BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 128 1 2 3 4 5 6 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LOL. Young Guns wasn't last weekend - it's THIS weekend. Try again.

Young guns just happened, sorry you need to check your facts, I was there to see the Crabs lose with their big slugs! Witnessed ref saying he needed to get a game in overtime over because he was the coach of his CRABS team that was about to play. CONFLICT OF INTEREST. Saw two good goals taken away from u16 team to keep Crabs in Crabfeast, sorry they lost anyway!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me hold my son back so that he can be a stud on the U15AA team next year - cannot wait! Let's pay for another year of private school - great idea because he might get a 25% scholarship, but unlikely. My son will really learn alot about life - since we can do it and can afford it. We will really be able to stick our chests out next year - cannot wait!

Heard the Crabs already have six kids repeating to play U15 again. King Crab must be proud, parents excited about their time to shine next year - junior will be the stud of this team next year!

This game of privilge with no future riches is all about egos!

Was at Crabfest/Young guns last weekend with kids playing in two different age groups. Crabs kids were clearly older. 2020 kid six foot tall with full hairy legs. Sad part is they could not even win a championship, even with crab refs making horrible calls. Little kids running circles around them at all age groups. Crabs are pathetic at the X. Keep holding your kids back, it doesn't matter. The better players from outside MD came home with the championship. Have a nice summer.

Turtles eat Crabs for breakfast, go back to prep school and prep! You need it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep it coming. You guys crying about overage kids and the owner of the Crabs are providing great entertainment for the rest of us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep it coming. You guys crying about overage kids and the owner of the Crabs are providing great entertainment for the rest of us.

Yes, especially fun to see your overage goons LOSE, Agree great entertainment! Keep it coming! looks like a bad investment to me!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Crabs actually win any divisions at their own tournament with all their holbacks?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Young guns just happened, sorry you need to check your facts, I was there to see the Crabs lose with their big slugs! Witnessed ref saying he needed to get a game in overtime over because he was the coach of his CRABS team that was about to play. CONFLICT OF INTEREST. Saw two good goals taken away from u16 team to keep Crabs in Crabfeast, sorry they lost anyway!

When people talk about the Crabs' Young Guns tournament, they are talking about the 7th and 8th grade fields. I guess there is now one called Young Guns for 5th and 6th grade.

Guess what? Nobody cares about kids that young, except for the weirdo dads on this forum.

LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Crabs actually win any divisions at their own tournament with all their holbacks?

Madlax dad here. You guys sound like a bunch of jealous, whiny man babies. The 2017 crabs team is a fantastic team. Not sure about the rest of the age groups though. I would guess they are equally as good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When people talk about the Crabs' Young Guns tournament, they are talking about the 7th and 8th grade fields. I guess there is now one called Young Guns for 5th and 6th grade.

Guess what? Nobody cares about kids that young, except for the weirdo dads on this forum.

LOL.

Actually the HS teams played last weekend as well, as I said in my post that I had sons at both. I think people cared, as the games were written up in Inside Lacrosse. The older Crabs also failed to produce any championship with all there prep school holdbacks. FACT! Who's the weirdo?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL.

So 7th grade is the starting gate when can "weirdo dads" can point out that the Crabs have players a year and sometimes two years older than their opponents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a Lon Island parent I suggest we stop going to
the Crab sponsored tournaments and don't letCrabs in
ours.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL.

Actually the HS teams played last weekend as well, as I said in my post that I had sons at both. I think people cared, as the games were written up in Inside Lacrosse. The older Crabs also failed to produce any championship with all there prep school holdbacks. FACT! Who's the weirdo?

The HS teams played in the CRABFEAST last weekend, buddy.

Yes, the Crabs lost in the championship by 2 goals to an excellent Turtles team.

Who cares? If you think the #1 priority of summer lacrosse is winning tournament championships, you are an absolute loser and your sons are not being taught the right values.

I am not a Crabs parents, but if you dislike them, why play in their tournaments? Spend your money elsewhere.

LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL.

Yes, the Crabs lost in the championship by 2 goals to an excellent Turtles team.

Who cares? If you think the #1 priority of summer lacrosse is winning tournament championships, you are an absolute loser and your sons are not being taught the right values.

I am not a Crabs parents, but if you dislike them, why play in their tournaments? Spend your money elsewhere.

LOL.

I wish people would stop with the "who cares?" and "if you care so much..." comments. It's fine for parents to care deeply about their kids' sports. And learning the joy of winning at something you work hard at is perhaps one of the most important values a kid can learn. Study hard for your test and get an A, practice hard and be in excellent physical shape and win the top lacrosse tournaments (or whatever sport your kid may choose to play). But don't knock parents for caring about their kids and how they perform on the athletic field. I have a bigger problem with parents who don't care, and treat it as a hobby. For the elite programs, too much money and time is invested to not aim for success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL.

LOL.

"Young guns just happened, sorry you need to check your facts, I was there to see the Crabs lose with their big slugs! Witnessed ref saying he needed to get a game in overtime over because he was the coach of his CRABS team that was about to play. CONFLICT OF INTEREST. Saw two good goals taken away from u16 team to keep Crabs in Crabfeast, sorry they lost anyway!"

Notice I said Young Guns and CRABFEAST'

Your really do need to learn how to read. And yes, Turtles beat Crabs easily. However, I was refering to the 2016 team. They were handily eliminated in the semis.

My younger son also played. It was my first time at this joke of a tournament, where Crabs were exposed as cheaters and losers. literally.

I care about these tournaments. If I didn't, I would not drive hundreds of miles every weekend like all the other parents who care too. My older son is ranked amongst the best in the country and is committed to a top school. Looking for the same for #2, and things are looking great for him as well. In 2 years, he will be recruited, so I am critical of people holding back there kids, and not playing by the rules. My son did fine because he has been playing up for quite some time, but that doesn't negate the fact that Crabs misrepresent themselves, and wound up losers anyway!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL.

LOL.

I agree, who cares if you lose to 17 yr old kids...time to find a new tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you don't like it why do you come and play in the tournaments. somebody must think they do a pretty good job because they had over 100 teams at tournaments this weekend. spend your money elsewhere. 95% of the teams that were there have been coming to crabs tournaments for years. And really to start attacking the refs now, that's pathetic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL.

Fact...Crabs is a class, top-notch club...always the best at every level....we don't need loud-mouth LI teams here...stay away, go to the Hogan tournaments!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL.

Fact...Crabs is a class, top-notch club...always the best at every level....we don't need loud-mouth LI teams here...stay away, go to the Hogan tournaments!

Your coaches are about as "loud mouth" as it gets...I loved the tournament this weekend as a first time LI attendee, but c'mon guys, put an age-appropriate team out there...even your fellow Baltimore brethren admit that Crabs constantly puts reclassed kids ("reclass," what a great word) on the field. Heck, you have a 2019 kid listed on your website play for the 2020 team this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you don't like it don't come. Ok. This isn't me as a parent complaining on the refs, I don't care about that. I care that these Crab tournaments and NSLCA tournaments which are Crabs / Tierney Denver tournaments keep shirking the point. Why keep pushing toward grade aged teams that perpetuates putting age different kids out there on down to the youth levels? This is real simple stuff. U-11, U-13 and U-15. From the tone on this board, why not also U-17 or open division. Make it an all comers high school event after U-15. We all know there is no rule against high school freshmen turning 16 or 17 in their freshman year and we also know the examples are not limited to the Crabs or MD. LI clubs can handle the dare. It's not that hard to mow the lawn in Farmingdale and invite all comers to a tournament that is by age, and have the d.o.b.'s cross referenced to the registration and conduct better tournaments and make a bunch of money. I as a MD parent would not be adverse to coming to LI for tournaments and there is no shortage of people who have just had it with Ryan's Song. I have wondered for years why LI clubs don't move to put on national tournaments and have just been complacent to come down to Baltimore or Virginia to get to tournaments.

LI Express or others, please do it. Noone wants to go to Hogan tournaments, which are weak and just a different P.O. Box for the MD money grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand this. If you don't want to play by their rules why go? Why do you think they do it by school years? Its easiest for the college coaches to determine who is who. Why do you think the college tournaments, top 205, king of the hill etc. do it by grade. This discussion really gets old. Crabs put on a great tournament, run very well, usually at very good facilities, with very good competition, and oh by the way usually with a TON of college coaches there and I would bet you not one of the coaches knows who won the championship. Isn't that why you travel to these tournaments. and believe me the coaches notice the loud mouth parents and are willing to sacrifice not recruiting a player so they don't have to deal with you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody have the results from the blue hen tournament in Delaware. Curios to know who won.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL.

Top Notch? How come they couldn't win one division in their own tournament? Wouldn't you like that if we didn't come, maybe you should try Hogan, more your speed! Oh yea, you wouldn't qualify with your hold-backs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact...Crabs is a class, top-notch club...always the best at every level....we don't need loud-mouth LI teams here...stay away, go to the Hogan tournaments! [/quote]

This point by Crabs is a fair one. Why are there no elite Summer tournaments in Long Island? All of the complaining seems linked to there being no alternatives to what LI people complain about. How hard would it be for LI Express to put on two major tournaments each Summer, one in June and one in July? The fact is LI teams flock to MD for high level play every Summer. How hard is it to run a friggin lacrosse tournament? Rent fields and put a tournament registration page that takes debit cards. Based on the tone of this thread, PLENTY of elite programs on the Atlantic Coast will flock to LI to play some ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just make to teams with the same large group of kids. Not hard. so have a U13 and a U15 teams and then have 2018,2019,2020 teams and so on?????????? Then read the rules of the tournament and put the correct team in the tournament. Your club should be running the same plays and styles on all there teams I would think so it should not be hard to do. And it would be great for the kids to great on one of the teams and avg. on the other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Tourney, chech out LI Lax Fest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This point by Crabs is a fair one. Why are there no elite Summer tournaments in Long Island? All of the complaining seems linked to there being no alternatives to what LI people complain about. How hard would it be for LI Express to put on two major tournaments each Summer, one in June and one in July? The fact is LI teams flock to MD for high level play every Summer. How hard is it to run a friggin lacrosse tournament? Rent fields and put a tournament registration page that takes debit cards. Based on the tone of this thread, PLENTY of elite programs on the Atlantic Coast will flock to LI to play some ball. [/quote]

Team 91 runs TONS of tournaments but none can be considered elite. An elite event on LI is the best of the best but it's a showcase not a tournament.

I think it's because the top LI teams don't like playing each other and would have no choice if the tourney was here because they would all play.

Should have a tourney with: Turtles, 91 Orange, Express Terps, Outlaws black, True Blue blue, and about 5 teams from out of state.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outside of Tenacious Turtles, none of the LI teams offer Crabs real competition...all you do is complain, do us a favor and stay away...and no, we don't travel to Long Island, even if the pizza is better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep complaining, please make the checks out to Baltimore Lacrosse Club and we'll see you next year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Outside of Tenacious Turtles, none of the LI teams offer Crabs real competition...all you do is complain, do us a favor and stay away...and no, we don't travel to Long Island, even if the pizza is better."

Team Igloo 2021 might disagree. Not only did they win the Crabs tournament, I think they beat the NPYLL U11AA champion to win Summer Exposure two weeks early (which means their kids were also all U11 age eligible, unlike . . . )

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outside of Tenacious Turtles, none of the LI teams offer Crabs real competition...all you do is complain, do us a favor and stay away...and no, we don't travel to Long Island, even if the pizza is better

"Outside of Tenacious Turtles, none of the LI teams offer Crabs real competition"

Sweetlax (Many players from LI), beat Crabs in the 2016 group semis, Crabs couldn't even make it to the championship. LI teams won both divisions for the younger group (6th, 7th grade). Just stating facts, not sure what you are stating since you have no scores to support your position. Wouldn't you like it if we stayed on LI that way the cheating losers wouldn't be exposed!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are bottom feeders, staying true to their mascot!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really, crabs lost to team 91 2020 crush in Maryland

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think what you meant to write is Crabs won't go to LI. Don't speak for all of us here. Breakers, FCA, MadLax, Blackwolf and others would not hesitate to go up for some high level ball. Dukes are not too far away, Patriot is in Jersey, there are good clubs in CT like Eclipse and Laxachussetts in Mass. I do find the earlier post confounding. Why wouldn't the best LI teams want to play in a high level tournament in LI?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
please, we 2018 terps and extreme always competitive with your 2018 crabs...And, we like the crab kids and the families but for the occasional psycho parent on any of the teams (all three teams have one or two).

Crabs failed to show at Adrenaline and Dukes invitational for some reason?

Someone was talking about elite tournaments and both Adrenaline and Dukes were true elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets no forget the 9-1 [lacrosse] whipping that 2019 91 team put on the Crabs a few weeks ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the big Crab talker defending his Arthropods?? Disappeared into the wormhole he belongs in!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets no forget the 9-1 [lacrosse] whipping that 2019 91 team put on the Crabs a few weeks ago.

Yeah! More boasting about 7th grade boys, por favor!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently NPYLL has made it official that they are following HoCo in how the divisions are made up for 2015. They are going to "scheduled" Graduation year for Divisions. (No more U9A, U9AA,etc.). This essentially doubles the number of teams clubs can field.

The 2015 season Divisions will be:
2024 AA
2024 A
2023 AA
2023 A
2022 AA
2022 A
2021 AA
2021 A
2020 AA
2020 A
2019 AA
2019 A

As a parent of two young youth players at the bottom of this school grade list I am sickened by the notion that the repeat a grade game goes earlier and earlier down into elementary grades. The club owners have a story and are sticking with it. This makes it easier to field more teams. No, it does not. Do more U13 and U-11 teams or do U13, U12, U11, etc. This makes it easier for college coaches to evaluate players by grade. No, it does not. Girls soccer players and boys ice hockey players play U-15, U15, etc. NCAA coaches in those sports don't seem confused about who they are recruiting at tournaments. And is there a point somewhere that this is making it easier for NCAA coaches to evaluate 4th graders? As a parent I find this pretty disturbing. If my kid is a great player, I can at my discretion risk playing him up with older kids. Have it this way, and my kid is thrust out there with kids much older and physically developed at a safety risk and I cannot have any discretion to manage that except for pulling my kids out of youth lacrosse. This is a horrible precedent for HOCO and NPYLL to follow and the club owners pushing this grade scheme are putting youths at risk. Please write to your NPYLL or HOCO club owners and coaches if you have issue with this. Don't wait for a kid to be seriously brain damaged before caring. These are your kids too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice Young Gunz event hosted by crabs. Lots of good competition and impressed with the number of college coaches watching the 2018 games. Saw Maryland, Princeton, Penn, Loyola, Michigan and Hopkins coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice Young Gunz event hosted by crabs. Lots of good competition and impressed with the number of college coaches watching the 2018 games. Saw Maryland, Princeton, Penn, Loyola, Michigan and Hopkins coaches.

That is quite a progression from their attitude toward 2017s. Last Summer they at least faked indifference toward recruiting 8th graders. Petro would recruit at a U-11 tournament if he had the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were a lot of coaches at Young Gunz and Crabfeast as well. Bottom
line college coaches go where the talent is and
good club want to play the crabs. BLC does it right, you
think it is a coincidence so many crabs get recruited