BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 327 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do you know what the story is with the one multi-year (2015/2016) team?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
there's 104 players listed on the four 2016 rosters, they have to stop at some point!

or at least make a fifth team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know what a head coach gets paid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They dont ! Unfortunate but we just found out 2017 teams have mom's coaching so that say's it all... free %100 gaurenteed full time playing for there daughters ! and from what we see they need it...

anyone know what a head coach gets paid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't imagine that many kids were turned away, especially when you consider that they have almost 750 players listed on the rosters (not including the "alternate" group)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wake up! there are parents coaching at virtually every age group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if they arent paying the coaches, why don't they make additional teams instead of carrying 26?

ALSO, if they don't pay the coaches, Where does all the money go? Do all the Directors get paid if so that covers a bunch of the coaches.

They made $50,000 just on tryout fees!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All these clubs need capital to pre register all the teams for all summer tourneys do that math times 30 teams and I bet its more than 50,000.00

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have nothing against the YJ, but what gets me is when everyone points out how many college commitments the girls have as compared to other programs. Of course they do when they have so many players. Other clubs have just one or two teams.

Wouldn't most of the registration fees for the tournaments come from the club tuition? Parents pay for each tournament separately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The question is then are they qualified parent/coaches with a lacrosse background? or just a parent who learned the sport because her daughter or daughters plays the game?? I have to agree on original post . Most parents who do coach do it for the wrong reasons ,because no one can coach there own kid so they gun for the next available opening to get that position. Yes its common everywhere , but as a parent you have to ask yourself at the younger age is it worth the money of not having a qualified coach especially in this organization ?? If i am correct i would say that if its who i think it is on RED? She is not qualified and go elsewhere !!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have nothing against the YJ, but what gets me is when everyone points out how many college commitments the girls have as compared to other programs. Of course they do when they have so many players. Other clubs have just one or two teams.

Wouldn't most of the registration fees for the tournaments come from the club tuition? Parents pay for each tournament separately.

You can't down play the success rate the YJ when it comes to getting kids in colleges. It is not because of the amount of kids playing. It is because the kids can actually play and Carol Rose and the YJ brand is well respected. Look at the kids at colleges right now,Some of the best kids from NorthWestern (National Champs) are from the YJ's. Coaches know if a kid plays on one of the top YJ teams they have been tournament tested! That means they have played with and against the best competition in the country. Choosing a student athlete especially one who is scholorshiped is critical to a program. Knowing that a player has played at a certain level reduces the risk of investing in that player, that and the work ethic and talent each player brings is why there are so many YJ's getting big time Div 1 offers!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think the coaches do not get paid then you are out of your mind!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then just compare the first 2 teams. You will find there is no comparison. I am not saying that if you play for another club you won't play at a great college, but at this point you have a better chance (especially if you are NOT a superstar) with the YJ's!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's with the YJ obsession....My daughter plays, she likes it, I like it. Your daughter doesn't so move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The question is then are they qualified parent/coaches with a lacrosse background? or just a parent who learned the sport because her daughter or daughters plays the game?? I have to agree on original post . Most parents who do coach do it for the wrong reasons ,because no one can coach there own kid so they gun for the next available opening to get that position. Yes its common everywhere , but as a parent you have to ask yourself at the younger age is it worth the money of not having a qualified coach especially in this organization ?? If i am correct i would say that if its who i think it is on RED? She is not qualified and go elsewhere !!

I am done with teams with parents as the coach. Avoid this at all costs. There may be a good one out there with fair objectives, but I've yet to see it with three kids heavily into multiple sports. We are now playing for a travel lacrosse team with no parent, thank god. Parents are fine for town level, and even there it is a joke to see what they pull.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But as long as parents accept what the clubs have to offer as a coach they will continue to pull the parent coach act after they take your money ! To much hype , to much marketing , amazing what a yellow jacket sweat shirt and sweat pants can officially turn any parent into a qualified coach.

I am done with teams with parents as the coach. Avoid this at all costs. There may be a good one out there with fair objectives, but I've yet to see it with three kids heavily into multiple sports. We are now playing for a travel lacrosse team with no parent, thank god. Parents are fine for town level, and even there it is a joke to see what they pull.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen! the 2015 blue has the same problme.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best Club team in the Country!! Not even close! If you think otherwise your crazy and lying to yourself

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So let me be the first to ask, If a team beats the blue team, that we all know is really a gold teams, it the same as beating the real blue team, or does it come with an excuse that there not a real blue team. I mean this mostly in the 2015 age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you so angry about 2015 Blue? The team has never lost a game and they are widely recognized as the best in the country. Who cares if a parent is coaching? If your daughter is on the team but can't handle the very limited minutes that the coach feels she deserves, how 'bout u talk to the coach or better yet, see yourself to another club team? Calling him out here accomplishes nothing.

Amen! the 2015 blue has the same problme.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That $50,000+ for tryout fees is pocket change, by the first week in January 750 players have to pay their $600 team fee - that's $450,000! What do you think is made when hosting a tournament? 32 teams per age group, 8 age groups = 256 teams @ $2,000 per team = $512,000! What do you think it cost to get fields, ref's, a cheap liability policy and make a schedule? So one years tryout, roster payment and a tournament puts income over a million dollars, then you can add in all the clinics and camps. How about consulting fees? Do you think that a college program in a hurry to get a D1 team up to speed might want to pay a consulting fee to yj and have some players steered in their direction? It goes on in AAU basketball all the time, what makes you think it doesn't happen in lax?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That $50,000+ for tryout fees is pocket change, by the first week in January 750 players have to pay their $600 team fee - that's $450,000! What do you think is made when hosting a tournament? 32 teams per age group, 8 age groups = 256 teams @ $2,000 per team = $512,000! What do you think it cost to get fields, ref's, a cheap liability policy and make a schedule? So one years tryout, roster payment and a tournament puts income over a million dollars, then you can add in all the clinics and camps. How about consulting fees? Do you think that a college program in a hurry to get a D1 team up to speed might want to pay a consulting fee to yj and have some players steered in their direction? It goes on in AAU basketball all the time, what makes you think it doesn't happen in lax?

Seriously is it your business to count the YJ money? It's a business and a successful one. HOw many long Island businesses can boast such growth. Go count your own money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh and can you name that ficticious tournament that attracts 256 teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any mark up on all that logo wear? lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the clinic? it is $200 per hour session right? So if i do stick, shoot and defense its $600 for the four weeks? I was confused, I thought we got all the groups for $200. That is $50 / hour.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know about the 2017 blue teams? Looks like they dropped some of the girls and put them on a second team. They also moved up some gold players I think? Does YJ normally have two blue teams like and A or a B?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi all,
New to YJ - daughter made gold 2018 team (6th gr)
There is so much info on this thread but what i am curious about is how difficult is it to move from gold to blue in upcoming years. thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi all,
There is so much info on this thread but what i am curious about is how difficult is it to move from gold to blue in upcoming years. thanks!

There is plenty of movement from year to year. It will all depend on your daughters talent and work ethic. If she is great she will be noticed and moved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the clinic? it is $200 per hour session right? So if i do stick, shoot and defense its $600 for the four weeks? I was confused, I thought we got all the groups for $200. That is $50 / hour.

That's cheap the going rate is 75.00 -125.00 per hour for private lessons

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi all,

Hard to say now that the whole color and teams is totally restructured. Blue used to be blue, gold used to be gold, there used to be one color per age group. Don't know what any of it means anymore. Congrats anyway and good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you all for the info!
We are looking forward to the YJ experience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would put the range for private lessons at more like $40 to $150. However, the emphasis should be on the word PRIVATE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would put the range for private lessons at more like $40 to $150. However, the emphasis should be on the word PRIVATE.

Hmmm can your $40.00 trainer hold a stick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is $200 for 4 sessions. The defense session is excellent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PRIVATE is the key word, I'm sure that there will be at least 30 kids per session

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody know of any groups that had to turn away a lot of kids? I heard numbers were up this year at tryouts

3 2020 teams that has to be a first.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody know of any groups that had to turn away a lot of kids? I heard numbers were up this year at tryouts

Why even bother having a 2020 team?? Leave the girls at this age in the hornet development program. I can see a 2019 team for this year, where the girls will play up one year. BTW, The first age group for 2012 summer tournaments is 6th grade, that is 2018. There is a huge physical difference at this age, it is far different than an 8th grader playing up 2 years. If you ask me it is dangerous and irresposible to do this. They are still young and have plenty of time to develope, why push it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Business is good and the YJ brand has never been stronger. People want the YJ name and not hornets and thats why the 2020 group has 3 teams. Next year Hornets will probably be called Jr YJ's and parents will start them in 1st grade!

The 2020's will probably be on the hook with clinics and camps for $30,000, $40,000 dare I say $50,000+??? NINE years of hefty payouts. At fourth grade do you even know if lacrosse is even going to stick with your daughter?

Stay will club and then start looking around as they approach High School. At least youi will know if the have the talent and the drive to justify the CASH, otherwise, put the $50,000 in a 529 plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why even bother having a 2020 team?? Leave the girls at this age in the hornet development program. I can see a 2019 team for this year, where the girls will play up one year. BTW, The first age group for 2012 summer tournaments is 6th grade, that is 2018. There is a huge physical difference at this age, it is far different than an 8th grader playing up 2 years. If you ask me it is dangerous and irresposible to do this. They are still young and have plenty of time to develope, why push it?

They can have 2020 teams but they should play more local tournaments like Liberty does and a couple of the other programs. They don't need the full out of sale tournament schedule like the big girls have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 to 4 years ago it was $200 for 6 session

Like Reply Quote
Page 25 of 327 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 326 327
Quick Reply