BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
PAL Festival
noangel Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
IMHO, Nassau PAL festival needs to be moved earlier in the season or scrapped altogether. Too late in the season, up against travel, vacations, school commitments. Most teams scrambled to get players and the game after us was a forfeit. They make you play on an "off" day and threaten to fine you if you can't play.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: PAL Festival
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by noangel
IMHO, Nassau PAL festival needs to be moved earlier in the season or scrapped altogether. Too late in the season, up against travel, vacations, school commitments. Most teams scrambled to get players and the game after us was a forfeit. They make you play on an "off" day and threaten to fine you if you can't play.

Agreed, It should be held as the opener for the season when all the kids and parents are still excited and have less conflicts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one wanted to be there, fields stunk and they were behind schedule. Time to let it go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

No one wanted to be there, fields stunk and they were behind schedule. Time to let it go.

It's a complete cluster and needs to be scrapped. It's not relevant anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL/town needs to harmonize itself better with travel. Because I don't anybody who choose a town game over a travel game. But I know a lot of people who will do both.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a complete cluster and needs to be scrapped. It's not relevant anymore.

Plus they locked the side gate so everyone had to walk around through the vendor village. My 70 plus year old father in law really appreciated the extra quarter mile walk to the fields.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Festivus is a joke. fields are for the most part horrendous. You think they'd schedule the grass to be cut before 90 some odd games are played there on Sunday. Charge me an extra $5 to register for PAL, but spare me the vendor village... As for PAL getting more in line with the travel schedule--NO, travel should get more in line with the PAL schedule--PAL can't start any earlier given the NY MArch weather and there is a tournament every weekend of the summer-LIEX, 91 igloo etc--WAIT TILL AFTER FATHER's DAY fOR TOURNAMENTS then have at it...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Festivus is a joke. fields are for the most part horrendous. You think they'd schedule the grass to be cut before 90 some odd games are played there on Sunday. Charge me an extra $5 to register for PAL, but spare me the vendor village... As for PAL getting more in line with the travel schedule--NO, travel should get more in line with the PAL schedule--PAL can't start any earlier given the NY MArch weather and there is a tournament every weekend of the summer-LIEX, 91 igloo etc--WAIT TILL AFTER FATHER's DAY fOR TOURNAMENTS then have at it...
Never going to get along with the ME FIRST crowd in travel lacrosse. Most all of them are just selfish. Good luck PAL, you are going to need it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL is great but the festival is awful. Vendor village?? Poorly maintained fields. Ask every club for a charitable donation and send the money in. Total waste of time....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never going to get along with the ME FIRST crowd in travel lacrosse. Most all of them are just selfish. Good luck PAL, you are going to need it

Please explain why you call them me first and why you feel they are selfish.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you ever shared a PAL sideline with a travel parent? have you ever been on school team sideline with a travel parent, have you ever been on a travel sideline? Not people you want in a foxhole with you, lets leave it at that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too general. Get a grip. Kids need competition, TRAVEL provides it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you ever shared a PAL sideline with a travel parent? have you ever been on school team sideline with a travel parent, have you ever been on a travel sideline? Not people you want in a foxhole with you, lets leave it at that.

Broad Brush

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Broad Brush
Most are in travel not for the team or the experience but for just their kid. Lots of back stabbing, bitching and a me first mentality. Everyone chasing that partial scholorship. Turns some nice parents into bad people. Lacrosse will be over before you know it, I have seen too many many people lose friends after getting wound up too tight. And if you notice the crazies fight back the hardest. Good Luck to you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Broad Brush
Most are in travel not for the team or the experience but for just their kid. Lots of back stabbing, bitching and a me first mentality. Everyone chasing that partial scholorship. Turns some nice parents into bad people. Lacrosse will be over before you know it, I have seen too many many people lose friends after getting wound up too tight. And if you notice the crazies fight back the hardest. Good Luck to you

Go back to baseball, lots of relaxing down time for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. My son play on a travel team and we like that for increased competition, but he also loves plying with his friends on PAL team. So PAL IS good, just Festival (Festivus) is on the whole not what I believe the PAL constituent wants--are you listening PAL?? Also, Do away with the games on mother's day--that in itself will be the gift all us dads can give to our wives!

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard