BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
cold Spring Harbor beat Franklin Square

Yes in PAL and FS beat CSH in tournament play what's your point?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a lot of talent in this age group. I believe any one of these teams can beat each other on any given day. So relax with your rankings their 11. They have good days and bad days. We should be happy we have such a well developed age group that allows them to be competitive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City we also beat Franklin Square

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a lot of talent in this age group. I believe any one of these teams can beat each other on any given day. So relax with your rankings their 11. They have good days and bad days. We should be happy we have such a well developed age group that allows them to be competitive

Well said, the competition will benefit the kids in the long run.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City we also beat Franklin Square

I think it's comical how many towns have to come on here and say you beat us. Let's cut to the chase. FS lost to CSH, Manhasset and SHoreham in PAL this season. FS also beat CSH in tournament play GC in Elwood championship and in PAL but lost to them in JDRF. Beat bay shore in play pool this weekend but lost to them in the championship. Does that sum it up for all of you? Lots of talent in 2021 and anyone's game in any given day.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems you must have missed the Crabs get throttled by Bethesda LC in semis - was 8-1 before Crabs scored 3 goals man up in 4th qtr. Last time they played Bethesda beat them 12-5 in May. Hardly best team at tourney. Oh…and Bethesda is a U11 Team - Crabs have (7) U13 kids - not against the rules for Tourny - all good - just facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo has now beaten the Top U11 Team in Maryland/VA/DC (3) times (Bethesda LC) in past two weeks. Games were hard fought - and Igloo deserved the wins - very good squad. Bethesda LC was undefeated in NPYLL and has beaten Crabs badly twice and all of the other HOCO Teams this past year as well. Igloo deserves credit. Team LI lost to Bethesda and Igloo at Young Guns and Bethesda beat up Crabs. Was a worthwhile Tourny - its how the boys will all get better - play good teams - win or lose. Strong Island has bragging rights at this age group - for now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 town

Smithtown blue
Franklin square
GC
Manhasset
Sachem

cold spring harbor beat Franklin square

How can you not list Bay Shore ? 3 championships this summer and 1 loss in the finals. They have beaten Smithtown and Franklin Square.

Port Washington in the mix also

And Franklin Square has beaten Bayshore and Smithtown beat Franklin Square and the green grass grew all around and around...

Just give credit where it is do! Franklin Square, Smithtown and Bay Shore are top 2021 teams.

Town talk in the summer. Town lax is subpar.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Chris Berman

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...and how did Gorilla go for the town teams, Outlaws and HDD? Not a premiere event, but how did they represent?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any information on Summer lacrosse leagues? How many different ones are there? Does the abundance of Summer tournaments make them unnecessary? Looked at the schedule for Long Island Lacrosse League, and they only had a handful of teams in each age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you really think your 11 year old son want to play in a summer league when it's 90 degrees. IF you just finished summer tournament grind , why the [lacrosse] would you subject him to a low level competition. I forgot , he wants to play. Yea right ask him honestly. Let the kids enjoy what's left of the summer. Just my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer leagues are great for kids who want to play with friends who may be at different levels and play on different travel teams.
Do you really think your 11 year old son want to play in a summer league when it's 90 degrees. IF you just finished summer tournament grind , why the [lacrosse] would you subject him to a low level competition. I forgot , he wants to play. Yea right ask him honestly. Let the kids enjoy what's left of the summer. Just my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Leagues are more like pick up games with friends than the Travel season. At least it is with our Summer/Town team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the tryout schedule jockeying begin. Igloo-September 13th, 14th, 21st (22nd is Rain Out Date)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the cost this year? I'm sure it won't be $2300 given they are having many teams at different grades.
Let the tryout schedule jockeying begin. Igloo-September 13th, 14th, 21st (22nd is Rain Out Date)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the cost this year? I'm sure it won't be $2300 given they are having many teams at different grades.

$3500 all in according to their tryout packet on their site. that's a lot of coin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is all in? How do you compare it? Do they giv eyou alst of what they are doing? Then if something comes up you don't have to pay for it? Or if something is cancaled you don't get a refund?

Curious how this will work. great model but you still need to know what you are paying for. they have a great product so I guess something is working

$3500 all in according to their tryout packet on their site. that's a lot of coin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is all in? How do you compare it? Do they giv eyou alst of what they are doing? Then if something comes up you don't have to pay for it? Or if something is cancaled you don't get a refund?

Curious how this will work. great model but you still need to know what you are paying for. they have a great product so I guess something is working

Consumers choice. They are transparent in laying out exactly what you get for the money you spend. Honest and upfront

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would spend that $$ on a math or English tutor. Better shot at getting an academic scholarship than a lax scholarship. Just the facts...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Express tryouts? anything on when they are hosting? 91 has already posted as well , would be nice for these clubs to Honestly put out on what they are looking for (A,M,D) , as igloo does not take many kids because there first team is stacked , they are forming a second team as that tells you its all about riding on the bandwagon making Coin! I am sure they will pick a good roster , but it will not be the same as their original talent pool. Both Express teams this year have done very well in their tournaments , what are the openings if any ? and 91 although still the same SWR core group they have a turn style of talent year in year out , are they going to compete next year with more talent surfacing into other clubs ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Over the last few years Igloo gave many more practices then any other team for $2300. That was a great deal. Many hoped they would set the trend and keep prices down. Now Igloo charges $3500 plus tryout and travel cost. They offer one practice a week with a minimum of 25 total practices per the email they sent out. They are giving about 5-10 more practices compared to most other clubs but charging $1500 to $2000 more then the rest. I hope this does not set a new trend that other teams follow of giving a few more practices and charging thousands more. I think Igloo is the most expensive club now. Sad what club lacrosse has become.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Smithtown's philosophy have an impact on what the 2021 impact will be on travel. Heard it wasn't very pleasant for the 2020 and 2019 age group.

Heard rumblings that towns want to keep the boys in house in many other towns as well. Big conversation on another thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$3500, That is insane! No joke, get them a math or science tutor and stick with your town team. That is a mortgage payment to some. I love my kids but there is no way I would shell out $3500 bucks for a game. FOOLS!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$3500, That is insane! No joke, get them a math or science tutor and stick with your town team. That is a mortgage payment to some. I love my kids but there is no way I would shell out $3500 bucks for a game. FOOLS!

Whats insane is that Igloo, 91, Express all have a few great teams, in the case of Igloo just one. And based on that people are willing to shell out this kind of dough when in fact there is virtually no room, maybe 1-2 slots on the great teams, so you are automatically paying the huge price associated with a grea team and end up on a B team or with Igloo you will be on a new team or an average team like their current 2022. I understand paying a premium if you make Smash, Crush, Igloo 2021 but paying that kind of money to be on an unproven team? that's nuts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This does not include tryouts and travel cost. I don't care how rich someone is. Most people on Long Island CAN afford this but at some point parents have to stop paying these prices. Before today I respected this program and everyone connected to it. I thought Igloo was above any "profit margin to consider"!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The folks that pay the money are the folks that know what a good coach is and know that their kids can and will compete at the highest level of lacrosse.

You blow $3500 so you can sit down and watch a 3D TV when in truth you should have been outside having a catch with your kid.

Don't be haters....All these teams are good and lets give that coach a chance to detail out why its $3500 and then you can start talking like you people know better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a video that everyone should watch before they give hard earned money away.Most of you have seen this video but watch and laugh. This is just for fun and no intent to singe out any team. Just keep this video in mind when you choose a program. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZwJjGN7j30

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a video that everyone should watch before they give hard earned money away.Most of you have seen this video but watch and laugh. This is just for fun and no intent to singe out any team. Just keep this video in mind when you choose a program. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZwJjGN7j30

That was very funny!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
" All these teams are good". What makes you think that? What was the Rising Third (2024), rising fourth (2023). eighth and rising 6th grade (2021) B team record this year? Having asked that--- I can't think of anything a coach can tell me that could justify someone paying $3500 for any third/fourth grade team, an average 5th grade (2022) team or a B sixth grade (2021)team. The fees are listed with detail in the email and yes a little more is given compared to SOME other clubs but not 2k more. What do you think a parent should do if they have two or three kids??? Also you don't buy a TV every year. No haters here. Just a few things that are being pointed out.
The folks that pay the money are the folks that know what a good coach is and know that their kids can and will compete at the highest level of lacrosse.

You blow $3500 so you can sit down and watch a 3D TV when in truth you should have been outside having a catch with your kid.

Don't be haters....All these teams are good and lets give that coach a chance to detail out why its $3500 and then you can start talking like you people know better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plenty of great ESTABLISHED lacrosse coaches with programs out there at the fraction of the cost. You must be an igloo-ade drinker.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"All these teams are good". What makes you think that? What was the Rising Third (2024), rising fourth (2023). eighth and rising 6th grade (2021) B team record this year? Having asked that--- I can't think of anything a coach can tell me that could justify someone paying $3500 for any third/fourth grade team, an average 5th grade (2022) team or a B sixth grade (2021)team. The fees are listed with detail in the email and yes a little more is given compared to SOME other clubs but not 2k more. What do you think a parent should do if they have two or three kids??? Also you don't buy a TV every year. No haters here. Just a few things that are being pointed out.

Well stated...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is crazy. If you start your kid with Igloo and keep him on from 4th grade through high school, its over $30,000. That's without travel and from what I see they have 5 away tournaments. I thought I was nuts paying $1200. Good luck hope your paying the college tuition now instead of later.

FYI
Bestbuy 60" LED 3D T.V. Sony $2200

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was very funny!!!

I think that was the Igloo director talking in that video!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$3500 and you have to pay for the Igkool-Aid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tuition 6 teams * 23 players * $3500 = $483,000
Tryout 6 teams * 23 players * $100 = $13,800 (if minimum show) # could double
Apparel 6 teams * 23 players * $100 per family = $13,800 got to have your hats & shirts

IT'S ALL FOR THE KIDS!!!

I'm in the wrong business. All I had to do was play lacrosse when I was a kid. Oh wait I didn't even have to do that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the public speak loud by not paying $3600 (including tryouta) a year to play lax??? If someone plays third to 10th grade and assume no price increase over the 8 years that is $28800 plus travel tounaments each year that adds to the cost. At some point the market has to say "no" to these prices. If people pay this fee the owner will have money from this year alone to send a kid to college for free. This is too funny. I bet people will pay this.
Apparel 6 teams * 23 players * $100 per family = $13,800 got to have your hats & shirts

IT'S ALL FOR THE KIDS!!!

I'm in the wrong business. All I had to do was play lacrosse when I was a kid. Oh wait I didn't even have to do that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WIth all the great lax players on the Island I am shocked more guys have not jumped into the fray and lowered prices. I have toyed with the idea of a parents collaborative. A coach with proper experience would be hired. His cost would be listed , ex dollars per hour, ex dollars per tourney, the cost of insurance and tournaments as well as field rental etc. You run the try out and that coach makes all player personnel decisions. If you want to do an indoor league or extra practices you could choose not to hire the coach for those events. Some soccer teams do this, the majority of practices and all games and tourneys run by a hired trainer. I think you could get what all the big programs are offering for under 800 bucks and thats with a roster of 18. I know highly qualified coaches and what they charge. Your basically cutting out ownership and the money that flows to them. Was wondering what others thought of such an arrangement?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The public will continue to pay and say thank you sir may i have another.
The Igloo geographic/demographic does not think $3,500 is substantial. In fact they would and soon will pay more. If they throw in another tournament with another jersey or more apparel you don't need they can get 5k. More expensive then the 3d Tv but cheaper than the nanny. But the Champion t-shirts are still free.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the public speak loud by not paying $3600 (including tryouta) a year to play lax??? If someone plays third to 10th grade and assume no price increase over the 8 years that is $28800 plus travel tounaments each year that adds to the cost. At some point the market has to say "no" to these prices. If people pay this fee the owner will have money from this year alone to send a kid to college for free. This is too funny. I bet people will pay this.

IT'S ALL FOR THE KIDS!!!

Parents need to take a stand instead of blindly writing checks. This will only be the beginning and other teams will follow suit unless we turn our backs on them and slaughter the pig now

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard