BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Girls 2016 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2013 through Summer 2014 thread covering the Girls 2016 (10th Grade) age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2016 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter received an invite to 2014 GIRL's Maverick Showtime event. I realize that this will only be their second year, the boys event seems to be successful. Any thoughts on the girl's event? It's not cheap and I'm curious about the return on investment..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter received an invite to 2014 GIRL's Maverick Showtime event. I realize that this will only be their second year, the boys event seems to be successful. Any thoughts on the girl's event? It's not cheap and I'm curious about the return on investment..

Awful event last year. However, now they have brought in one of the YJ directors to help run it. I'm sure YJ will now be pushing it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
have any invites been received for the super sophs showcase?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Refreshing our Girls 2016 discussion thread.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know some Long Island girls this age have committed already any lists yet.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Congratulations to the following Class of 2016 girls from the Yellow Jackets organization that have verbally committed to the following institutions.

Charlotte Campbell (St Anthony's) UVA
Sam DeBellis (Cold Spring Harbor) Duke
Katie Hoeg (Mattituck) UNC
Kaelie Huff (ESM) USC
Kerrigan Miller (Bayport) USC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know all these girls. They are not playin regularly until they are juniors. They great players but that the way it is at these schools. That is big adjustment. These girls never sat before. Good luck. Go yj.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know all these girls. They are not playin regularly until they are juniors. They great players but that the way it is at these schools. That is big adjustment. These girls never sat before. Good luck. Go yj.

Seriously , if you know all these girls you should go up to their parents and express your concern.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know why would they all pick to go to top 30 ranked schools that all happen to have beautiful schools in great areas of the country. You sir are a [lacrosse] , just wish them well and give congrats.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know all these girls too, I've watched my Top Gun daughters team play against them. They are great players. there is nothing else to add to the above post other congratulations and good luck at the next level.Well Done Girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage any way to get a list of colleges that were in attendance last year at Maverick Showtime? Or even better a list of who will be there this year?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Cage any way to get a list of colleges that were in attendance last year at Maverick Showtime? Or even better a list of who will be there this year?
This was not an event on the BOTC calendar last year. You will need to contact the showcase directors directly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does your crystal ball have a way of predicting injuries? There is no way to tell how well a freshman will perform in the college game.Some will do better than expected and some will experience trouble adjusting to the size and speed of the college game.This all takes place without taking into consideration the unfortunate injuries that each team will have to deal with. Congratulations on your commitment I know you all worked very hard to be in this position.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Mount Sinai High School sophomore attack-midfield Caroline Hoeg has made a commitment to play at Johns Hopkins University.

High School: Mount Sinai High School
Graduation Year: 2016
College Choice: Johns Hopkins University
Club Affiliation: Yellow Jackets 2016 Blue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Expect to see the top rising sophmores (2017) based on the Long Island chatter. If you were lucky enough to receive an invitation, jump on it. Remember, there are some events that Are in fact Invitation Only and have a cap on those lucky enough to get the nod. My son to this day says it was the best showcase he attended and with the people running the girls side this year there will no doubt be hundreds of recruiters. It is pricy, but then again if your daughter has an idea of where she wants to go, chances are the coach will be attending this showcase. If not she can let the coach know she will be attending. I am on my brothers ipad and cant get to my email but I think this is at the end of June. Heard it was an amazing experience last year from girls who have given verbals over the past few months.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Expect to see the top rising sophmores (2017) based on the Long Island chatter. If you were lucky enough to receive an invitation, jump on it. Remember, there are some events that Are in fact Invitation Only and have a cap on those lucky enough to get the nod. My son to this day says it was the best showcase he attended and with the people running the girls side this year there will no doubt be hundreds of recruiters. It is pricy, but then again if your daughter has an idea of where she wants to go, chances are the coach will be attending this showcase. If not she can let the coach know she will be attending. I am on my brothers ipad and cant get to my email but I think this is at the end of June. Heard it was an amazing experience last year from girls who have given verbals over the past few months.

You guys are talking about the Showtime event at Western Connecticut right? My daughter's going for the first time, and I saw someone earlier in the thread said it was awful last year. Wondering if anyone else has any input, or if that poster can provide details...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter attended last year and had a fun time...that was it, very few college coaches were there, mostly from Connecticut. Very little instruction, coached by low rate college players, mostly games. You can imagine the little passing and a lot of 1v1. According to the invite she received this year there are some big LI girls lax names involved and that may boost it up. The boys side is amazing, my son attended a few years back, but according to last year the girls side doesn't compare. Not worth the money, in my humble opinion. Hope this helps.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Team Elevate 2016
Emma DeGennaro
Huntington High School
Midfielder/Attack
Brown University

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC congratulates the following three Long Island Yellow Jackets commitments from the Class of 2016.

Taryn Ohlmiller
High School: Islip High School
Position: Attack
College Choice: Towson University
Club Affiliation: Long Island Yellow Jackets
Major lacrosse honors: 3x All-Division(Suffolk County), 3x Offensive Player of the Year(Islip), National Tournament Team 2(LI Metro), 2x All-Tournament U-15 Nationals, National Draw, Lax for the Cure, Mid-Atlantic, Northern Rise, and Syracuse Team Camp Champs

Ally Kennedy
High School: North Babylon High School
Position: Midfield
College Choice: Stony Brook University
Major lacrosse honors: Under Armour All-American Uncommitted game; School girls, All-Division 8th and 9th grade

Kerrigan Miller
High School: Bayport-Blue Point High School
Position: Midfield
College Choice: USC
Major lacrosse honors: All-Division Honors as 8th grader, All-County, All-League, All-Division as 9th grader, 2013 All-Tournament Team Honors U15 National Tournament, Under Armour All-American Uncommited Game Champions. USC camp MVP, UNC camp MVP, Nike Elite 120 (featured in Inside lacrosse as a player to watch. U15 National Tournament Finalist 2012 & 2013. National Draw Champions. The Northern Rise Champion, Syracuse Nike Cup Team Tournament Camp Champions. Rivalry Challenge Champions. Prime Time Recruiting Showcase Champions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Katie Reilly
High School: Huntington High School
Position: Attack/Midfield
College Choice: Princeton University
Club Affiliation: Team Elevate

Taylor Moreno
Position: Goalie
College Choice: University of North Carolina

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best at this Age Group ? 1st Tournament results

A Teams

Heroes tied YJ defo
Topguns crushed Heroes
Topguns crushed YJ defo
Topguns loses to MD United East
M&D Black not there

B teams

91 Allstars lost to 2 weak teams in a B bracket
91 Allstars beat YJ ceraso badly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD United lost to Heros by 1 and beat TopGuns by 4. Didn't play YJ defo. I guess it shows that all of these teams can win or lose against each other on any given day. M and D would be in the mix.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hailey Bengston
Position: Defense
College Choice: Syracuse University

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irina DeSimone
Position: Midfiled
College Choice: High Point University

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wouldn't be so quick to label 91 all stars as a "B" team.
beat TG black and either tied or beat M&D black last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best at this Age Group ? 1st Tournament results

A Teams

Heroes tied YJ defo
Topguns crushed Heroes
Topguns crushed YJ defo
Topguns loses to MD United East
M&D Black not there

Seemed like Heros scored just before horn for Win over YJ however refs said horn had gone off

B teams

91 Allstars lost to 2 weak teams in a B bracket
91 Allstars beat YJ ceraso badly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your comment is so spot on.

I am amazed. It seems to me that as these kids mature the distance in skill level between them gets smaller and smaller.

It will be an interesting Summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We'll see how you do next weekend, you'll be lucky to win 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We'll see how you do next weekend, you'll be lucky to win 1

wow tough sched .... skywalkers blue, YJ defo ... u gonna get blown out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

tg black out played them had around 50 shots , one of those days when even a blind mouse gets a piece of cheese..
and no the goalie didnt make that many saves, all shots were off goal.. to mas stole our sticks the night before and loosened the strings.

and M&D had half a team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but looking at last year schedule TG Never played a team 91 allstars

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 only lost one game this weekend and yes next weekend will be tough, but all kids will play equally, it is a showcase...object is recruiting, winning is the bonus...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you must not have much of a life if you checked back at tg's schedule from last year to say they never played 91 allstars. Very sad. 91 allstars was suffolk allstars for the last 5 years they teamed up with 91 to help further support admin and recruiting efforts. same team and coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets see what yj and topguns do tbis weekend.. oh yeah and the 91 allstars

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you must not have much of a life if you checked back at tg's schedule from last year to say they never played 91 allstars. Very sad. 91 allstars was suffolk allstars for the last 5 years they teamed up with 91 to help further support admin and recruiting efforts. same team and coaches

YOU WERE SO EASY TO HOOK

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M and D hammered Heros today. Top Guns v M and D tomorrow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets see what yj and topguns do tbis weekend.. oh yeah and the 991 allstars

91 allstars got crushed both games yesterday against a teams... and will get crushed again today by yj.... i guess it is easy to say theh are a b team...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns lost to m&d today as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered