportunity of playing more and having his number called out more in crunch time. I think the lesson I would teach my son would be, work harder and show them you belong on the field, not lets take our ball and go home (jump to another team) just so you can be the man. But again, that's a personal decision and there is no wrong answer. If I truly felt that the competition was above his head and there was no real chance of increased playing time, well then, yes I would look to join another organization or look to drop down to the B team if I liked the organization enough (or more appropriately, I've already paid the dues for the year, might as well stay and drop down to the B squad). Here on LI we have the luxury of loads of travel teams to choose from, just look at the sidebar to the right. That's where a forum like this can become and extremely valuable tool. You can gain some insight on what these travel programs are truly like and which one might be a better fit, than with just going with the "top" programs. Whatever your reason for having your kid play travel, I feel like its a great hands-on experience to show your kid to go through the process of putting your best effort out there and working for a spot on a roster. If you get beat out because a kid is better than you, then you'll realize what you need to do and work on to get better. If you are honest with your kid's ability, you'll find yourself on the proper team which will maximize the whole experience. Long Post back to work! I've tried my best to spell check this novel so that the English teacher trolling for grammatical errors doesn't harp on my spelling!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of folks on these pages view travel lacrosse as an necessary evil. there is no cookie cutter answer to a lot of these questions. I think like everything decision that a parent makes in regards to their son, should be tailored to the individual. I know with my experience with my son, we did it for the first time this past September. He decided that he wanted to see where he stacked up against players in his age group so decided on to try out and made the team which he picked as his first choice. Now, I heard a lot of the same things I've read on these posts from friends and parents of older boys that have been through the process...don't bother they just want your money most teams have been together since they are 8 yrs old. your son won't make it, you don't have any hooks, etc. etc. But personally the whole experience has been a positive. My son decided he wanted to try out for something and made a team. He then went to a team that had experienced coaches, handled the players extremely well, the players that were on the team for a couple of years were not clique-y at all and the new players on the team meshed very well with the "veteran" players on the team. Were there some things that I did not like, absolutely, but the negatives were outweighed by the positives. My son, who is and athletic 13yr old became a better, smarter lacrosse player. He was coached well and his lacrosse IQ was much improved. I think that if my son had made the team but not played a good amount I would still have him on the team because, he was happy with his teammates and I felt the coaching he was getting was very good. Additionally, I know that on the town level/PAL team, he would have his opportunity of playing more and having his number called out more in crunch time. I think the lesson I would teach my son would be, work harder and show them you belong on the field, not lets take our ball and go home (jump to another team) just so you can be the man. But again, that's a personal decision and there is no wrong answer. If I truly felt that the competition was above his head and there was no real chance of increased playing time, well then, yes I would look to join another organization or look to drop down to the B team if I liked the organization enough (or more appropriately, I've already paid the dues for the year, might as well stay and drop down to the B squad). Here on LI we have the luxury of loads of travel teams to choose from, just look at the sidebar to the right. That's where a forum like this can become and extremely valuable tool. You can gain some insight on what these travel programs are truly like and which one might be a better fit, than with just going with the "top" programs. Whatever your reason for having your kid play travel, I feel like its a great hands-on experience to show your kid to go through the process of putting your best effort out there and working for a spot on a roster. If you get beat out because a kid is better than you, then you'll realize what you need to do and work on to get better. If you are honest with your kid's ability, you'll find yourself on the proper team which will maximize the whole experience. Long Post back to work! I've tried my best to spell check this novel so that the English teacher trolling for grammatical errors doesn't harp on my spelling!

very long post but it's ok. I assume your son beat out kids on an existing A team which is good. My only fear is the kid that was cut because of it. He is being sold on an express or 91 team and then when he doesn't make it for one reason or another it's devastating.This is not only the case for 13year olds but 10 and 11..Where do we draw the line.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear you on the beating the kid that was on the team for a few seasons, but think about that. In order for a coach not to invite an existing player back, the new kid taking that roster spot has to be clearly better than that player. Tie goes to the runner. Plus teams have turnover every year I would imagine. Kids choose not to return for one reason or the other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear you on the beating the kid that was on the team for a few seasons, but think about that. In order for a coach not to invite an existing player back, the new kid taking that roster spot has to be clearly better than that player. Tie goes to the runner. Plus teams have turnover every year I would imagine. Kids choose not to return for one reason or the other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe it's more cut throat on the top teir A teams, but believe the others use tryouts to see who's coming back and fill those spots where kids don't return. And of course get rid of any crazy parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If programs really wanted to show some loyalty and not just look to generate more cash, while also looking to improve their teams each year, they should not charge existing players a try-out fee for the upcoming year.

No spot on a team should be a lock forever since children will develop at different ages. The A player today might be a C player in high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If programs really wanted to show some loyalty and not just look to generate more cash, while also looking to improve their teams each year, they should not charge existing players a try-out fee for the upcoming year.

No spot on a team should be a lock forever since children will develop at different ages. The A player today might be a C player in high school.

Don't tell that to an "A" parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wrote the original post. Im not a director. Im a Dad who just gets frustrated when you see teams keep boys on the team that shouldnt be on the team. Just wish all clubs used independent evaluators to pick teams. So I think that you misunderstood what I was trying to say. Do you enjoy it when spots are given to players that were not at the tryout ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wrote the original post. Im not a director. Im a Dad who just gets frustrated when you see teams keep boys on the team that shouldnt be on the team. Just wish all clubs used independent evaluators to pick teams. So I think that you misunderstood what I was trying to say. Do you enjoy it when spots are given to players that were not at the tryout ?

Depends on the talent of the kid where you can honestly say, yeah he deserves to be on the team. Having a player who is obviously not at the level of the team for one reason or another, let's just call it politics, is a big negative. I assume that goes on in every club do one degree or another. I also like the suggestion that returning players shouldn't have to pay the registration fee. Makes sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry I stopped reading after the word evil....you must be a school teacher writing this...Jeez Too much time on your hands..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, keep working hard....for an extra fee you can go to DLT Training,(& if you play 91 can save 5$ per session) and play winter ball in the Rockstar league....stay hungry kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, keep working hard....for an extra fee you can go to DLT Training,(& if you play 91 can save 5$ per session) and play winter ball in the Rockstar league....stay hungry kid.

In addition to paying for 91 why don’t you go to the camp run by the HS Coach? (It’s free, right?) Don’t stop there, why don’t you pay for “private lessons” with a “Town Team Coach”. If that is not good enough pay more money to have your kid trained by one of the men who sits on the committee that runs the youth league in your town. You never know, maybe someday the coach that you paid will be one of the evaluators at the tryouts for the Town Team.

Don’t forget to kiss as much [lacrosse] as possible (they like that) and make sure to pal around with all the right people. Make sure to tell the gentlemen who control the youth league that they do a wonderful job.

Never never question the authority or the decisions of the men who have appointed themselves “Stewards of the League”. Get in line and obey. do not question.

If you think Travel Lacrosse is F----- U- take a close look at what is going on in some towns. The politicking is out of control, if your son is not a “Paul Rabil” type player and you are not on the “IN “ good luck to you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In addition to paying for 91 why don’t you go to the camp run by the HS Coach? (It’s free, right?) Don’t stop there, why don’t you pay for “private lessons” with a “Town Team Coach”. If that is not good enough pay more money to have your kid trained by one of the men who sits on the committee that runs the youth league in your town. You never know, maybe someday the coach that you paid will be one of the evaluators at the tryouts for the Town Team.

Don’t forget to kiss as much [lacrosse] as possible (they like that) and make sure to pal around with all the right people. Make sure to tell the gentlemen who control the youth league that they do a wonderful job.

Never never question the authority or the decisions of the men who have appointed themselves “Stewards of the League”. Get in line and obey. do not question.

If you think Travel Lacrosse is F----- U- take a close look at what is going on in some towns. The politicking is out of control, if your son is not a “Paul Rabil” type player and you are not on the “IN “ good luck to you.

We must live in the same town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jeez. Where u guys live? I'm not afraid to post I live in Massapequa. The Club run very well and reasonably fair. Lots of kids. MHS won the State this year. All good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jeez. Where u guys live? I'm not afraid to post I live in Massapequa. The Club run very well and reasonably fair. Lots of kids. MHS won the State this year. All good.

I live in Farmingdale. Who cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will be the head coach of the 2019 Legacy team next year?
Will the HDD A team coach come coach at Legacy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the '19 Dukes and Team 91 Orange play against each other this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will be multiple teams at 2019. If you are skiing if Mike Taylor will be coaching a team, the answer is YES!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will be multiple teams at 2019. If you are skiing if Mike Taylor will be coaching a team, the answer is YES!

He is leaving DD to coach at Legacy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SO the DD coach gets the a team and the legacy coach gets the b team for 2019..pretty simple

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid did not play well he wouldn't make the team the next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You seem to know how to kiss [lacrosse] and play the system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HDD & Legacy have announced a merger of their programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Dukes they were knocked out during the Adrenaline Platinum Cup.
91 went on to take the ship against Laxachussets Black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Team 91 2019 Orange for a 27-0 season.

Number one 7th grade team in the country this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. At the Adrenaline Cup early in the summer season. Team 91 won the game 12-7. It was Dukes 2019 first tournament together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes at Adrenaline Cup 91 won 12 to 6

http://adrln.com/events/2014-platinum-cup/scoring/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I stand corrected.. yes but score was 12 to 6
No Dukes they were knocked out during the Adrenaline Platinum Cup.
91 went on to take the ship against Laxachussets Black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would you handle kids who tried out that make a team and replace an existing player? If someone comes to tryouts and is a better player then an existing player is the existing player getting replaced? If so, how is it fair to the existing player to not have tried out and competed against those who are trying out for positions on the team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the Team 91. Do realize that when other teams went 28-1 the past three seasons, nothing like this was ever said.

I do agree they are probably the best team this year, but enought with the pounding of the chest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah for them. Who rated them in the country.Did they play anyone from Colorado?. Give me a break. Good players now yes but to say best in the country would be a reach at this level when you have no clue. Get a life. WHo rated them US lacrosse. The only thing you did was have them raise the price for your kid to play on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would you handle kids who tried out that make a team and replace an existing player? If someone comes to tryouts and is a better player then an existing player is the existing player getting replaced? If so, how is it fair to the existing player to not have tried out and competed against those who are trying out for positions on the team?

They try out but don't pay the fee.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SO the DD coach gets the a team and the legacy coach gets the b team for 2019..pretty simple
Each program has a good "A" team at 2019, maybe they have 2 "A" teams and a B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush is better and 91 knows it that's why they seperate the two teams at all these tournaments

Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard