BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 29 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29
Re: Boys Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They cant take the pressures of A and AA

When you have an "AA" Division the "A" is really the "B" Division. You can call it anything that you like but it is not the "Top Division".

SW, WM and WI all in "B" Division .

SW and WM in same division as SE, who won the championship against Express A. Why was an A Express team in that division?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Overheard a Div 1 college coach today saying all the games he watched on fields 13-20 didn't' matter if was a "B" team or "A" he said all of them were unbelievably skilled with all aspects of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you have an "AA" Division the "A" is really the "B" Division. You can call it anything that you like but it is not the "Top Division".

SW and WM in same division as SE, who won the championship against Express A. Why was an A Express team in that division?

Who cares about Express? Play in the top division. Pound your chest that you won the B division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares about Express? Play in the top division. Pound your chest that you won the B division.

You are an idiot! Town teams normally play in B bracket because A has select teams where most kids are committed and recruited onto those teams. Would not be fair. Stop being so jealous!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an idiot! Town teams normally play in B bracket because A has select teams where most kids are committed and recruited onto those teams. Would not be fair. Stop being so jealous!

Syosset always plays in highest division. Guess they care more about challenging their players then losing a game in a summer tournament. They didn't seem afraid of travel teams in their AA bracket.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not jealous. Just thought the Powerhouse Programs would want to play against the best competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset always plays in highest division. Guess they care more about challenging their players then losing a game in a summer tournament. They didn't seem afraid of travel teams in their AA bracket.

How did Syosset do with that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

SW and WM in same division as SE, who won the championship against Express A. Why was an A Express team in that division? [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How did Syosset do with that? [/quote]

It's summer lacrosse u moron. They played great teams in very competitive games with the object being to improve as a team . Put themselves in highest bracket and won some and lost some. Guess they could have embarrassed themselves by going into lower bracket to blow out B teams and not accomplished anything as a team . They're high school players you tool so don't think they care about the tshirt. I assume you're walking around the house in your sons right now. Congrats

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Answer the question, what were the scores of their games? Seems like they would have been more competitive in B. They would have a tough time beating the Stowns or WM. Like I said, jealous!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That express team was no powerhouse team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That express team was no powerhouse team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top Express teams did not play in Laxfest. They were all in Philly for Dukes Invitational.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top Express teams did not play in Laxfest. They were all in Philly for Dukes Invitational.

Town teams traditionally play in a lower division than travel. A team like Stown has two HSs so the talent is somewhat diluted. They played where they belong. Why so concerned about it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, smithtown has two high schools and have very diluted talent. Both teams really struggled this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, smithtown has two high schools and have very diluted talent. Both teams really struggled this year.

Now THAT was funny!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you see the playoffs and where both STowns were....jack [lacrosse] !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you see the playoffs and where both STowns were....jack [lacrosse] !!

Team Smithtown did not do well at Best of the Best this weekend!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No worse then shoreham.
That team should retire
Anyone realize its not a two man show??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At NHSLS tourney a complete Baltimore smackdown on Smithtown East...SW coming up against Calvert Hall soon I believe

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At NHSLS tourney a complete Baltimore smackdown on Smithtown East...SW coming up against Calvert Hall soon I believe

SE best players at UA they also play everyone in summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore's best there as well. Nice try, maybe it
was the refs or the holdbacks or the weather

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was the crabs. always blame the crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calvert Hall spanks SW. Oh wait, let me guess...
All the SW kids are at UA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was the crabs. always blame the crabs.

It was bad coaching that did them in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many LI teams at hotbeds. This has turned into a low level tournament. No quality coaches or competition. Sad for LI lax to be at this type of low level event!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, so is it just me, or is this summer's recruiting circuit driving everyone nuts. Kids are being pulled in too many different directions. Kids playing on multiple travel teams. Defecting onto national teams, One showcase after another. We don't really get to see how kids stack up against the best of their own age group because there are always kids missing playing where they think the grass is greener. All these events bill themselves as invite only, best of the best. I don't see that. I see watered down lax. Anyone else?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, so is it just me, or is this summer's recruiting circuit driving everyone nuts. Kids are being pulled in too many different directions. Kids playing on multiple travel teams. Defecting onto national teams, One showcase after another. We don't really get to see how kids stack up against the best of their own age group because there are always kids missing playing where they think the grass is greener. All these events bill themselves as invite only, best of the best. I don't see that. I see watered down lax. Anyone else?

It is not just you, I was at a rising freshman tourney and everybody said it was a waste of time because there were no D1 coaches on the sidelines, I kept thinking how silly that was, they are 14 and playing lacrosse with their friends on a beautiful day, that really should be good enough, but if Petro is not at a 14 year old lacrosse game does it really matter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017,2016, and 2015 boys national individual rankings will be released today in Inside Lacrosse. Can't wait to see how LI boys stack up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3d rising also putting out the top 30 2017's. Everyone seems to be getting involved in this now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017,2016, and 2015 boys national individual rankings will be released today in Inside Lacrosse. Can't wait to see how LI boys stack up!

Means nothing. My son been on it for past two years, his HS coach & future college coach next year told us same thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Means nothing. My son been on it for past two years, his HS coach & future college coach next year told us same thing.

That's funny my son's coaches are very interested in the rankings. Seems the kids higher on the list getting the big scholarship offers. If that means nothing to you it would be weird

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny my son's coaches are very interested in the rankings. Seems the kids higher on the list getting the big scholarship offers. If that means nothing to you it would be weird

By "big" do you mean 10k for a 60k school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, more like 30k for a 50k+ top school. That's what the top kids are getting, don't fool yourself. FACT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most kids are committed BEFORE rankings even come out. So ranking have nothing to do with an offer. And if your college coach is interested in rankings than there is a good chance coach needs your kid ranked to keep his job with the school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings mean nothing. My son and some of his friends very nice packages while never making the list. Its just for show, all good players but most are already commited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most kids are committed BEFORE rankings even come out. So ranking have nothing to do with an offer. And if your college coach is interested in rankings than there is a good chance coach needs your kid ranked to keep his job with the school.

There is a reason why committed kids are ranked the best, did you ever think that that is the reason they are committed? statistically kids ranked in top 20 by IL are the best performers in there HS/club and college teams, just sayin! Sounds like somebody's kid did not make the cut.
Some observations:

The kids listed are for the most part total studs!

Most are from prep schools, many holdbacks.

LI not that well represented, although we do have a handful of top 20.

They are mostly committed to the best schools for a reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a reason why committed kids are ranked the best, did you ever think that that is the reason they are committed? statistically kids ranked in top 20 by IL are the best performers in there HS/club and college teams, just sayin! Sounds like somebody's kid did not make the cut.
Some observations:

The kids listed are for the most part total studs!

Most are from prep schools, many holdbacks.

LI not that well represented, although we do have a handful of top 20.

They are mostly committed to the best schools for a reason.

Whats more interesting is the movement from year-to-year. Did a kid move up or down the list and by how much? A couple of spots not a big deal. 15 or more spots and its very telling both ways.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
--Saw the SWR/WM team at Farmingdale yesterday, looked like they have some
good players & were having fun playing, nice to see.

Bad move not playing for your own HS team in the fall.
But at least they are playing so please tell them to:

work hard and average can become average
keep a positive attitude
be coachable
be unselfish

Keep a positive enironment at home.

Thanks, --"

---- The above was pulled from the SWR thread. Is there a combo SWR / Ward Melville Team out there? If yes is it part of the Patriot Elite or does it have something to do with Empire? or neither?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^really?
As long as kids are away from inexperienced young lad,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]--Saw the SWR/WM team at Farmingdale yesterday, looked like they have some
good players & were having fun playing, nice to see.

Bad move not playing for your own HS team in the fall.
But at least they are playing so please tell them to:

work hard and average can become average
keep a positive attitude
be coachable
be unselfish

Keep a positive enironment at home.

Thanks, --"

This doesn't sound like "One Town One Team" .

Page 22 of 29 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard