BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 128 1 2 3 4 5 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Respect all, Fear none" ????
[quote=Anonymous]2018 Young Gunz bracket looks interesting. 5 teams in Pool A. 5 teams in Pool B. 5 teams in Pool C. Only 4 teams in Pool D?? It's a shame there aren't any other good 2018 teams in the Baltimore area that could round out Pool D. I'm sure the kids could think of one.

You FCA parents are machines. Stop crying about not being invited to top tournaments on this forum. Talk to people face to face if you want different results.
[/quot

McClernan's motto is more like "Eat all, leave none"

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You FCA parents are machines. Stop crying about not being invited to top tournaments on this forum. Talk to people face to face if you want different results. [/quote] [/quot

McClernan's motto is more like "Eat all, leave none" [/quote]

Cheeseburgers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs only enter tournaments with weak fields

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm no fan of Crabs, but I disagree. There are few more competitive tournaments than Crabfeast, Young Guns which is McClernan's main Summer event. He also runs the NSLCA with a few of his friendlies, and those tournaments are also first rate.

I do agree that Crabs attend tournaments that are going weaker relative to what they were, but I would account to that being competition from other tournaments and parity meaning more good teams in more places going to multiple tournaments every weekend it seems now. I also think another factor is McClernan is not liked by many others in the sport who had sand kicked in their faces for years. If there are two competing first rate tournaments, more better clubs are going to steer away from the Crabs one. It is already happening in the high school ages. The same weekend as the NSLCA Cup there was an Adrenaline tournament and nobody can argue where the best teams went. They went to the Adrenaline one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 bracket should be fun

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ryan McLernan for Boys' Latin head coach. Cheeseburger Nation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never happen, unqualified an BL has identified
his ulterior motives. Hopefully the new coach separates
himself from that club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any results?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened at Young Gunz this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs 2020AA got upened by the Rising Sons. How do we lose to a first year program from PA?? We even brought that monster down from the 2019's?
What happened at Young Gunz this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will tell you why, because even though Rising Sons is a first year program, they have a nice little team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs teams losing every where not the power house they once where.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm no fan of Crabs, but I disagree. There are few more competitive tournaments than Crabfeast, Young Guns which is McClernan's main Summer event. He also runs the NSLCA with a few of his friendlies, and those tournaments are also first rate.

I do agree that Crabs attend tournaments that are going weaker relative to what they were, but I would account to that being competition from other tournaments and parity meaning more good teams in more places going to multiple tournaments every weekend it seems now. I also think another factor is McClernan is not liked by many others in the sport who had sand kicked in their faces for years. If there are two competing first rate tournaments, more better clubs are going to steer away from the Crabs one. It is already happening in the high school ages. The same weekend as the NSLCA Cup there was an Adrenaline tournament and nobody can argue where the best teams went. They went to the Adrenaline one.

There is a reason this club doesn't enter a lot of out of state tournaments - they don't follow US Lacrosse rules regarding age eligibility. They had a 13 year old play for their 2020 team this weekend! Embarrassing that the organization would allow that at their own tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never happen, unqualified an BL has identified
his ulterior motives. Hopefully the new coach separates
himself from that club

I am not a Crab parent, but too curious. The very close relationship b/t Crabs and BL has served both very well. Crabs is basically a youth/junior high feeder program to MIAA schools and there is no mystery around McLernan's loyalties since he is a BL alum and once coached there.

McClernan is no saint, and is absolutely despised in some circles but I did not count BL as one of them. What ulterior motives? Beyond the obvious ones I can think of including use of BL fields for Crabs practices and tournaments at what I know is a friendly rate or a five finger discount, which ones would cast him in a bad light? In the end most of those loaded up BL teams historically have come from kids brought up through the Crabs system. Like all else in lacrosse that is going to change with growth and parity with FCA and Breakers coming up, but Crabs to BL to JHU is still the stranglehold. Can you enlighten us some more with your comment?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 crabs couldnt win with older kids at Young Guns. Pathetic!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 crabs coach did not even know the kids name. You should be ashamed!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a reason this club doesn't enter a lot of out of state tournaments - they don't follow US Lacrosse rules regarding age eligibility. They had a 13 year old play for their 2020 team this weekend! Embarrassing that the organization would allow that at their own tournament.

I don't disagree with the MD reclassified point. The Crabs owner makes his living now putting on tournaments on the for profit side, and makes those tournaments more attractive by putting his elite Crabs teams in them. There is also a reason why the other elite teams in MD or DC areas don't go to out of state tournaments. The best ones are here. Who wants to sign up to go to Colorado and play in lesser tournaments at a great expense. With parity in the sport, good programs will get the memo that it is very lucrative to run tournaments. Adrenaline sure got that memo and read it. Their WCS teams no longer go to Crabs tournaments and don't seem to need to anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next time they will have to grab kids from 2018.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've been a lacrosse parent for many years, and my youngest is now entering high school. He plays on a U-15AA team which will go on to be called a 2018 team in the Fall. When did this "2020" or "2021" for kids in 5th or 6th grade stuff start as a substitute for age specific groups? It is really a disgrace to the game to let youth ages go by school years with no parameters for kids being older to have an advantage. It is downright unsafe and unsound in every regard to put 10 to 12 year old boys out there with kids that might be two years older given this repeat a grade nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've been a lacrosse parent for many years, and my youngest is now entering high school. He plays on a U-15AA team which will go on to be called a 2018 team in the Fall. When did this "2020" or "2021" for kids in 5th or 6th grade stuff start as a substitute for age specific groups? It is really a disgrace to the game to let youth ages go by school years with no parameters for kids being older to have an advantage. It is downright unsafe and unsound in every regard to put 10 to 12 year old boys out there with kids that might be two years older given this repeat a grade nonsense.

my son's grade based (with 1 holdback) team played in age-based tournament in B division. we played some primarily 7th grade teams that played down into B instead of AA or A and the size advantage was huge. So the age based events and leagues with have as much or more age gaps than grade. Not saying parents don't hold back for sports or certain clubs and high schools don't take advantage. But most kids are held back when they're 5 and have birthdays within a few months of the age cutoff. So grade based events will have the majority of kids fall within 15 month window.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

my son's grade based (with 1 holdback) team played in age-based tournament in B division. we played some primarily 7th grade teams that played down into B instead of AA or A and the size advantage was huge. So the age based events and leagues with have as much or more age gaps than grade. Not saying parents don't hold back for sports or certain clubs and high schools don't take advantage. But most kids are held back when they're 5 and have birthdays within a few months of the age cutoff. So grade based events will have the majority of kids fall within 15 month window.

I am 45 and am well aware since I was a kid that some parents have a kid do a pre-K year when they are five. The statistics for that are not mind boggling like they are in youth lacrosse. You are plainly incorrect that most of these kids fall in a 15 month window, or you have never been to Maryland and are not informed. U-9, U-11, U-13 & U-15. If you want to break that up make it 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 & 15. The point is this parental self esteem building strategy to have kids restrained for an advantage isn't just an advantage to have a debate on. It is also a serious safety risk.

Back in the day, the exceptional kids and bragging parents played their kids up at the same safety risks noted here...I have at least some respect for that decision. Sending a 12 year old in with 10 year olds is crass, classless and unsporting for any parent to do or any organization to tolerate or encourage. Shame on Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am 45 and am well aware since I was a kid that some parents have a kid do a pre-K year when they are five. The statistics for that are not mind boggling like they are in youth lacrosse. You are plainly incorrect that most of these kids fall in a 15 month window, or you have never been to Maryland and are not informed. U-9, U-11, U-13 & U-15. If you want to break that up make it 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 & 15. The point is this parental self esteem building strategy to have kids restrained for an advantage isn't just an advantage to have a debate on. It is also a serious safety risk.

Back in the day, the exceptional kids and bragging parents played their kids up at the same safety risks noted here...I have at least some respect for that decision. Sending a 12 year old in with 10 year olds is crass, classless and unsporting for any parent to do or any organization to tolerate or encourage. Shame on Crabs.

I have to totally agree with you, just because you "reclassify" a kid in Junior High does not mean they are going to get some major D1 scholarship. I truly believe the kids that are being held back by their parents make look great now because they are older, faster and stronger, but if they are not good enough to be a stand out at their own age, moving them down will only be a very TEMPORARY fix. They will never be good enough. As for people saying the rosters of all these top D1 schools contain kids that have been held back, I think that is blown WAY out of proportion. And, if you are holding your kid back for athletic reasons, you really need to have your head examined! US lacrosse needs to step in here and stop this practice, someone is going to get hurt big time. Unfortunately, I predict it is going to take that happening before the do something. In HS you know you are competing against kids that are older (9th graders vs 12th graders) but this should NOT be happening in 5th grade...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are what is wrong with lacrosse and youth sports. Hold a kid back for the chance to play a non-revenue sport in college. Those 2020 coaches are pompous, arrogant blowhards!!!

Any coach who respects the game would not have those older kids play on a 6th grade team. 3-2 great job!! You must be so proud of yourselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me hold my son back so that he can be a stud on the U15AA team next year - cannot wait! Let's pay for another year of private school - great idea because he might get a 25% scholarship, but unlikely. My son will really learn alot about life - since we can do it and can afford it. We will really be able to stick our chests out next year - cannot wait!

Heard the Crabs already have six kids repeating to play U15 again. King Crab must be proud, parents excited about their time to shine next year - junior will be the stud of this team next year!

This game of privilge with no future riches is all about egos!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Maryland parents invented the hold back game. U S lacrosse should institute what USA hockey follows. It is based on the year that you were born. If you had a January birthday good for you if you had a December birthday tough S..t If mom wants to keep you home for an extra year fine, but you still have to play with the boys your age. End of story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a multi year Crabs parent I can say that our experience has been very good. Great coaching, competition and parents. Every program has parents that complain and go out of their way to make a program look bad. I know several FCA families that are looking to switch for a variety of reasons and have been vocal about it. Nothing at all against FCA but my point is that any Club will have unhappy parents. At the end of the day our obligation is to our sons to make sure they are in a good learning environment and if they are interested in playing in college get an opportunity to get the exposure. We have been very happy with our decision to play for crabs. Every year we have asked our son if he wants to play for them and it is always a resounding yes. If you asked him why it would be because of the coaching and competition. And no my son is not a reclassifier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not yet he isn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grow up and stop thinking the world is against you. I'm actually opposed to reclassifiers but to each his own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a multi year Crabs parent I can say that our experience has been very good. Great coaching, competition and parents. Every program has parents that complain and go out of their way to make a program look bad. I know several FCA families that are looking to switch for a variety of reasons and have been vocal about it. Nothing at all against FCA but my point is that any Club will have unhappy parents. At the end of the day our obligation is to our sons to make sure they are in a good learning environment and if they are interested in playing in college get an opportunity to get the exposure. We have been very happy with our decision to play for crabs. Every year we have asked our son if he wants to play for them and it is always a resounding yes. If you asked him why it would be because of the coaching and competition. And no my son is not a reclassifier.

Don't bring FCA into this conversation. This reclass stuff is likely Long Island parents having a problem with it.....see every third post on their main page as proof. Everything on this page is not FCA vs Crabs. All that FCA people want is to play the best teams out there. Nothing more. And most likely the Crabs PLAYERS want to do the same....ask the boys. They'll tell you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think about it...you lost on purpose for seeding!! Coach is smart enough to put kids who can shave on the team but wants to play in the 91 Crush bracket who are beating teams by double digits, for chance NOT to be in finals? He tried to be slick and it backfired because they never made it there. Oh by the way even heard the "older" kid made some 2018 national team. Way to go parents! Must be a great confidence builder to bring him down to beat up on kids. Bravo!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think about it...you lost on purpose for seeding!! Coach is smart enough to put kids who can shave on the team but wants to play in the 91 Crush bracket who are beating teams by double digits, for chance NOT to be in finals? He tried to be slick and it backfired because they never made it there. Oh by the way even heard the "older" kid made some 2018 national team. Way to go parents! Must be a great confidence builder to bring him down to beat up on kids. Bravo!

Smart one, (and that is said dropping with sarcasm) why in the heck would the crabs have thrown a game for seeding purposes? If the would have gone 3-0 they would have gotten the 2nd seed, received a bye and been opposite 91! I watched the sons/crabs game and there is NO WAY the Crabs threw that game, the sons just played better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't bring FCA into this conversation. This reclass stuff is likely Long Island parents having a problem with it.....see every third post on their main page as proof. Everything on this page is not FCA vs Crabs. All that FCA people want is to play the best teams out there. Nothing more. And most likely the Crabs PLAYERS want to do the same....ask the boys. They'll tell you.

It's definitely LI parents having a problem with it - follow US Lacrosse guidelines and put a team on the field of age appropriate kids. Baltimore hockey teams can't do this B.S. and Crabs (and you/FCA if you do it) know exactly the impact that older kids can have on a game. Crabs put a kid that weighs 150+ lbs on the field against true 11-12 year olds. Once they get to H.S. it doesn't matter as much but for youth lacrosse that's just bush league antics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]As a multi year Crabs parent I can say that our experience has been very good. Great coaching, competition and parents. Every program has parents that complain and go out of their way to make a program look bad. I know several FCA families that are looking to switch for a variety of reasons and have been vocal about it. Nothing at all against FCA but my point is that any Club will have unhappy parents. At the end of the day our obligation is to our sons to make sure they are in a good learning environment and if they are interested in playing in college get an opportunity to get the exposure. We have been very happy with our decision to play for crabs. Every year we have asked our son if he wants to play for them and it is always a resounding yes. If you asked him why it would be because of the coaching and competition. And no my son is not a reclassifier.

Not a Crabs or FCA parent here...I certainly respect the level of quality of Crabs players, but if your son is in the minority of ones who have not / will not be repeating grades, don't you at some level get repulsed by it? To each his own stuff is fine, there is no rule against it and certainly the NCAA coaches eventually recruiting the kids know the birth dates and the fact that the kids are older or not. But just at a basic level, does it bother you as a long time Crabs parent? I commend your measured post and hope this does not stoke any defensiveness. Repeating grades is happening everywhere but by that same reasoning we can all drive 100mph on rural roads and call that the flow of traffic and say it's a safe thing to agree on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It happens all over and more than you think. Just look at Friends and see how many transfer in for 1 year to repeat a grade. That is the new hiding spot for GC parents.

It has been going on in all sports for a very long time. Red shirt freshmen in football and just look at the NBA draft. Look at the top ten taken. Not sure if their were any kids who graduated but they were all 23, 24 years old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It happens all over and more than you think. Just look at Friends and see how many transfer in for 1 year to repeat a grade. That is the new hiding spot for GC parents.

It has been going on in all sports for a very long time. Red shirt freshmen in football and just look at the NBA draft. Look at the top ten taken. Not sure if their were any kids who graduated but they were all 23, 24 years old.

I may be wrong, but what has been going on for a long time is PG years for kids taking a 5th year of HS at the end, not at the start. PGs tended to be kids who had been recruited for a sport but needed to pull up grades or scores. Redshirt football players is same thing. They take a first year of college to eat and lift weights to get up their muscle and weight. Neither of those is to sissy down when you start HS. In the NBA draft there are lots of foreign league pros taken who are mid 20s. Many of the NCAA early outs are 19 to 21 years old. LeBron started wrecking the NBA when he was still a teenager, Kobe the same. Don't see that point either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me hold my son back so that he can be a stud on the U15AA team next year - cannot wait! Let's pay for another year of private school - great idea because he might get a 25% scholarship, but unlikely. My son will really learn alot about life - since we can do it and can afford it. We will really be able to stick our chests out next year - cannot wait!

Heard the Crabs already have six kids repeating to play U15 again. King Crab must be proud, parents excited about their time to shine next year - junior will be the stud of this team next year!

Was at Crabfest/Young guns last weekend with kids playing in two different age groups. Crabs kids were clearly older. 2020 kid six foot tall with full hairy legs. Sad part is they could not even win a championship, even with crab refs making horrible calls. Little kids running circles around them at all age groups. Crabs are pathetic at the X. Keep holding your kids back, it doesn't matter. The better players from outside MD came home with the championship. Have a nice summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was at Crabfest/Young guns last weekend with kids playing in two different age groups. Crabs kids were clearly older. 2020 kid six foot tall with full hairy legs. Sad part is they could not even win a championship, even with crab refs making horrible calls. Little kids running circles around them at all age groups. Crabs are pathetic at the X. Keep holding your kids back, it doesn't matter. The better players from outside MD came home with the championship. Have a nice summer.

Just to recap:

1. You know for a fact that all Crab kids are overage;
2. You claim all the refs were fixing games for the Crabs; and
3. You are boasting about some random youth lacrosse tournament.

Really? LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. Young Guns wasn't last weekend - it's THIS weekend. Try again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs owner started NSLCA in 2010 to basically send the recruiting / showcase cesspool down to infants. A 2021 team ?!? Clearly the school age criteria is an overt endorsement of the crap written out by posters. 2020 kids six feet all with hairy legs, what is this Mexican little league? The way Crabs owner tries to explain it is when U-11 players go up to U-13 they are sometimes not developed enough to make the U-13 team and you have to cut the kid. Actually, you don't. Just do two U-13 teams. But wait...Crabs don't do single A teams or B teams. An elite club can't have two U-13 teams, you have to have two AA teams by school year. The bottom line is the Crabs is a sissy pot for families with self esteem issues, and the NSCLA is supposed to be a private club that plays elite lacrosse that has nothing to do with the rest of the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just to recap:

1. You know for a fact that all Crab kids are overage;
2. You claim all the refs were fixing games for the Crabs; and
3. You are boasting about some random youth lacrosse tournament.

Really? LOL. [/quote]

We know for a fact the majority of all Crabs players are old for their grade. Their birthdates are on the team registration pages for tournaments. Quite honestly this classification by school year for teams on down to 4th grade is a big deal. It makes lacrosse unsafe at the younger ages. LOL and be snarky all you want on that point. It won't be very funny when a kid is seriously hurt or worse. This sport didn't care about commotio cordis incidents or standards for chest protectors until kids died playing lacrosse. This sport didn't care about safety standards for helmets until football wiped our arses for us to fund safety studies and standards after kids were killed by head trauma in lacrosse and football. For now it is just hilarious that young kids are out there with others who were not grade restrained and are year(s) older. Won't be very funny when it causes a grave harm to kids. Hey Ryan, get off these chat boards and get some class and a clue.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 128 1 2 3 4 5 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard