BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Will the public speak loud by not paying $3600 (including tryouta) a year to play lax??? If someone plays third to 10th grade and assume no price increase over the 8 years that is $28800 plus travel tounaments each year that adds to the cost. At some point the market has to say "no" to these prices. If people pay this fee the owner will have money from this year alone to send a kid to college for free. This is too funny. I bet people will pay this.
Tuition 6 teams * 23 players * $3500 = $483,000
Tryout 6 teams * 23 players * $100 = $13,800 (if minimum show) # could double
Apparel 6 teams * 23 players * $100 per family = $13,800 got to have your hats & shirts

IT'S ALL FOR THE KIDS!!!

I'm in the wrong business. All I had to do was play lacrosse when I was a kid. Oh wait I didn't even have to do that.

Parents need to take a stand instead of blindly writing checks. This will only be the beginning and other teams will follow suit unless we turn our backs on them and slaughter the pig now

Look if your kid can make the one superstar team, then maybe it's worth the dough if not, then its crazy....think about how much playing time, personal training, clinics, specialty training te you can get for that money.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the public speak loud by not paying $3600 (including tryouta) a year to play lax??? If someone plays third to 10th grade and assume no price increase over the 8 years that is $28800 plus travel tounaments each year that adds to the cost. At some point the market has to say "no" to these prices. If people pay this fee the owner will have money from this year alone to send a kid to college for free. This is too funny. I bet people will pay this.
Tuition 6 teams * 23 players * $3500 = $483,000
Tryout 6 teams * 23 players * $100 = $13,800 (if minimum show) # could double
Apparel 6 teams * 23 players * $100 per family = $13,800 got to have your hats & shirts

IT'S ALL FOR THE KIDS!!!

I'm in the wrong business. All I had to do was play lacrosse when I was a kid. Oh wait I didn't even have to do that.

Parents need to take a stand instead of blindly writing checks. This will only be the beginning and other teams will follow suit unless we turn our backs on them and slaughter the pig now

Look if your kid can make the one superstar team, then maybe it's worth the dough if not, then its crazy....think about how much playing time, personal training, clinics, specialty training te you can get for that money.

If that's the all in number. It's not off base. You would spend that money ala carte anyway. And it it is high quality instruction and coaching it is worth it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly everyone on these last posts haven't read the tryout packet. This club flat out gives each customer the most by far. Go back and review you credit card statements. As my express bill was $4,200 when I added it all up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly everyone on these last posts haven't read the tryout packet. This club flat out gives each customer the most by far. Go back and review you credit card statements. As my express bill was $4,200 when I added it all up.

Don't be fooled, igloo has "extras" also when you tack on travel etc. plus $3,500 you will be looking at a $5-6,000 lax experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Kromwell coaching with igloo now?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're not serious. They had 5 away tournaments they don't pay your hotel, flight, food. Every team has extras but most teams they are options that your are not required to pay. My son played for a quality team this year. Everything additional was up to the parents it was not a requirement and your son wasn't penalized if you chose not to pay. Paid 1500 before travel. My son was happy and so was my pocket

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What did they add on from last year to warrant a 1200 increase? Anyone know?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of tryouts, what's the realistic amount of turnover with any of these teams? 2 or 3 spots (disgruntled parents, kids moving, etc.) or are all bets off and if "you're looking, we're looking"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "tryout" reality is that existing teams have maybe 3-4 spots "available " and they are most likely already filled. Coaches scout around, talk to the parents and coax them into have the boys come to the tryout and the deal is done.
This is just the way it is and parents have to be realistic on what the chances are of their son making the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "tryout" reality is that existing teams have maybe 3-4 spots "available " and they are most likely already filled. Coaches scout around, talk to the parents and coax them into have the boys come to the tryout and the deal is done.
This is just the way it is and parents have to be realistic on what the chances are of their son making the team.

I definitely think most of the A teams scout out kids- some kids end up playing for two teams in some instances. However, there is always a chance your kid will wow the coaches, especially if they are just starting out and have not been at a lot of tourneys and are relatively unknown. Now is the time to break into the the better teams, as the kids get older, I think it is a bit more difficult, unless kids decide to leave for various reasons.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The most? You are delusional! MONEY GRAB FOR LEMMINGS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son was not approached by a coach during the season chances are he won't make the team unless your are trying out for a team with a turn over. Igloo, 91, express, icon were very successful and will more than likely run with the established rosters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Channey take over next year you will see a big turnover, Daddy coaches will be out and their little short kids with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cromwell should tell them to shove it..guy that hires him cant even spell his last name correctly on his own team website...he spells it Kromwell...well if you are not on the 2021 team you should go somewhere else...coaching is horrible at 2022 good luck KC7

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With tryout season around the corner it appears Long Island has 6 true "A" teams and others that play "A" but should play "B" and others that Play "B" that could but should not play "A". Talking about only the true "A" teams for information purposes for those that want to try out for one of the true "A" teams how should they be ranked? Don't just list teams. Give reasons backed by scores to justify what you are claiming. For example With 91 beating team long Island Yesterday 5-4 those two teams are a toss up. But since 91 won the game they have to be placed ahead of team TLI. Igloo beat both these teams so I think that Igloo is the best Long Island team this year. The debate is for second, third and fourth. Wolves played Igloo close and the Cudas lost by 1 to 91. All the teams are so close I think they are about the same. But if I had to rank them I would say:

1- Igloo

2- 91

3-TLI

4- Wolves

5- Cudas

6- Icon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said and accurate! You can take boys off each team and put them on other teams and you would probably get the same results. There is a lot of talent on those teams and those boys should be applauded!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo arguably the best in the nation at 2021.

Igloo Summer Tournament Schedule according to the their website.

Winners at:
Summer Exposure (Annapolis)
LI Laxfest (Farmingdale)
Crabfest Invitational (Baltimore)
FIL World Lacrosse Festival (Denver)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo earned to be called best on Long Island and that alone says a lot. However I don't know if you can say best in the country because many teams don't travel across the country to play other teams at such a young age. There could be some great teams we never heard of because many think it is very expensive and not worth the cost to travel long distance to play 5th grade lax. In fact very few teams have the money to travel like Igloo does. Some have the money but are not willing to put the time to travel because it is not worth the effort. Without more info on all the teams in the country we can't expand Igloo's best on Long Island title to the best in the country.
Igloo arguably the best in the nation at 2021.

Igloo Summer Tournament Schedule according to the their website.

Winners at:
Summer Exposure (Annapolis)
LI Laxfest (Farmingdale)
Crabfest Invitational (Baltimore)
FIL World Lacrosse Festival (Denver)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't Igloo have 2020 players on the team. I guess it's easy to be called the best 2021 team with 6th graders

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe that is why the poster said arguably the best. That being said I would think the best teams on the east coast participated in Laxfast, Summer Exposure, and Crabfest as there were teams from NY, NJ, PA, FL, MD, NH, Canada...

The west coast represented well in Denver with the West Coast Starz and ADVNC.

Not sure what tournaments these other "great teams" play in. Not looking to expand on any "titles" here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all need to get a life! They're 5th graders and it's obvious the parents care more than their kids. It's all down hill from here for the igloo boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolves easily handled 91 last time they played, maybe 2 weeks ago,. I think they won by 4 or 5 goals. They lost by 2 in a very close game to igloo. Probably deserve to be called # 2 team behind Igloo on the island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolves' dad start winning some tournaments first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolves easily handled 91 last time they played, maybe 2 weeks ago,. I think they won by 4 or 5 goals. They lost by 2 in a very close game to igloo. Probably deserve to be called # 2 team behind Igloo on the island.

What torun aments have the Wolves won? 91 won shamrock shoutout and nxt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLI didn't earn a rank, they opted out of shamrock shoot out and largest where all of the other teams were. You don't rate with top if you always are ducking them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLI is easily near the top of the 2021 rankings. Just ask the other top rated teams. This post must be from a parent who feels they are better because they didn't play them....Careful what you wish for. a lot of talent, determination and skill on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLI should not even be mentioned in the ranking , what tournaments have they won this summer so far? just curious why they are not registered to compete in the Stony Brook Lax Clash this year , after all they won the 2021 bracket last year . What Long Island teams have they played ?

TLI didn't earn a rank, they opted out of shamrock shoot out and largest where all of the other teams were. You don't rate with top if you always are ducking them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolves won the Legacy Invitational (beat laxachusetts black 2x at their tournament) and previously only lost to Igloo in finals of Lax Fest and in semis to WCS at Lax Clash.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chances are all the other teams have kid the same age but they where held back. If it makes you feel better to say your team is better becasue they have three kids in 6th while you have three kids who should have been in 6th have at it
Doesn't Igloo have 2020 players on the team. I guess it's easy to be called the best 2021 team with 6th graders

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is states and even parts of states have different cut off dates for school grade eligibility. NJ or NYC kids moving out to Long Island may be held back at early grades due to the discrepancy. Until every organization and tournament go to age based cut off it will never equal out. Even then, unless cards are issued and checked (as in soccer) people are bound to skirt the rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolves barely beat that Cuda team and won by a single point.
Wolves did beat 91 Heat up pretty bad , and Cudas also lost to 91 heat by a single point. Moral of the story how long have wolves and Heat been together as a team VS the Cudas? Looks like the team to get your kid on would be the underdog at this time , As the team to watch out for in a couple of years would be that underdog team Cudas.

Wolves' dad start winning some tournaments first.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I hope this is not an adult comparing scores of 10 year olds?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's a simple yes or no answer. Does 2021 Igloo have 2020 players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's a simple yes or no answer. Does 2021 Igloo have 2020 players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My team is better than your team... because... only if...

you all sound like a bunch of 10/11 year olds smile

Try to keep the posts productive - oh I forgot, how could you then feel good about yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the attrition you will see, that 'cuddas team will be barely recognizable...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLI is easily near the top of the 2021 rankings. Just ask the other top rated teams. This post must be from a parent who feels they are better because they didn't play them....Careful what you wish for. a lot of talent, determination and skill on that team.

Actually not one other team ever mentioned TLI other than to question where they've been...the only people who rank TLI is TLI. It's pretty comical actually

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLI play small tourneys like Jay Gallagher which is mostly town teams. Of course they are going to beat those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you feel good about yourself with 6th graders on a 5th grade team and then brag they are the best 2021 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the final against TLI and 91 this past weekend?

you feel good about yourself with 6th graders on a 5th grade team and then brag they are the best 2021 team?

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard