BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
Re: Boys 2016 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whatever happened to the Long Island Blue Demons? They had a good squad a few years ago at U11, so I think it was a 2016 team. I haven't heard anything about them the past 2 years. Did that program disband?

Yes, they were a 2016 team and disbanded 2 years ago. Many of the kids are now playing for 91 and the express.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever happened to the Long Island Blue Demons? They had a good squad a few years ago at U11, so I think it was a 2016 team. I haven't heard anything about them the past 2 years. Did that program disband?

Yes, they were a 2016 team and disbanded 2 years ago. Many of the kids are now playing for 91 and the express.

Thanks. It was a pretty good team. My son's U11 team beat them a few summers ago, and a dad said it was the only game they had lost all summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks. It was a pretty good team. My son's U11 team beat them a few summers ago, and a dad said it was the only game they had lost all summer.

My son played for Blue Demons - great team, great coach, but it got to be too much for the dad/coach who ran it. Parents complaining about CSH boys getting playing time over more talented boys. They rarely lost a game in any case while playing up so not sure what the griping was about. It's too bad, coach was a great guy and all he wanted was the boys to learn, play hard, and have fun doing so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Blue Demons were ruined by parents. They were out of control.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a kid on the team, I can attest that they were not ruined by "parents". They were ruined by a single parent who, I agree, was totally out of control. Anyone who has ever seen him in action knows exactly who he is. Coach was a great guy and the team was excellent.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
what happened that a single parent ruined a club
As a parent of a kid on the team, I can attest that they were not ruined by "parents". They were ruined by a single parent who, I agree, was totally out of control. Anyone who has ever seen him in action knows exactly who he is. Coach was a great guy and the team was excellent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son played for Blue Demons - great team, great coach, but it got to be too much for the dad/coach who ran it. Parents complaining about CSH boys getting playing time over more talented boys. They rarely lost a game in any case while playing up so not sure what the griping was about. It's too bad, coach was a great guy and all he wanted was the boys to learn, play hard, and have fun doing so.

Hi. I am the original poster who asked about the Blue Demons. Was your son on the team in 2009 when they were at Patriot Games? My son played for the U11 Rock team that beat them in that tournament. The Blue Demons were a good team and it was a great game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious why not get rid of the one bad parent instead of the whole team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Our 2016 BLC Crabs (Baltimore) a few weeks ago played against the said "Baracuda" team. They were not registered as Baracuda's though Im certain thats who they were. Finally the U15 Crabs has some compettion outside of Baltimore. Crabs jumped out 8-0 LI came back to make the game close. Decent parents for a NY team. Look forward to seeing you folks in NPYLL

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Baltimore crabs $0

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Should be fun playing against these boys who we (BLC Crabs U15) played against at the NPYLL tournamnet in DC. I wonder how NPYLL will work this out as all the teams in AA are in the Baltimore ,DC area. Is it expected LI comes to us every week? Cudas (?) were strong. Ended up a closer game then started out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you guys have a good team. we were hoping to see you in nj 2 weeks ago at the dukes tournament this should make for an interesting season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express-Crabs rivalry will be fun to watch over the next four years. Both teams are well coached and there's a lot of mutual respect. The players and parents on both teams are first class. Can't wait for the next time they meet. Happy Holidays to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the baracuddas were probably the best team in the country and then express "orange" is still probably the best because they are the best of the best at there age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express Orange 2016 team plays like a seasoned team and all the players are very respectful and consistently display good sportsmanship. They have participated in three major tournaments this fall winning two and losing one in the championship game to the Crabs. No team is perfect but this one is as close to perfect as I've seen at this level...A pleasure to watch!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express Orange 2016 team plays like a seasoned team and all the players are very respectful and consistently display good sportsmanship. They have participated in three major tournaments this fall winning two and losing one in the championship game to the Crabs. No team is perfect but this one is as close to perfect as I've seen at this level...A pleasure to watch!

1. The Barracuddas are no more - they are now basically the Orange 2016 team, which was pretty marginal last summer as originally constructed. Orange 2016 was nowhere near a dominant team last summer. Come on.

2. The Crabs were a very good, but not dominant team, last summer. They lost consistently to Looney's and clubs like VLC.

3. The new Crabs 2016 team is very good. But that is the pattern with the Crabs. When they field their U15 team, they have lots of guys who are repeating 8th grade before going to Baltimore private schools. So they have several kids who would otherwise be on 2015 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. The Barracuddas are no more - they are now basically the Orange 2016 team, which was pretty marginal last summer as originally constructed. Orange 2016 was nowhere near a dominant team last summer. Come on.

2. The Crabs were a very good, but not dominant team, last summer. They lost consistently to Looney's and clubs like VLC.

3. The new Crabs 2016 team is very good. But that is the pattern with the Crabs. When they field their U15 team, they have lots of guys who are repeating 8th grade before going to Baltimore private schools. So they have several kids who would otherwise be on 2015 teams.

1) you quoted another post so you could post the breaking news that only you seem to know, that the barracuda's are now the express orange - thanks for the news flash but the quoted post never mentioned the barracuda's.

2) The post you quoted was talking about the fall so why bring up last summer as a response?

3) repeating grades has nothing to do with U15 either you are age eligible or you are not

otherwise good post

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure express orange will be a good team this year. They still have several kids from last summer's 'cuda team. How they will do against their main competition here on LI remains to be seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3) repeating grades has nothing to do with U15 either you are age eligible or you are not

otherwise good post

With the new USL guidelines, it may not be a big deal. But in the past, it was a big advantage for the Crabs. US Lacrosse used to advocate NOT having anyone in HS play U15, even if age eligible. That is why most good players only play 1 year of U15 ball - because they are going to make a HS varsity, JV or freshmen team during their 2nd year of U15 and thus do not play U15 anymore. But because many of the Crabs repeat 8th grade, they usually have a much older, mature team at the U15 level.

But with the new rules, it's hard to say what will transpire this summer.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Agreed. Its my opinon that as the gets better the parents tend to relax and enjoy themselves. We have as I'm sure LI does, many ex coaches who now just enjoy being parents. Enjoy the holiday.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I'm a parent of a U13 crabs player and now U15. The program guarntees no spots year to year and this U15 team was selected in the same manner. Only 6 players from U13 were moved up the others went to programs in the Balt area such as Green Turtle, Annapolis Hawks and Lax World. By selecting the teams fresh every yr certainly is hard for the boys and parents but accepted by all who respect the director for not "grandfathering players" yr to yr there fore loosing credibility. The coaching is outstanding and the expectations are high. As far as age goes they run it by the book I know first hand. Other programs in our area (Va based) pulled some fast ones last season in a couple tournaments as they had players from their U15 team come down and play against the U13 Crabs. I dont know if they were over age I would hate to think so. Crabs had 3-4 players playing U15 who were age appropriate for U13. If they came down and played in those tournaments it would have been ugly.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thats true about the repeating of grades. We here that all the time. Our DOB's and grades all fit NPYLL standard. In fact last yr for Crabs at U13 we had 2-3 boys who were in sixth grade with birth yrs 1999. Only one that I know of made the U13 Crabs again this yr as the program will not just carry kids yr to yr.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do they repeat 8th grade?
Long Island kids who play at 2016 are 1998 birth year or late 1997.
Are the maryland and virginia kids who play 2016, 1997 and late 1996 birth year?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Repeating 8th grade (if thats the case and it happens at all)has allot to do with parents decisions whether they want their son in 9th grade and be only 14 yrs old. MYLA, NPYLL rules have nothing to do with grade at that age group unless the player is in 9th grade. If he is in 9th grade he can not play for his HS. It is about the age. You must be "under 15" August 31st of the upcoming yr. Our team does have a few 97"s but they have to be born Sept -Dec of 97. Crabs players are bigger I guess because of the program selection. Crabs tryouts attract quite a few boys from all over not just Baltimore and those who tryout are typcally the best or close to it on their Rec or club team. Ive seen many AA players not get thru the first cuts. Crabs only has one team per age group. Says allot about the people running it as they could make lots of money having lower teams. They do not have a U11.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Balt.LAX rules
Other programs in our area (Va based) pulled some fast ones last season in a couple tournaments as they had players from their U15 team come down and play against the U13 Crabs. I dont know if they were over age I would hate to think so.

You were told a lie. VLC beat the U13 Crabs twice last year, and some Crabs parents are convinced (or were told) that VLC used some U15 players. That is an absolute lie. Everyone who played on that VLC team was a U13 age player - nobody was overage. I know every one of those kids. All of them conformed to the U13 age requirements, and nobody was "pulled" down from either of VLC's two U15 teams. In fact, VLC's best player was a 12 year old 6th grader. I'm happy to talk about it offline if you wish. I can't say it any plainer - no "illegal" or overage players were used. None.

As you know, some Crabs parents said some pretty ugly things on the sideline. Unfortunately, these allegations are completely false and are groundless.

If you have an email address, I'm happy to discuss it further and give you the full scoop. I'm not sure who told you guys this rumor, but whoever did made your parents look really bad.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I'd like to do that. How do I get you my cell or email address w/out putting it out there for all to see.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I'd like to do that. How do I get you my cell or email address w/out putting it out there for all to see.
The anonymous user can become a registered user and send the details through me, CageSage, via messaging here on BOTC. That is just one way to make the connection. Alternatively, the two of you can connect directly over BOTC Messaging once registration is completed - which is another of the benefits that comes with membership!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets be clear here. If a U-15 player plays U-13 he is not breaking the rules if he is eligible by age to play U-13 but happens to be good enough to play U-15 at other tournaments.

For example my boy Johnny was born on September 1st 1999. Based on age he is a U-13 player in 2012.

Most boys his age (Aug/Sep '99 births) are in 7th grade.
Knowing I want him to get a Lacrosse scholarship I red-shirted him as a Kindergartener. You would think he'd be in 6th grade, but as it turns out Johnny is not too bright and got left back a few years ago so he is only in 5th grade.

Fortunately, he really is a good Laxer. I always thought Ivy Leaguers were too stuffy. I am therefore not concerned with Johnny's academic problems (ACC Lacrosse is better anyhow and I hear those southern schools like Duke and UVA have very relaxed academic standards).

Even though he 2.5 years older than his teammates he plays on his 5th grade 2019 team and does really well.

When it comes to age based tournies he is good enough to play U-15, but aged for U-13. Even though he usually rosters w/ a U-15 squad is it wrong for him to roster at some tourneys as a U-13?

Assuming he does a PG year and red-shirts a year at UVA he will be 26 when he graduates. Thanks to lacrosse he will have given up only 4 years of earning potential to get his $5K per year partial scholarship. In 2012 however, I do not want him accused of cheating for occasionally playing U-13.

Like Reply Quote
Boys 2016 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I see. Well if the anonymous registers then he and I can talk.

[ ... Content Removed at Poster's Request ... ]

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Content Removed at Poster's Request
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, he is not cheating by playing in U13. However, you are cheating him by not getting him a tutor and spending more time in the books and less time worrying about his lax skills. The glory days of lacrosse end my friend and we all find ourselves playing in some Masters league and drinking beer around a cooler afterwards. The next day we go to work - some as Doctors,lawyers etc and some dig ditches. Education is where it is at.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
BaltLax,

I am registered now. I have to leave the desk, but will send you a PM later. I would request, however, that you remove your post (or edit it) concerning VLC having 5 boys disqualified before the finals against Looney's. That is 100% false, and I hate to see that written here as if it is the truth. I was with the team the entire day, and nobody (at this tournament or any other one) has even been held out for any reason. None.

The Looney's had an excellent team and we couldn't win a faceoff in the 1st half. We had our full complement of players. Period. I don't know where this vicious rumor got started, but it is hateful and completely false. Completely.

Again, I would appreciate you removing that part of your post until we "talk".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the poster you are responding to was using the sarcasm font in his post. I do not think "Johnny" exists.

No, he is not cheating by playing in U13. However, you are cheating him by not getting him a tutor and spending more time in the books and less time worrying about his lax skills. The glory days of lacrosse end my friend and we all find ourselves playing in some Masters league and drinking beer around a cooler afterwards. The next day we go to work - some as Doctors,lawyers etc and some dig ditches. Education is where it is at.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I'm not sure if I'm able to editonce posted. Those who read this see my view as it is and yours.I do look forward to speaking to you and clarifying what I may not be correct with.

Last edited by Balt.LAX rules; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Age matters but the rules do favor maryland. We played the crabs in the fall. The format u15 no 9th graders birthdate 1996. Our express orange players are all 1997 the rules state you can be 1996 as a u15 player and in new [lacrosse] that is almost impossible. NY 1996 players are 9th graders. Listen the games at this age will be fun to watch. The crabs do have great players and great coaching. We want to see them more. I think the game at this level will only motivate the long island teams.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I'm not sure if I'm able to editonce posted. Those who read this see my view as it is and yours.I do look forward to speaking to you and clarifying what I may not be correct with.
Editing is a function exclusively reserved for the moderators. If you wish to retract or update content, please just include the original post with your corrected content. If something needs to be removed from the board, private message us if it was your own content.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Age matters but the rules do favor maryland. We played the crabs in the fall. The format u15 no 9th graders birthdate 1996. Our express orange players are all 1997 the rules state you can be 1996 as a u15 player and in new [lacrosse] that is almost impossible. NY 1996 players are 9th graders. Listen the games at this age will be fun to watch. The crabs do have great players and great coaching. We want to see them more. I think the game at this level will only motivate the long island teams.

Not sure I follow, you might want to use comma's, I have a son born in 1996 and he is in 9th grader, and he is also elidgable for U15 (born after 8/31/1996) - probably about 10% of all current 9th graders were born in 1996, (Nov. and Dec. birth dates)and why would this help Maryland? if it is the same rules for everybody?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
FYI. Most of the Crabs U15 players this season are 98 birth yr. We have 3-4 boys who are 97's. No 96's those boys are in the 2015 division. That Orange/Cuda team was outstanding. I think they were caught off guard with the way Crabs pushes offensivly and makes those 3rd and 4th passes to goal. One thing we noticed with the LI team was how quickly they made the first slide way up high. Left the attack open and with the ability Crabs has to pass, it cost them. LI's offense once they got untracked was fantastic to watch. Catch and shoot right away. Do you have a son on that team? I see youre in NPYLL. Have youre coaches discussed how the travel would work out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes i have a son on the team. We are willing to travel for good competition. We wanted to see you guys in philly but you guys were short 2 of your best players. This year will be fun you have not seen our whole team either. You guys were fast and our coach changed it up at half time to teach our kids a lesson. He told them you guys would be the best we see and now use our speed. The kids made it close and want another shot. I have whatched alot of lacrosse over the years this match up may be the best I ever seen

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Not true with regard to Crabs having U15 players who should be 2015. I know first hand as you can by looking at their roster on line, most of the Crabs u15 players are 98's with a few 4-5 97's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when we played you in the fall there were no 9th graders allowed in the u15 division. Most eigth graders in ny are late 97 and 98. To have jan 1997 in eigth grade in ny is not heard of. I agree u15 does allow sept 1 1996 dates but we played a tournament in which that was not possible. I do not know if it happens there all the time. Good teams only get better playing better compitition.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard