BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 66 of 70 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
where does the silver team fit into this?
how does the selection process work as far as picking the kids
going to the better tournaments, showcases and camps?

Never mind the silver team, there are kids on the "Black" team that might not even start on the silver team but are there because of patronage or connections to owners.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boat loads of 17 year olds playing 2017.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that b guy owner is a dirtball. And all about the money. What idiot pays 2500 for 4-5 tournaments. Parents are so naive. Its cute

Every parent whose kid plays for team 91 pays that much for 5 tournaments and even more for the training and winter league.

Well look at it this way, if your kid gets a D1 lacrosse offer you can likely recover a few dimes on a dollar offset on the years of club dues via the scholarship money he gets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles are at 10 committed,

3 Hopkins
1 UNC
1 Fairfield
2 Harvard
1 Bucknell
1 Duke
1 Maryland

[/quote]

Harvard is now permitting public verbals for rising sophs? It was a big no-no last year...apparently they had 6 or more non-public verbals in 2016 class. I actually don't see a commit list for Harvard 2016s where I looked. Not doubting it, but are the rules that there are no rules for 2017s and up? [/quote]

I have a 2017 player who to be clear is not a big Ivy lacrosse recruit, but is a student who could apply with good chances to be admitted. I also have a sister who married up to someone on Harvard's Board of Trustees. Turns out that my brother-in-law's conversations with the Admissions Dean at Harvard College went a little differently than this. No Harvard coach is permitted to designate spots to student athletes as high school entering sophomores or juniors. There is such a thing at Harvard as a "pressure list" of kids being recruited by sports teams at other institutions (this involves documented offers from other schools to merit acceleration), and these applications can be considered and admissions could be offered to a kid in September of their senior year. Further, the lacrosse coach at Harvard does not have spots to offer.

What Harvard lacrosse coaches can do for you is recommend admissions by way of a referral letter that goes into the admissions file for a candidate. Being committed to the admissions process means that a kid being recruited in a sport applies for admission and gets a letter of recommendation from the coach recruiting him, which has about the same weight as being a legacy or relative of a big donor which is our hope for Harvard.

Lastly, be careful Turtle Dads...don't think you are helping the "Smithtown FO guy to Harvard" or his family at all with the Daddy bragging, and you might have already done more damage onto the poor kid than you might imagine to be so. The Admissions people at Harvard didn't find it too amusing and have long memories. Aim high, and there isn't higher than Harvard. But remember that lacrosse is something the person who matters - the Admissions Dean at Harvard College - could not care any less about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 Hopkins
1 UNC
1 Fairfield
2 Harvard
1 Bucknell
1 Duke
1 Maryland

Harvard is now permitting public verbals for rising sophs? It was a big no-no last year...apparently they had 6 or more non-public verbals in 2016 class. I actually don't see a commit list for Harvard 2016s where I looked. Not doubting it, but are the rules that there are no rules for 2017s and up? [/quote]

I have a 2017 player who to be clear is not a big Ivy lacrosse recruit, but is a student who could apply with good chances to be admitted. I also have a sister who married up to someone on Harvard's Board of Trustees. Turns out that my brother-in-law's conversations with the Admissions Dean at Harvard College went a little differently than this. No Harvard coach is permitted to designate spots to student athletes as high school entering sophomores or juniors. There is such a thing at Harvard as a "pressure list" of kids being recruited by sports teams at other institutions (this involves documented offers from other schools to merit acceleration), and these applications can be considered and admissions could be offered to a kid in September of their senior year. Further, the lacrosse coach at Harvard does not have spots to offer.

What Harvard lacrosse coaches can do for you is recommend admissions by way of a referral letter that goes into the admissions file for a candidate. Being committed to the admissions process means that a kid being recruited in a sport applies for admission and gets a letter of recommendation from the coach recruiting him, which has about the same weight as being a legacy or relative of a big donor which is our hope for Harvard.

Lastly, be careful Turtle Dads...don't think you are helping the "Smithtown FO guy to Harvard" or his family at all with the Daddy bragging, and you might have already done more damage onto the poor kid than you might imagine to be so. The Admissions people at Harvard didn't find it too amusing and have long memories. Aim high, and there isn't higher than Harvard. But remember that lacrosse is something the person who matters - the Admissions Dean at Harvard College - could not care any less about. [/quote]

Smithtown f/o is more of a stud in the classroom than on the lax field

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that b guy owner is a dirtball. And all about the money. What idiot pays 2500 for 4-5 tournaments. Parents are so naive. Its cute

Every parent whose kid plays for team 91 pays that much for 5 tournaments and even more for the training and winter league.

Well look at it this way, if your kid gets a D1 lacrosse offer you can likely recover a few dimes on a dollar offset on the years of club dues via the scholarship money he gets.

Try DIII, if your son has decent grades, the schools seem to find academic and merit money for athletes. Even for those who don't have a prayer with any financial aid... 30% off on $56,000 tab is not too shabby.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hate to burst your bubble but EVERY candidate
For admission to Harvard is a stud in the classroom. Stop bragging about him and let's things fall where they will

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 Hopkins
1 UNC
1 Fairfield
2 Harvard
1 Bucknell
1 Duke
1 Maryland

Harvard is now permitting public verbals for rising sophs? It was a big no-no last year...apparently they had 6 or more non-public verbals in 2016 class. I actually don't see a commit list for Harvard 2016s where I looked. Not doubting it, but are the rules that there are no rules for 2017s and up?

Lastly, be careful Turtle Dads...don't think you are helping the "Smithtown FO guy to Harvard" or his family at all with the Daddy bragging, and you might have already done more damage onto the poor kid than you might imagine to be so. The Admissions people at Harvard didn't find it too amusing and have long memories. Aim high, and there isn't higher than Harvard. But remember that lacrosse is something the person who matters - the Admissions Dean at Harvard College - could not care any less about. [/quote]

Smithtown f/o is more of a stud in the classroom than on the lax field [/quote]

Great for the kid. You do realize Harvard declines admission to over 3,500 high school valedictorians each year on average, no? Sounds like this will have a solid application to Harvard in Fall of 2016. So why hurt the kid's chances to gain admission to Harvard in three years by lying about it now? If my kid's name was being leaked out there as "going to Harvard" and Bill Fitzsimmons knew about that and thought negatively on it, I'd be pretty concerned. He'll stamp reject on it just on principle if he feels undermined. Sounds like you're not getting the memo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After all that I bet the kid still gets into Harvard. Good luck young man!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 Hopkins
1 UNC
1 Fairfield
2 Harvard
1 Bucknell
1 Duke
1 Maryland

ladies and gentleman we have our biggest DB award.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Harvard Shmarvard move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jeez, how dumb could you LI guys be. On Twitter bragging about Harvard class of 2021. If the lax coach is a supporter, don't do stupid things to make him look like a fool...which you already did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boat loads of 17 year olds playing 2017.

What was the best showcase events so far for rising sophs? Jake Reed, Black Card or Showtime? From amount of coaches and better players. Thanks in advance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
let me get this straight, your brother in law is on the board at Harvard, and you took it upon yourself to create an issue in hopes to make a problem for this young man? Could you be a bigger dk??!! What happens when your son doesn't get hired by Goldman, you have a brother in law there to complain to? You must be a treat to have as a bro in law, envious [lacrosse].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
let me get this straight, your brother in law is on the board at Harvard, and you took it upon yourself to create an issue in hopes to make a problem for this young man? Could you be a bigger dk??!! What happens when your son doesn't get hired by Goldman, you have a brother in law there to complain to? You must be a treat to have as a bro in law, envious [lacrosse].

Why is he a [lacrosse]? Because someone is lying about beimg recruited in 10th to harvard?

People grow up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is he a [lacrosse]? Because someone is lying about beimg recruited in 10th to harvard?

People grow up

let me explain, all Ivy league candidates are committing to the admissions process, there is no guarantee that they will be admitted. This AC is telling us he complained to his Bro in law who is on the Board of Trustees, who then brought it up to admissions, then intimated they could be rejected.
How was your day? Great I'm envious of a young man who wants to and is good enough to play at Harvard and i did my best to crush his dreams. PS he's a FDB

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People grow up

let me explain, all Ivy league candidates are committing to the admissions process, there is no guarantee that they will be admitted. This AC is telling us he complained to his Bro in law who is on the Board of Trustees, who then brought it up to admissions, then intimated they could be rejected.
How was your day? Great I'm envious of a young man who wants to and is good enough to play at Harvard and i did my best to crush his dreams. PS he's a FDB

Must be different for girls. There were sophs last year who committed to Harvard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't repeat that. That loser is probably calling his Brother in law again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 Hopkins
1 UNC
1 Fairfield
2 Harvard
1 Bucknell
1 Duke
1 Maryland

Don't listen to this guy. My son recently graduated from Harvard and was recruited and played lacrosse. It's not really different at Harvard than Johns Hopkins (other than no scholarships). True, you are not formally "accepted" until senior year. (this is true at non Ivy's as well). But what you do get is a letter which basically says you will be given strong consideration for admissions as long as you continue to perform in school, etc. sort of like a highly confident letter. It is obviously not binding but neither is a verbal from Maryland. LOI signing (for non IVYs) is the only time when a contract is formed between player and institution.

And as for no scholarships, if you meet the need based criteria (as we did), there are plenty of grants (not loans), which are the same (and arguably better) than scholarships.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 Hopkins
1 UNC
1 Fairfield
2 Harvard
1 Bucknell
1 Duke
1 Maryland

Harvard is now permitting public verbals for rising sophs? It was a big no-no last year...apparently they had 6 or more non-public verbals in 2016 class. I actually don't see a commit list for Harvard 2016s where I looked. Not doubting it, but are the rules that there are no rules for 2017s and up?

Don't listen to this guy. My son recently graduated from Harvard and was recruited and played lacrosse. It's not really different at Harvard than Johns Hopkins (other than no scholarships). True, you are not formally "accepted" until senior year. (this is true at non Ivy's as well). But what you do get is a letter which basically says you will be given strong consideration for admissions as long as you continue to perform in school, etc. sort of like a highly confident letter. It is obviously not binding but neither is a verbal from Maryland. LOI signing (for non IVYs) is the only time when a contract is formed between player and institution.

And as for no scholarships, if you meet the need based criteria (as we did), there are plenty of grants (not loans), which are the same (and arguably better) than scholarships.
[/quote]

What is your name? I am calling my brother-in-law...he s going to rescind your diploma!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles committed are:

3 Hopkins
1 UNC
2 Fairfield
2 Harvard
1 Bucknell
1 Duke
1 Maryland
1 UPenn

Ps. Saw the Harvard coach this weekend and congratulated him on his 2017 class...He said thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 Hopkins
1 UNC
1 Fairfield
2 Harvard
1 Bucknell
1 Duke
1 Maryland

[/quote]

Love it - the majic word "Grants" - the one thing that if you keep your grades up stay with you (most of the time) even if you stop playing. Much better than scholarships. grades... grades... grades

What a way to a brighter future

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
12 commits is pretty legit and I don't think any other club is close to that although it's not a race or competition.

Goalies generally go later in the process and the turtles goalies are very good. 2016 goalies on very good teams are still uncommitted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalies are one of the last positions looked at for recruiting, but I bet this kid has his phone ringing off the hook with interested coaches feeling him out- and of course, he may very well be waiting for an Ivy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't Maverik sell a lot of equip thru Lacrosse Unlimited?
Just sayin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the turtles are so elite, why isn`t the assistant coaches son (the goalie) committed yet?
you are an a-hole. Kid just made Maverik All-Star team and is very good.

So did others who shouldn't. Politics!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the turtles are so elite, why isn`t the assistant coaches son (the goalie) committed yet?

I guess when he played a great game against the crabs to win the championship game at crab feast that was politics also. You have no idea what you are talking about, the kid is a top-tier goalie who will go to a great college. And you are just an envious A - hole

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what kind of man attacks a kid. Go back to beating your wife and kids you piece of s..t!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess when he played a great game against the crabs to win the championship game at crab feast that was politics also. You have no idea what you are talking about, the kid is a top-tier goalie who will go to a great college. And you are just an envious A - hole

OMG.... Lax daddy gone wild!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to say i've read some classless statements on these pages but this one takes the cake. Asst Coach??? How dare you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I had a College coach answer that for me a few years ago when he said " its had to get a feel for a goalie who only sees 5/6 shots in a game " seems like the Turtles dominance has hurt their 2 very good goalies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 68 2017 commits according to inside lacrosse, 4 are goalies...I would not look too deeply into any teams goalies specifically.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I had a College coach answer that for me a few years ago when he said " its had to get a feel for a goalie who only sees 5/6 shots in a game " seems like the Turtles dominance has hurt their 2 very good goalies.

And you are close to these two kids to know that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it is a sad state of affairs that adults feel the need to disparage young boys. Every kid on every team works hard to hopefully get an opportunity to play lacrosse in college. You should be encouraging the boys to always srtive for the best. They will all find a college that that is a good fit for them academically and athletically. I would think you have better things to do with your time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...and don't forget "hater of the year" award.
Just imagine this DB cornering his bro-in-law at the family 4th of July BBQ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the Turtle's that participated in the Maverick Showtime didn't make the All-Star game. No politics involved hear. Do the research.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the Turtle's that participated in the Maverick Showtime didn't make the All-Star game. No politics involved hear. Do the research.

No politics involved HERE. Unless you are HEARing about the politics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most of the turtles did not make all-star team, that is true. Its also true that a bunch of LI and PA kids that are excellent players & about 25 commits from all over the US didn't make all star game. Several of their selections had people confused. Regardless, its also true that the goalie from turtles your speaking of is a very strong goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am friendly with one of the coaches from Showtime. He felt that the Turtles are decent players for the most part, but well over hyped, and not any different than the majority of the other players at the camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am friendly with one of the coaches from Showtime. He felt that the Turtles are decent players for the most part, but well over hyped, and not any different than the majority of the other players at the camp.

Liar liar pants on fire.

Page 66 of 70 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard