BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Chaminade has goalie in Matt Isnardi
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
By Will Sammon, Newsday (reprint)

Chaminade standout midfielder Sam Bonafede was asked Friday afternoon, the day before the season opener against Ward Melville, who the Flyers' starting goalie would be.

He didn’t know for sure.

“It could be one of four guys,” Bonafede said. “But that’s because they’re all pretty good.”

Matt Isnardi proved how good he is on Saturday. The senior goalie, who was behind Dan Fowler (now at Duke) last season, started Saturday and recorded nine saves as host Chaminade defeated Ward Melville, 10-5, in non-league boys lacrosse.

Though Bonafede and others, including Isnardi, might have thought otherwise, coach Jack Moran said the job was Isnardi’s to lose from the start of practices.
“Matt’s a great goalie,” Moran said. “I tell him, you backed up Dan Fowler last year and there’s nothing wrong with that. He’s a good kid with a good work ethic who should only get better.”

The Army-bound goalkeeper made two similarly pretty saves late in the third quarter. Both were on shots from Ward Melville’s Dan Bucaro, one of the top players on Long Island. And both shots were from close range.

“We had four guys come out this year who all deserve playing time at goalie,” Isnardi said after the game. “It came down to the last couple of practices.

Today, our defense played so well and gave me low-angle shots to work with so that made it easier on me.”

Like a guy who didn’t want to dwell too much on the success of one game, Isnardi was being modest. His teammates, however, were left impressed. Now some who believed the goalie position was a question mark for Chaminade this season, view it as one of the Flyers’ strengths.

“I’ve been playing with Matt Isnardi my whole life, since third grade,” Bonafede said. “And this is the best I’ve seen him play in a really long time. He’s here to stay and he’s here to play well.”

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Chaminade has goalie in Matt Isnardi
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pd3zhp

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
pd3zhp

Here's a tip - Write what you want to say in the big box and then copy the code in the little box. Then hit "Submit."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Chaminade standout midfielder Sam Bonafede was asked Friday afternoon, the day before the season opener against Ward Melville, who the Flyers' starting goalie would be.

He didn’t know for sure.

“It could be one of four guys,” Bonafede said. “But that’s because they’re all pretty good.”

Matt Isnardi proved how good he is on Saturday. The senior goalie, who was behind Dan Fowler (now at Duke) last season, started Saturday and recorded nine saves as host Chaminade defeated Ward Melville, 10-5, in non-league boys lacrosse.

Though Bonafede and others, including Isnardi, might have thought otherwise, coach Jack Moran said the job was Isnardi’s to lose from the start of practices.
“Matt’s a great goalie,” Moran said. “I tell him, you backed up Dan Fowler last year and there’s nothing wrong with that. He’s a good kid with a good work ethic who should only get better.”

The Army-bound goalkeeper made two similarly pretty saves late in the third quarter. Both were on shots from Ward Melville’s Dan Bucaro, one of the top players on Long Island. And both shots were from close range.

“We had four guys come out this year who all deserve playing time at goalie,” Isnardi said after the game. “It came down to the last couple of practices.

Today, our defense played so well and gave me low-angle shots to work with so that made it easier on me.”

Like a guy who didn’t want to dwell too much on the success of one game, Isnardi was being modest. His teammates, however, were left impressed. Now some who believed the goalie position was a question mark for Chaminade this season, view it as one of the Flyers’ strengths.

“I’ve been playing with Matt Isnardi my whole life, since third grade,” Bonafede said. “And this is the best I’ve seen him play in a really long time. He’s here to stay and he’s here to play well.”

What's the point of this article?.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

He didn’t know for sure.

What's the point of this article?.

Better question. Why do you care?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe it's a good way to point out if you work hard on the field and off the field good things will happen. The kid is off to West Point, were is brother just graduated from another great kid.one of the 3 Captains.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe it's a good way to point out if you work hard on the field and off the field good things will happen. The kid is off to West Point, were is brother just graduated from another great kid.one of the 3 Captains.

The story is from April so why is it being brought up now. Why don't we talk about the 85 Bears..LOL.

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard