BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Boys 2017 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Opening a new thread for the boys seventh graders with a graduation year of 2017.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk town teams at this age: Not familiar with Nassau

1.West Islip
2.Commack
3.Hills
4.Sayville
5.3 Village
6.Smithtown
7.Shorham
8.East Islip
9.Sachem
10.Comsewogue

Thoughts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1.West Islip-Solid
2.Commack-v scrappy
3.Hills-came out strong in 3rd grade, middle of the pack now
4.Sayville over smithtown and 3v?
5.3 Village-solid
6.Smithtown-best team when they have kids form turtles
7.Shorham?
8.East Islip?
9.Sachem?
10.Comsewogue?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
1.West Islip-Solid
2.Commack-v scrappy
3.Hills-came out strong in 3rd grade, middle of the pack now
4.Sayville over smithtown and 3v?
5.3 Village-solid
6.Smithtown-best team when they have kids form turtles
7.Shorham?
8.East Islip?
9.Sachem?
10.Comsewogue?

1.West Islip - Won the All Pro Tournament last year, beat Hills
2. Hills - Had a good showing at All Pro - stayed with WI for a half
3.Smithtown - Think Won the Shamrock Shootout
4.Commack- Undefeated in Suffolk PAL
5.Sayville - Beat 3 Village and Commack at Shamrock Shootout
6.3 Village - Plays Nassau PAL
7.Sachem - Split with Sayville in PAL, not good showings at tournaments
8.East Islip - Good attackmen, Solid team
9.Shoreham - Good coaching
10.Mt. Siani - Plays in lower league in PAL, good showings at tournaments

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
In Nassau keep an eye out for Northshore, a core of about 15 have been playing together since 2nd grade. the last 2 summers they have played as "Palm Bay Hurricanes" if they get good coaching in middle school they can be very good.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holy Mackrel!!!!!! How could anyone be in a position to rank 7th grade middle school town teams. Can BOTC be that devoid of good topics and conversation that we have someone rank and give an overview of these teams. I understand it promotes conversation but this has to be one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen. I guess the post writer/lacrosse 7th grade guru has scouted all the suffolk teams at the 7th grade level and has accumulated quite a scouting report!!!!OMG seriously!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Holy Mackrel!!!!!! How could anyone be in a position to rank 7th grade middle school town teams. Can BOTC be that devoid of good topics and conversation that we have someone rank and give an overview of these teams. I understand it promotes conversation but this has to be one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen. I guess the post writer/lacrosse 7th grade guru has scouted all the suffolk teams at the 7th grade level and has accumulated quite a scouting report!!!!OMG seriously!!
Actually, if there was an organizing local league, you would see the pecking order well-established much earlier. In the soccer world, you see travel and club teams ranked by their league competition starting at U/9, not just U/13 (seventh grade).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100%. By starting threads like these we are promoting the posturing, bragging, and even negative comments we have seen on other threads. Does it really matter who the best 7th grade team is? It can make for interesting comments but ultimately it will come down to "I'm better than you" nonsense. 7th grade lacrosse, town or select, should be about learning teamwork, respect, and hard work. Let them be kids and just play and improve - the ultra competitive years of the recruiting cycle are still a few years off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really not a Guru, just attend 4-6 tournaments a year for the past 3 years, look at the results of who's playing in the "A" division and there you go.

Noone is bein negative just discussing teams who will be playing each other for the next 5 years and battling for championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is just a discussion not a national ranking. if it makes you feel better you can take the numbers away and discuss differnet teams or programs. With that said its a 2017 forum. The better forum should be why is it in lacrosse people always get uncomfortable with the competition or rankings? Hockey super competitive at this age, Soccer national rankings u-9, baseball teams are vying to play in the Little League world series on ESPN, Tennis and gymnastics you basically move away from home and nationally ranked. Why are lacrosse people so sensative? embrace competition and know where you stand it will make you better.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is just a discussion not a national ranking. if it makes you feel better you can take the numbers away and discuss differnet teams or programs. With that said its a 2017 forum. The better forum should be why is it in lacrosse people always get uncomfortable with the competition or rankings? Hockey super competitive at this age, Soccer national rankings u-9, baseball teams are vying to play in the Little League world series on ESPN, Tennis and gymnastics you basically move away from home and nationally ranked. Why are lacrosse people so sensative? embrace competition and know where you stand it will make you better.
I embrace the competition on the field between the players. What I don't agree with is competition among the parents. The difference between youth lacrosse rankings and the other sports you mentioned is a governing, neutral body making the rankings. If youth lacrosse had some sort of governing body (yes, I know all about US Lacrosse)that did the rankings, then we would have something to hang our hat on. I love competition and playing the best teams but hate people talking smack!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I embrace the competition on the field between the players. What I don't agree with is competition among the parents. The difference between youth lacrosse rankings and the other sports you mentioned is a governing, neutral body making the rankings. If youth lacrosse had some sort of governing body (yes, I know all about US Lacrosse)that did the rankings, then we would have something to hang our hat on. I love competition and playing the best teams but hate people talking smack!

The point is that it doesn't make a difference who is #1 in the Seventh grade. Having kide who played soccer and have some expirence the BOTC sister site BOTN lets not star having threads like them. Like the poster above said, the parents will start coming on here here spout nonsens about how there Johnny os better then your Freddy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is saying one team is stronger than another talking smack? I agree these boards have a tendancy to get nasty, but i see no issue with someone saying team A is stronger than team B to start a discussion. And furthermore i would like to know what teams are strong in different areas so we can choose to play in more competitive tournaments and leagues which they participate. lets move forward and keep it positive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG relax people. this is purely for entertainment.Please to not take this seriously. It's just away to forget about bills, work, money etc. Write something to [lacrosse] someone off,pour yourself a glass of wine come back read the responds and laught.And every once in a while you read a good post.No harm no foul.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Johnny is better then your Freddy

you must be kidding me, Johnny has no left hand and poor field vision not much of an athlete at all, My Freddy is not even thinking about what HS he will attend he is already to commit to Hopkins

this is fun, now we can argue about what we are going to argue about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea, but your Johnny and Freddy are going to work for my Bobby because he is home studying and I am spending my lacrosse club team money on his tutor. Thats the REAL DEAL!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rockstar Indoor Started last week - What teams are playing? I did not see a schedule posted yet.

Any other indoor leagues with 2017 teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure what teams are there, but I heard that Coach Danowski (Duke) and Petrimala (Hopkins) were there checking out the 2017 talent. Yeah, baby!!!!I heard this weekend Tierney is flying in from Denver for some scouting.
My 12 year is the real deal, the coaches told me so. Our 2017 team is so stacked we are all going D1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The teams I saw participating in session 1 are as follows:

7TH/8TH GRADE

Team 91 White 7th
Three Village
Team Smithtown
Team 91 Orange 6th
Green Machine
Team 91 White 8th
Team Middle Country 8
Team 91 Orange 7th
Stampede 7/8

JV
Team Legit
Team 91 Orange
Team 91 White
Middle Country
Superstar

2/3 Grade
Syosset H.O.P.
Half Hollow Hills
Team 91 White
Dune Dawgs

4TH GRADE
Team Igloo
Team 91 White
Team 91 Orange 3rd
Dune Dawgs

5TH/6TH GRADE
KINGS PARK
Team 91 White 5th
Cold Spring Harbor
Dune Dawgs
Team 91 Orange 4th
Bravo Company
Havoc
M.C. (Middle Country)
Team 91 White 6th
Hills Lacrosse
Team 91 Orange 5th
Stampede

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Over at ISA West Islip A team seems to be handling the league.
Easy wins over Bayshore's 2 teams and Comesowogue.

Still has games against Sayville and East Islip coming up.

Anyone have the standing for the RockStar league?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They don't keep score.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting, I know when we played last year they kept score but didnt record goals after the lead was too great, normaly 10 goals or so.

Maybe you mean they dont keep standings......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No they do not keep scores. Indoor lax is used to get the boys practice has no bearing on the team that play at all. Boys are playing different positions so the coaches are making sure they are going righty as well as lefty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No they do not keep scores. Indoor lax is used to get the boys practice has no bearing on the team that play at all. Boys are playing different positions so the coaches are making sure they are going righty as well as lefty.

Why does it feel like the majority of the posts on this forum make no sense.

We're talking about a 7th/8th grade league playing at Rockstar with 90% of the teams registered being travel teams, and they are working on going "righty and lefty" and "playing different positions"

Check out this future D1 second grader practicing right and lefty

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hey thats great...does he know how to pass the ball?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does it feel like the majority of the posts on this forum make no sense.

We're talking about a 7th/8th grade league playing at Rockstar with 90% of the teams registered being travel teams, and they are working on going "righty and lefty" and "playing different positions"

Check out this future D1 second grader practicing right and lefty

this clip really belongs on the 2022 thread even though he is a 2022 I heard he is already 9 years old and his parents held him back so he is not a "TRUE" U9 - at least that what a Baltimore parent told and Northern Virginia parent on the sidelines at the U9 nationals - Chanachuck already signed him to play on the 2022 express piranhas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why so interested in what'S going down at Rockstar with the 7/8th grade teams, why didn't your team register to play in the league? All I can add is TOUGH COMPETITION but glad we are part of it. It makes sense to me that what is really important, is friendly competition, good coaching, and players rising to the occassion. In that sense we are all winners, aren't we? HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7th Grade West Islip A lost 10-9 tonight to Sayville. Good game. Goal scored with 3 seconds left made it 10-9. West Islip head coach and a few players were not present

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This wed in Nj Dec 28th-Outlaws Play true Blue(Is this the Li true Blue Team and how are they??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, see entire schedule at lacrossewinternationals.com

Could be some very good match ups in the 2017 group in this tourney. The scores appear to post as soon as game ends. Just checked the games from today on the site. I believe the 2018's played today. li express, true blue, outlaws and flag will be there according to the schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, see entire schedule at lacrossewinternationals.com

Could be some very good match ups in the 2017 group in this tourney. The scores appear to post as soon as game ends. Just checked the games from today on the site. I believe the 2018's played today. li express, true blue, outlaws and flag will be there according to the schedule.

fl$ 11 - Express 1 - anybody know what express team this was?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrossewinternationals.com

Congrats to true blue. True blue wins vs fl$ in champ game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what team it was. Did see a few known 2017 players from express. A few midfielders, defenseman, and an attack man. Other than that this team appeared new.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the chosen ones.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
True Blue Lacrosse defeated For the Love of the Game, 7-1, in winning the seventh grade title at the Winter Nationals Indoor Lacrosse Championships (Indoor Sports Pavilion, Randolph, New Jersey).

True Blue's team has earned the chance to play at halftime at the Big City Classic, (to be held on April 1st, 2012 at MetLife Stadium). The Express also will compete at the Big City Classic after winning the sixth grade title on Tuesday.

Local action was strong with True Blue going undefeated in five games, defeating LI Express, 12-5, and turning back the Outlaws, STEPS and fl$ in round robin play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not chosen ones, the better ones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue played a hard defensive style all over the field. Attackmen rode hard making it difficult for anyone to get any thing going. A well coached and talented team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Agreed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The RICH ONES

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
True Blue played a hard defensive style all over the field. Attackmen rode hard making it difficult for anyone to get any thing going. A well coached and talented team.

agreed

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard