BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,633
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 327 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Your clueless, try outs are supposed to be a blank slate, everyone even, every year, its statements like that that prove Y.J. parents think there kid is owed a spot because they played last year . It also proves you know nothing about a real try out and even less about lacrosse. You probably never even played the game. and now you'll hide behind an anonymous tag and tell me of all you lacrosse accolades , witch is paramount to heresy
Originally Posted by Anonymous
libertydad do you have a problem with reading comprehension , of course the previous years will and should have an impact.The post you refer to states the tryouts should have some bearing on team selection but not all. If you believe you learn more about a player in a 1 hour tryout then watching a kid play for 2 years you are clueless

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
talent will move up over time. The problem is that many parents think their kids are great because they play PAL or some local team and experience a real eye opener when they show up at a YJ tryout and see that there is some very talented kids out there. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
libertydad, thanks for the advice. she does play for one of the clubs mentioned and is very happy.thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because you call yourself libertydad you do not think you are anonymous.... what a fool? Yes you clearly know more about lacrosse then Carol Rose and would run much better try-outs then she does.I will try to make it simple for you ,if Tom Brady has a bad couple of days at training camp he does not get cut from the team... the reason why is simple the coaches have seen a much larger body of work and have a known quantity.This also works against some kids who may have had a good try-out but the coach has seen them play all season and for whatever reason does not wish them back on the team.The fact that you used the word witch in place of which does explain some of your comprehension problems.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"In fact i've seen her demote some and cut some, something Y.J. doesn't do Express" by Libertydad
The fact that you either have no clue or are just a liar can be seen in that one statement. Kids get so called demoted in the yj organization every year to say otherwise is just ignorant.Who are you to say how yj should run their try-outs?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Libertydad, I understand what you hope tyrouts would be but it is unrealistic.If one of the top players on your daughters liberty team had only a fair tryout and the coach talked to her and found out she was not feeling well you would be kidding yourself to think she would not make the team again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by libertydad
Not knowing what clubs you tried out for I can still understand your point. being at most try outs myself, I can guess witch ones your talking about, because most of the better clubs don't run scrimmages for just that reason. It is unfair and to me shows a young inexperienced director that already knows who they want on a roster. In other words , she never had a chance. If I can offer some advice, I have been to Y.J. , 91 , Top Guns, Suffolk County All Stars , Liberty , and F.L.G. , Wave and T.O.G.Z don't have try outs and I have never been to Oilers or Elevate. and I have never seen a director hold a more fair tryout than Liberty ,so if you think your daughters a good player and you want a fair opinion Liberty might be the club for you. And to answer the statements I know are coming , no she doesn't just take Manhasset girls , In fact i've seen her demote some and cut some, something Y.J. doesn't do Express
libertydad, for the most part I respect what you have to say on this forum but have to respectfully disagree with your last opinion on tryouts. Have a daughter that has tryout for two different clubs. first tryout did all the drills,did them well but when it came to the scrimage part of the tryout failed to touch the ball (open many times but looked off in favor of a teamate or friend)did not make the club. 2nd tryout came with a group of what i would call better players ( based on observations made in games leading up to tryout)that day she was the best player on the field as per most observers. she made the club. so my point is that the tryout is not allways a fair indication of a players true talent when the group is so evenly talented. anyway she chose to play with a smaller club that took her based on her body of work

Why would you go to every tryout? That's weird! Drills themselves don't show enough. Without scrimmages how do you know if a kid can apply the skills? Some kids can add but cannot solve a promlem involving adding.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
2 of them didn't tis year
Libertydad, I understand what you hope tyrouts would be but it is unrealistic.If one of the top players on your daughters liberty team had only a fair tryout and the coach talked to her and found out she was not feeling well you would be kidding yourself to think she would not make the team again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some atheletes can show you great skill and atheltic ability at try outs impressing everybody. But put them in a "real" game and they are invisable. Then at the same try out you will find a girl whose skills maybe borderline, yet put her in the game and she stands out. This is the "gamer". They lay it all out there, and play with heart and passion. Try outs are tricky for both the clubs and the players, but that's why a club knowing a girl is very important in deciding next years team, she is a known quantity for better or worse. Despite parents thinking their girls should have made the team because what they saw at try outs, a club familiariity with players is huge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Politics, Money and Legacy's will always remain a key factor.

If they get 75% of the team RIGHT, you are doing ok

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
She goes to every try out because it's a 2 hour practice in the off season , she goes because every time she does she meets another friend, she goes because she is playing with some of the best players on the Island, she goes because she not just a liberty girl , she's a lacrosse player and she knows there are good players on every team not just on her club.It's weird that your such an elitist to think your daughter is too good to play with anyone other than Y.J. ,what if one day Carol Rose decides to run 1 or 2 teams any your daughter gets cut. My daughter has to be better than everyone els on the field at try outs, if she's not she's cut , thats pressure, thats how a director knows a girl can handle it . it's like a job interview , you have a small window to impress, if you don't you don't get the job. what are you teaching you girls, its ok not to give your all you'll get the job anyway.
How about the girl thats just as good as another girl, or maybe a little better, is it right she should lose a spot because your daughter played there last year, even though she was better. Liberty might lose to the Y.J. every time , and thats fine with me because in the end , I know that liberty is the better club. If you want to see how good your daughter real is, let her try out for Liberty, don't say you a Jacket , don't where your blue pine to try outs let her go as Anonymous as you are on this site, and see if she is as good as you think, or are you afraid to know the truth. I know most girls would make it , but some will not. And as far as the scrimmage thing goes , running a full field scrimmage isn't a good indicator of how a girl will play in a game . the attack and D are left standing at half field waiting. 5V5 7v7 , that shows how a girl can play transition quickly fro offense to D
Not knowing what clubs you tried out for I can still understand your point. being at most try outs myself, I can guess witch ones your talking about, because most of the better clubs don't run scrimmages for just that reason. It is unfair and to me shows a young inexperienced director that already knows who they want on a roster. In other words , she never had a chance. If I can offer some advice, I have been to Y.J. , 91 , Top Guns, Suffolk County All Stars , Liberty , and F.L.G. , Wave and T.O.G.Z don't have try outs and I have never been to Oilers or Elevate. and I have never seen a director hold a more fair tryout than Liberty ,so if you think your daughters a good player and you want a fair opinion Liberty might be the club for you. And to answer the statements I know are coming , no she doesn't just take Manhasset girls , In fact i've seen her demote some and cut some, something Y.J. doesn't do Express
libertydad, for the most part I respect what you have to say on this forum but have to respectfully disagree with your last opinion on tryouts. Have a daughter that has tryout for two different clubs. first tryout did all the drills,did them well but when it came to the scrimage part of the tryout failed to touch the ball (open many times but looked off in favor of a teamate or friend)did not make the club. 2nd tryout came with a group of what i would call better players ( based on observations made in games leading up to tryout)that day she was the best player on the field as per most observers. she made the club. so my point is that the tryout is not allways a fair indication of a players true talent when the group is so evenly talented. anyway she chose to play with a smaller club that took her based on her body of work

Why would you go to every tryout? That's weird! Drills themselves don't show enough. Without scrimmages how do you know if a kid can apply the skills? Some kids can add but cannot solve a promlem involving adding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She goes to every try out because it's a 2 hour practice in the off season , she goes because every time she does she meets another friend, she goes because she is playing with some of the best players on the Island, she goes because she not just a liberty girl , she's a lacrosse player and she knows there are good players on every team not just on her club.It's weird that your such an elitist to think your daughter is too good to play with anyone other than Y.J. ,what if one day Carol Rose decides to run 1 or 2 teams any your daughter gets cut. My daughter has to be better than everyone els on the field at try outs, if she's not she's cut , thats pressure, thats how a director knows a girl can handle it . it's like a job interview , you have a small window to impress, if you don't you don't get the job. what are you teaching you girls, its ok not to give your all you'll get the job anyway.
How about the girl thats just as good as another girl, or maybe a little better, is it right she should lose a spot because your daughter played there last year, even though she was better. Liberty might lose to the Y.J. every time , and thats fine with me because in the end , I know that liberty is the better club. If you want to see how good your daughter real is, let her try out for Liberty, don't say you a Jacket , don't where your blue pine to try outs let her go as Anonymous as you are on this site, and see if she is as good as you think, or are you afraid to know the truth. I know most girls would make it , but some will not. And as far as the scrimmage thing goes , running a full field scrimmage isn't a good indicator of how a girl will play in a game . the attack and D are left standing at half field waiting. 5V5 7v7 , that shows how a girl can play transition quickly fro offense to D

Libertydad, you make many good points. However you are on a discussion board dedicated to an opposing club, expect to be opposed on every point you try to make. If I were you I would consider walking away from this discussion as it is likely to get much uglier quickly. If not, it will be fun to watch as a bystander.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you go to every tryout? That's wierd! Drills themselves don't show enough. Without scrimmages how do you know if a kid can apply the skills? Some kids can add but cannot solve a promlem involving adding.

Liberty dad. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and you seem to have some good points from time to time, but PLEASE STOP calling people out about being anonymous!! Calling yourself "Liberty Dad" is NO less anonymous! If you feel that strongly about not making anonymous posts then sign with your real name. If not, please let that point go ,because you are losing your credibility!(as anonymous as it might be)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can a non YJ registered player sign up for YJ clinics?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can a non YJ registered player sign up for YJ clinics?

So long as your cash is green

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
at least you know its me every time , who is this , have we talked before? but if you really want to know who i am you can click on my id and ask i'll tell you if you really want know , but I cant ask you can I ? and I cant because you hide behind Anonymous

Why would you go to every tryout? That's wierd! Drills themselves don't show enough. Without scrimmages how do you know if a kid can apply the skills? Some kids can add but cannot solve a promlem involving adding.

Liberty dad. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and you seem to have some good points from time to time, but PLEASE STOP calling people out about being anonymous!! Calling yourself "Liberty Dad" is NO less anonymous! If you feel that strongly about not making anonymous posts then sign with your real name. If not, please let that point go ,because you are losing your credibility!(as anonymous as it might be)

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I never said Carol should run the jackets any way , if you keep track I agree with her a lot.I also have a great deal of respect for her, but I disagree with some basic philosophy can you say the same about Danielle?
"In fact i've seen her demote some and cut some, something Y.J. doesn't do Express" by Libertydad
The fact that you either have no clue or are just a liar can be seen in that one statement. Kids get so called demoted in the yj organization every year to say otherwise is just ignorant.Who are you to say how yj should run their try-outs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Libertydad, I still see absolutely no reason for your daughter to try out for the other club teams that are out there. If you are happy with the club, there is no need to tryout for others, even if it is just for a 2 hour practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Libertydad, I still see absolutely no reason for your daughter to try out for the other club teams that are out there. If you are happy with the club, there is no need to tryout for others, even if it is just for a 2 hour practice.

Liberty Dadif your daughter needs practice all winter why not attend a clinic..or hire a private coach or your daughter can call one of the many friends she has made attending all of the tryouts which you seem to stand around and watch!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I respectfully disagree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never said Carol should run the jackets any way , if you keep track I agree with her a lot.I also have a great deal of respect for her, but I disagree with some basic philosophy can you say the same about Danielle?

Yes I can because Carol helped Danielle get started because Danielle said she was not going to have a program on Long Island. Then she turns around and starts a program on Long Island so.... she is dishonest and has questionable ethics so yeah thats a problem. Know the history of the two programs okay?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know isnt that strange? Its almost like stalking clubs?
By the way what year is your daughter?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's the big deal if his daughter goes to other try-outs? Some kids just love the sport and want to soak up everything. She will have a much better sense of all the other clubs, players, directors, coaches etc.... The only negative I see in it would be that it would get expensive and if your current club catches wind of it, it appears that you are a unhappy member and are looking elsewhere. Politics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"My daughter has to be better than everyone els on the field at try outs, if she's not she's cut , thats pressure, thats how a director knows a girl can handle it ."
I would be willing to bet that other parents and some of the coaches do not believe your daughter was the single best player on the field so stop being so dramatic.If your child tries the best they can that is enough.Which of Carols basic philosophies do you disagree with ? I am amazed that you know her so well as to know her philosophy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Libertydad's daughter also seems to know about Team 91 (he said in another post that his daughter use to play for them)

"My daughter has to be better than everyone els on the field at try outs, if she's not she's cut , thats pressure, thats how a director knows a girl can handle it ."
I would be willing to bet that other parents and some of the coaches do not believe your daughter was the single best player on the field so stop being so dramatic.If your child tries the best they can that is enough.Which of Carols basic philosophies do you disagree with ? I am amazed that you know her so well as to know her philosophy.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
she doesn't need to practice all year, she just loves to play. she plays in the black diamond league as well, and I watch her play there too, I watch at tournaments also. so why would I not watch her at try outs, what do you do drop your daughter off at try outs and go home, are you that uninterested in her, I like many the parents watched her at the Y.J try out, where I saw existing players wearing blue, gold and green pines get coached by the Y.J. staff while red pine wearing newbies were left alone , but I'm sure you think thats O.K. Oh by the way the one try out I didn't watch my daughter, Liberty, it's a closed try out , No parents allowed ,and no they don't coach either , the girls are told what to do and they perform or they don't . that is how a try out is supposed to go. One last thing if this is the same Anonymous person who told me to post my real name (i don't know because most Y.J. parents hide under Anonymous), I have spoken to CageSage and he said if you really want to know contact him and we'll make it happen

Liberty Dadif your daughter needs practice all winter why not attend a clinic..or hire a private coach or your daughter can call one of the many friends she has made attending all of the tryouts which you seem to stand around and watch!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
One last thing if this is the same Anonymous person who told me to post my real name (i don't know because most Y.J. parents hide under Anonymous), I have spoken to CageSage and he said if you really want to know contact him and we'll make it happen.
Just to be sure we are clear, this is correct. The anonymous poster can register and form a direct private message with LibertyDad, can e-mail us here at BOTC at cagesage@backofthecage.com, or can phone call our office and leave the contact details. One of the best parts of being a registered user is allowing the coversation to be more easily traced between posters that are in a dialogue here on the board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ tryouts were closed. How did you see anything?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
she doesn't need to practice all year, she just loves to play. she plays in the black diamond league as well, and I watch her play there too, I watch at tournaments also. so why would I not watch her at try outs, what do you do drop your daughter off at try outs and go home, are you that uninterested in her, I like many the parents watched her at the Y.J try out, where I saw existing players wearing blue, gold and green pines get coached by the Y.J. staff while red pine wearing newbies were left alone , but I'm sure you think thats O.K. Oh by the way the one try out I didn't watch my daughter, Liberty, it's a closed try out , No parents allowed ,and no they don't coach either , the girls are told what to do and they perform or they don't . that is how a try out is supposed to go. One last thing if this is the same Anonymous person who told me to post my real name (i don't know because most Y.J. parents hide under Anonymous), I have spoken to CageSage and he said if you really want to know contact him and we'll make it happen

You are missing the point. I don't think anyone cares who you are! You seem to be bothered by the 99% of the other posters who are anonymous. I see your point about knowing what a poster has written in the past, but you can not sign in and write something as "anonymous" you may not want associated with "Liberty Dad". In the end you are still annonymous! If you don't like what someone said who is anonymous, then don't react to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter went to three tryouts this fall. She has never played or tried out for a travel team before and she is the oldest so it was kind of new for us. She attended a Top Gun tryout in August or September (Can't remeber exact time as it was much earlier than the others). She went to Ripcurl in Late Sept. and Yellow Jackets a couple of weeks ago. Top Gun was a new experience. As a new girl with some talent she did ok. It seemed to me that their teams were mostly set with a number of girls fighting for a some spots. They did some drills and made them run. They quickly separated them into scrimmage teams by talent. One group was closely watched by a bunch of evaluators while the other was not. I could hear alot of parents grumbling that it wasn't fair, but I tend to disagree. These programs have seen a large body of work from some players and obviously had them down as definites on their black team. They were looked for a couple of talented kids to replace some kids that either weren't developing or were leaving. Sounds like pretty much every evaluation for any sport that I have heard of. The only difference is they didn't sport different colored pinnies. My daughter did not make the black team. She made the purple. I felt that to make the team she had to be much better than a girl she was replacing. Why would a coach pick a new girl with similar talent over a girl she knows. The Yellow Jacket tryout was closed to parents. (So Libertydad I'm not so sure what YJ tryout you went to. Were you looking through the skylight?) My daughter told me they did alot of drills, alot of running, and small 2x2 drills. No scrimmage. She did well and made the 'B' team with three of her friends. She didn't have a blue or gold pinnie, but she did well enough to make one of those teams. Those teams also kept most of the girls from the year before, but they did demote some. My point is...that's the way the programs I have seen are run. If they have good teams, they plan on keeping most of their girls and are looking for a couple of others. I'm sure Liberty is the same. And if a parent is realistic, they know that their girl has to be better to make the team. That's the way the world works. It's a business.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes I can because Carol helped Danielle get started because Danielle said she was not going to have a program on Long Island. Then she turns around and starts a program on Long Island so.... she is dishonest and has questionable ethics so yeah thats a problem. Know the history of the two programs okay?

Easy with the "dishonest and questionable ethics" comments about anyone, Danielle or Carol. If you actually know Danielle than you know that those words couldn't be farther from the truth.

Both women run successful businesses in the effort to grow and popularize the game of girls lacrosse. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that concept and both should be applauded for their efforts instead of being bashed on a blog. Both put in an exorbitant time into their players and their programs. They both have paved the way for many other programs to start up and be successful as well.

These women know each other for a very long time (they played high school sports together) and any perceived ill will between them is mostly folk lore these days.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Really my bad , she didn't want to try out for them this year , I spoke out of turn. I was going on previous years try outs I didn't know she had changed formats , my apologies

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty dad is the new coach of (red) hubby. 2017. Admit it !!

uote=Anonymous]Libertydad's daughter also seems to know about Team 91 (he said in an
other post that his daughter use to play for them)

[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Almost every program has moles and has stolen the best ideas from others to start up their own programs and why wouldnt they?

They all love the game and see that there is HUGE CASH to be made with LI parents. Doesnt matter what the LI sport is, LI parents pay like no others!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really my bad , she didn't want to try out for them this year , I spoke out of turn. I was going on previous years try outs I didn't know she had changed formats , my apologies

They were closed last year too!! Stop posting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy with the "dishonest and questionable ethics" comments about anyone, Danielle or Carol. If you actually know Danielle than you know that those words couldn't be farther from the truth.

Both women run successful businesses in the effort to grow and popularize the game of girls lacrosse. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that concept and both should be applauded for their efforts instead of being bashed on a blog. Both put in an exorbitant time into their players and their programs. They both have paved the way for many other programs to start up and be successful as well.

These women know each other for a very long time (they played high school sports together) and any perceived ill will between them is mostly folk lore these days.

There are plenty of payers, I mean players on LI. More than enough to go around. Why does one women feel entitled to be the only one allowed to tap this market, she has problems with all the other clubs, get your hands out of my pocket!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are plenty of payers, I mean players on LI. More than enough to go around. Why does one women feel entitled to be the only one allowed to tap this market, she has problems with all the other clubs, get your hands out of my pocket!
You are missing the point which doesn't surprise me. A promise was made and then it wasn't kept. It has nothing to do with any other fact but that one!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are missing the point which doesn't surprise me. A promise was made and then it wasn't kept. It has nothing to do with any other fact but that one!
There are very few people who would know the details of this story as expressed here. Isn't it the case that the Liberty establishing themselves on Long Island as opposed to outside New [lacrosse] is in fact the genesis of the "conflict" that the original poster referenced?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Can't we just respect and thank both woman for taking the time out to help all of our daughters. Two smart woman, one great game, two different philosophies. Thanks to both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't we just respect and thank both woman for taking the time out to help all of our daughters. Two smart woman, one great game, two different philosophies. Thanks to both.

Sure but one program with increasing enrollment versus one program with decreasing enrollment .

Like Reply Quote
Page 27 of 327 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard