BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Boys 2014 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Comments and discussions covering the Boys 2014 recruiting class, team play, tournaments, and showcases will be covered in this thread.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2014 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Is there any difference between the Hofstra showcase on Nov 6th and November 13th or are they the same?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 4 Teams- NO ONE ELSE IS CLOSE
In NO Order - they could beat each other any time
Jesters
Li Outlaws Black
Li Express Orange
fl$

All Have Big Time Players

DO NOT START WHO's BETTER Because its a waste of time
20 to 30 Studs and the 50 to 60 really good players on these teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Riptide's 10th graders (2014s) won at Forsberg which was a good showing for the program in addition to the their 8th graders (2016s) and 5th graders (2019s). On their web site, they are also reporting some college recruitment which looks very positive overall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ lacrosse for Boys 2014 included JDRF (3-0), MVP Winners, UMass Tournament (2-3), and Hofstra Blue/Gold (3-2). Good season overall heading in the final showcasing seasons.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ripe Tides Forsberg Champions was ther 2013's In a JV Division

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Riptide has a reputation for playing down from their age group. IMHO that's no way to get better. Outlaws 2014 black always play up as other top 2014 teams do. You get more out of a close loss to older kids than to roll over a team by 8 goals.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Amazingly, there are reports circulating that Hicksville sophomore, Pat McCormick, has committed to UNC as an attack player.

Club affiliation: Long Island Express
Major lacrosse honors: Started on Varsity 8th Grade, Inside Lacrosse #11 Young Gun Sophomore, Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip, Long Island Showcase, Top 205, All Conference.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Christian Zawadzki (Class of 2014, Smithtown West) has just verbally committed - details follow. (BOTC is attempting to validate all of the details here as we have a second sophomore commitment within this week.)

Position: Midfield
College Choice: University of Maryland
Club Affiliation: Team Smithtown West
Major lacrosse honors: Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip Rising Sophomore, Philly Showcase, Team Finalist Tri-State

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These two 2014 commitments are confirmed. My son plays with one of them and I have seen both these kids play and they are very good. Congratulations to both Pat McCormick and Christian Zawadzki. Maryland and UNC are great schools and great lacrosse programs. Nice accomplishment as they are only sophomores. They are also real nice kids,glad to see this work out for them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Two newly announced sophomore signings follow.

Sean Cerrone (Chaminade High School)
Position: Midfielder
College choice: Villanova University
Lacrosse Camps attended: Jake Reed’s Blue Chip, Top 205, U-15 Nationals.

Jordan Walter (Cold Spring Harbor)
College Choice: Notre Dame
Club Affiliation: For the Love of the Game
Major lacrosse Honors: Philly Showcase Gait All-Star team. Invited to Nike Blue Chip and Maverik showcase. Member of the Brine National Lacrosse Classic Long Island team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by CageSage

Major lacrosse Honors: Philly Showcase Gait All-Star team. Invited to Nike Blue Chip and Maverik showcase. Member of the Brine National Lacrosse Classic Long Island team.

I don't understand why sophomore commitments are being posted. I also don't understand how a sophomore is mature enough to make such a commitment. Seems the NCAA feels the same way, hence the recruiting rules.

I do understand the excitement and pride these players feel and deservedly so. I just think this adds unnecessary pressure to an already intense decision. I think the College Coaches have the responsibility to come up with a better way of acknowledging their interest in a player. Instead of "VERBAL COMMITMENT" maybe they should say "mutual interest". I bet George Carlin could have written a great bit on this.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by 429lax
Originally Posted by CageSage

I don't understand why sophomore commitments are being posted. I also don't understand how a sophomore is mature enough to make such a commitment. Seems the NCAA feels the same way, hence the recruiting rules.

I do understand the excitement and pride these players feel and deservedly so. I just think this adds unnecessary pressure to an already intense decision. I think the College Coaches have the responsibility to come up with a better way of acknowledging their interest in a player. Instead of "VERBAL COMMITMENT" maybe they should say "mutual interest". I bet George Carlin could have written a great bit on this.

I pretty much agree. I can't say I'd be comfortable with my 10th grader commiting to much of anything. Yes, it's nice to be wanted and certainly nice to get rid of the stress of deciding, but still. It's a big decision with two years before fulfillment, lots of things change in a teen's life in two years.

Not to take the huzzahs away from the kids who do commit early, congrat to them and their parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by 429lax

I could not agree more, I am the parent of an 9th grade player, he has been invited to Jake Reed and I am looking forward to seeing if he can run with these kids, but as I look at my 15 year old from a lacrosse stand point I have no idea how good he is or how good he can be or at what level he can play, I also have no idea how much more he is going to grow. As I look at my 15 year old son I have no idea what he wants to study or how his GPA and SAT's are going to be, he has 1 year of midterms to go by, but I also do not want to screw up what is obviously the biggest decision of his life and fall behind others or miss out on a great opportunity hoping for a better great opportunity that may never happen. This is crazy because what should be a very well researched decision with many factors (education, social and athletic) is becoming almost an entirely lacrosse decision and it is hard. I know a lot of people would love to be in this situation and also say "how can you be making a mistake when you are going to an Ivy League school" but it really is not that easy. I hope the NCAA does do something to push back this process at least into Junior year.

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard