BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 47 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While everyone else at Laxfest, terps making a long drive to philly to play madlax, dukes, that team from texas...and some others at big 4 championship...

Good luck to all at laxfest, wish we were there as well...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said ...all these boys are going to represent LI and no matter what team they are on they will go on to play at some sort of collegiate level and have a lot of fun doing it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
While everyone else at Laxfest, terps making a long drive to philly to play madlax, dukes, that team from texas...and some others at big 4 championship...

Good luck to all at laxfest, wish we were there as well...

I Agree to that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's another Pole Question:

Who's a better Coach?

Mike C or Sal L

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chanenchuk is a far better coach than Sal. Not even close. Anybody can coach that Extreme team and win games and he had nothing to do with their individual skills development

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's a better Coach?

Mike C or Sal L

Depends on whether Express or 91 parents respond.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said ...all these boys are going to represent LI and no matter what team they are on they will go on to play at some sort of collegiate level and have a lot of fun doing it.

there are a lot of talented kids on all of these teams mentioned here. Many have played with each other on school, towns or even other club teams. Good luck to all them. Enjoy the summer season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's a better Coach?

Mike C or Sal L

John L

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island Only

91 Extreme
LIE Terps
91 Orange
fl$
Jesters Black
Vipers
Outlaws Black
LIE Wolverines
Tribe
TLI - Red
Tomahawks
Legacy “B”
Checkmate
91 White
LIE Piranhas
True Blue
Legacy “A”
Outlaws Silver
Jesters Green
Threshers
Recon
Dune Dawgs
Millon
Hitman
Lax Warriors
91 Stampede

FYI 91 orange has beaten the teams below there name on the list in 2014 obll & in 2013 fall tourneys ,91 orange beat a team from Texas this wked & bucks select .in thew final .They haven't played 91 extreame or terps .great representation of Long Island lax this weekend go LI .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Extreme: Beat Terps in Platinum very good game
Terps:Barely lost to Extreme and beat Dukes one of the best teams
fl$: until they play each other interchangeable with 91 Orange
91 Orange:
Jesters Black: Beat Wantagh at fl$
Wantagh: Beat Wolverines and Outlaws at Forsberg
Outlaws Black: beat Wolverines at Forsberg
Wolverines: Lost to both Wantagh and Outlaws
Vipers
Tomahawks
Checkmate Sharks
Piranhas
True Blue
Outlaws Silver
Jesters Green

This is based on opinion and recent scores. It will change as season goes on. All teams match up differently vs each other. Cant include Team LI because they are mixed 2017/2018

Find it interesting that I provide head to head results and people still put teams that got beat by another team ahead of said team. These results are only a week or so out. I missed a few teams but don't have much info on them and have not seen them play. Will definitely rank 91 Orange over fl$ because they played head to head and Orange beat them pretty easily.

you provide head to head results and people still have their own opinions, imagine the nerve. Spain is the number one team in the world rankings and Chile is number 15, Chile won today but I bet when the new world rankings come out Spain will still be ahead of them. these lists are the single most subjective things in the world. And I have terps rated higher then extreme because they were ahead for most of the game.....lol

Spain wont finish ahead of Chile in this World Cup tournament. LOL!! Using head to head is the easiest way to rank. When a team beats a team they should be ranked ahead of that team. Its not subjective yet objective when you have facts to make your point. Its that plain and simple. If they never play each other then you go on body of work and common opponents. Parent always want to sugar coat it. Facts are facts. Until a team beats another than the team that has won the head to head games will be ranked higher. Doesn't matter what the teams look like on paper or their pedigree.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's a better Coach?

Mike C or Sal L

Not a parent on either team, but know both. After these two guys take their respective teams to a one goal overtime decision, I think you have to say it's a toss up on the coaching side. As far as player development is concerned, and the ability to make a kid a better player, I think it's MC hands down... He has a way of teaching the proper techniques and concepts of the game better than anyone I've ever seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's a better Coach?

Mike C or Sal L

Not a parent on either team, but know both. After these two guys take their respective teams to a one goal overtime decision, I think you have to say it's a toss up on the coaching side. As far as player development is concerned, and the ability to make a kid a better player, I think it's MC hands down... He has a way of teaching the proper techniques and concepts of the game better than anyone I've ever seen.

Maybe developing.......game time coach? I would disagree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's a better Coach?

Mike C or Sal L

Yup!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's a better Coach?

Mike C or Sal L

Just by observing some games between the teams, I would have to say MC, there is a difference between motivating a player and screaming at the player. SL is known as a screamer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you pay Channy , he will coach you up. If you don't pay him, he won't. You know, the extra training on the side that he SUGGESTS you participate in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's a better Coach?

Mike C or Sal L

Maybe developing.......game time coach? I would disagree

I am not from either club and I agree that SL is probably as good a game coach, but you never hear him teach. MC is always teaching. I woud much rather have a teacher!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What players is he developing? The 12 kids he plays or the other 25 sitting on the sidelines?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you pay Channy , he will coach you up. If you don't pay him, he won't. You know, the extra training on the side that he SUGGESTS you participate in.

And that "extra training" is worth every penny. If you are lucky enough to get on the "email list", GO! The best 90 minute workout I have ever seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

we get it, Mike charges to coach lacrosse, I will adjust your back if you or your insurance pay me, and I will do it more often if you pay me more. The questions was who was better and not who has a better ROI - I say it is Mike hands down. I do not know of any other coach in lacrosse that can get so many people to pay so much money to sit on the bench and not play.....and they keep coming back because he is a great coach and they see their kids getting better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody is talking about extra training or money you knucklehead. Channy is far and away a better teacher and instructor and a better coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps parent here...

MC is a great coach and definitely is trying to make all boys better and very clear with them that in the biggest games, not everyone will play. You can say what you want about the man and express, but in my experience, he has always been up front and doesn't play any games. In today's world, that means alot. He is running a business and has always been very clear about that to parents. If you want someone to hold your hand, LIE is not for you...If you want more playing time, there are 20 other teams out there.

The boys (at least mine) absolutely respect the man and he is great with them.

I don't know SL so I cannot comment on him or his style. I do know that he always has a great team (the best team in this age bracket).

Last weekend at Adrenaline his team was the team to beat. Terps were winning all game in the championship but lost in OT (not to be a crybaby, but there were a few calls that really hurt the Terp). We have played Extreme a bunch over the years and all games have been tight. Last year lost to them in final at Shamrock, lost in prelim round of lax fest and then beat them in championship at lax fest. Last fall lost in a scrimmage event that MC put together with Dukes, Extreme, Team LI, team 365 (terps lost every game that day).

Terps are also a very good team and can compete with anyone, but Extreme is really the best team. Better than crabs and dukes. I think the talent level on Extreme just a little better than Terps, but who really knows...

MC is a pretty dam good coach...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps parent here...

MC is a great coach and definitely is trying to make all boys better and very clear with them that in the biggest games, not everyone will play. You can say what you want about the man and express, but in my experience, he has always been up front and doesn't play any games. In today's world, that means alot. He is running a business and has always been very clear about that to parents. If you want someone to hold your hand, LIE is not for you...If you want more playing time, there are 20 other teams out there.

I don't know SL so I cannot comment on him or his style. I do know that he always has a great team (the best team in this age bracket).

Last weekend at Adrenaline his team was the team to beat. Terps were winning all game in the championship but lost in OT (not to be a crybaby, but there were a few calls that really hurt the Terp). We have played Extreme a bunch over the years and all games have been tight. Last year lost to them in final at Shamrock, lost in prelim round of lax fest and then beat them in championship at lax fest. Last fall lost in a scrimmage event that MC put together with Dukes, Extreme, Team LI, team 365 (terps lost every game that day).

Terps are also a very good team and can compete with anyone, but Extreme is really the best team. Better than crabs and dukes. I think the talent level on Extreme just a little better than Terps, but who really knows...

Nicely put! I know both coaches, styles of coaching are very different, the results are about the same. MC's style of coaching motivates the players while SL's style sometimes makes the player feel as if they are failures. I guess it has a lot to do with the individual players and parents as to what they really want. If you want to win and win often, then you want your child to play with either Exteme or Terps, if you want your child to play at every game, well, there are a lot of other teams to go to, some have and as in real world, the grass is not always greener. You always lose something when trying to gain another.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps parent here...

you Mr. Anonymous are a waste of my time, I come on to BOTC for rants and trash talk, there is no room on this board for well thought out and well written posts, if you are going to be complimentary to other teams please stay off this board - you are all that is right with youth sports but everything that is wrong with BOTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A great coach can pull off a win like SL was able to pull off last weekend at Platinum. He was Missing 3 starters going into the tournament Then had an additional 3 kids injured during the tournament. He had 17 kids on Sunday, Terps had at lest 30 on the sideline, It was the last game of the weekend.

Calls went both ways, Somehow he coached, motivated his boys to get it done. Both great coaches, LI lucky to have the best coaching.

Terps parent here...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A great coach can pull off a win like SL was able to pull off last weekend at Platinum. He was Missing 3 starters going into the tournament Then had an additional 3 kids injured during the tournament. He had 17 kids on Sunday, Terps had at lest 30 on the sideline, It was the last game of the weekend.

Calls went both ways, Somehow he coached, motivated his boys to get it done. Both great coaches, LI lucky to have the best coaching.

Terps parent here...

I also heard all the Extreme Coaches had a bad case of Malaria, How did they manage to pull it off...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A great coach can pull off a win like SL was able to pull off last weekend at Platinum.

I never saw SL in the game much less score with 5 seconds to go to tie the game, neither team needed motivation from the coaches, these kids are all friends and they also know that this game was for bragging rights. Let's not take credit away from #44 for playing until the last whistle and tied the game by saying SL was able to pull it off.

He was Missing 3 starters going into the tournament Then had an additional 3 kids injured during the tournament. He had 17 kids on Sunday, Terps had at lest 30 on the sideline, It was the last game of the weekend.

He or the team? let's not make this about SL, make it about the boys that were playing and did an amazing job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps parent here...

Nicely put! I know both coaches, styles of coaching are very different, the results are about the same. MC's style of coaching motivates the players while SL's style sometimes makes the player feel as if they are failures. I guess it has a lot to do with the individual players and parents as to what they really want. If you want to win and win often, then you want your child to play with either Exteme or Terps, if you want your child to play at every game, well, there are a lot of other teams to go to, some have and as in real world, the grass is not always greener. You always lose something when trying to gain another.

Not sure how you lose something if your kid is not playing. Look, both these teams have their top players and then everyone else. 4 or 5 years ago kids played summer lax to become better players. Somewhere along the way the focus morphed into having to win every tournament you play in. Hence half the team doesn't play. Don't get me wrong the objective is to win, I get it.
Point is, if your kid plays a lot you're probably happy. If not, get him on a team where he does. Think about this: If there were college coaches at that Championship game and your son didn't play much, what are you doing? He has to be seen playing against the best to be recruited. Is it better to "say" your son is on the top team and not play or be seen by the coaches? Or is it better to actually "play and be seen competing against the best" on a team that might lose to the top team 9-5 or 11-7? I say the latter, you might "lose" the opportunity to say your kid is ON the top team, but gain the opportunity to say your son PLAYS on a team that competes against the best. The coaches are watching how players play, not the final score. Again, for the top 12 or 13 players on each of the top teams this is a non-issue, for rest its time to think about where you stand on the team and how many LOOKS you're actually going to get moving forward. If your kid is not playing at least half the game he's not going to be seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps parent here...

Not sure how you lose something if your kid is not playing. Look, both these teams have their top players and then everyone else. 4 or 5 years ago kids played summer lax to become better players. Somewhere along the way the focus morphed into having to win every tournament you play in. Hence half the team doesn't play. Don't get me wrong the objective is to win, I get it.
Point is, if your kid plays a lot you're probably happy. If not, get him on a team where he does. Think about this: If there were college coaches at that Championship game and your son didn't play much, what are you doing? He has to be seen playing against the best to be recruited. Is it better to "say" your son is on the top team and not play or be seen by the coaches? Or is it better to actually "play and be seen competing against the best" on a team that might lose to the top team 9-5 or 11-7? I say the latter, you might "lose" the opportunity to say your kid is ON the top team, but gain the opportunity to say your son PLAYS on a team that competes against the best. The coaches are watching how players play, not the final score. Again, for the top 12 or 13 players on each of the top teams this is a non-issue, for rest its time to think about where you stand on the team and how many LOOKS you're actually going to get moving forward. If your kid is not playing at least half the game he's not going to be seen.

SPOT ON!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is not one of the top 5-6 players on his team you should not be thinking about college looks yet, you should only be thinking about getting him better for next summer and the summer after that, very few 2018's will commit in the next 8 - 10 months probable less then 30 in the entire nation and the ones that do will be bigger and probably older 2018's. This summer really should not be about recruiting and it should NEVER be about winning - by being a middle of the road player on the best teams mean that you are practicing against the best and practice is where you are going to improve the most and I believe the best thing for any kid is to stay with a top team even if it means playing less then moving on to a lesser team to get more playing time. just IMHO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree head to head rules , since 91 orange has beaten fl$ ,jester , outlaws black in a tourney once & obll . Games to play this weekend . Great Long Island lacrosse !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is not one of the top 5-6 players on his team you should not be thinking about college looks yet, you should only be thinking about getting him better for next summer and the summer after that, very few 2018's will commit in the next 8 - 10 months probable less then 30 in the entire nation and the ones that do will be bigger and probably older 2018's. This summer really should not be about recruiting and it should NEVER be about winning - by being a middle of the road player on the best teams mean that you are practicing against the best and practice is where you are going to improve the most and I believe the best thing for any kid is to stay with a top team even if it means playing less then moving on to a lesser team to get more playing time. just IMHO

You get better by practicing and playing. You will ever get better until you challenge yourself against the best in a GAME. Not in practice. Btw if your on one of the top 2 teams your team will be getting looks this year. Point is if you're not playing this summer what makes you think you're all of a sudden going to be playing next year? I hate to tell you but you could not be more wrong. Get your son on a team where he plays.... Playing the best in GAMES makes you better. Wake up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You get better by practicing and playing. You will ever get better until you challenge yourself against the best in a GAME. Not in practice. Btw if your on one of the top 2 teams your team will be getting looks this year. Point is if you're not playing this summer what makes you think you're all of a sudden going to be playing next year? I hate to tell you but you could not be more wrong. Get your son on a team where he plays.... Playing the best in GAMES makes you better. Wake up!

Finish your point. Playing in games doesn't make you a more skilled player. Playing in games rises the kids confidence and that makes them better. Getting one or two shifts in a game, vs none, just ruins a kid. Especially the younger ones, maybe less so at this age. But if you're a coach and you can't figure out how to get the bottom 3rd of the roster a few shifts in big games - YOU ARE NOT A COACH! You are just a lax instructor, who thinks winning is more important than development. Coaching is so much more. So many of you youth coaches do it and then figure out some dumb justification. Just set your game plans and lines and let every kid contribute. Why carry 22-24. And don't say that's what HS does. This is different these kids are still be shaped as athletes and students and coaches have a role in that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else notice how easy 91 Extreme's and Orange's schedules are in our age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else notice how easy 91 Extreme's and Orange's schedules are in our age group.

None of those brackets are easy. At least 2 or 3 solid A teams in every bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on, you're not surprised are you???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None of those brackets are easy. At least 2 or 3 solid A teams in every bracket.

Here are my predictions of the four teams to make playoffs. Extreme, Annapolis Hawks Green, Laxachusettes Black and 91 Orange.

Not 100% sure if Annapolis Hawks Green is their A team. Pretty sure an Annapolis Team beat Extreme earlier this year. As for 91 Orange its a cake walk till they run into Laxachusettes Black in Semi Finals where they will lose 8 to 4. Extreme will win in OT vs Hawks if this is their A team 7 to 6. Then Extreme wins it all vs Laxachusettes 8 to 5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are my predictions of the four teams to make playoffs. Extreme, Annapolis Hawks Green, Laxachusettes Black and 91 Orange.

Not 100% sure if Annapolis Hawks Green is their A team. Pretty sure an Annapolis Team beat Extreme earlier this year. As for 91 Orange its a cake walk till they run into Laxachusettes Black in Semi Finals where they will lose 8 to 4. Extreme will win in OT vs Hawks if this is their A team 7 to 6. Then Extreme wins it all vs Laxachusettes 8 to 5

Extreme gets smoked by Hawks or Laxachusettes, both of those teams are littered with reclassed kids. Extreme only has a hand full of holdbacks to compete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Extreme gets smoked by Hawks or Laxachusettes, both of those teams are littered with reclassed kids. Extreme only has a hand full of holdbacks to compete.

Laxachusetts lost to LI Express North today, won't make playoffs unless Express North loses to True Lacrosse MI or Wantaugh (who they beat 14-5) at fl$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks didn't impress. Watched them vs. fl$. Didn't see Laxachusettes play but have heard they are big and physical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are scores posted anywhere?

Page 39 of 47 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard