BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe it is a developmental team made up mostly of kids that did not make Orange or Blue. They supplement the team with kids from the other teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ parent. Where did true blue come from so quickly. Who were these boys? Tough team. Defense, goalie, ground balls, faceoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The main six game from Express Orange.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The turtles are the 2017 express A team. From what I heard a bunch of the kids on true blue team were not chosen for this A team and played on express Orange last year. They left for true blue simply because these boys deserve to play on an A team. And apparently they were right.

Outlaws parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Between Turtles, 91, True Blue, and Korwan express team. should be a fun year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you have no idea what you are talking about.Do not worry,you will find out about True Blue.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The RICH ONES

Take two, the better ones. There where 6 Orange Team players, let's see if u can name just THREE of the towns those "rich ones" are from! You have no clue what your talking about.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Between Turtles, 91, True Blue, and Korwan express team. should be a fun year.

U forgot a couple, a scrappy Outlaws team, fl$ & McManus Express. Turtles (I assume) will play up again. Tons of talented in this 2017 age on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell us why you six were pick to go. remember we know the real reason. Which is ok.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. And few good town teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Please tell us why you six were pick to go. remember we know the real reason. Which is ok.

Lol, my kid isn't on any if those teams. I know two of those kids, very good players. So the "real reason" statement made me lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't forget, just breaking [....]. I do like how the outlaws play.not sure about fl$.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Lol, my kid is not any of these teams. I know two kids that went, very good players. Your "real reason" statement made me lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of us are rich by any means. True Blue is based on the theory of giving back to the community and giving kids an honest chance to improve their skills and to always improve their game. TB is just as committed to assisting these kids to become fine young men and to learn the importance of giving back to their communities. It will be exciting to see this club in five years!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget about the gladiators. Good team as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not talking about True Blue. But since you started.Things will be great if you win. Start losing and watch the big three PARENTS rip other kids. I do not miss them at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct. This Gladiator Team works hard and puts a lot of practie time in. Im sure they will beat most of the Teams mentioned above. I believe they practice 2-3 times per week in the winter. The best part is you dont here any nonsense from them, as opposed to the Express bunch at this age group.
Can't wait to see them vs these Teams.Check out the web-site.Could non Smithtown Boys join?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to watching them. Just looked at the web site, the play in 9 tournaments. How much would that cost you with the other organizati
ons.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Looking forward to watching them. Just looked at the web site, the play in 9 tournaments. How much would that cost you with the other organizati
ons.

Who are the coaches?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The Gladiators still have an open roster spot for a Goalie on their U13 team - see the thread on the Tryouts and Practices forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be great if we could get all those teams together in March, and have a little round robin.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The head coach is John Rowan - who played Division 1 college lacrosse for the Delaware Blue Hens, and currently plays for the SCPD team. John was also the head coach for Team Smithtown's PAL travel team for the past few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$500 per Team, donated to a local charity.Do you think the Express and Team 91 can handle giving something back to the community?.The unofficial Rankings. Nice charity event.

Turtles
Team 91
True Blue
Gladiators
fl$
Express- Korwin
Outlaws
Express- Mcmanus
Jesters

Outlaws B
Team 91 B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Laximus
The head coach is John Rowan - who played Division 1 college lacrosse for the Delaware Blue Hens, and currently plays for the SCPD team. John was also the head coach for Team Smithtown's PAL travel team for the past few years.

Looks like a great program for the Boys. Take look at the web-site for the parents trying to figure out what makes your Child a better lacrosse player.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I feel your our rankings are off as far as up to this point in Fall & Winter. Two of my best buds sons play in this age & my brothers kid. So this is what we came up with...

1-Turtles (proof that working together for many years builds that gel u need to win, they dont SWEAT anyone & will play against anyone anytime, gotta respect that)
2-Trueblue (very strong team)
3-Team 91 (won the Yale tourn vs good comp! I heard they beat Express/Mcmanus by a goal there in nailbitter. Also won Santa jam)
4-Express-Mcmanus (lots of talent on this team, if they click by spring they will be dangerous)
5-fl$ (legit team)
6-Express- korwan (talented as well, they dont hide either!)
7-Outlaws (scrappy)
8-Gladitors (havent heard of them playing any Fall or Winter tourns...they just arent "out there" yet. Im sure they will be very good by what some of you are saying on this board.)
9-Jesters (who knows)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have to wait and see if True Blue has the dept to run in a hot summer tournament.First 10 very good.

Korwan team has no talent to speak of.Saw them at Santa Jam

Jesters B team at best.

McManus will be the team do beat.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
We have to wait and see if True Blue has the dept to run in a hot summer tournament.First 10 very good.

Korwan team has no talent to speak of.Saw them at Santa Jam

Jesters B team at best.

McManus will be the team do beat.

Excellent point on Trueblue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't macmanus lose to the express.sixth grade team and team 91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gladiators beat fl$ last spring I believe

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Didn't macmanus lose to the express.sixth grade team and team 91.

Yup

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you must be like a college scout or something that you have some base of knowledge to rate lacrosse talent at the 12yr old level? It just so happens that Korwans express team has some very good players on their team, they were missing half their squad at the Santa Jam.

Truth is there are a lot very good teams and players at the 2017 age group.

They are just kids and for some grown up to sit there and bad mouth them is just sad. Get a life and enjoy watching your kid grow up.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Well said, it was a bad day for the Korwin team. Missing players, one player was there and was sick. The team is very talented and will have a great year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Korwin was missing at least 3 of his top players at Santa Jam. 2 of their games were close a goal maybe 2, their last game they were beaten up a little 6 goals maybe more. They will be better then the showing at Santa Jam

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Coach Korwin was missing at least 3 of his top players at Santa Jam. 2 of their games were close a goal maybe 2, their last game they were beaten up a little 6 goals maybe more. They will be better then the showing at Santa Jam

I also agree that Korwan has a good team. And I heard the same thing that they were missing players, that makes it very hard. But in my view the truely dedicated parnets/players AND COACHES that MAKE all the practices & games are usally the successful teams. Thats how real sucessful teams in any sport at ANY level work! Commitment. I know, "it's only a Fall tournament"....better teams don't think that way.

It's pretty obvious that travel youth lax isn't just a summer club thing anymore (at least on LI it's not).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax on Long Island is now a year round sport, especially at the club level. If your not practicing and training you will pay for it come the spring/summer season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes lacrosse like soccer has become a year round sport, not leaving much time for other sports and not leaving much to look forward too, like that feeling of picking up a football again once the fall weather hits. You almost feel pressured to practice year round, competition gets tougher, especially as kids get older. Good or bad, I guess we have to follow the lead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes lacrosse like soccer has become a year round sport, not leaving much time for other sports and not leaving much to look forward too, like that feeling of picking up a football again once the fall weather hits. You almost feel pressured to practice year round, competition gets tougher, especially as kids get older. Good or bad, I guess we have to follow the lead.

Let your kid play other sports. He may be (a little) behind the year rounders, but it will eventually make your son a better lax player and a more well rounded athlete. Don't give in to the pressure especially if they are not in HS yet. If they play 6-9 months out of the year and they are a great athlete they will be right with the year rounders in no time. Your kid just might look forward to playing as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not in HS but almost there. He does play other sports. I agree, it makes for a well rounded athlete and human being. Thanks for your response, as a parent sometime you question what is right! Take care and Happy New Year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have talked to many college coaches in differing sports and each of them has stated they much prefer the kids that played multiple sports to the ones who played the one sport year round .Their reasons differed most saying that the upside of the multi-sport kid is higher in that when they get to college and now concentrate on the one sport they seem to improve more so than the kid who has only played that one sport.Others felt that the more athletic kids tended to play and succeed at multiple sports, lacrosse coaches I have spoken to stated specific sports they liked to see the kids paticipate in many saying wrestling was good for the conditioning and toughness of the kids.That being said the kids that play only lacrosse at an early age do seem to be ahead of the kids that do not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have talked to many college coaches in differing sports and each of them has stated they much prefer the kids that played multiple sports to the ones who played the one sport year round .Their reasons differed most saying that the upside of the multi-sport kid is higher in that when they get to college and now concentrate on the one sport they seem to improve more so than the kid who has only played that one sport.Others felt that the more athletic kids tended to play and succeed at multiple sports, lacrosse coaches I have spoken to stated specific sports they liked to see the kids paticipate in many saying wrestling was good for the conditioning and toughness of the kids.That being said the kids that play only lacrosse at an early age do seem to be ahead of the kids that do not.

The gap is bigger at a young age when Travel and Town teams practice once or twice a week. I think the skill gaps closes quickly when a team is practicing 2 hours a day, 5-6 times per week. The all year training that you did will be bridged in a short period of time.

My 7th grader still enjoys changing seasons, currently it’s all about shooting hoops, he picks up the stick some time at home but his focus in on basketball. The football went away after the last game and will come out again at the end of the summer. Hey, he still even enjoys baseball and has 1 more year of little league.

I know his skill is falling behind a few of the dedicated lax players but he chose to not play on an “orange” team this year so he could have 1 more year of the Williamsport tournament. He’s only 12 and will have time catch up, especially in the spring with 12 hours a week of practice between middle school, and town team.

I understand not everyone agrees and know folks who train lacrosse all year round. They’re very good players and wish them all the best.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard