BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son plays on Prime Time 2022 located up in the Cross River NY area. We played in the Big time shootout tournament this past weekend and got beat very badly by Team Long Island twice. Once in pool play and again in the championship. From what I heard they killed everyone they played. Does anyone know anything about this team? I never saw them at any of the other tournaments my son played in. They were very good.

If they are that good send down to maryland. We will give them everything they can handle.

why don't you venture up to Long Island once in a while and stop throwing stones from down south...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays on Prime Time 2022 located up in the Cross River NY area. We played in the Big time shootout tournament this past weekend and got beat very badly by Team Long Island twice. Once in pool play and again in the championship. From what I heard they killed everyone they played. Does anyone know anything about this team? I never saw them at any of the other tournaments my son played in. They were very good.

If they are that good send down to maryland. We will give them everything they can handle.

why don't you venture up to Long Island once in a while and stop throwing stones from down south...

They are U10 team and they are very good. The club goes by age, which everyone should, and they have a big following every year. Primarily from the Suffolk North Shore of LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are U10 team and they are very good. The club goes by age, which everyone should, and they have a big following every year. Primarily from the Suffolk North Shore of LI.

They are an excellent team. My son plays for express and we played them about a month ago. In our defense we were missing a few kids but they crushed us. I just wish they played in some of the better Long Island tournaments. They would of made a very strong bracket even better at Laxfest this past weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are an excellent team. My son plays for express and we played them about a month ago. In our defense we were missing a few kids but they crushed us. I just wish they played in some of the better Long Island tournaments. They would of made a very strong bracket even better at Laxfest this past weekend.

OK so we know Primetime 2022 and TLI U10 were there, who else was at the Big Time Shootout? With Smash, United, Igloo and 32 playing at Laxfest, Who was left to play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who made the Final Four of 4th grade B?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland? We go there for crabs and ........nothing! Certainly not lacrosse competition. Laxfest had all the talent from all over country last week !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 2022's are playing in the Tri Star Clash this weekend?
From what I can tell its United and Minutemen, anyone else?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope you enjoyed the crabs. You went home with no hardware

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 2022's are playing in the Tri Star Clash this weekend?
From what I can tell its United and Minutemen, anyone else?

Smash.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland? We go there for crabs and ........nothing! Certainly not lacrosse competition. Laxfest had all the talent from all over country last week !

Slow down there parent of a kid who doesn't play for a top LI team. My son does and we have been to Maryland and the competion is very strong. In this particular age bracket I would say stronger than LI on a whole. Ask an igloo or 91 parent how the competition is in Maryland.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh really ? Most brackets were filled with LI teams. At least the A divisions. Except for Laxachussets and maybe a few weak out of towners.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Slow down there parent of a kid who doesn't play for a top LI team. My son does and we have been to Maryland and the competion is very strong. In this particular age bracket I would say stronger than LI on a whole. Ask an igloo or 91 parent how the competition is in Maryland.

They will say older! Good teams from all over country. No way stronger. Way more A teams on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will say older! Good teams from all over country. No way stronger. Way more A teams on LI.

I know they are 10 but as long as we are all nuts about lax can we ignore that a select town team, manhasset 32 has beaten one of the best elite travel all-in $3,000 a year teams in igloo every time they have met. A town team beats every top travel team other than smash. Maybe there is something to keeping a group of kids together for years vs. taking new kids every year or maybe town coaching is better than travel, stirring the pot? Maybe, but certainly opening a discussion as to whether one should pay $3,000 just to get fancy gear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are a lot of factors into why certain TOWN teams experience more success than others. Good Coaching is one important factor. Both knowledge and also how the coaches are able to relate to the kids is critical ... but there is also another factor that doesn't get discussed. Everyone thinks that their kid is the next Lax Super Star.. and one way to help is to MOVE into a school district that greatly supports the sport. I know that some people MOVE into a school district JUST for that reason alone. It happens. Not saying it happens in Manhasset specifically - but it happens on L.I.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That town has elite coaching no different then a Travel Team. Most towns are coached by someones DAD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also helps to have 5 or 6 11 year old's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also helps to have 5 or 6 11 year old's

They are grade based teams, correct? If so, throw the age argument out the window....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There isn't ONE 11 year old on the Manhasset 32 2022 boys team. Don't be so bitter.

Shameless, anonymous stone thrower....go back in your hole.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think its great that a team like the 2022 Manhasset squad are as good as they are. When I think of lacrosse on Long Island they are one of the first towns that come to mind along with G.C.,Farmingdale, West Islip etc. Towns with this type of lacrosse tradition have the numbers when it comes to the sport of lacrosse. Towns that get 35-40 kids to come out for lacrosse generally will have a tough time hanging with a team that has 75-80 kids that come out for the lacrosse team. Throw a good coach into the mix and you have a pretty good recipe for a successfull team. Hats off to the guys out there that are trying to build this in their home towns , but right now if you believe that kids get better by playing with and against better kids...travel is the way to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think its great that a team like the 2022 Manhasset squad are as good as they are. When I think of lacrosse on Long Island they are one of the first towns that come to mind along with G.C.,Farmingdale, West Islip etc. Towns with this type of lacrosse tradition have the numbers when it comes to the sport of lacrosse. Towns that get 35-40 kids to come out for lacrosse generally will have a tough time hanging with a team that has 75-80 kids that come out for the lacrosse team. Throw a good coach into the mix and you have a pretty good recipe for a successfull team. Hats off to the guys out there that are trying to build this in their home towns , but right now if you believe that kids get better by playing with and against better kids...travel is the way to go.

This is the growing trend. Towns with good lacrosse traditions, players and coaching realize they don't have to spend all that money and travel all over for practices when they can do it themselves just as well or almost just as well through town teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the growing trend. Towns with good lacrosse traditions, players and coaching realize they don't have to spend all that money and travel all over for practices when they can do it themselves just as well or almost just as well through town teams.

UH Dont some of the Manhasset kids play for Igloo???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well stated...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Helps to have athletic big kids as well. I recall seeing 4-5 kids that were a full head taller than kids on our team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]I think its great that a team like the 2022 Manhasset squad are as good as they are. When I think of lacrosse on Long Island they are one of the first towns that come to mind along with G.C.,Farmingdale, West Islip etc. Towns with this type of lacrosse tradition have the numbers when it comes to the sport of lacrosse. Towns that get 35-40 kids to come out for lacrosse generally will have a tough time hanging with a team that has 75-80 kids that come out for the lacrosse team. Throw a good coach into the mix and you have a pretty good recipe for a successfull team. Hats off to the guys out there that are trying to build this in their home towns , but right now if you believe that kids get better by playing with and against better kids...travel is the way to go

Cheers!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok - so i was hoping " I wouldn't have to go there" but since manhasset mom or dad won't disappear it leaves me no choice. All you have to brag about in life is lacrosse. you are like a bunch of bizarro robots that play lacrosse. The sense of entitlement is disgusting. I have witnessed probably the most disturbing unsportsmanlike conduct from your high school varsity girls team and from what i am told, your 2022 32 team for the most part are a bunch of bullies and mean boys who antagonize other kids. Get off your high horse and encourage your kids to branch out in the world from your bubble. and then maybe you can get a life yourself too - quit bragging about a few lucky games - don't even try to guess which team i am a parent of - you would be extremely surprised.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on let me guess! Lol...my post was based on lacrosse only. I am not from Manhasset or any of the other towns I used as examples. I have no idea what these kids are like off the lacrosse field.I thought this was about lacrosse? ...oh but now you are driving me crazy. ..come on let me guess..pretty pretty please lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a good lacrosse player, never played travel. All parents please help me here, why would I shell out $3,000+ (including travel) to join LI Express, Igloo or 91s B team? From what I read here manhasset has a town team better than all of those teams and team LI may be better also. So these teams are some combination of ranked 4-6 on LI. Seems smash is number 1, with nobody even close. Seems like a huge waste of money just so parents can say their kids are with a "top" organization. For half the price my son can get equal training, less pressure and more play time which equals more fun. Am I missing something?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a good lacrosse player, never played travel. All parents please help me here, why would I shell out $3,000+ (including travel) to join LI Express, Igloo or 91s B team? From what I read here manhasset has a town team better than all of those teams and team LI may be better also. So these teams are some combination of ranked 4-6 on LI. Seems smash is number 1, with nobody even close. Seems like a huge waste of money just so parents can say their kids are with a "top" organization. For half the price my son can get equal training, less pressure and more play time which equals more fun. Am I missing something?

What makes you think you would get equal training, less pressure and more play time on a town team? my personal experience, my kid got better playing on a B team without Daddy town coaches playing town politics. And his town team almost cost me the same amount as having him play for a travel team after all the "extras" were added. So, you need to find the best fit for your kid and family, that might be town or travel and it might not be on an A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simple question...do you live in manhasset? If not then you cannot play for that town!!!!!! How many times have those teams played eachother (32 against igloo, united and express) that you claim they are better? United tied them and the 1 time express ever played them was right after a 1 goal loss to united and express clearly played Everybody on the roster in that game. You CANT pick your town team but you can pick a travel team. Obviously this is a manhasset parent bragging about their town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree 100 percent. Most teams charge thousands of dollars and only give 8-14 practices and 5 tournaments. Many kids sit on the bench. My question is how does a kid get better with limited practice in the spring and summer and nothing or very little in the fall and winter? I know igloo has practice all year which is great but they have parent coaches. Paying thousands of dollars and not practicing all yea or with parent coaches works great for the club's profit but not too good for the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simple question...do you live in manhasset? If not then you cannot play for that town!!!!!! How many times have those teams played eachother (32 against igloo, united and express) that you claim they are better? United tied them and the 1 time express ever played them was right after a 1 goal loss to united and express clearly played Everybody on the roster in that game. You CANT pick your town team but you can pick a travel team. Obviously this is a manhasset parent bragging about their town.

32 beat igloo, united and express every time they have played them. Including fall ball, they beat igloo 3 times, united 2 times and express 1 time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
get your fax straight, United has never lost to 32. They played twice, United won the first and they tide the last.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand all the nonsense on here our kids are all 9 or 10 yars old playing a very high level of lacrosse. Whats the need for any of the BS? Everybody needs to sit back and enjoy their son playing at a very high level. It does not matter if one team is ranked 1 or 5, what matters is if your son is playing, getting quality instruction and getting better. Everyone needs to remember that it is not a sprint, it is a marathon. I am enjoying watching my son compete at this high level and am amazed at how good these boys are for 10 years old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You may be able to win lacrosse games, but you don't stand a chance in a spelling bee....!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand all the nonsense on here our kids are all 9 or 10 yars old playing a very high level of lacrosse. Whats the need for any of the BS? Everybody needs to sit back and enjoy their son playing at a very high level. It does not matter if one team is ranked 1 or 5, what matters is if your son is playing, getting quality instruction and getting better. Everyone needs to remember that it is not a sprint, it is a marathon. I am enjoying watching my son compete at this high level and am amazed at how good these boys are for 10 years old.

I couldn't agree more. Well stated.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Dbacks 2022 wins philly showdown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by MDlaxer

Smash wins Lax Clash 2021 B, beating Laxachusetts Green in the final.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by MDlaxer

Apparently Philly has a way to go in lacrosse. Closest game was a 14-5 win over Mesa Fresh Fever 2022.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok - so i was hoping " I wouldn't have to go there" but since manhasset mom or dad won't disappear it leaves me no choice. All you have to brag about in life is lacrosse. you are like a bunch of bizarro robots that play lacrosse. The sense of entitlement is disgusting. I have witnessed probably the most disturbing unsportsmanlike conduct from your high school varsity girls team and from what i am told, your 2022 32 team for the most part are a bunch of bullies and mean boys who antagonize other kids. Get off your high horse and encourage your kids to branch out in the world from your bubble. and then maybe you can get a life yourself too - quit bragging about a few lucky games - don't even try to guess which team i am a parent of - you would be extremely surprised.....

Actually, we have a lot more to be happy/proud about being from Manhasset, being good at lacrosse is just an added benefit of living in this awesome town...great schools, great people

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

32 beat igloo, united and express every time they have played them. Including fall ball, they beat igloo 3 times, united 2 times and express 1 time

Manhasset 32 is #2 team on Long Island - all the best were at LaxFest and they came in second. United is right there but until they all play again they'll have to wait to make any claims.

Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard