BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Boys 2016 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Kindly don't consider me a troll coming over from the 2017 thread, but a question to this thread. Are your early committed kids happy and stable with their choices? There has been more than a few 2015 verbal commits de-committing.

Been hearing some rumblings. Sends a very bad message. If you make a commitment, you need to stick to it. There are certain reasons I could see like maybey you commit to an Ivy, and your grades suck, otherwise, it is not a descision to take lightly. It's like getting a divorce. St. Anthonies kid decommitted today from Ohio State for no reason. That makes him look terrible!

Pandoras box has been opened and by result of college coaches pushing the commitment earlier and earlier the decommit becomes a tool for the buyer. In this case the rising soph or jr that has a change of heart. Can you blame a 14,15 or 16 yo? My bet is this kid will have a half dozen offers by Friday.

He must have already had another better situation in hand otherwise all of the top-tier (academic or lax) programs are pretty much full with 2015s. Who knows, maybe he decided he'd rather be a 4 year starting stud in D3.

Exactly why pushing for early commits is a huge mistake. Son can't even make up his mind on what he wants for dinner, let alone where he is going to spend 4 years of his life. Can't blame a KID for changing his mind. Parents also need to stop pushing and living their dream through their kids. I agree with poster, Pandora's box is opened

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Silly people, the door was opened not by the kids but by the coaches. For most of these early recruits, going to top school will never be a mistake...Having to choose between Ohio State, UNC, Virginia, ND,...not so bad if you ask me.

If a kid can get Ivy (and his parent can afford it) he should de-commit to any of the above.

We should all be so lucky that our kids go to one of these schools...

Wake up people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check this out:
http://future150.com/hs/basketball-rankings/2015/

can go by class for NCAA men's basketball for commits:

31 of the top 150 in 2015 class
6 of the top 150 in 2016 class
1 of the top 100 in 2017 class

Just interesting to note how another larger and wildly more competitive NCAA sport goes along on it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kindly don't consider me a troll coming over from the 2017 thread, but a question to this thread. Are your early committed kids happy and stable with their choices? There has been more than a few 2015 verbal commits de-committing.

Been hearing some rumblings. Sends a very bad message. If you make a commitment, you need to stick to it. There are certain reasons I could see like maybey you commit to an Ivy, and your grades suck, otherwise, it is not a descision to take lightly. It's like getting a divorce. St. Anthonies kid decommitted today from Ohio State for no reason. That makes him look terrible!

Pandoras box has been opened and by result of college coaches pushing the commitment earlier and earlier the decommit becomes a tool for the buyer. In this case the rising soph or jr that has a change of heart. Can you blame a 14,15 or 16 yo? My bet is this kid will have a half dozen offers by Friday.

He must have already had another better situation in hand otherwise all of the top-tier (academic or lax) programs are pretty much full with 2015s. Who knows, maybe he decided he'd rather be a 4 year starting stud in D3.

Exactly why pushing for early commits is a huge mistake. Son can't even make up his mind on what he wants for dinner, let alone where he is going to spend 4 years of his life. Can't blame a KID for changing his mind. Parents also need to stop pushing and living their dream through their kids. I agree with poster, Pandora's box is opened

As lacrosse recruiting moves to the way of the money generating sports with the verbal commits; the "de-committing" will become more prevalent.

It is okay, verbals will become like dating not marriage. You go steady with someone (exclusively) until something makes you move on. a Divorce is more like a transfer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious. Has anyone ever heard of a verbal being rescinded by the school because of a significant injury after the commitment?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious. Has anyone ever heard of a verbal being rescinded by the school because of a significant injury after the commitment?

Sort of. One Landon 2014 kid who was a verbal to UVa as a sophomore isn't going. He tore his ACL twice, but also had some poor grades. He was not given a letter of intent to sign in December.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the Barracudas? Heard they are struggling to field complete teams for tournaments. This team was pretty strong when put together

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws with a nice performance thus far at the UA Shootout. Lots of older/big teams. Have beaten Haverford, Washington, Lasalle a few other so far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of older teams? Rising senior? One year? Who cares?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard